剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
凯文昨天直截了当地告诉我 “振作起来 大T”
Kevin told me straight up yesterday, "Get your stuff together, T."
我想给那个来自加利福尼亚的人看看
I wanna show the man from California
这位爱荷华州的男孩 也会开始认真对待 好好烹饪了
that this Iowa boy can get down and cook too.
-今天不能吝啬味道 -这是我的第一次烧烤比赛
Not skimpin' on flavor today. This is my first barbecue competition.
我只是一个来自纽约长岛的 普通全职妈妈
I'm just a regular, stay-at-home mom from Long Island, New York
而且很懂烧烤 是的!
that does barbecue, yes!
但多任务是我的专长
But multitasking's my thing.
我要秒杀全场 就像在家的时候一样
I'm gonna kill it, like I do at home.
我的天啊
Oh my God.
能想象辣椒籽飞进我眼里吗? 我会晕过去的
Imagine a seed shot in my eye? I'd be out.
在我的成长过程中 我爸爸总是那个在烤架前的人
Growing up, my dad was always the one that was on the grill,
在我父亲去世后 我们仍然希望家里人能过来
and once my dad passed away, we still wanted to have family over.
现在谁会是在烤架前的人? 没有人站出来
Who's gonna be on the grill now? Nobody stepped up.
我说:“我来做”
So I was like, "I'll do it."
我觉得我注定要站到烤架前
And it just felt like I was meant to be on the grill.
他在这里会很骄傲的
Being here, like, he would be so proud.
这让我兴奋不已
And that just fuels me up.
-米歇尔? -嘿
Michelle? - Hey.
-你今天做什么? -有很多层次的味道
What are you makin' today? - A lot of layers of flavor.
我要做的是柑橘啤酒炖脆猪肉玉米饼
I'm going to make a citrus beer-braised pork tostada
还要放炸豆泥
with refried beans layered in there,
烤玉米莎莎酱 还有甜点
roasted-corn salsa, and then a dessert.
米布丁配朗姆葡萄干
Arroz con leche with rum raisins
还有烟熏辣椒酱
and a smoky chipotle hot sauce.
我的辣酱有烟熏辣椒酱
My hot sauce has some chipotle,
安祖辣椒还有红辣椒干
um, ancho, and guajillo,
我还要放一点可怕的哈瓦那辣椒
and I'm going to throw in those scary habaneros.
我从没用过哈瓦那
I've never used a habanero before.
但我觉得它会给菜合适的辣度
But I feel like it will give it just the right heat.
-你会试吃吗? -我会试吃一切
Are you tasting? I'm tasting everything.
我只是还没尝过那个辣椒 我吃不了特别辣的
I just haven't tasted that pepper yet. I don't go spicy hot.
我的辣度在中间
I'm just in the middle.
我喜欢很温和的辣椒
I like the mild, the mild peppers.
你觉得你能像艾迪一样 煮墨西哥菜吗?
You think you can cook Mexican as well as Eddie can?
我是西西里人 但我很喜欢墨西哥菜
I'm Sicilian, but I am obsessed with Mexican food.
这是埃德的专场 这是他一直在做的
This is Ed's wheelhouse. It's what he makes all the time.
你知道吗?他绝对是个强力的对手
You know? He's definitely one to beat.
我看到她把哈瓦那弄出来了
So I see her taking that habanero off.
她用叉子叉出来了
She has it on one prong of a fork
就像害怕它一样 把辣椒伸出来
stuck out like she's afraid of it.
-这样会让我也很害怕 -对啊
And I'm afraid of it too. - Yeah.
如果不处理好的话 就会有人吃到
And if you don't do it right, somebody's gonna get
一大块哈瓦那辣椒 这会辣到你的舌头
a chunk of that habanero, and it's gonna burn your tongue.
-只凭运气可不行 亲爱的 -完全不行
Prayin' is not a plan, honey. - Not at all.
米歇尔 你看到了吗? 我觉得要开始下雨了
Michelle, do you see that? I think it's startin' to rain.
真是越来越有趣了
Oh, that's extra fun.
这样会让比赛更容易一点 对吧?
That's gonna make this a little bit easier, right?
我们会又辣又湿
We're gonna be spicy and wet.
听起来不错
Sounds good.
还有三个小时45分钟 各位!
Three hours and 45 minutes left, everybody!
听到了
Heard.
一听就是餐厅工作的人“听到了”
That's a restaurant guy, "Heard."
我要用这只鸡做高汤的汤底
I'm gonna use this chicken for the base of my stock.
但是我要把鸡皮剥下来
But I'm trimmin' the skin off,
这样我就可以做炸鸡皮
so I can make some chicken chicharrones
给我剩下的鸡汤加些料
to accent the rest of my chicken broth.
我会烟熏鸡皮 然后剥开 得到最好的部分
I will smoke the skin, break it down, and get the best parts.
进行调味 然后放进烤箱
Then we'll season it and pop it in the oven.
你说要在烤箱烟熏吗?
You're smokin' it in the oven you said?
对 差不多吧
Oh yeah, somethin' like that.
我要做炸鸡皮
I'm making chicken chicharrones.
听上去很辣
It sounds spicy.
今天我要做的是烟熏蘸酱面 这是种日本蘸酱拉面
Today I'm making a smoked tsukemen, which is Japanese dipping ramen,
配烟熏牛脸颊肉
with smoked beef cheek,
脆鸡皮
crispy chicken skin,
泡菜凉拌卷心菜
a kimchi coleslaw,
还有自♥制♥辣椒酥
and a homemade chili crisp.
