剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表
- How did you do it? - By talking about other things.
多年来 这些房♥间都是供轻松会谈的庙宇
For years, these rooms were a temple for lighthearted encounters.
人们期望神父能谈论信仰
People expect priests to talk about religion.
但我知道 一个启示性的宗教必须具有诗意
But I knew that a revealed religion must be poetic.
所以我跟他们谈论高尔夫 荷尔德林
So I would speak with them about golf, Holderlin,
蒙塔莱和阿森纳足球俱乐部
Montale and the Arsenal football club
以及女人交叉双腿的方式
and the way women have of crossing their legs.
诗意
Poetry!
然后他们就会明白成为天主教♥徒♥意味着什么
And they would discover what it means to be Catholic,
意味着成为万事万物
means being everything,
因为万事万物都是上帝的恩典
for everything belongs to the grace of God.
我能听到自己说话
I could hear myself talking
意识到我在扮演一个角色
and realized that I was playing a part.
好演员知道到了某一时刻
Good actors know that at a certain point
就是时候退出舞台了
it is time to withdraw from the stage.
但伟大的演员会死在舞台上
But great actors die on stage.
因为他们永远不会停止进步
Because they never stop improving.
以及成长 我知道
And growing, I know.
"成长是生命唯一的证明"
"Growth is the only evidence of life",
纽曼红衣主教曾经这样说
Cardinal Newman used to say.
但永恒的问题是 我想成长吗
But the everlasting question is: do I want to grow?
我想活着吗
Do I want to live?
你想让我成为下一任教宗
You want me to be the next pope.
教会如今赤身裸体
The Church is naked,
而你认为最适合她的衣服
and you believe the most suitable outfit in which to cloth her
是我的中庸之道
is my famous middle way.
既然教会一♥丝♥不♥挂♥ 在穿衣之前
But since the Church is already naked, before dressing her again,
你需要像医生一样给她检查
you need to examine her, the way a doctor would.
诊断教会是一项巨大的工程 瓦埃洛
Diagnosing the Church is a colossal enterprise, Voiello,
而你严重低估了这一点
which you underestimate gravely.
区分在教会的身体里什么是心理症状
It is essential to distinguish between what is physiological
什么是病理症状才是最重要的
and what is pathological in the body of the Church.
大家看
There.
大人刚才已经向你解释过
His Eminence has just explained to you
中庸之道的基本原则
the basic principle of the Middle Way.
你愿意重返舞台吗 约翰爵士
Will you take the stage again, Sir John?
我不知道
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't know.
你把事情过度简化了 瓦埃洛
You oversimplify things, Voiello.
今天是很久以来的第一次
Today was the first day in a long while,
我无法和上帝对话
I was unable to speak with God.
我想到的话很邪恶
The words that came to me were ugly.
邪恶 为什么
Ugly? How?
虚假
False.
就这样 花儿在我眼前绽放
And just like that, the flower blossomed, right before my eyes.
我将手放在腹部 轻声低语
I placed a hand on my belly and whispered:
"我感受到了 圣父 我感受到了"
"I feel it, Holy Father, I feel it."
庇护十三世教宗
And Pius XIII
没有看我 他闭着双眼
without looking at me, closed his eyes and said,
用优雅的声音说
in a voice filled with grace:
"我也感受到了 埃斯特
"I feel it too, Ester.
是的 你已怀有身孕
Yes, you are pregnant,
你将诞下美丽的小男孩
and you will have a beautiful baby boy.
但请不要将这称为奇迹
But please, let's not call it a miracle.
就让神秘保持神秘"
Let's let mystery remain mystery."
真美 真美 埃斯特
Beautiful, beautiful, Ester.
你的故事带给我们欢乐 让我们重拾希望
Your story gives us joy, it restore us our hope.
是的 希望
Yes, hope!
200欧元 我们说好500欧元的
200 euro? We agreed on 500!
求你别再烦我 我已经迟到了
Please don't you start busting my balls. I'm already late.
我只能给你200欧元
200 it's all I can give you.
再说 那个关于奇迹的鬼话你已经
Besides, you've already told that miracle bullshit 1000 times,
在全世界的电视里讲过一千遍了
on every TV in the world.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
你来祈祷还是喝酒
Do you come here to pray or to drink?
他会先喝酒再祈祷上帝帮他戒酒
First he drinks then he prays to God to help him stop.
年份巴罗洛酒
Barolo Anversano.
-敬布兰诺克斯 -敬布兰诺克斯
- To Brannox? - To Brannox!
你确定他会成为下一任教宗吗
You're really sure he'll be the new pope?
-我有个可靠的内线 -谁
- I've got an insider very reliable. - Who?
