剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表
I...wasn't planning to...
我还没打算...
I'm sorry.
对不起
Mr.Blackett needs this room tomorrow morning.
布莱克特先生明天早上要用这个房♥间
How do you make it?
这怎么做的
It's very simple really.
其实很简单
Stale bread, raisin, sugar,
发酵的面包 葡萄干 糖
an egg. Dash of milk and a pinch of nutmeg.
鸡蛋 少许牛奶和一小撮豆蔻
Vraiment incroyable.
真不可思议
That always puts me in mind of the Great War.
这总是使我想起第一次世界大战
Exactly what the man in the Barilla factory said...
百味来工厂的那个人就是这么说的...
Yes 'vraiment incroyable' he said.
对啊 他说真不可思议
When aboard a new airplane, everything gold bars.
登上新飞机 样样都是好东西
You see, my plane have been shot down from under me.
我的飞机在我面前被击落了
There you are uncle Charlie.
给你 查理叔叔
Now take your pill.
现在把药吃了吧
Don't worry about it.
别担心
I'll be back in my Regiment in a couple of days.
过几天我就回团里了
Back...with all those young men
跟那些薪水微薄的年轻人
being paid next to nothing...to die.
一起回战场去送死
Defending your commercial interests.
为你们的商业利益卖♥♥命
I don't know about dying. All I've seen you do, is drink.
我没看到送死 我只看到你醉生梦死
Need to put it, darling.
要改改了 亲爱的
Hard to believe when you look at him now but...
瞧他现在这样 你很难相信 不过...
Uncle Charlie was a Cambridge cricket blue.
查理叔叔以前可是剑桥板球高手
Really?
真的吗
Now he's in the Indian Army. And he's a poet.
他现在在印度军营 他是个诗人
Is he?
是吗
Yes he wrote a very long poem about some place in Spain.
是的 他写过关于西班牙某个地方的长诗
Guernica! Yes! That's it.
格尔尼卡 对 就是那里
He read a bit to us. And mother had to warn us all not to laugh.
他读了部分给我们听 妈妈警告我们不许笑
Do you always looks so serious?
你看起来总是这么严肃吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Come on old girl. That's more less city limit. Time to get back.
来吧 只能走到这里了 该回去了
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
You're so romantic, François!
你真是浪漫啊 弗朗索瓦
Why can't Englishman be like you?
为什么英国人不能像你这样
Do you like women?
你喜欢女人吗
Yes.
喜欢
You never know with the English...
英国男人总让人猜不透
As a matter of fact I'm rather an admirer of D.H.Lawrence.
事实上 我很仰慕DH·劳伦斯
The trouble is, there are not so many women out there.
问题是这里的女人不多
White women I mean.
我指的是白人女性
Of course there are some mature ladies,
当然有些年长的女士
with what we call "Les cinq hospitaliers".
我们称她们"热情五人"
The hospitable five.
热情五人
And they are...they're not honnête.
她们不正派
The idyllical women.
诗一般的女人
But you English...are always worried.
但你们英国人总是多虑
Like Hitler!
像希♥特♥勒♥一样
For the purity of the race.
希望种族纯正
For us in Indo-Chine it's completely different.
但我们在印度中国则完全不一样
If you wish to marry a native, no problem.
如果你想娶一个本国人 没问题
Such marriages can have a great utility. Yes I'm sure.
那样的婚姻有很大的好处 那是一定的
Perhaps you like Joan?
你是不是喜欢琼
Well I...
我...
Cigarette? Thank you.
来根烟 谢谢
Well?
怎么样
A pushover daddy.
易如反掌的事 爸爸
Your relic.
到手了
More than half-way there already.
成功了一半
Do you know what the "Singapore Grip" is?
你知道"新加坡掌控"是什么吗
Yes. 'A grip Singapour' is
知道 "新加坡掌控"
a tropical fever you must watch out for it.
是一种要当心的热带病
It says in the paper this morning that
今天早上的报纸说
the Japanese have a convoy approaching the east coast of Siam.
日本护卫队正在接近暹罗的东海岸
Doesn't sound very good.