这道菜背后的灵感
The inspiration behind this dish
是向我作为日本和夏威夷人的 真正传统致敬
is paying homage to my true heritage of being Japanese and Hawaiian.
而且 我知道每个人都会做
And also, I know everyone is gonna be doing
用醋做基底的辣酱
a vinegar-based hot sauce.
所以我想跳出固定模式思考
So I really wanna step outside the box
做辣椒酥 这是一种东南部辣调味品
and make a chili crisp, which is a southeast spicy condiment,
但从技术上讲 这仍然是辣酱
but technically on paper, still a hot sauce.
我需要搞定这个肉汤
I really need to nail this broth
让它尝起来有烟熏的风味
and really make it taste smoky.
所以我有圣塔玛丽亚烤架的排骨
So, I got my ribs on the Santa Maria.
我有我的牛脸颊肉 我有牛尾 我还不知道我要用哪个
I got my beef cheeks. I got my oxtails. I don't know which one I'm gonna use yet.
我有压力锅 这是我做汤的地方
I got my pressure cooker. It's where I'll make my stock.
我们要开始积累口感层次 大葱 大蒜 生姜
We're just gonna start building flavors, scallion, garlic, ginger,
牛肉 鸡肉 猪肉
beef, chicken, pork,
哈瓦那 泰式辣椒 狮子唐辛子 把一切都磨碎
habanero, Thai chili, shishito. Friggin' everything.
我要朝第一名冲刺 听到了吗 埃德?
I'm goin' for that number one. Hear that, Ed?
-准备好了 宝贝 -听到了
Ready to go, baby. - Heard.
-那么 艾迪 -是的
So, Eddie. - Yes.
-你昨天表现得很好 -好的
You came out on top yesterday. - Yes.
你要怎么坚持下去 留住那个皇冠?
How you gonna hang in there and keep that crown?
从最后的挑战中获胜
Comin' off that win from that last challenge
我感到很兴奋 我有了目标
I feel excited like I have a target on my back.
所以我只是想让一切保持秩序 保持冷静 集中精神
So I'm just tryin' to keep everything in order. Stay calm, stay focused.
现在我在做墨西哥青辣椒泡菜
Right now, I'm makin' some jalapeño poppers.
我要做几个圣路易斯肋排
I'm makin' a couple of St. Louis racks of ribs.
我奶奶的辣豆酱
My abuelita's chile verde,
我的汁拉贵司
my chilaquiles,
我要在上面放上鳄梨奶油
and I'm gonna be toppin' that with an avocado crema.
肋排的话 我要把它们挂在坑桶上
For the ribs, I'm hanging them on the pit barrel.
进行熏制
Give them some smoke.
分开 把它们放进铸铁锅里 让它们最后结合在一起
Split those up. Put them in a cast iron and let it all come together at the end.
你做起来轻而易举 是因为你一直在做这道菜吗?
Did we make it easy 'cause you work with these all the time?
从小到大 我家里会在我们的菜里 加很多墨西哥青辣椒
My family grew up using habaneros in a lot of our dishes.
我今天用了七种不同的辣椒
Yeah, I'm using about seven different peppers today.
我喜欢辣椒 我希望我的口味能让我名列前茅
I love peppers. I'm hoping that my flavors pull me to the top
我可以保持我的头衔
and I can retain my title.
-还记得要冲击我的味蕾吗? -当然
Remember about blowin' my palate? - Absolutely.
-但我喜欢吃汁拉贵司 -好的
But I do love chilaquiles. - Oh yeah.
所以你是要坚持你的传统
So, you stickin' to your roots on this.
当然 我的祖父母会非常开心的
Absolutely. My grandparents would be through the roof,
我知道他们正看着我
and I know they're watching me right now
和两个传奇交谈
talkin' to two legends.
他们为我感到十分骄傲 我知道这是个事实
So they're very, very proud of me, and I know that for a fact.
我们也为你感到骄傲
We proud to you too, man.
-继续工作吧 -谢谢
Get back to work. - Thank you.
-我戴着我爷爷的皮带 -是吗?
I'm wearin' my grandfather's belt buckle. - Are you?
他真的拼尽全力了
He has it together.
我现在对他的烹饪唯一能挑剔的是
The only thing I can pick holes in with his cook right now
他做肉卷用的墨西哥青辣椒太大了
is those jalapeños he's making for poppers are so huge...
我很担心培根都熟了
I'm really worried about the bacon getting done.
墨西哥青辣椒的内部还是生的
And the inside of the jalapeño bein' raw.
黛利拉女士
Miss Delilah.
你好 女士?
Yes, ma'am?
进行得怎么样 女士?
What's goin' on, ma'am?
我正准备把这些羊排做好
I'm gettin' ready to pull these lamb ribs off of here.
-看起来很好吃 -你想尝一下吗?
Oh, those look tasty. - You wanna taste this?
我的天啊...各位! 圣诞节提前到了吗?
Oh my good... You guys! Is Christmas here early?
黛利拉女士
Miss Delilah.
好辣
It's hot.
-好吧 -可以吗?
Okay. - All right?
-可以的 女士 -你还好吧?
Yes, ma'am. - You good?
-我很好 -好的 你没事
I'm good. - Okay, you good.
你一定要吃酱汁 你一定要咬有酱汁的地方
Oh you gotta get the sauce, now. You gotta bite where the sauce is.
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表