Wish I could persuade you.
你说服不了我 今晚不行
You can't persuade me, not tonight.
另外再约
Another night.
另外再约 也许吧 嗯
Another night, maybe, yeah. Yeah.
我的车来了
it's my car.
晚安
Goodnight.
谢谢
Thank you.
妈妈
Mum.
老天 莉莉
Goodness. Lily.
你在这里干什么
What on earth are you doing here?
你可一点都不欢迎我啊
That's not very welcoming.
我只是没想到你会来
Just I had no idea you were coming.
这是个惊喜
It's a surprise.
我当然很高兴了
Of course I'm pleased.
但学期还没结束 不是吗
But, surely, it's still term time, isn't it?
-我什么都记不太清了 -是啊 学期还没结束
- I've lost track of everything. - Yeah, it's still term time.
我在泡茶
I'm making tea.
我想我最好在这里躲几天
Thought I might hide for a few days.
每年这时候会举办哈斯丁市音乐节
It's that time of year, the Hastings Music Festival.
你知道状况的 我们一如既往地缺少男士
You know how it is. As always, we're short of men.
太多女士了 唱亨德尔的作品可不合适
Too many women, which doesn't suit Handel.
声部不平衡
The balance is wrong.
你跟爸爸谈过了吗
Have you spoken to Dad?
为什么 你跟他说过你要来吗
Why? Did you tell him you were coming down here?
没有
No.
你要待多久
How long are you staying?
抱歉
sorry...
你看看 我都忘记你喝茶的口味了
Do you know, I'm even forgetting how you take your tea.
当然了
Of course you are.
你自然不会知道 但我开始吃糖了
No reason you should know, but I've started taking sugar.
那就加糖和牛奶
So that's sugar and milk.
都要
Both.
-什么事 -你是佐伊·道恩斯
Yeah? You're Zoe Downs?
人们说你是全美国最了解
People say you know more about the Development Forum
英美发展论♥坛♥的人
than anyone in the United States.
那你一定是反对他们的傻瓜了
So, you must be the fool who went up against them?
是这样 你之前跟我♥干♥过一样的工作
Look, you used to cover the same turf as me.
我写过一阵子博客 后来停手了
I blogged for a while, and then I stopped.
这是为什么呢
Yeah, why was that?
我记得你上过庭审
I recognise you from the trial.
我回来把这个故事弄清楚
Well, I'm back on the story.
我刚跟英美论♥坛♥里的人聊过
I've actually just been talking to someone from British American.
我认识他们每一个人 说出一个名字
I know them all. Give me a name.
-巴里·埃雷拉 -你在搞笑吗
- Barry Errera? - You're kidding.
-他看上去很好相处 平易近人 -上帝啊
- Well, he seemed easy, very amiable. - Christ.
你看人的眼光也太差了
You're a terrible judge of character.
听着 如果你帮我 没有人会知道我们的事
Look, if you helped me, nobody would know about us.
-进来吧 -谢谢
- Come on. - Thank you.
整整八个月 我全心投入英裔美国人的研究
Studying British American was my whole life for eight months.
发生了什么
So what happened?
我被吓到了
Well, I got scared.
你知道的 在华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥做调查记者
You know, investigative journalism sounds so great
听起来很棒
when you work at the Washington Post.
但你若是一个二十多岁的独居女性
When you're a 20-something woman living alone,
就不那么有趣了
well, it's not so funny.
-那你现在做什么呢 -旅游
- So what do you do now? - Travel.
"坎昆的十佳酒店"
"Ten Best Hotels In Cancun."
这是名单
That's the list.
这些是签了保密协议的工作人员
Those are the staff who took nondisclosure agreements.
很多人发了大财
A lot of people got rich.
你是说他们不可能搭理我
You mean, no chance they'll talk to me?
你真的要查到底吗
Are you really going through with this?
我被羞辱了
I was humiliated.
因为我不能说出事实而被当庭羞辱
I was humiliated in court when I couldn't tell what I knew.
你能想象吗
Can you imagine what that's like?
