剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表
Walter?
沃尔特
What do you want?
有什么事
It's Matthew.
我是马修
Who?
谁
Matthew Webb.
马修·韦伯
I wondered if I might have a word.
我想跟您谈谈
It's you.
是你啊
Come to destroy all my rubber, have you?
来摧毁我所有的橡胶 对吧
No. It's not about that.
不 与那无关
I don't know what your father would've said.
我不知道你父亲会怎么说
May I?
我能进来吗
This way.
这边
Take a seat.
坐吧
Have you made arrangements to leave Singapore?
你做了离开新加坡的安排吗
So that's it.
原来是为了这个
Like everybody else you want me out of here
像所有人一样 希望赶我走
so you can burn the place down.
然后把这地方烧了
I'm afraid it's going to burn down without our help.
恐怕我们什么都不做这里也会被烧毁
That's why I'm here. To get you out before it does.
这正是我来的原因 在烧毁前带你走
We're trying to stop fires not start them.
我们是想停火 而不是点火
Well I'm glad your father isn't here to see it.
我很高兴你父亲没看到这一幕
You are looking a bit of a mess. If you don't mind my saying so.
你看着挺狼狈的 如果你不介意我这么说
I wanted to ask...
我想问...
You know I had this Army idiot here just now.
知道吗 刚才有个军队的傻小子在这
You know what he had the goal to say to me?
你知道他对我说了什么吗
I... I'll tell you.
我... 我告诉你
Said, we civilians were happy to let the troops do all the fighting
他说 我们这种平民很开心军队在战斗
and all we were thinking about was feathering our own nest.
而且我们都只想着如何顾及自己的家
Do you believe it?
你敢信吗
Well there's some truth in that.
这话也有道理
Do you know what Lever of Lever Brothers said?
你知道利华兄弟公♥司♥的詹姆斯·利华说过什么吗
No. Look... He said,
不知道 听着... 他说
"War was just a passing phase in business life".
"战争只是商业的一个阶段"
Now he wanted to go on selling Sunlight soap to the Germans.
他想把太阳牌肥皂卖♥♥给德国人
This was during the Great War and his thinking was
那时候是一战 他的想法是
the more soap he made
他制♥造♥的肥皂越多
the more glycerin there would be the munitions.
军♥火♥用品就有越多的甘油
But there's nothing like patriotism obliding people to reality.
但爱国主义最能使人♥民♥屈服于现实
I think we better go Walter. What happened?
我们得走了 沃尔特 结果呢
A bunch of self righteous fools
一帮自以为是的蠢货
destroying our investment lock, stock and barrel.
毁了我们的投资产品 库存和桶
It's not self righteous fools destroying your investments, Walter.
毁了你投资的不是自以为是的蠢货 沃尔特
It's the bloody Japanese Air Force.
是日本空军
My God. Look at that.
天呐 你看看
Yes. Terrible.
没错 惨不忍♥睹
You know...
知道吗
you don't seem to understand
你似乎不理解
the responsibilities a businessman has to bear.
商人肩上必须要担负的责任
Can we talk about this later?
我们能一会再说这个吗
Let me really show you Matthew.
我实在告诉你 马修
Your father and I would work late into the night
你父亲和我常工作到深夜
because we were aware of the responsibilities
因为我们知道自己对股东们
we had to our shareholders.
要付怎样的责任
Now we were thinking of the...the poor widows,
我们会想着 可怜的寡妇
and the clergymen and the spinsters.
牧师和老处♥女♥
What would happen to them...
他们该怎么过呢
if we withheld the dividend?
如果我们没有分红的话
You could scuffle all you like.
你想怎么反对都行
I'm not scuffling, Walter!
我没有反对 沃尔特
I just want to get out of here before it's too late.
我只想赶紧离开这里 免得为时过晚
Of course the world was a different place then.
当然了 那时候的世界与现在截然不同
Singapore was a...
那时的新加坡是个...
You know we used to have to fetch water in...barrels.
我们以前要用桶去打水
And then my mother would filter them...through muzzle.
