剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
上面放一些格莱莫拉塔酱
with some gremolata on top.
我要做一道意大利风味的焗豆
I'm gonna do some Italian-inspired baked beans.
我想让评委们看到更多意大利传统
I just wanna show the judges my Italian roots more.
我今天要做全西西里宴
I'm going full Sicilian today.
我有六个小时的时间 用自♥制♥的烟熏炉做手撕肉
I have six hours in a do-it-yourself smoker to make pulled meat.
我在家做可能要花上十个小时
At home, it could take me up to ten hours.
做手撕肉的时候我喜欢慢慢来
I like to go low and slow when I'm shreddin' meat.
这太离谱了 我在用文件柜 各位
This is nuts. I'm in a file cabinet, guys.
我唯一担心的是厚肩肉
The one thing I am concerned about is the chuck roast.
对
Yeah.
那不是脂肪含量最高的肉
Those aren't always the fattiest cut of meat
也不适合长时间熏烤
and don't lend themselves to long smokin' processes.
但也许她会猛火快烤 我说不好
But maybe she's gonna cook it hot and fast, I don't know.
所以我不会说她选错了肉
I'm not gonna say Michelle got a bad cut of meat
因为我还不知道她要怎么做 但我想知道她的计划是什么
'cause I don't know what she's doin' yet, but I wanna find out what her plan is.
我的火烧得有点太热了
My fire is kind of burnin' a little too hot.
我现在制♥作♥的是散热器
So what I'm creatin' now is called a heat sink.
散热器会把食物上的热量
The heat sink is somethin' to take the heat
带走 从而让火降温
off of the food and get the fire to calm down.
所以我会加入水
So I'm gonna add water,
水会把烟熏炉里的热量带走
and the water's gonna take some heat out
并增加湿度
of my smoker and add humidity.
塞罗选了冰柜
Thyron chose the freezer
看起来很靠谱
and it looks pretty solid,
但那个不是双层隔热烟熏炉
but these are not double-wall insulated smokers.
我们说过了 每一种设备都有其细微的差别
We said that each one of these rigs have its own nuances.
这些并非标准的烤炉
These are not standard pits at all.
无论你要用它们做什么
No matter what you cookin' on,
要做出品质稳定的烤肉 或美味烤肉的唯一办法
the only way you're gonna cook a consistent or a good piece of meat
是知道如何调节温度
is if you learn how to regulate your temperature.
但这需要发挥烧烤大♥师♥的本能
But your natural pit master's instincts come in,
所以他们会如何发挥 这些自♥制♥烟熏炉的作用呢?
so how are they gonna come in with these DIY smokers?
我们的要求很高 但我觉得他们能成功
We're asking a lot, but I think they can pull it off.
我目前的策略是 确保有足够的木柴、足够的热量
My strategy right now is to make sure I have plenty of wood, plenty of heat,
因为我不知道这个自♥制♥的烟熏炉
'cause I don't know how this DIY smoker
今天会如何发挥作用
is going to function today.
我处在一个完全陌生的领域
I am totally in unfamiliar territory.
我不想花时间 尝试改造或修理任何东西
I don't wanna take time to try to alter or fix anything.
而且桶式烤炉和烟熏炉还在生产
And they still make barrel grills and smokers.
我就想“也许铁桶 对我来说是最好的选择”
I'm like, "Well, maybe the barrel might be the best choice for me."
你觉得哪个会烹饪得最好?
Which one do you think cooks the best?
冰柜还是黛利拉的铁桶?
The freezer or the barrel that Delilah has?
那个大桶的工作原理是 它会形成自然对流
The way that the drum works is it creates a natural convection.
其圆形的形状会形成旋涡
It's the circular shape which creates a vortex.
那样势必会更快地传递热量
It naturally moves heat so much faster.
那种大桶 不管是用
Those drums, no matter if it's made
生锈的旧铁桶做的 还是商业化生产的
out of an old, rusty barrel or whether it's commercially made,
它都能烤得更快 且更好
they cook hotter, they cook faster.
肉进去了
And in she goes.
我现在要做一个探针温度计
So right now, I am making a probe thermometer.
我在肉里放了一个 在肉周围放了一个
So I have one in my meat and one that I'm gonna let chill around my meat.
因为我想知道烤炉内的
'Cause I just wanna know what the ambient temperature is
环境温度
in my cooker.
尝试达到约121到135摄氏度 约149摄氏度也行
Tryin' to look at like, 250, 275. Even like, 300 isn't bad.
我想确保跟上进度
I just wanna make sure I keep it on track.
我不知道怎么用烘干机烹饪 烘干机是烘干衣服的
I don't know how to cook out of a dryer, Dryers dry clothes.
但里面有一个放木炭的格栅
But there is a grate for coals,
一个烤盘和一个放食物的格栅
a plate, and a grate for food.
我不太了解这些自♥制♥烤炉
I don't know a lot about these DIY cookers,
但工作原理可行
but the mechanics make sense.
所以就这样吧
So that's what we're goin' with.
我不如大T经验丰富 所以像我这样的人需要做更多工作
I'm not as veteran as T, so it takes a bit more work for someone like me
才能完成这项工作
to get that stuff done.
有时候木炭会烧得一塌糊涂
Sometimes you got the coals they gotta mix up a little bit.
是进入太多空气了 进入太多空气会怎么样?
It was gettin' too much air. So what happens when you get too much air?
