剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
因为你能营造出自然的蒸汽效果
because you are creating a natural-steaming effect.
当你蒸的时候 口感会变得很糟
And you get a very off-putting texture when you steam.
遗憾的是 猪不是那种 你可以走过去推一推
Unfortunately, a hog is not something you can go up and punch or push or look at
或者看着它说 “哦 不错 烤得很好”的肉类
and say, "Oh yeah, this is cookin' nicely."
直到最后你都无法知道情况
You don't know till you know.
猪的表皮在遮盖中变软了
My skin got a little soft in my tent,
所以我知道必须让表皮变得更脆
and so I just know I need to re-crisp that skin.
我很高兴罗根
I do like the fact that Logan
能花这额外的几分钟时间 让猪的表皮变脆
has taken these extra few minutes to crisp his skin up.
(剩余时间)
他烤的猪皮从头至脚
The skin on his hog is very consistent,
都很一致
from the hams to the head.
漂亮的红褐色
A beautiful mahogany color.
-该开始把东西拿出来了 -我正在拿
Start bringin' things out. - I'm bringin'.
还有五分钟 各位
Five minutes, guys.
(剩余时间)
-玉米面包呢? -我现在就去拿你的玉米面包
Cornbread yet? I'm gettin' your cornbread right now.
-要从这里把神猪完全分离下来吗? -是的
Wait, so fully disconnect Shen from here? - Yeah.
-这个太紧了 -小心你的脸
This one's tight. - Watch your face.
我的猪看着很漂亮 但我知道肩部并未完全烤熟
My hog looks gorgeous, but I know my shoulder isn't cooked all the way through.
我知道的
We'll find out.
十 九
Ten, nine,
八 七...
eight, seven,
-六 五... -我的天啊
six, five... - My goodness.
-快到终点了 -四 三 二...
Comin' down the stretch now. - ...four, three, two, one.
一 时间到 把肉呈上吧!
Time's up. - Show me the meat! - Hoo!
各位 你们做到了! 最终决战结束了!
You guys, you did it! Your final challenge is over!
爱你 罗根兄弟
Love you, brother Logan.
这太疯狂了 压力与推力都太大了
This is insane, the amount of stress and the pressure and just the push.
我在那头猪身上 付出了全部心血与技艺
I threw every nit and grit and piece of me into that hog today.
没有比赢得这场堆对决更重要的事了
There's nothing more important than winning this competition.
罗根 塞罗 你们最终还是做到了
Logan, Thyron, you guys finally made it.
但在你们扬眉吐气之前 我们得先尝尝你们的菜品
But before you can exhale, we have to taste your food.
-是 女士 -是 女士
Yes, ma'am. Yes, ma'am.
塞罗 你先来
Thyron, you're up first.
给我们介绍下你的全猪宴
Tell us about your whole hog feast.
这就是南方的味道 我的家乡
So, this is a taste of the South, where I'm from.
我们带来的是 抹了我爷爷拖把酱的烤全猪
What we have is a whole hog that was mopped by my old granddaddy mop sauce
加上烤棉花糖红薯 南方风味羽衣甘蓝
with some candied yams, down-home collard greens,
黑眼豆米饭 切达玉米松糕 还有面包布丁
black-eyed peas and rice, cheddar-cornbread muffin, and bread pudding.
你能帮我把这个拿走吗 凯文?
Could you take this from me, Kevin?
这里是里脊
The loin's right here.
我们在老家时就是这么吃的
This is how we eat when I go back home.
我的兄弟们 我们在后院一起烹饪 一起玩黑桃王
My brothers, we're all out in the backyard cookin' and playin' spades.
妈妈在厨房♥做配菜
Mama in the kitchen,
我们则一边烧烤一边吹牛
kickin' up the sides, and we grillin' and tellin' big fish stories.
-塞罗 你现在切的是那个部位? -是肩肉
So what piece do you have now? - This is the shoulder.
-好的 -这是表皮
Okay. - So that's skin.
希望能好一点
Wish it was better.
希望你们能看到...感受到味道 烟熏味
Hopefully you can see the... Feel the flavor. The smoke.
我本希望一切能进展得更好
I know the things that I wish it would've went better,
但我相信我现在给你们呈现的
but I believe I put in front of you
已经是我能呈现出最好的烤猪了
the best hog I could put in front of you at this time.
肉本身看着就很漂亮
The appearance of the meat is beautiful itself.
是 女士
Yes, ma'am.
猪的外观
The appearance of the hog outside,
那些黑点让我有些困扰
I'm havin' a little difficulty with the really dark spots
火焰和猪身亲密接触有些过头了
where the flame kissed the hog too much.
-是的 女士 -并在猪身上刻下了焦痕
Yes, ma'am. - And it gave it some hickeys.
是的 女士
Yes, ma'am.
肩肉还是很紧
The shoulder is still tight.
那些肉纹并未松弛下来
Those meat striations didn't relax
这使得脂肪无法被耗出来
to allow those fats to render
并让味道成分进入肩肉
and allow that flavor component to get into the shoulder.
而臀腿
The ham,
表皮的味道不错
I got good flavor on the bark,
但我这块臀腿肉的软嫩度 还是有些问题
but we still have some tenderness issues on my ham.
是 女士
Yes, ma'am.
