剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表
-你的侄子长得真好 -谢谢 圣父
- Beautiful baby, your nephew. - Thank you, Holy Father.
感谢您的美言
Appreciate that.
抱歉 我给您带了礼物 一幅我的画作
Sorry, I brought a gift for you. A painting that I did.
-很有意思 谢谢 -不客气
- Interesting, thank you. - You're welcome.
您...
So...
您看上去稍微老了一些 也许只是胡子的原因
You look a bit older, and it might just be the beard.
我从三十一岁就开始蓄须了
I have had a beard since I was 31.
我记得您在威尼斯发表的震撼演讲
I remember that amazing speech you gave in Venice,
但我记得您当时没留胡子
but I don't remember you having a beard, then.
那位是庇护十三世
That was Pius XIII.
-那您是 -我是若望·保禄三世
- So who are you? - I'm John Paul III.
请您原谅 圣父 您要知道
Please forgive me, Holy Father. You gotta understand,
我在录音棚里呆了好几个月
I've been in the studio holed up for months
而且我没有关注新闻的习惯 所以
and I don't really keep track of the news so...
你是怎么做到的
What helps?
磷酸钾混上一个增肌胶囊
Potassium phosphate mixed with a capsule of Xabol.
你真是位药物冒险家
So you're quite the pharmaceutical adventurer.
-所以您不是庇护十三世 -不 我是新教宗
- So you are not Pius XIII? - No, I'm the new pope.
我能问问之前的教宗怎么了吗
May I asked what happened to the old pope?
他陷入昏迷
He is in coma,
而他的继任者方济各二世也去世了
and he had a successor, Francis II, and he died.
您去探视他了吗
Have you gone to visit him?
-谁 -那位昏迷的教宗
- Who? - The pope in a coma.
还未曾
No, not yet.
也许您应该去
Maybe you should.
新教宗
第四集
那是什么 那是什么
让我们在一起感觉如此美好
那是什么 那是什么
这澎湃的情感
上帝说我爱你们
如果他表现出来 他很快乐
兄弟们
Brothers.
许多 太多圣职者相信
Many, far too many members of the clergy
爱是一片无际草场
believe that love is an infinite meadow
而他们可以随意采摘鲜花
and they are allowed to pick all the flowers they want.
但他们不是在摘花
But they are not picking flowers,
而是从土里将各种植物连根拔起
they are ripping plants from the earth
并且他们的举动
and assuring by their actions
让他们玷污的荒芜焦土
that in the scorched and barren soil they've defiled,
永远无法重焕新生
nothing more will ever grow.
我们的教会有变成这样的风险
This is what our Church risks becoming.
全世界都想看到恋童癖牧师上绞架
The world wants to see pedophile priests hanged.
但基♥督♥不会想要这样
But Jesus would not want this.
基♥督♥有礼有节
Jesus is civility
而教会不可以
and the Church cannot,
也不得抛弃她的子女
must not abandon her children,
尤其在他们生病之时
especially if they are ill.
但如果他们生了病
But if they are ill,
她必须将他们
she must distance them
从教会核心永远隔离出去
from the heart of the ecclesiastical life forever.
永远
Forever.
我知道你听过很多次了
I know it sounds trite,
但看到你被这些男人围绕
but seeing you surrounded by all these men,
让我心中充满骄傲
makes me swell with pride.
现在我们用骄傲这个词来形容它了吗
Is that what we're calling it now? Pride?
教宗陛下
Your Holiness,
如果您有空 我想给您看点东西
when you have a minute, I would like to show you something.
是我送您的礼物 教宗陛下
A gift, from me to you, Your Holiness.
他们告诉我您只喜欢宾利
They told me you only love Bentleys.
这就是真实世界的玩法吗
So, this is the way the real world works.
没错 真实世界就是如此
Yes, this is how it works.
我希望没有冒犯您 教宗陛下
I hope that you are not offended, Your Holiness.
这只是欢迎礼 不求任何回报
It's only a welcome gift. One that expects nothing in return.
我又有什么可以回报的呢 大人
What could I possibly give in return, Eminence?
我只是一位代言者
I am only a primus inter pares.
具体来说 您需要做出任命
To be concrete, you need to make appointments.
我从不具体
I am never concrete.
教宗陛下 您还记得
Do you remember, Your Holiness,
我们在神学院之后同睡一屋的时候吗
when we slept in the same room after the seminary?
如此美好的回忆 我们当时很年轻
What happy memories. We were young then.
