Margaret. Says she has essential evidence
将影响到彼得·劳伦斯的案子
which will affect the Peter Laurence case.
她有点迟了吧
She's a bit late, isn't she?
我们一小时前刚解决了那个案子
We settled that case an hour ago.
这有个号♥码 拿着
There's a number. Take it.
什么 我能对自己胜诉的案子提出上诉
What, so I can appeal against my own victory?
不是 这样我就能说我的工作做到位了
No, so I can say I did my job.
部长 您是不是觉得沉冤得雪
Do you feel vindicated, Minister?
首相对这一切有什么要说的吗
What does the Prime Minister have to say about all this?
你打算起诉其他人吗 彼得
Are you going to sue anyone else, Peter?
谢谢你
Thank you.
-你好 -你好
- Hello there. - Hello.
彼得 祝贺你
Peter, congratulations.
我们从来没有真正担心过
We were never really worried.
-是 我也是 -很好我们越快赶上越好
- No, nor was I. - Good going. The sooner we catch up the better.
首相
Prime Minister.
彼得 你又回到政♥府♥部门了
Ah, Peter! You're a member of government again?
都没觉得我离开过
Wasn't aware that I'd left it.
如果他们发现你撒谎 你就会觉得了
You would have done if they found you were lying.
-茱莉亚 -部长
- Julia. - Minister.
不是说谎的问题
Not really a question of lying.
你不能进
Not you.
我得说我不了解审判的所有详情
Well, I can't say I understood every detail at the trial.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯说过 思想就像阁楼
Sherlock Holmes says somewhere the mind's an attic.
它的墙壁没有弹性
Its walls are not elastic.
咖啡吗 部长
Coffee, Minister?
不用了 谢谢你
No, thank you.
我怎么觉得你要...
I have the feeling that you're...
你有事要跟我说 首相
you're trying to tell me something, Prime Minister.
没错
Correct.
一家报社指控你在政♥府♥任职期间获利
A newspaper accused you of profiting from your time in government
并对此事说谎 你被证明是无辜的
and lying about it. You've been found innocent.
我的问题是 还有其他的事吗
My question is, is there anything else?
其他的什么事
Is there anything else what?
有没有其他丑闻
Well, are there other scandals?
我们需要了解的潜在的丑闻 彼得
Potential scandals we need to know about, Peter?
我通过了标准审查
I...i did svq.
我知道 但在这个网络时代标准审查
Oh, I know. But standard vetting isn't always enough
不一定够 在街上踹了狗
in this age of the internet. Kick a dog in the street
肯定会被路人拍下来
and you can be sure some passer-by has got a camera.
我没踹狗
I don't kick dogs.
他们说什么 不是说谎而是掩盖的问题
Then what do they say? It's not the lie. It's the cover up.
你一直提到这个词 "说谎"
You keep using that word, "lie".
我现在要你把所有丑事都抖出来
I'm asking you to shake all the skeletons out of your closet
这样我才能做出明智的决定
right now, and that way I can make an informed decision.
-关于什么的决定 -关于你的未来
- About what? - About your future.
道恩 你的问题有两点我不喜欢
Dawn, there are two things I don't like about your question.
听起来像是长篇大论
Sounds like we're digging in for a long answer.
首先 这听起来好像一开始就真的有事
First, it implies that there was ever anything in the first place.
公平地说 我接受这一点
Oh, fair enough. I do take that point.
第二点就是...
And the second is that...
如果你要我回顾我的私生活
if you're asking me to trawl through my private life,
这是我们在部长这个职位上就应该做的事
that is something we really should be doing at ministerial level.
法庭上的胜利确实让你变得很傲慢
Well, victory in court certainly made you very hoity-toity.
你想说什么 你不希望茱莉亚留在这里
What are you trying to say? You don't want Julia in the room?
不是 我就想指出...
No, I'm just pointing out...
茱莉亚是我的耳目 这个你知道 彼得
Julia is my eyes and ears. You know that, Peter.
她有时间为这些小事操心 我没有
She has time to sweat about the little stuff. I don't.
-我现在成了小事了 -不是
- Oh, so I'm the little stuff now, am I? - No.
-但是如果你想与茱莉亚为敌 -我不想
- But if you want to make an enemy of Julia... - No.
我当然不想 我喜欢茱莉亚
I absolutely don't. I like Julia.
但就像我说的 我们
But as I say, there's a big difference
-和茱莉亚之间有很大的区别 -什么区别
- between you and me and Julia. - And what's that?