但我真的很喜欢那拖把酱的味道
But I absolutely love the flavors of that mop.
这让我想起老派烧烤
And it reminds me of old-school barbecue,
我尊重这种烧烤
and I respect this barbecue,
这话对我来说可不容易说出口
and that's not an easy thing for me to say.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得面包布丁的口感很滋润
I think the texture of the bread pudding is really moist,
但同时也很紧实
but it's dense all at the same time.
-我要坐在这里吃个一干二净 -谢谢
I'mma sit here and eat it all. - Thank you.
-谢谢你 塞罗 -非常感谢您 梅利莎小姐
Thank you, Thyron. - Thank you so much, Miss Melissa.
-你好吗 大T? -你好吗 凯文兄?
What's up, Big T? - How you doin', brother Kevin?
表皮的酥脆性 我还是得敲打你一下
Your skin crispiness, I gotta ding you on that because,
虽然表皮还算酥脆 味道也还到位 但
as it's still crisp and it still has okay flavor, this--
-我确定这不该是你做出来的样子 -是
I'm sure this is not appearance you-- - No.
-这不是大T应有的水准 -是 确实不是
This ain't Big T's. - No. Not at all.
里脊肉的话 倒是软嫩多汁
Now my loin, it's moist. It's tender.
这是我圣诞节晚上起床 能拿来做三明治的肉
This is what I get up on Christmas night and make me a sandwich with.
这是你准备的周日盛宴 兄弟
This is a Sunday feast that you put together, bro.
-你干得不错 -谢谢
And you did a good job. - Thank you.
-罗根 到你了 -是 女士
Logan, you're up next. - Yes, ma'am.
我带来的是肯塔基风味烤全猪
I made a Kentucky whole hog
南方风味肯塔基玉米粉 路易斯维尔风味蔬菜煲
with Southern-style Kentucky grits, Louisville-style greens,
百里香迷迭香烤饼干
thyme and roasted rosemary biscuits,
一种番茄烤肉酱 还有著名的加州24k金烧烤酱
a ketchup-based sauce, and then our famous California 24-karat-gold sauce,
然后是我妻子的特制 安娜芭娜娜香蕉布丁
and then my wife's Anna Banana's 'nanner pudding.
现在我先取出里脊肉
So right now I'm gonna pull the loin.
-你对烤猪了解多少? -不太了解
How familiar are you with a hog? - Not very much.
我们一直想在店里做烤猪
We've been wanting to do it at our shop,
所以这算是一个很好的开始
and so this is a good starting point.
现在我要取出腿肉
And now I'm pullin' the... the ham.
我此生还只做过一次烤猪 而且当是我只是帮厨
I've done one hog in my life, and I was just supporting someone else.
所以说烤一整只猪极具挑战性
So doin' a whole hog, it is a challenge.
但你们知道吗?我已经尽力了
But you know what? I put my best effort forward.
-罗根 -是
Logan. - Yes, sir.
你的烤猪色泽堪称完美
That is some almost-perfect color that you have on that skin.
表皮极其酥脆
Perfect crisp.
听听这脆响 嚼起来也嘎吱作响
I mean, "Snap," and the flavor of it.
你听到嘎吱嘎吱的声音了吗? 你做得太棒了 我光吃皮都够了
You hear me crunchin'? You nailed it, man. I can just eat this.
-谢谢 -真的
Thank you. - For real.
至于多汁度
As far as the moistness of your loin,
里脊肉的汁水饱满 可以很轻易就将肉撕开
it is juicy. It pulls apart easy.
至于肩肉 如你所见 并未烤熟
Your shoulder, as you can see, is undercooked.
问题很大
I mean, big time.
你能看到 这部分基本熟了
You know, you can see, like, this part is pretty much close.
然后你再看看这部分
And then you see this part.
你测温时都测了哪里? 每个部位都测到了吗?
When you was tempin', where was it tempin'? Was it all over the place?
是的
Yeah.
对我来说 你肉的熟度有些问题
You know, you had some doneness issues for me,
但肉里还是保留了不少汁水
but you kept some moistness in there.
谢谢
Thank you.
你说你是洛杉矶男孩 你不是南方人 却来自南加州
You say you an LA boy, you ain't from the South, but you from Southern California.
你确实有南方气质 因为玉米粉做得很好
You got South in you 'cause you nailed them grits, boy.
这比华夫屋的玉米粉做得还好
Them grits is better than grits at the Waffle House.
我在蔬菜里品尝到了你的味道
And I taste you in these greens.
品尝到了你的亚洲背景
I taste your Asian background,
还品尝到了你对南方的尊重
and I taste the respect that you have for the South.
你身上发生了不少事情 但菜里的一切都恰到好处 兄弟
You got a lot happenin', but everything is balancin' just right in here, man.
-不要再自我怀疑了 -谢谢
Stop doubtin' yourself and who you are. - Thank you.
-罗根 -是 女士
Logan. - Yes, ma'am.
对我来说里脊肉恰到好处 味美多汁 软嫩爽滑
The loin for me was... was spot-on. It was nice and moist. It was tender.
臀腿肉也很软嫩 味道也很足
My ham piece was tender. It had good flavor.
但我觉得稍微有一点干
But for me, it was just a little bit dry.
这些迷迭香饼干清淡且蓬松
These rosemary biscuits are so light and fluffy.
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表