氧气会使火烧得更旺
Oxygen makes the fire burn a little hotter.
我让火在我想要的温度下燃烧 我能触摸并感觉出来
So I've got it burnin' at the temperature I want. I could touch and feel.
现在约为135到138摄氏度 比平时的烹饪温度稍高
I'm 275, 280, so I'm cookin' a little hotter than normal.
乡下人能分辨出来何时够热
See, country could tell when it's hot, you know,
因为如果是这样就正好 但如果是这样...就太热了
'cause right here, that's perfect. But if I go... That's too hot.
塞罗用上了锡纸
So Thyron's got tinfoil over there workin'.
他在试着找到 正确的气流和温度控制方法
He's tryin' to find his correct airflow and his correct temperature control.
在这里熏烤正好
It's a good smoke on here.
他很快就掌握了那个烤炉
He's learnin' that pit real quick
因为他知道他得获得稳定的温度
'cause he know he needs to get a consistent temperature goin'
才能完成他想做的事情 他的那些牛尾是最难烹饪的
to pull off what he's tryin' to do. He has the toughest cook on those oxtails.
我觉得那些牛尾六小时内 达不到能手撕的程度
I just don't think they're gonna get enough to pull in six hours
除非他有应对的计划
unless he has a plan with 'em.
一旦热量上来 肉质就会收紧
Soon as that heat hits, it tightens up.
(剩余时间)
慢点
Slow, slow, slow, slow.
你开始使用你的设备了吗?
You start usin' your appliance yet?
没有 但我的菜不会花太多时间
Uh-uh, but my dish doesn't take much time.
我去南非的德班旅游过
I traveled to Durban, South Africa,
我还吃过印度美食 从此便爱上了它 所以...
and I had Indian food and I fell in love with it. So...
所以这就是我这道菜的灵感
That is the inspiration for my dish.
我要做手撕羊腿
I have a pulled leg of lamb
配大蒜柠檬酱和古斯古斯
with a garlic-lemon sauce, couscous on the side.
然后还要做焗豆
Then I'm gonna do my beans.
应该会很好吃 我得把这个羊腿切开
It should be good. I'm gonna have to break this lamb down because
因为我那个小铁桶
that little barrel situation that I have out there,
放不下这种整块的
this will never fit in there.
你好吗 罗根?进展如何 伙计?
What's up, Logan? How's it goin', sir?
-在进行中 -你今天的菜品是什么?
It's, uh, it's a-goin'. - What's on the menu today?
我要做羊小腿 我要做咖喱羊小腿
I am doing lamb shanks I'm gonna do a lamb shank curry
手工馕饼和焗豆鹰嘴豆泥
with homemade naan, baked-bean hummus.
然后再做一道火烤欧洲萝卜玉米糊
And then I'm gonna do fire-roasted parsnip grits.
我是来赢 并证明
You know, I'm here to win and prove
任何一种食物都可以做烧烤的
any type of food can be barbecue.
-罗根? -在 女士
Logan? - Yes, ma'am?
你想用什么温度烹饪你选的肉?
What temperature are you tryin' to cook your protein at?
现在吗?问得好
Um, right now? Good point.
(155摄氏度)
135摄氏度 但有这个烘干机挺好的
At 275. But that's the nice thing about havin' the dryer though,
因为我一打这个门 温度就会下降8到11摄氏度
is 'cause the moment I open up that door, it'll drop 15, 20 degrees.
好吧 我只是提醒一下
All right. Just as a reminder.
-好的 -我们要的是完美的手撕肉
Yes, ma'am. - We're looking for perfectly pulled meat.
好的 女士
Yes, ma'am.
-好了 祝你好运 -谢谢你们 评委们
All right. Good luck. - Thank you, judges.
那个烟熏炉够他吃一壶的
He's screwed with that smoker.
-他得盯住那个东西 -没错 一刻不能放松
He's gonna have to babysit that thing. - I know, yeah. All day.
这与我们之前说的相反
It goes against what we said earlier.
要分解胶原蛋白和脂肪 必须维持稳定的温度
To break those collagens and fat down, it has to be a consistent temperature.
-情况不妙 -是的
This is not good. - No.
菠萝?
Pineapple?
-你要用那个菠萝做什么? -凉拌卷心菜
What you gonna do with that pineapple? - Coleslaw.
-你没吃过加菠萝的凉拌卷心菜吗? -没有 我算是白活了 亲爱的
You never had pineapple in coleslaw? - No. I just haven't lived, honey.
-你有想过烤水果吗? -是哦
Have you thought of grilling fruit ever? - Yeah.
-听起来很不错 -我说说而已
That sounds amazing. - Just saying.
我没说 你不是听我说的
I didn't say it. You didn't hear it from me.
(剩余时间)
来这里的感觉非常好
It feels, like, beyond amazing to be here.
我知道自己有资格来这里 但有时候
I know I deserve to be here, but sometimes I just don't realize,
我意识不到 可能是因为我总是怀疑自己
because I'm always second-guessing myself maybe,
但我从来都没垫过底
but I haven't been in the bottom yet,
所以这也让我得以从容地应对
so that keeps me thrivin' as well.
我是在咒自己吗?
Did I just jinx myself?
我得给肉抹上酱 以确保其保持湿润
So I got to mop this meat to make sure that it stays moist.
我的天啊 瞧瞧这个颜色
Oh my goodness, look at this color.
大T 我可以看一眼吗?
T, can I take a peek?
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表