我所记得的青春都和我的兄弟亚当有关
All I remember about my youth is my brother Adam.
您还把那个银盒子放在枕边入睡吗
Do you still sleep with that silver box next to your bed?
你说的对 我们当年的确同睡一屋
Actually, you're right, of course, we did sleep in the same room,
我记得您当时有无数年轻访客
I recall you had an endless stream of young visitors,
日夜不休 对吗
day and night, no?
圣父 如果您允许的话
If you allow me, Holy Father,
我很乐于有时间告知您
I'd be happy to inform you sometime
一些梵蒂冈城内的习惯
of certain habits inside the Vatican.
请吧 大人
I very much allow you, Eminence.
现在就说 但说无妨 我很好奇
Do it now, do tell, straight away, I'm curious.
在梵蒂冈 只能在敲诈和仁慈之间做出选择
In the Vatican, the choice is between blackmail and benevolence.
我总是倾向于第二种选择 你呢
I always prefer the second option. Don't you?
我从不在晚上回答重要的问题 大人
I never answer important questions in the evening, Eminence.
尤其是喝了三杯香槟之后
Especially after three glasses of champagne.
国务枢机卿
别让我尴尬 起来
今天发生了什么事
请接受我的辞呈 大人
废话少说 谁是莉塞特
她是个修女 有事想和你商量
还有圣特蕾莎修道院的院长
我当时认为没有必要问你
没错 我不管微不足道的事
我只负责天上的 超自然的力量
从天上到泥潭只有一步之遥
-拿破仑说的吗 -不 我说的
由于无法和你商量 修女们罢♥工♥了
她们已经占领了西斯廷教堂
老天 你应该告诉我的
自我上任以来还从未有过罢♥工♥
-那些可怜的女人想要什么 -只是一件小事
难道你没能处理好吗
我还以为像往常一样冷漠就行 但我错了
让我和这位院长谈谈
-她想要什么 -200欧元
问题解决了 负责人之间对等交换
Matter resolved. A quid pro quo in the chain of command.
-我可以骂人吗 -只此一次
- May I swear? - Just once.
去他妈的 问题根本没有解决
Like fuck it is! The matter is not resolved at all.
院长嬷嬷
Reverend Mother,
卡瓦罗先生告诉我说你要两百欧
Don Cavallo informed me that you had requested 200 euro,
以便带莉塞特的母亲去卢尔德
in order to take Lisette's mother to Lourdes.
而我刚给了你两百欧
And I have just given you 200 euro.
我们现在想要的跟之前不一样了
What we want now is not what we wanted before.
我们的要求变了
Our requests have changed.
你不明白
You don't understand.
我什么都明白 院长嬷嬷
I understand everything, Reverend Mother,
但你得说得更清楚些
but you need to be more clear.
我们修女们团结在一起
We sisters have joined together,
我们现在明白了施舍和权利的区别
and we now understand the difference between charity and rights.
-我洗耳恭听 -我们要尊重
- I am all ears. - We demand respect.
以及从社会 道德 经济上
Social, moral, and economic recognition
承认我们所履行的职责
for the duties we sisters perform.
我们希望得到教会真心实意的接纳
We want to be welcomed into the bosom of the Church,
被赋予更积极的神职
to be granted a more active ministry,
包括施行圣事
including administering the sacraments.
总体而言 我们希望男性神职人员
And, in general, we expect the male clergy
在与我们修女相处时
to adopt a psychologically mature attitude
态度成熟一些
in its relations with us female members.
请为我说明最后一点
Please clarify this last point for me.
你需要我详细说明
Do you need me to elaborate on the sort of things
修士们能做哪些事吗
your brothers are capable of?
现在不行 我没时间
Not now, I don't have time.
但一份详细的书面报告会很有用
But a detailed, written account would prove most useful.
-会交给你的 -不 不行
- That you shall have. - No! You won't.
这是个陷阱 院长嬷嬷
It's a trap, Reverend Mother.
我们会因为搬弄是非而被解职
We will be dismissed as tattlers,
而他会有一份所有共犯的犯罪记录
and he will have a record of all his accomplices' depravities,
这样就能更好地敲诈她们
the better to blackmail them with.
精彩 真是人才
Spectacular, the talent!
这将是一场持久战
This will be a long war,
但这会像以前一样 以我的胜利结束
though it will end as they all do: with my victory.
但莉塞特修女 你会是一个强大的对手
But you, Sister Lisette, will make a formidable adversary.
你说对了
剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表