我说了 我有重要证据
I told you I had some important evidence,
但如果你在伯明翰就算了
but if you're in Birmingham, forget it.
玛格丽特
Margaret.
你是叫玛格丽特 对吧
It is Margaret, isn't it?
我是彼得·劳伦斯的律师
I was Peter Laurence's lawyer.
我现在为什么会想给他定罪
Why on Earth do you think I'd now want to convict him?
我观察过了
I did a gut check.
你是法庭上看起来最聪明的人
You looked much the most intelligent person in the court.
这代表你当时也在法庭吗
Does that mean that you were in court?
我看见你了吗
Did I see you?
你是谁 你跟这事有什么关系
Who are you? What's your connection to this?
彼得·劳伦斯喜欢佯装自己不受约束
Peter Laurence likes to pretend he's unencumbered.
拥有光明亮丽的未来 没有什么能阻挡他
The bright, fresh future and nothing holding him back.
但他跟所有人一样 有过去
But he's got a past, just like everyone else,
他的过去非常血腥 比你我的都更残忍♥
and his past is a bloody sight more sinister than yours or mine.
去调查吧
Look into it.
好了 各位 快吃完
All right, everyone! Finish up!
-我们都没吃够半小时 -回牢房♥
- We haven't had a half-hour. - Bang up!
监狱政策 安德莉娅
Prison policy, Andrea.
发现毒品就封锁监狱
We find drugs, we lock down.
你们都回牢房♥去
You're moving back to your cell.
别这样
Come on.
安德莉娅 别 安德莉娅
Andrea. No, Andrea!
我们需要支援 找人帮忙
We need help! Get help!
需要支援...
Backup needed...
情况看起来不妙
This looks bad.
斯蒂芙 别掺和
Steff, be careful.
你的短期徒刑会被他们延长的
You've got a short sentence and they'll make it longer!
我为什么要在意这个
And that should bother me, why?
好了 直截了当 他们想要你
OK, straight away, they want you.
谢天谢地
Thank God.
有件事要告诉你
Just one thing, so you know.
新闻说谢普西尔发生了暴♥动♥
There's a news feed saying there are riots at Shephill.
-那跟我们有关吗 -完全没有
- Does that concern us? - Not at all.
我只是告诉你一声
I'm just telling you.
不过但愿有人受伤
Except let's hope there are injuries.
-出人命就更好了 -那可不
- Better still, fatalities. - Quite.
好了 安全
OK, all good.
进来
Come.
你看 就是这个 斯坦菲尔德产权公♥司♥
Look. Here it is. Stanfield Titles.
他是总经理
He was managing director.
斯坦菲尔德产权是什么
Oh, what's Stanfield Titles?
他干房♥地♥产♥时期的公♥司♥吗
From his property days?
你说过他会略去些经历 不写进《名人录》
You said he'd have left something out of Who's Who.
很好 你能查出更多料吗
Oh good, can you find out some more?
我在查 你准备好了吗
I'm on it. Ready for this?
做好一切准备了
Oh, locked and cocked.
部长
Minister.
茱莉娅
Julia.
-首相 -彼得 太好了
- Prime Minister. - Ah, good. Peter. Excellent.
-谢谢你这么快就赶来 -很高兴来这
- Thanks for coming in so quickly. - Happy to be here.
今天很混乱 但最后
Well, I've had a complicated day, but at the end of it all,
我收到好消息 正如所承诺的
I've got good news, as promised.
我很高兴
I am delighted.
我希望你接任司法部长一职
I'd like you to take over at the Ministry of Justice.
-司法部 -是的
- Justice? - Certainly.
我受够了不断地换来换去
I'm sick and tired of all that chopping and changing.
你知道那个部门在过去四年里
Do you know, there's been six ministers in that department
-换过六任部长吗 -是吗
- over the last four years? - Is that right?
司法部急需一个沉着 有能力
Justice badly needs someone steady, someone competent,
足智多谋的人
someone intellectually first-rate.
你把我归入这一类人我受宠若惊 首相
That's very kind of you to put me in that category, Prime Minister.
-从你嘴里说出来真是高度赞誉 -谢谢
- Coming from you, that is high praise. - Oh, thank you.
但你肯定已经有一位得力大将
But surely, you already have someone
担任该职位了 对吧
capable in that position, don't you?
我们几小时前失去他了
Well, we did until a few hours ago.
最近情况瞬息万变
Things have been moving at the speed of light.
你会做得更好
You'll do it better.
首相对你很有信心
The Prime Minister has great confidence in you.
-我能问个问题吗 -尽管问
- Can I ask a question? - Oh, ask anything you like.
