剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表
Ten thousand clerks in Singapore at starvation wages.
新加坡有十万名文员 拿着刚够温饱的工资
You can't expect me to put up with this can you?
你觉得我会忍♥受你这样吗
Clear off then. Nobody invited you.
那你走啊 也没人邀请你
Matthew did as a matter of fact.
其实是马修邀请我来的
As a matter of fact,
其实
clerks or coolies or whatever the hell they are.
无论他们是文员还是苦力或别的什么
The reason they are coming from all over India and China
他们之所以从印度和中国大批涌来
is because there are jobs here
就是因为这里有工作
and they think they have a better life. Which they will.
他们觉得能过上更好的生活 也确实是
But you said you were leaving.
但你说你要走了
Well that would suit you just fine. Wouldn't it?
那正好遂了你的心愿 对吧
Bring them in as cheap labor.
让他们作为廉价劳动力来到这里
Shortage is not much better than the slave trade?
人力短缺可不比奴隶制好
We have their interests more at heart.
我们会更关心他们的利益
We do have their interests at heart.
我们确实关心他们的利益
We are giving them jobs, they can't get where they come from.
我们给他们的工作 在他们老家根本没有
Got a serious proposition I want to put to you.
我有个提议 想向你建议
What's that?
什么
Couple of weeks ago
两周前
I came across a very nice Chinese girl by name of Sally.
我遇到了一个很好的中国女孩 叫萨丽
Very clean and she has her own flat.
她很干净 也有自己的公♥寓♥
No.
不
Really Monty.
说真的 蒙提
Listen, before you come to a decision she's clean as I say.
听着 你做决定前 我也说了她很干净
Very good at her job.
活儿非常好
You can do anything you like.
你可以做任何想做的事
And with you and me and these other two friends of mine,
然后你和我 再加我的两个朋友
we can split her four ways for $1750 a month.
我们可以用每月1750美元的价格共享她
And you could have her one evening guaranteed.
能保证让你每周有一晚和她在一起
Two evenings most weeks.
大多数时候是两晚
It's an incredible opportunity.
这是个千载难逢的机会
Look, I want you to come and dance with me.
听着 我想让你跟我一起跳舞
That's the least you could do.
这是你起码能做的
Can't you see I'm in the middle of eating.
你没看见我正吃饭呢吗
You don't have to decide this minute.
你不用现在就决定
You can have a couple of days to think it over.
你可以花几天时间想想
I might be able to get her down to 15.
我也许能把价格压到1500
She goes at it hammer and tongs.
她会欣然接受的
No! Monty, I told you it's not my line.
不 蒙提 我说了我不好这口
It's not the price.
不是价格的原因
It's the idea of it.
是这个想法
Oh. I see.
好吧
I might try my luck with the taxi dancers in a minute.
我一会去出租舞者那试试运气
What?
什么
Those girls over there in the corner, work for the club.
那些在角落的姑娘 为俱乐部工作
Occasionally you can strike it lucky.
有时你能走运
You buy a little book for a dollar
你花一美元买♥♥一本书
and that entitles you to four dances.
然后她们就会给你跳四支舞
Tear off a ticket and give it to them.
撕下一张票给她们
Come dance with me please. I said, "No"!
来和我跳舞吧 我说了不要
Alright. I'm...
好吧 我...
I'm going. But um...
我走了 但是
I'm call in at the house later in the evening.
我会晚点给你家打电♥话♥
We need to have a serious talk.
我们得好好谈谈
Do what you like.
你爱干嘛干嘛吧
Will you dance with me, Matthew?
你能和我跳舞吗 马修
Of course.
当然
...VNC ready and waiting
VNC已做好准备在等待
till furthur notice. Very good sir. Good....
直到上头下令 很好 好...
Sir?
长官
Message from the GSO-2.
刚才是二级总参谋长来电
They'd like to know if we should impose a blackout?
他们想知道我们是否会进行断电
Blackout? Yes...well yes certainly worth considering.
断电 对 这个主意不错
I rather think that's the Governor's responsibility.
我觉得那是总督的责任
Safety measure. I don't see why he would object.
为了安全起见 我觉得他不会反对
On the other hand, don't want to spread alarm and despond, do we?
