你在哪
Where are you?
你在哪
Where are you?
我知道你在这
I know you are here.
出来
Come out.
你逃不出我的手心的 我会找到你
You cannot get away from me, I will find you.
你的体内寄宿着恶灵
You've got the devil in you.
你的体内寄宿着恶灵
You've got the devil in you.
它催生了你内心的邪恶
He's put evil inside of you.
出来
Come out.
我知道你在这
I know you are here.
出来
Come out.
出来
Come out.
你在哪
Where are you?
你躲不了我的
You can't hide from me.
我们必须放走恶灵
We have to release the devil.
别碰我
Ah, don't touch me!
不
No!
释放他
Release him!
不
No!
不 住手
No! Stop!
妈妈
Mommy,
爸爸
Daddy,
救救我
help me!
救救我 爸爸 救救我
Help me! Help me Daddy, help me!
奶奶
Hi Grandmere!
你在干什么
What are you doing?
首先 我们要搭建圣坛
First we build the altar.
为什么
Why?
为什么
Why?
当我们到新的地方生活后
When we live somewhere new,
必须为善良的灵魂腾出些空间
we must make room for good spirits to come
驱散邪恶的灵魂
and bad ones to go.
妈妈说 鬼不是真的
Mom says ghosts aren't real.
妈妈不知道
Mom doesn't know.
爸爸也这么说
Well, Daddy says so, too.
爸爸可能是不想告诉你 但他心里知道
Dad may not want to tell you but he knows.
我们向祖先祈祷 而非鬼魂
We pray to our ancestors, not ghosts.
我们都有祖先
And we all have them.
你必须尊重他们
You must respect them.
他们会保佑这个家族
They will protect this family.
我能试试吗
Can I try?
等你长大以后再说吧 孩子
When you are much older, little one.
奶奶 这是什么
Grandmere, what's that?
它能赋予祈祷者生命
This gives life to our prayers
保护我们远离邪恶之眼
and protects us from the evil eye.
我们随身带着
We keep it close,
恶灵就无法近身
no evil can touch us.
爸爸说你很久以前在海底
Dad says you saw your mom killed
看到你的妈妈被一个坏人杀了
by a bad man in Haiti a long time ago.
我们必须要好好对你
And we have to be nice to you
因为大家都知道你知道[西语]
because everyone knows you know .
就是你为什么和鬼说话
That why you talk to ghosts?
你♥爸♥爸和你说了杜瓦利埃的事吗
Your father told you about Papa Doc Duvalier?
他和你这样年纪的孩子说那个恶魔的事
He told a little boy like you about that evil?
愚蠢的奶奶
Silly grandma.
这是我的家 他们照我说的做
It's my family and they do as I say.
茄子
Cheese!
茄子
Cheese!
不 等等
No! Wait!
奶奶 你要微笑
Grandma, you have to smile!
不 不
No, no!
微笑
Smile!
不 不要拍照
No! No pictures now.
微笑 奶奶
Smile Grandma!
不要拍照
No pictures!
-微笑 -不
- Smile! - No!
不不不
No! No, no no no!
-放开我 -不不不
- Let me go! - No, no, no!
妈妈
Mama!
她抓我
She grabbed me!
我和他说了不要拍照
I told him no pictures.
他就是要拍
He takes them anyway!
他应该表示出尊重
He should show respect.
妈妈
Mom,
我知道这很过分
it's a lot, I know.
但是我们都需要互相做出一些让步
But we all just have to give and take a little.
雷克斯不习惯被人这么拒绝
Rex just isn't accustomed to so much resistance.
我们在努力保持积极的交流
We try to keep our interactions really positive and
我们不会说不
we don't use the No word.
你的儿子应该尊重别人
Son should show respect.
我知道我们不是这样的 但我们爱我们的儿子
Look, I know we do things differently but we love our son.
我们不希望他害怕我们
We don't want him to fear us
或者觉得他不能表现出真正的自己
or feel like he can't be his true self.
我们希望他信任我们 做出正确的选择
We want him to trust us and make the right choice.
我们希望你也能尊重这一点
We'd like you to respect that.
你来拍一张我和爸爸的照片吧
Why don't you take a picture of Daddy and me?
说茄子
Say cheese!
茄子
Cheese!
这能保护我们远离邪恶之眼
This protects us from the evil eye.
我们随身带着 恶灵就无法近身
We'll keep it close, no evil can touch us.
必须为善良的灵魂
You must make room
腾出些空间 驱散邪恶的灵魂
for good spirits to come and bad ones to go.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
妈妈 雷克斯只是在玩
Mama! Rex was only playing,
他不是故意的 不
he didn't mean it. No!
他毁掉了圣坛
He destroyed the altar!
他们会生气的 恶灵要来了
They will be angry, now evil will come!
听着 没有保护作用了
Look, look! No protection!
都是他干的
He did that!
爸爸 她让我抽烟
Daddy, she made me smoke.
-我没有 -谁会让一个孩子抽烟
- I did not... - Who let's a child smoke?
她让我抽烟管
She made me smoke a pipe.
-不 -但是我没有
- No! - But I didn't-
我之前听你的
I listened to you before.
我这辈子一直都听你说的话 我很害怕
I listened to you my entire life and I was afraid.
现在你还要吓唬我的儿子
And now you're scaring my son.
这与你和你的信仰无关
It's not about you or your beliefs.
我不想再听到什么关于灵魂
I don't want to hear anything about spirits
或者我儿子抽烟的事
or my son smoking anything.
如果你要留在这里 那就尊重我的规矩
If you're gonna be here, respect my rules.
-你明白吗 -我没有让他抽烟
- Do you understand? - I did not let him smoke.
那他是在...
So he was making a...
约翰
John!
对不起 奶奶
I'm sorry, Grandmere.
那些只是东西 可以再搭
They're only things, they can be replaced.
妈妈 我们是来道歉的
Mama, we came to apologize.
黛西 我们明白这种转变
Desi, we understand how difficult
是非常困难的
this transition has been,
你上一次见雷克斯的时候他还很小
you'd barely seen Rex since he was on bottles,
正从迈阿密搬过来
moving up from Miami,
一切都很不一样
it's all so different.
我们只希望能够互相尊重
We just would like to have respect and be respected.
没错
That's right!
我们和雷克斯也是这么说的
We had the same conversation with Rex.
他也觉得自己不该破坏你的摆设
He feels awful about breaking your display.
圣坛
Altar!
圣坛 对 没错
Altar, right, yes.
看 我也在学习
See, I'm learning, too!
雷克斯有礼物给你
Rex has a gift for you.
我们和他说了你和海地的事
We told him all about you and Haiti and he just,