这代表外♥交♥部♥长不变吗
Does this mean that the Foreign Secretary's not moving?
不 很遗憾 外♥交♥部♥长要离职
No, unfortunately, the Foreign Secretary is leaving government.
失去毕肖普很可惜 但事已至此
It's a shame to lose Bishop, but there we are.
如果你还记得我们之前的会面 就是昨天
If you'll remember, when we met, we met yesterday...
当然 茱莉娅当时也在
Oh, yes, Julia was with us.
你暗示我会升迁至国家要职
You indicated that my move would be to a great office of state.
这不就是吗 司法部
Well, there it is. Justice.
毕竟你看起来很享受待在法庭
After all, you seem to enjoy the inside of a courtroom.
现在你有机会看到很多法庭了
Now, you have the chance to see many.
国家要职通常指四个部门
The great offices of state are normally defined as four.
-司法部不在其列 -如果不在 那也该在
- Justice is not one of them. - Well, if it isn't, it ought to be.
私有化是我们最重要的政策之一
Now, privatisation is one of our flagship policies,
但就监狱而论 并不成功
but in the case of prisons, it isn't working.
我们需要一位优秀的部长来解决这问题
We need an exceptional minister to sort it out.
没错
Yes, that's right.
道恩 你很清楚
Dawn, you know very well
我刚刚才成功洗清名誉
that I have just successfully cleared my reputation.
-我本来期望你会奖励我 -我这就是在奖励你
- I had expected you to reward me. - I am rewarding you.
你听说了谢普西尔发生的暴♥动♥吗
You've heard about the riots at Shephill?
没有 谢普西尔是什么地方
No, what is Shephill?
-一所女子监狱 -谢普西尔吗 没听过
- A woman's prison. - Shephill? No.
我们需要有人果断做出反应
We need someone to act decisively.
迅速行动 所以我们才找你
We need someone to act fast, and that's why we've turned to you.
当然了 除非有什么
Unless of course there's a reason
你不该接任司法部长的原因
why you shouldn't take on Justice?
-没有 -个人原因也没有吗
- No reason. - No personal reason?
没有 你为什么这么问
No, why do you ask?
你不是在拒绝我吧 彼得
Well, you're not pushing back, are you, Peter?
你更想离开政♥府♥一段时间吗
Would you prefer a time outside government?
俗话不是说
They say, don't they,
直言不讳赋予一个人更大自♥由♥吗
it gives one a greater freedom to speak one's mind?
我觉得我在政♥府♥内部够自♥由♥了
I feel as if I have plenty of freedom inside government.
很好 那我们就说定了
Good. Then we have a deal.
-谢谢你 首相 -不客气
- Thank you, Prime Minister. - Not at all.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了
Ok.
你会担任外♥交♥部♥长吗 彼得
Are you going to be Foreign Secretary, Peter?
是好消息吗 劳伦斯先生
Is it good news, Mr Laurence?
刚才真有趣
Well, that was good fun.
你看到我说司法部时他的表情了吗
Did you see his face when I said Justice?
我不知道是谁给你爆的料 我也不想知道
I don't know who your informant was, and I don't want to know.
我只能说 你让首相非常开心
All I can say is you made a Prime Minister very happy.
-晚安 -晚安 首相
- Goodnight. - Prime Minister.
我们得赶紧行动
We need to get a move on.
一旦被人发现我们有这些 会被下禁令
Anyone finds out we've got these, we're going to be injuncted.
-所有者会有意见的 -我愿意冒这个险
- The proprietor won't like it. - I'll take that risk.
罗切夫人可不喜欢不愉快的事
Lady Roche doesn't like unpleasantness.
那她就不该开报社 对吧
Then she shouldn't own a newspaper, should she?
登出来
Print.
你不打算给我们独家新闻咯 彼得
You're not going to give us the scoop then, Peter?
你不打算告诉我们 你接下来会担任何职
You're not going to tell us where you're going to be next?
空话新闻电台
"巧舌哥"米克 直播中
不 米克 这留给首相宣布
I am not, Mick. I'm going to leave that to the Prime Minister.
这里是空话电台 您刚才收听的是彼得·劳伦斯
This is All Talk radio, you've been listening to Peter Laurence
和我 "巧舌哥"米克·默里的节目
and me, Mick 'The Mouth' Murray.
明天再会
Until tomorrow.
不满意吗
Not happy?
私下告诉你
Off the record,
我这辈子都没这么愤怒过
I'm angrier than I've ever been in my fucking life.
谢普西尔监狱发生暴♥动♥
莎米安