但话说回来 我们也不想散步恐慌情绪 对吧
Let's get onto it tomorrow.
明天执行
Just as you like.
如你所愿
Thank you Jack. Tell them to hold off for tonight.
谢谢 杰克 让他们今晚待命
Sir.
遵命长官
We're next.
我们是下一个了
I don't know about you but I'm heading home.
你们怎么样都行 但我要回家了
I know you can't.
你可不能走
Night is young.
现在还早着呢
I know it's quite old enough for me.
对我来说已经很晚了
Well you can take the car and Matthew and I'll get in a trishaw.
那你开车吧 马修和我一会做人力三轮车回去
Actually I don't mind going home. I'm feeling a bit...
其实我也想回去 我感觉有点...
That's nonsense! It's not even 10 o'clock.
胡说 现在还不到十点呢
At least we can get a drink somewhere.
至少我们能去哪喝杯酒吧
Come on.
来嘛
If you're turning down a share of Sally
如果你不参与共享萨丽
because you think you'll get it from Joan,
是因为你觉得你能得到琼
I'm here to tell you you're barking up the wrong tree.
那我告诉你别白费力气了
She doesn't. Doesn't what? Oh! I see what you mean.
她不那么做 不做什么 我懂了
No. She doesn't. Not even occasionally.
不 她从来不做 没有例外
Well?
怎么样
Didn't quite go according to plan I'm afraid.
恐怕与计划有些出入
He invited Jim Ehrendorf.
他邀请了吉姆·埃伦多夫
Yes I know. He's here. Waiting for you on the ground.
我知道 他在这呢 在花♥园♥等你
Good God. He seemed quite upset when he arrived.
天呐 他来时显得很不开心
Obviously not upset enough!
显然还不够不开心
I better go find him and finish the job.
我最好去和他做个了断了
Ye...but the evening? It went well otherwise.
嗯 但今晚呢 其他都还好吧
Yes daddy. Don't you worry.
是的爸爸 你别担心
Monty has dragged him somewhere. But he's definitely in the bag.
蒙提带他去别的地方了 但他上钩了
No,
不
no,no, no. This...this is no good. This is no good.
步步 这 这不好 这不好
No, no. On. Go. Get out of here!
不不 快走 离开这里
Out of here! Out of here! Out of here!
离开这里 离开这里 离开这里
It's funny, I thought things
真有趣 我以为
were getting better lately with all the refugees.
难民来了情况会有所好转呢
Better? Well you know what I mean.
好转 你懂我什么意思
How can you be so heartless? I just meant younger. You know.
你怎么能这么无情 我是指更年轻
No need to get worked up old boy. It's not my fault.
没必要为这个上火 老兄 这不是我的错
It's all our fault.
这全是我们的错
We send all these huge profits home
我们为家乡产生巨大的利润
and we can't even provide enough to keep few refugees
却无法给难民提供足够的工资
from going to the streets.
让他们不再上街讨生活
It's really no good taking this high moral tone
在东方用站在道德制高点的语气说话
out here in the East you know.
对你真的没好处
Try to remember people have been here awhile
你要记住 来这里的人们
don't much go in for pious homilies.
根本不会去听虔诚的布道
I suppose we better get you home to bed, old man.
我们最好带你回家上♥床♥睡觉了 老兄
You look ghastly.
你看着好憔悴
I'll drop you off.
我送你到家
Aren't you going to? No.
你不回家吗 不
I'm carrying on until I find what I need.
我要继续寻找 直到找到想要的
I'm going to ask you to do one last thing for me.
我要让你为我做最后一件事
Just to show there's no hard feelings.
显示我们之间不是不欢而散
Well..Then.
那行吧
Alright.
来吧
Come with me.
跟我来
Joan is giving Jim Ehrendorf his marching orders as we speak.
就这会 琼正在和吉姆·埃伦多夫分手呢
And you should be happy to hear
你也应该很高兴听到
that things are moving rather promisingly
琼和马修的关系
between Joan and young Matthew.
正朝着好的方向发展
Do you think...?
你觉得...
Well...we mustn't count our chickens but...
我们不能想当然了 但是
I think we can start ordering the wood for the coop.
我们应该早做准备了
Your father...father...mixed drink...
你的父亲 父亲 混合了饮料
剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表