剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表
要我是不会去管这件事的
I would let it drop.
我不会否认长♥期♥以来我对瓦埃洛的反感
I will not deny my longstanding antipathy for Voiello,
但我觉得我必须提醒您 调查他
yet I feel I must warn you that making enquiries about him
就意味着您把自己置于他的对立面
would mean setting yourself against him,
在梵蒂冈 您绝不会希望出现这种情况的
which is the last thing you want to do here in the Vatican.
连这里的墙壁都知道不挡他的路
Even the walls know that.
是什么让他变得如此危险
What makes him so dangerous?
没人知道
No one really knows.
但事实就是
But the fact is,
每当有人试图反对他
every time someone tries to oppose him,
这人最后都会粉身碎骨
he has ended up in pieces.
字面意义上的
Literally.
字面意义上的
Literally.
瓦埃洛有主在帮他 圣父
Voiello is helped by the Lord, Holy Father.
但让人难以理解的是
But what is difficult to understand is:
这个主到底是谁
who is this Lord?
他是神
Is he divine?
亦或是人
Or is he human?
权力即是重罪 吉罗拉莫
我一直清楚这一点
那些人兴高采烈 热泪盈眶地来
自欺欺人地以为 自己可以打破两者间牢不可破的联♥系♥
这种联♥系♥是上帝悄悄结下的
没告诉任何人
我见许多人尝试过
但他们最终都过时了
只有我没有过时
就和健达巧克力棒一样
你觉得那不勒斯的阵容如何
就他们收♥购♥球员的策略看 他们本该有更大成就
你不觉得吗
但再看看吧
约翰
John!
约翰爵士
Sir John,
威尼斯的那个女人对你说什么了
what did that woman in Venice say to you?
您要如何阻止媒体知道修女罢♥工♥这件事
四个位置绝佳的摄像头
一个隐秘的定格相机 还有尾随她们的人
都得出了有趣的结论
朱迪思修女和安吉拉修女在上♥床♥
还有性癖
玛拉妮修女有盗窃癖
瓦拉莉亚修女 哈莎那提修女 佩内洛普修女
骚扰 性侵年轻的伊万卡修女
年轻的卡特琳娜修女在园丁的小棚子里
和一个男孩接吻
女修道院院长担心自己一侧乳♥房♥♥下长的东西
她晚上睡不着觉
莉塞特修女是带头抗♥议♥的
通过社交网络动员外面的修女
目前就这些情况
你的沉默告诉我许多
非常多
你们好啊 修女们 你们想见我
Good day, sisters. You wanted to see me?
准确说 我们是五小时之前想见你
Actually, we wanted to see you five hours ago.
抱歉让你们久等了
Forgive me for having kept you waiting.
这是罢♥工♥的后果
The consequences of the strike.
一切都变得更慢了 找我有何贵干
Everything is moving more slowly now. So, what can I do for you?
-开始修wifi -要是我有那个能力就好了
- To start: fix the wi-fi. - If only I could!
但服务器坏了 它时不时就坏
But the server is down, that happens occasionally,
通常是由一名修女来修
and a nun usually repairs it,
但那位修女现在在罢♥工♥
but that nun is currently on strike.
你是说 我们想要有网
Are you saying we have to suspend our strike
就得暂停罢♥工♥吗
if we want internet?
貌似是的
It would seem that I am.
就不能从外面请人来修吗
Why don't you call in an outside technician?
因为梵蒂冈不喜欢浪费
Because here in the Vatican, we don't like waste,
因为我们没有wifi也能过得好好的
and because we can all live just fine without wi-fi.
世界上最古老的机构就是我们 莉塞特修女
We are the oldest institution in the world, Sister Lisette,
才不是什么苹果学院
not the Apple campus.
院长嬷嬷 你好像累了 我也累了
Reverend Mother, you seem tired. So am I.
我睡得不好 你呢
I'm not sleeping well. Are you?
试试这个 洋甘菊 我发现挺有用的
Try this. Chamomile. It helps, I've found.
倘若我们暂停罢♥工♥ 你会给我们什么
If we suspend our strike, what will you give us in exchange?
Wifi
Wi-fi.
那我们的诉求呢
And our other demands, what about them?
我会过问圣父
I will bring them to the Holy Father's attention.
交到我这里的所有请求 我都会过问他
As I do with every request that comes across my desk.
别高估我的权力 莉塞特修女
Do not overestimate my power, Sister Lisette.
我就是个小文吏而已
I am merely a paper pusher.
我们想面见圣父
We would like to meet with the Holy Father ourselves.
-详说我们的立场 -神圣而不可侵犯的权利
- To explain our position. - A sacrosanct right.