听起来不妙啊
No. I fear the worst.
是 我担心最坏的情况
Still...
但是
the only way onto singapore Island by land is the Causeway.
陆路登上新加坡岛的唯一途径是堤道
So...they may have to start thinking about blowing that up.
所以他们也许得开始考虑炸掉它
Anyway...
不管怎样...
I'm sure the military wallows are on top of the situation.
我相信军事要塞是最重要的
So, this is what a rubber plantation looks like.
橡胶园原来是这样的
And this is our estate. Your estate.
这是我们的庄园 你的庄园
Can you explain why those mature trees
你知道为什么要把那些成年的树
are being dug up and replaced with saplings?
挖起来再种上树苗
Well...
这个...
I mean I thought rubber trees last 30 years or more.
我以为橡胶树能活三十多年
They do. Surely those ones been replaced aren't that old.
的确 但是被替换的那些树可没有那么老
No.
的确没有
And I thought there was a
我还以为现在
really urgent demand for rubber at the moment,
橡胶是急需品呢
so I don't see why...?
我就不太明白为什么
Were these orders from Walter?
这些指令是沃尔特给的吗
Yes. I'm just following
是的 我只是遵从
instructions that come direct from head office.
来自总部的指示而已
I don't understand why?
我也不明白为什么
That's why I came to Singapore the other day.
这也是我那天来到新加坡的原因
Strange.
奇怪
T...thank you. Thank you.
谢 谢谢 谢谢
I say, this your wife?
这是你妻子吗
Well...yes.
是的
Very very pleased to meet you.
非常高兴见到你
Very pleased to meet you.
也非常高兴见到您
H...how do you do? Fine thank you.
你好吗 很好 谢谢
Should've seen old Langfeld's face when he heard
真应该看看朗菲德听到
that I bought a 100,000 tons of
我在美国人终止贸易两天之前
rubble two days before the Americans closed the door.
买♥♥了十万吨♥橡胶的样子
Did you?
你看到了吗
Did I what?
我看到什么
See his face.
看到他的样子
Well no, but I can vividly imagine.
没有 但我能生动形象地想象出来
Cheered me up no end on a rather trying day.
真是我在百忙之后的完美解压
Oh dear. I'm happy to hear it.
亲爱的 我听到也很高兴
There you are. Good.
你在这里啊 很好
Get yourself looking spruce.
把你自己收拾得干净点
We're heading to 'The Great World' in a couple of hours.
我们两个小时后去"大世界"
'The Great World'?
"大世界"吗
Yes. It's a sort of a funfair river on Kim Seng Road.
没错 大概就是金松路上一个玩乐的地方
Some Irish woman is going be fired from a cannon.
有个爱尔兰女人要从炮筒子里被发射出去
Whatever for?
这是为了什么
I don't know...it's a profession, I imagine.
我也不知道 是种职业吧 我猜
There's some jolly good singers too. The D'souza sisters.
还有些一级棒的歌♥手 德索扎姐妹
You and me and Joan.
你和我还有琼
Well good. Thank you.
很好 谢谢你
Uh...Monty? Yes.
蒙提 怎么了
Went up the estate in Johore yesterday.
昨天去柔佛的橡胶园了
Found they were digging up a lot of mature trees
看到他们挖了好多成树出来
replacing with saplings.
换成树苗
Yes?
所以呢
Seem to be an odd thing to be doing.
你不觉得这有点奇怪吗
Uh, well don't ask me. You better bring it up with the Pater.
别问我啊 你最好去跟爸爸说
It's all to do with the excess profits tax.
这都是跟额外的利润税有关
At the beginning of the war they brought in a new regulation.
战争伊始 他们颁布了一项新的准则
Find your standard profits
算好你的常规利润
and took 60% of everything over and above that.
然后收取所有常规以及以上利润的60%
Bad enough I suppose but bearable.
挺苛刻的 但可以忍♥受
Then if you believe it, they upped it to a 100%.
接着 如果你相信的话 他们又涨到了100%
On the other hand, replanting expenses are allowed against tax.
另一方面 重新种植的费用可以不收税
剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表