都建议在任的大臣们不要提起诉讼
Serving ministers are advised never to bring lawsuits.
如果你有公职 你就应该忍♥受一切
If you're in office, you're supposed to put up with anything.
就应该是这样的
That's the deal.
但我心知肚明 散布关于我的谎言
But I knew very well that lies were being told about me
不是因为我做过什么 而是针对我这个人
not because of anything I'd done, but because of who I am.
我出身于我所代表的广大人♥民♥
I'm proud to be one of the few politicians
作为为数不多的有这种背景的政♥治♥家之一
who actually comes from the same background
我对此非常骄傲
as the majority of people I represent,
也从未忘怀
and I never forget that.
于是我奋起抗争了 而且我赢了
So I fought. And I won.
引用大文豪的一句话
To quote the national poet,
"他理直气壮 好比披着三重盔甲"
"Thrice is he arm'd that hath his quarrel just."
出自莎士比亚《亨利六世》
谢谢大家
Thank you.
国内一位广受欢迎的政♥治♥家
One of the country's most popular politicians
今天下午在关乎他政♥治♥生涯的赌博中取得了胜利
brought off the gamble of his life this afternoon,
交通大臣彼得·劳伦斯因为一家报社
when a jury found for the Transport Minister, Peter Laurence,
声称他利用职权谋取经济利益
against a newspaper, which claimed
提起了诉讼 陪审团在这件案子里支持了他
he had exploited his position in government for financial gain.
但当被告方的关键证人记者莎米安·派珀
But the case fell apart when key witness for the defence,
改变了她的说法而令法庭哗然
journalist Charmian Pepper,
-被告的辩护站不住脚了 -不客气
- surprised the court by changing her story. - You're welcome.
去和您的律师道声谢
Say thank you to your counsel.
-我从来都没怀疑过 -您满意我就高兴了
- I never doubted it for a moment. - I'm glad you're happy.
这案子很直截了当 但还是感谢你
It's open and shut, but thanks all the same.
还有这么道谢的呢
Well, that's one way to thank you.
他什么意思 傻子也能让我胜诉吗
What's he saying? Any fool could have got me off?
我无所谓 总是有特别好的案子的
I don't care. They're always the best cases.
是你赢了的那些吗
The ones you win?
不 是那些你怀疑你的委托人有罪但赢了的
No, the ones you win when you suspect your client is guilty as hell.
还是个倒霉的出租车 我们可是去部里啊
Still a bloody taxi. We're going to the ministry, for God's sake.
也许 可您不是执行公务 不是正式的
Maybe, but you're not on government business. Not formally.
太像她的风格了
That's so typical of her.
-您了解首相的 -当然 格局小
- You know the Prime Minister. - Yeah, I do. Petty.
-莎米安 -莎米安 你为什么改了说法
- Charmian? - Charmian, why did you change your story?
派珀女士 你为什么改了说法
Ms Pepper, why did you change your story?
有什么要说的吗 莎米安
Any comment, Charmian?
我再说什么都只会让我有更大的麻烦
Anything I say will only get me in worse trouble.
我没什么可说的了 非常感谢
I'm saying nothing. Thank you very much.
我们回法庭吧
Let's get back to Chambers.
-对不起 -抱歉 是我的错 对不起
- Sorry. - Oh, sorry. My fault. Sorry.
鹿死谁手
第一季 第一集
大家都清楚这些年非常困难
Everyone knows these have not been easy years.
我任内的三年正好赶上
My three years in office have coincided
西方经济非常动荡的时期
with a period of extreme turbulence in Western economies.
但让我欣慰的是
But what's pleased me
自从我们在唐宁街十号♥启动这项开放计划
is since we inaugurated this access scheme at Number Ten,
英国的企业和金融界是多么地慷慨解囊
how British business and finance has really stepped up
来协助保守党的主张
to help the Conservative cause.
我们非常感谢
And we're very grateful.
我们会一直倾听你们合法的诉求
We are always here to listen to your legitimate concerns
并帮助企业界繁荣昌盛
and to help enterprise to thrive.
这是我们的职责 谢谢
That's our job. Thank you.
你表现得很得体 道恩
You're on good form, Dawn.
不过呢 我们每天都要举止得体
Mind you, we need to be on good form every day.
我可不记得摇尾乞怜是我工作的一部分
I don't remember begging being part of my job description.
那我来吧 我是党♥魁♥
Let me. I'm Chair of the party.
我应该去翻云覆雨的
I ought to be swaying continents.
而我一直都是在要钱
All I ever do is ask for money.
你和我都是啊
Ah! You and me both.
首相
Prime Minister.
-首相 -茱莉娅
- Prime Minister. - Julia!
-多少 -今天下午 二十万镑
- How much? - This afternoon, 200,000.
我理应有价值二十万的无聊差事
Well, I'm due £200,000 worth of boredom
所以这交换很公平
so that's a fair exchange.
取决于您是否想要赢得下次的大选
Depends if you want to win the next election.