然后我妈再用口套进行过滤
Walter? Can you...can you hear that crackling sound?
沃尔特 你能 你能听到噼啪的响声吗
Yes I can.
我能
Now we children used to have rickshaw races.
我们小时候会玩人力车比赛
Chinese boy would supervise us at afternoon tea.
有个中国小子会在下午茶时看管我们
Did we misbehave? Ho! Ho.
我们会淘气吗
He would give us a sharp rack over the knuckles.
他会用关节狠狠地敲打 提醒我们
Walter...
沃尔特
Walter? What's the matter?
沃尔特 怎么了
Yeah. The junior boys who came out of England
是啊 从英国来的小男孩们
they were always terribly homesick.
总是非常想家
And then they were... admitted of course.
然后 然后他们也会入院
But my mother knew.
但我母亲知道
She was always wonderfully kind to them.
她总是对他们很温柔
What's all this smoke?
这些烟是哪里来的
The godown's on fire, Walter. We need to get out.
仓库着火了 沃尔特 我们得出去了
What!?
什么
Come on!
快走
Do you have a way to get out of Singapore? I certainly do.
你有办法离开新加坡吗 当然有
There's a boat leaving from Telok Ayer Basin at 8:00 this evening.
今晚8点有船从贝森湾离港
You better come too, I suppose.
你最好一起来
I...don't know about you.
不知道你怎么想的
But I wouldn't mind a spot of breakfast at Raffle's.
但我很想来一份拉弗餐厅的早餐
Kedgeree and orange juice, I fancy.
我喜欢鱼蛋烩饭和橙汁
I've to leave you here, Walter, I'm afraid.
恐怕我们得就此分别了 沃尔特
There's someone I need to find.
我得去找人
Wait.
等等
You alright?
你还好吗
Do you have any water by any chance?
你有水吗
What have you done to you hands?
你的手是怎么弄的
Fire fighting.
救火
I don't....some sort of explosion.
我也不... 算是爆♥炸♥吧
You better come with us. We can get you a dressing.
你最好跟我们来 我们可以给你包扎一下
No.
不
I'm looking for my girl.
我在找女朋友
You will be able to do that better
把你的手处理好
once your hands have been seen to. Come.
你找人才能更顺利 来吧
Please.
来吧
You see that beach over there?
你看见那边的海滩了吗
Yes.
嗯
We got hold of a boat and hid it over there.
我们弄到一艘船 把它藏在那了
We're going to try and get out and make it to Sumatra.
我们会设法撤离到苏门答腊去
9:00 o'clock tonight. Room for you if you'd like to join us.
今晚9点 如果你愿意一起就给你留个地方
We could probably squeeze in your girl as well of course.
可能还能给你女朋友挤个地方
You will have to find her first. I'll find her.
当然你得先找到她 我会找到她的
We can't wait for you.
我们可不能等你
Don't worry.
不用担心
I'll find her.
我会找到她的
I'm just...what the hell is going on here?
我只是...这里怎么回事
Room.
起立
At ease, gentleman.
稍息 各位
I've just received a cable from General Wavell telling me:
我刚收到韦维尔将军发来的电报
I'm may cease resistance at my discretion.
我可以自行决定是否停火
We should've surrendered two days ago.
我们两天前就该投降了
It says, we should carry on resisting
电报上写的是 我们应该继续反抗
as long as we're physically capable.
直到体力无法再支持
Yes. But he's in Java.
说得轻松 他人在爪哇岛
Japanese!
日本鬼子
He's coming back.
他又绕回来了
Let's get the fuck out of here.
我们赶紧离开这里
Are you alright?
你还好吗
What's his name?
他叫什么
Bruce.
布鲁斯
I'm afraid I didn't catch his other name.
我不知道他姓什么
Okay. You can go inside and get patched up. I'm in charge. Okay?
好 你进去包扎一下吧 我来负责这里 好吗
No. I'm fine. I'm fine.
不 我没事 我没事
Maybe just a cup of tea. Alright?
那就喝杯茶吧 行吗
剧集 | 新加坡掌控(2020) | 导航列表