-我妻子 -你的计划真高明 汤马西
- My wife. - Your plan is brilliant, Tomas.
你给"精明算计"这个词增光添彩
You give a new luster to the term wheeler-dealer.
我不明白你怎么这么确定
I don't understand why you are so sure
你能得到布兰诺克斯的青睐
you can get into Brannox's good graces.
放轻松 圭恰迪尼 放轻松
Relax, Guicciardini. Relax.
我是经济和财政部长
I am the Minister of Economy and Finance.
你不知道我有曝光率有多高吗
Do you realize how exposed I am?
请别跟我说放轻松
Please don't tell me to relax
这样只会让我更心烦
because that only makes me more upset.
圭恰迪尼 重点是
Guicciardini, look the point is this:
不是我想得到布兰诺克斯的青睐
it's not me who will want to get into Brannox's good graces.
而是布兰诺克斯 新教宗
It's Brannox, the new pope,
希望讨得我的欢心
who will want to get into my good graces.
我不明白
I don't understand.
在梵蒂冈 知道教宗秘密的人
In the Vatican, whoever knows the pope's secret
才是实际上的教宗
becomes in reality the pope.
你猜猜 唯一一个
Now, guess who the only person is
知道教宗不可言说的秘密的人是谁
who knows the pope's unspeakable secret?
你吗
You?
作为一个民粹主义者 你反应很快 杜伊尤
You're a quick learner, Dullio, for a populist.
这个秘密是什么
What's the secret?
你能想象这些照片
Can you picture these photos
被印在火机 钥匙扣 烟灰缸上吗
on lighters, key chains, ashtrays?
我能想象这些教宗周边能大卖♥♥一笔 你呢
I can imagine a healthy sale of papal gadgets. Can't you?
我想得更远
I am thinking bigger than that.
我能想象到大量的灵魂买♥♥卖♥♥
I can imagine a healthy trade of souls.
他最后真的说了 "我不知道"
He did finally say "I don't know."
要我说 "我不知道"意思就是"是的"
If you ask me, "I don't know" means "Yes."
但他依旧非常小心 胆怯 他在研究我们
But he is still so wary, so diffident. He's studying us.
但应该是我们研究他
But we are supposed to be studying him.
有什么可研究的
What is there to study?
他有一切成为伟大的教宗的潜质
He has all the necessary qualifications to make a great pope:
让人昏昏欲睡的平静
the soporific calm
完美契合梵蒂冈的节奏
that is in perfect harmony with the Vatican's heartbeat.
他的个人魅力能让大家忘记不久前的事
The charisma to make people forget the recent past.
他在道德上无功无过 能平息当前的动荡
The moral equilibrium to defuse the turbulence of the present.
-那将来呢 -别这么天真了 阿吉雷
- And what about the future? - Don't be so naive, Aguirre.
教会没时间操心将来的事
The Church doesn't have time to worry about the future.
更重要的是 他令人信服 有诱惑力
What's more, he is persuasive, seductive.
能抓住你
He envelops you.
这个人像是天鹅绒做成的
The man seems to be made of velvet.
您觉得呢 大人
What do you think, Eminence?
我觉得我们得快点了 我们没多少时间
I think we have to hurry. We don't have much time.
我们得直接问 让我去谈吧
We must raise the question directly. Leave the talking to me.
女士 大人 约翰爵士想和你们谈谈
Ma'am, Eminences, Sir John would like to speak with you.
大人 我能单独和您谈谈吗
Eminence, might I have a word, in private?
我从约翰爵士小时候起就一直在照顾他
I have been looking after Sir John since he was a boy.
他是个了不起的人
He is a magnificent person,
但同时他也很脆弱
but he is also fragile, delicate.
就像是一件瓷器
A piece of porcelain.
由伟大的艺术家塑造 美丽 精致
Beautiful, glazed, and molded by great artists,
但本质上是件瓷器
but a piece of porcelain nevertheless.
他的生活背负着令人心碎的悲伤
His life has been burdened with crippling sorrows
以及无法言说的失望
and unspeakable disappointments.
我们不能成为另一次失望
We will not be another disappointment.
约翰爵士会在第一轮投票中成为教宗的
Sir John will become pope at the first round of voting.
这会是史上最迅速的一次教宗选举 我保证
It will be the swiftest conclave in history. I promise.
-我是一个脆弱的人 -是的 一件瓷器
- I am a fragile, delicate man. - True. A piece of porcelain.
-对吗 -一件漂亮的瓷器
- Am I right? - A beautiful piece of porcelain.
也许你需要的是一个钢铁般的人
Perhaps what you need is a man of steel.
不 那是世俗政♥权♥和愚人所需要的
剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表