你们仅需提交见他的正式请求即可
You merely need to file an official request to see him.
-提交给谁 -我
- Filed with whom? - With me.
别碰
是给上帝的
我很困惑 这次会面目的究竟是什么
I am confused. What exactly is the purpose of this meeting,
你们说这次会面紧急而且是高度机密
which you have defined as both urgent and highly confidential?
我们要废除《千分之八法》
We are repealing the "Eight per thousand" Law.
意大利人♥民♥交的那笔供养神职人员的税
The tax the Italian people pay to maintain the clergy.
这是在向教会宣战
This is a declaration of war on the Church.
不 这是拯救意大利人♥民♥必须迈出的一步
No, it is a necessary step toward saving the Italian people.
怎么说
How?
一 我们的财政状况惨不忍♥睹
One, our finances are in incredible disarray.
欧盟不肯给任何救济
The EU won't grant us any relief.
这好解决 我去和欧盟谈
A surmountable problem. I will talk with the EU.
二 我们承诺给大家简单透明才当选
Two, we were elected on the basis of a clear and simple platform:
废除特权
to do away with privilege.
我们也确实一直在这样做
Which is exactly what we have done.
我们把教会放到最末一个
We put the Church at the bottom of the list,
但现在轮到你们了
but now your time is up.
这样啊 所以问题不在于我困惑 在于你们坚信
I see. So, the issue is not my confusion but your conviction.
-我就当您是在夸奖我们 -是威胁
- I take that as a compliment. - Take it as a threat.
你们的坚信传达出一种明显的缺乏尊重
Your conviction conveys a distinct lack of respect
不尊重我们梵蒂冈唯一重要的东西
for the only thing that matters to us here in the Vatican.
-是什么 -奥义
- And what is that? - Mystery.
要是他们废除成功 那我们就完了
If they go through it, it will be the end of us.
教会就没钱了
The Church will be poor.
你建议我们怎么做 圣父
What do you advise we do, Holy Father?
什么都不做 就如纽曼红衣主教所说
Nothing. As the great Cardinal Newman used to say:
"基♥督♥徒的美德充满诗意
"Christian virtues are poetic.
温柔 恩典 同情 喜悦和谦虚
Gentleness and grace, compassion, joy, and modesty,
而常见的粗砺情感是修辞手段
whereas common, coarse sentiments are rhetorical tools.
怒气 愤慨 模仿 好斗
Anger and indignation, emulation, a combative spirit,
对独♥立♥的爱"
the love of independence."
我们要高飞
We must fly high.
不放弃诗意
We should hold on to the poetry,
把修辞手段留给别人
and leave the rhetoric to others.
圣父 恕我直言
Holy Father, with all due respect,
恐怕纽曼还不够
I am afraid that Newman may not be enough.
真可惜 大人 真可惜
What a shame, Eminence. What a shame!
世界再次确认 诗对世界无用
The world once again confirms it has no use for poetry.
但我不是世界
But I am not the world.
那不是我
That is not me.
你回来了
You are back.
是啊 埃斯特 我回来了
Yes, Ester, I came back.
考验你的正直
To test your righteousness.
虚张声势 为竞选造势而已
你吓得倒圣人教宗 却唬不住我
如果你废除《千分之八法》
你的金库里就多了微不足道的几十亿欧而已
你拿着那笔钱能干什么 什么都干不了
而换来的是天主教♥徒♥的背离 你究竟想干什么
我应该害怕吗
我都经历多少次了
我给枢机看文件夹 里面写着 枢机的私生活
他就会乱了阵脚 对我言听计从
有时 文件夹里什么都没有
或者我放上五十份那不勒斯队的比赛日程
-你说 -从此杜绝秘密交易
政♥治♥变了
只有你没发现
你总是提出过时的
不诚实的提议
-你是在说我老吗 -我想都不敢想
我就是想说
你跟不上了
我就应该待在家里 在我自己家里优哉游哉
I should have stayed home, to loll about my own house,
而不是在别人家里悠哉
rather having to loll about in someone else's.
这就是您的家 我会为您把它变得更舒适
This is your house. And I will make it more comfortable for you.
我可以说服经济部长
Listen, I can convince the Minister of the Economy
推迟审议
to delay the measure.
推迟到政♥府♥垮台
Delay it until the government falls,
但到时候我们就安全了
but which point we will be safe.
圣父 《千分之八法》
Holy Father, the Eight per Thousand
不是圭恰迪尼所需资金的唯一来源
is not the only source of the money Guicciardini needs.
-其他来源也可以 -什么来源
- It can be found elsewhere. - Where?
剧集 | 新教宗 | 导航列表