Susan died while I was away.
苏珊死了 当我不在的时
Of typhoid.
因为伤寒
That doesn't matter.
那不重要
Close the house.
关闭房♥子
Scene three!
第3幕!
Morning Jacob...
早安 雅各...
Oh morning, sir!
早安 先生!
I have noticed since you have returned you carry
我注意到自从你回来你就带着
with you such a quiet dignity.
有你这样安静的尊严
Grief makes solemn poets of us all.
悲伤使我们所有人成为庄严的诗人
Sir, would you like to while away an hour at the chess
先生 您想在西洋棋上消磨1小时
board like we used to?
像我们从前一样吗?
Thank you, young Jacob, that may ease my pain.
谢谢你 年轻的雅各布 这可能会减轻我的痛苦
There is nothing more calming than an hour spent in the company
没有什麽更能让人平静的跟同伴度过1小时
of these fine bishops and knights.
这些优秀的主教和骑士
I have missed our games in your absence.
我想念我们的比赛 当你不在时
Good move, Jacob.
下的好 雅各布
Ah, chess is a game when you must never rush your turn.
啊 西洋棋是种你绝不能急于轮到你比赛
I shall ponder my repost at length while listening
我会在听的时候仔细思考我的转贴
to the birds in the orchard.
给果园裡的鸟儿
Done.
完成
You always did think strategically, always five moves ahead.
你总是从战略上思考 总是提前5步
Yet strategy comes naturally to you, Jacob, does it not?
然而战略对你来说是自然而然的 雅各布 不是吗?
Well, one must take whatever advantage is presented.
好吧 人们必须利用所呈现的任何优势
You have certainly taken advantage, have you not?
你肯定利用佔了便宜 不是吗?
Bishop takes pawn.
主教拿兵
What are you getting at sir?
你想要说什麽 先生?
Susan wrote to me of you.
苏珊写信给我说起你
Bishop takes knight.
主教拿骑士
Well, the truth is she fell ill while you were away at the front.
好吧 事实是当你不在前线时她病了
I gave her comfort in your absence as any man would.
我给她慰藉像其他男人能给的 当你不在的时候
And, yes, we grew close, check.
而且 是的 我们越来越亲近 将军
Block.
阻挡
And dare I say we fell in love, but who are you to pass judgment.
我敢说我们坠入爱河 但你是谁来评断
You never loved her as I could, Roger.
你从来没有像我一样爱她 罗杰
Checkmate.
将军
The days grow longer.
日子越来越长
It's as if the world has ground to a halt.
彷彿世界静止了一般
Well, it must make the days more exciting to have a man love you so?
嗯 有这麽爱你的男人一定会让日子更精彩吗?
Love me?
爱我?
Oh, yes, I've seen the long lingering looks
哦 是的 我看到了长久持续的眼神
Master Jacob gives you.
雅各布少爷看着你
Mrs Wimblegate would not approve.
温布尔盖特夫人不会同意的
One cannot live one's life scared of what others may think.
一个人不能过着害怕别人可能会怎麽想的生活
Come, play us something soothing and gentle for these
来吧 为我们演奏一些舒缓和温柔的东西
endless afternoons.
在无尽的下午
Thank you!
谢谢!
I made you this.
我给你做了这个
Do you feel that chill in the wind, ma'am?
你感受到风中的寒意了吗 夫人?
Oh, yes.
哦 是的
Summer is drifting away.
夏天渐渐远去
Soon it will be Autumn.
很快就到了秋天
Oh!
哦!
It's time for the harvest celebration.
是时候庆祝丰收了
Mrs Wimblegate, please bring me another blanket.
温布尔盖特夫人 请给我再拿一条毯子
When will my nephew return from the war?
我的侄子什麽时候 从战争中回来?
I'm back, Uncle, do you not remember?
我回来了 叔叔 你不记得了吗?
Oh, yes, of course.
哦 是的 当然
Silly me.
我真笨
He is growing weak.