你是一个记者 却被贴上
You're a journalist, and you're branded as
恶毒和无能的标签
malicious and incompetent.
吃吧
Eat.
我能问你一个问题吗
Can I ask you one question?
有谁没签保密协议吗
Did anyone not sign an NDA?
这是从安检送过来的
This has come through the scanner.
是寄给彼得的 看起来很可疑
It's addressed to Peter. It seems very odd.
里面是什么
What's in it?
一把梳子
A comb.
为什么会有人给彼得寄梳子 是恶作剧吗
Why on earth would anyone send Peter a comb? Is this a joke?
他的头发完美得一丝不苟 被他精心照料
His hair's always perfect, he makes a special point of it.
最好把它给我
I think I'd better take that.
-你知道这是什么吗 -给我就好
- Do you know what it is? - Just let me take it.
皇家邮政 谢普西尔 邮递中心 2020年10月21日
你在部长办公室里捣鼓什么呢
What on earth are you doing in the Minister's office?
可别说他让你来拿梳子
You're not telling me he sent for his comb?
不
No.
那你举着它干什么
And why are you lifting it like that?
因为
Because...
听着 这很复杂
Look, it's complicated.
我是不是撞见了某种非官方事务
Am I butting into something non-governmental?
-你是这个意思吗 -不
- Is that what you're saying? - No.
完全不是
Not at all.
-我知道他信任你 -是的
- I know he trusts you. - Yeah.
那就继续干吧
Then carry on.
好吧 在伊令有一家中♥央♥生物实验室
OK, there's something called Central Bio Labs, it's in Ealing.
司法部代表民事法庭授权它
It's accredited by the ministry to carry out tests
进行生物检测
on behalf of the civil courts.
你想查出什么
What do you want to find out?
我想知道这两个人是否有亲子关系
I want to know if these two people are related.
这是那个邮袋里的梳子吗
Is this the comb that came through the post?
听我说 乔伊
Look, Joy...
你有三个孩子 而全靠你养家糊口
You have three children and you're the family breadwinner
因为你丈夫在布罗姆利的小酒馆外
because your husband is on a charge of selling cigarettes,
因非法贩卖♥♥香烟被起诉
illegally, outside a pub in Bromley.
我说对了吗
Am I right?
而我们都清楚你是如何给彼得的案子作证的
And we both know how you testified in Peter's court case.
所以我想这种时候 你的谨慎可以让我放心
So I think, at this moment, I can rely on you to be discreet.
是的 你可以
Yes, you can.
到实验室的时候一句话都别说
Not a word at the lab when you're there.
回来的时候也别跟凡妮莎说
And not a word to Vanessa when you get back.
同意
Agreed.
他们九十分钟内就能做完
They can do it in 90 minutes.
赶紧站起来
Get up from your desk.
给你五十镑打车
There's 50 quid for your cabs.
英美发展论♥坛♥
抱歉久等了
Sorry about the wait.
喜欢英裔美国人吗
How do you like British American?
叫人印象深刻吧
Pretty impressive, huh?
-非常深刻 -我们用最高规格招待你
- Very. - We're giving you the whole treatment.
你能来吃晚餐真好
Great you could make dinner.
多谢 不 我想来的
Thanks. No, I...I wanted to.
我以为这地方会让你发笑
I thought this place would make you laugh.
-很疯狂吧 -是啊 太疯狂了
- Crazy, isn't it? - Yeah, crazy!
很多人都太把自己当回事儿了
A lot of people who take themselves too seriously.
但没理由咱们不能放松
Still, no reason why we can't relax.
你觉得华盛顿如何
So, how do you like Washington?
不错啊
Yeah, erm...
-我今天跟我妹妹去购物了 -在哪里
- I went shopping with my sister today. - Where?
杜邦圆环的本德尔百货 你知道吗
Oh, Bendels at, uh, Dupont Circle. Do you know it?
我可不是手包的行家
I'm not good on handbags.
这是什么
Oh, what's this?
只是柚子汁而已
That's just grapefruit juice.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
多谢
Thanks.
你好