您要的彼得·劳伦斯的简报 军情五处整理的
The briefing you asked for on Peter Laurence. MI5 put it together.
一小时就好了
In an hour?
这么快是因为文件已经在了
It was quick because it already existed.
什么 他们查过他吗
What? They had their eye on him?
如果没有那他们才是失职呢
They'd be derelict if they didn't.
嗯 当然了
Ah, yes. Of course.
-克里登 -他是摆脱不掉这个的
- Croydon. - You can't take it away from him.
所有那些贫寒出身都是真的 他是真实的
All that stuff about the tough background is true. He's authentic.
零售 零售 卖♥♥家具
Retail, retail, selling furniture,
房♥地♥产♥...
property...
然后从政
Oh! Then politics.
还有中间夹着的这些智库的经历
And with all those think tanks in between.
英美发展论♥坛♥ 是慈善机构吗
British American Development Forum, is that a charity?
本来应该是 但慈善机构管理委员会没批准
It was meant to be, but the charity commissioners didn't agree.
那其目的呢 除了避税以外
And its purpose, aside from dodging tax?
促进大西洋两岸的理解
Transatlantic understanding.
-这够可疑的了... -您要我做什么
- Well, if that isn't fishy...! - What do you want me to do?
就是个简单的测试 我以前做过
Oh, it's a simple test. I've done it before.
你要做的就是打开一本名人录
What you do is you open a copy of Who's Who.
你查查彼得的官方条目 然后和这个做对比
You look up Peter's official entry, then you compare it to this.
他没有提的就是我们要去找的东西
Whatever he's left out, that's what we're looking for.
-他不提是有原因的 -肯定是啊
- He'll have left it out for a reason? - Oh, certainly.
不管是什么 他都会希望早被人忘了
Whatever it is, he'll want it to be forgotten.
我很高兴地宣布 彼得·劳伦斯在这里
And I'm happy to say Peter Laurence is with us.
高等法♥院♥十五轮开庭之后 回到每周的位置
After 15 rounds in the High Court, back in his weekly spot,
来说说真♥相♥ 接听你们的电♥话♥
telling the truth and taking your calls.
谢谢你 米克 很高兴回来
Thank you very much, Mick. Good to be here.
不 我是政♥府♥的一员 而这是政♥府♥的政策
No. I'm a member of the government and this is government policy.
不 但你... 你得把脱欧忘了
No, but you... You have to forget about Brexit.
这事已经过去了
It's in the past.
这是个全民的震荡 就像你说的...
It was a national trauma, as you call it, and...
但这个震荡我们已经度过了 都过去了
But it's a trauma we came through. It's over.
我对老的争论没有兴趣
I'm not interested in the old arguments.
世界变化如此之快
The world is changing so fast,
让人兴奋的是要跟上节奏
and the exciting thing is keeping up.
西式烧汁
Brown sauce.
不 不 这点非常好
No, no, that's a good point.
我是个不太刻板的保守党 崇尚进步
I am a relaxed Conservative who admires progress.
任何能找到切实让他们相信的主张的人
I admire anybody who finds a cause
都会让我欣赏
that they genuinely believe in,
什么样的主张我都无所谓
and I'm at peace with all kinds of causes.
可以是纳尔逊·曼德拉或者普选权
It could have been Nelson Mandela or the suffragettes,
我不必同意里面的每一个字
I don't have to agree with every word of it.
我欣赏的是那些立场坚定的
I admire anybody who just stands strong
自♥由♥的人们 他们不会让自己的生命
and...and free and doesn't give over
陷在道歉和后悔之中
their life to apology and guilt.
对我来说 保守主义是对未来这个念头的热爱
To me, conservatism is about loving the idea of the future.
你听着多可爱啊
Don't you sound like a lovely man!
对 你为球队找一个适合的制度
Yes, you pick a system to suit the team.
对于曼联对 如果我再多说一个字的话...
If I say one more word about Manchester United...
没错 我在制度中从底层上来 我希望
Exactly. I rose through the system and I want everyone else
其他人也能有这个机会
to have that chance, too.
这次他们抓住你了 是不是 彼得
They got you this time, didn't they, Peter?
-他们发出了挑战 那报纸 -对
- They called, that newspaper. - Right.
他们差点就抓住你了
They nearly had you!
我能说的就是
Well, all I can say to that,
沃尔瑟姆斯托的威廉 门都没有
William of Walthamstow, is in your dreams!
我看他并不担心 威廉 他气色好着呢
He doesn't look worried to me, Billy. He looks radiant!
好吧
Ok!
你得听听这个
You need to listen to this.
是你私人信箱里的 昨天收到的
On your personal. It came through yesterday.
我不想在判决结果出来之前来烦你
I didn't want to bother you till after we got the verdict.
是谁啊
Who is it?
-有个人说她是你的女儿 -哪一个
- It's somebody that says she's your daughter. - Which one?
不和我说话的那个女儿