他越来越虚弱
Eat your supper.
吃你的晚餐
And plenty of water.
和大量的水
The doctor says he won't survive the night.
医生说他活不过那个晚上
He lives another day!
他又活了一天!
I say you are fit and strong, Uncle, never mind what the doctor says.
我说你很健壮 叔叔 不管医生怎麽说
Listen to ten of his breaths and tell me if you hear a single falter.
听他的10次呼吸 告诉我你是否听到了一次步履蹒跚
A man of sound body and mind.
一个身心健全的人
Coughs!
咳嗽!
Ugh!
啊!
Fetch the Doctor.
找医生来
There's no time, get out.
没时间了 出去
Please, bring Monty to me.
请把蒙蒂带给我
I want one more time to feel his tiny little...
我还想再感受一次他小小的...
What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
Pause.
暂停
No, brother, don't leave me.
不 弟弟 不要离开我
Please, Margaret, read me a Psalm.
玛格丽特 请给我读一首诗篇
Of course.
当然
Psalm 23:2 诗篇 23:2
The Lord I shall not want.
主是我(的牧者 我)一无缺乏
He maketh me to lie down in green he leadeth me
他让我躺卧在青草地上
beside the still waters.
领我到安静的水边
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
他照着应许导我走正路
for his name's sake.
为自己的名
Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
纵使走过阴森山谷
for thou art thy rod and thy
用杖领我
staff they comfort me.
用棍护我
Thou preparest a table before me
在敌人面前 你为我摆设盛筵
surely goodness and mercy shall
必有恩惠慈爱
I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
我要永远住在你殿宇中
Amen.
阿们
Amen!
阿们!
Ugh...
啊...
Good.
好啊
He's dead.
他死了
Winter.
冬天
Manure boy...
粪肥男孩...
Argh!
啊!
Manure boy...
粪肥男孩...
Morning.
早安
Over these months since my Uncle died you have seemed somewhat quiet.
在我叔叔去世后的这几个月裡 你似乎有些安静
Well, my bowel has decayed.
嗯 我的肠子已经腐烂了
Of course it has.
当然有
And I had come to care so deeply for your Uncle.
而且我已经非常关心你叔叔了
Manure boy, you look so thin, so pale, so ghoulish.
粪肥男孩 你看起来好瘦 好苍白 像食尸鬼
Not goulash!
不是炖牛肉!
Manure boy, you are so disgusting - I never asked your name.
粪肥男孩 你很噁心了 - 我从未问过你的名字
What is it?
叫什麽?
Gavroche.
加夫洛许
(悲惨世界的流浪儿童)
Galosh?
橡胶套鞋?
Go away!
走开!
I feel closer to you now, perhaps we might share our grief together?
我现在感觉离你更近了 也许我们可以一起分担悲伤?
Right, now there's this whole long scene where we discuss our
是的 现在有一整个长长的场景 我们在那裡讨论我们的
predicaments and after many years of feeling animosity, we realise
困境和多年的敌意后 我们意识到
that actually we're very similar.
其实我们很相似
Then, Gavroche dies of typhoid and that's the end of that.
然后 加夫洛许死于伤寒 这部分结束
Scene five!
第5幕!
Roger, have you seen the...
罗杰 你看过...
No time.
没时间了
Margaret and I realise we're reading the same book and we meet for dinner
玛格丽特和我意识到我们在读同一本书 我们一起吃晚饭
by the lake in secret.
秘密地在湖边
That happens, dinner finishes.
就那样 晚餐结束了
There's a love scene which we pre-recorded - play that!
有爱情场景 我们预先录製 - 播放它!
Right, good.
对啊 很好
Oh, my soul is wracked with shame.
哦 我的灵魂被耻辱所折磨
This baby will have no future.
这个孩子没有未来
Because she's a peasant.
因为她是粗人
Baby.
孩子
Baby!
孩子!
Oh, look, it's beautiful.
哦 看 他很漂亮