我们是被选出来的 她不是
We're elected. She's not.
奇怪的是你把我描绘成一个平民♥主♥义者
The weird thing is you paint me as this populist.
我比你更尊重程序
I have a lot more respect with procedures than you do.
部长们有权在
Ministers have the right to speak together
没有第三方在场的情况下共同发言
without the presence of third parties.
如果你想看一下的话 这个规定我车上有
I've got the code in the car, if you want to have a look.
我到哪儿都带着
I take it with me everywhere.
茱莉亚是我的管家
Julia's my gatekeeper.
-这个我知道 -什么事都不会瞒着茱莉亚
- I know that. - Nothing gets past Julia.
这个我也知道
I know that, too.
彼得 你起诉诽谤的决定是有风险的
Peter, your decision to sue for libel was risky.
不仅有风险 这很鲁莽
Worse than risky. It was foolhardy.
我不愿意我的政♥府♥再次被送上被告席
And I am not willing to have my government put in the dock again.
我也不想
Me neither.
-所以你是清白的 -绝对
- So you're saying you're clean? - Squeaky.
-你不会再惹上官司 -不会
- And you'll never again resort to the law? - Never.
很好
Good.
因为我正考虑重新洗牌
Because I'm planning a reshuffle.
我可不知道
I didn't know.
没人知道 别对外说
Nobody does. Keep it that way.
-什么时候 -尽快 我正想提拔你
- When? - Soon as we can, and it suits my purpose to promote you.
-提拔我 -是的
- To promote me? - Yes.
很好 因为我刚还...
Good, because I was...
-我刚还想你是不是要... -炒了你
I was half thinking that you might... Sack you?
你怎么会这么想
What on earth made you think that?
我已经为你安排了个重要的政♥府♥职位
I've got you pencilled in for a great office of state.
我当然非常高兴
Well, I am, of course, delighted.
-你不能告诉我是什么 -发挥你的想象力
- You can't say which? - Use your imagination.
你和我都知道谁不能胜任其职
You know as well as I do who's failing.
我这么说吧
Let's just say
不是每个人都跟你一样才华横溢 彼得
not everyone's as versatile as you are, Peter.
就这样吧
That's it.
我约了那个中国人吃饭
Got the Chinese coming for dinner.
谢谢你 首相
Well, thank you, Prime Minister.
不用了 我懂得怎么走
No, I know the way.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
太好了 我的车拿回来了
Yes! Got my car back.
更重要的是 希尼回来了
More important, I got Sydney back.
-先生 -一切安好
- Sir. - All is well with the world.
-请进 -谢谢你
- Come in. - Thank you.
你见过我们的老板没
You've met our proprietor?
-没有 -罗切夫人今天特地从苏格兰过来
Never. Lady Roche is down from Scotland for the day.
你就是莎米安·派珀
So you're Charmian Pepper?
我们正在祝贺你做的新闻报道
We're just congratulating you on a journalistic first.
这份报纸破纪录了
We break records on this paper and
破纪录了
this is a record broken, surely the most
肯定是史上最糟糕的诉讼
disastrous lawsuit in our history.
乔非常棒
Joe's been wonderful.
他非常忠诚
He couldn't have been more loyal,
得到作家真正的支持
really stood by his writer.
是有出代价的
At some cost.
-我知道名声不好 -有这么说的吗
- I know it's bad, reputationally. - Is that a word?
但不用赔很多钱吧
But it's not going to mean hard cash, is it?
阿莉莎
Alisha.
保险公♥司♥都一样
Insurance companies are the same as everyone else.
他们不喜欢赔钱
They don't like paying.
-那肯定 -现在不到万不得已没人会赔钱
- I'm sure. - Nobody pays these days unless they have to.
即使得赔他们也想赖
Even then, they don't.
但是他们只能赔钱 不是吗
But they have to pay, don't they?
保险公♥司♥属从事风险业务
I mean, insurance companies are in the business of risk.
这场官司一直都有风险
This lawsuit was always a risk.
你够幼稚的 莎米安
How naive are you, Charmian?
你刚从娘胎里出来吗
Did you just come up the Thames on a banana boat?
这是什么年代 二十世纪五十年代吗
What is this, the 1950s?
-你以为我说了算 -你不会认为我幼稚吧
- You think my word is my bond? - You don't think I'm naive?
真不敢相信你曾经当过财经记者
I can't believe you worked as a financial journalist.
曾经当过