*For the Lord God*
*无所不能的创世主*
*Omnipotent reigneth*
*哈利路亚 哈利路亚*
*Hallelujah! Hallelujah!*
*哈利路亚 哈利路亚*
*Hallelujah! Hallelujah!*
*为了我主上帝*
*For the Lord God*
*万能的...*
*Omnipotent...*
越来越有形了
Shaping up!
-你高兴吗 -非常感谢
- Are you happy? - Very.
你一定经历了很艰难的一段时间
You must have had a very difficult time.
我在报纸上看见莉莉的那些报道了
I saw all that stuff about Lily in the paper.
真恶心 是不是
It was awful, wasn't it?
她还好吗
Is she all right?
-我和她通过电♥话♥ -很好
- Well, I've spoken to her on the phone. - Good.
她... 受了惊 但换谁不会呢
She's...shaken, but who wouldn't be?
太不公平了
It's so unfair.
-我得走了 -我陪你走吧
- I need to get going. - Oh, I'll walk with you.
你没去伦敦吗
Didn't you go up to London?
彼得打官司时你不是和他在一起吗
Weren't you with Peter for his court case?
就是去作证
Just to testify.
你多久见他一次
How much of him do you see?
还挺频繁的 在我不做音乐的时候
Oh, quite a lot. When I'm not making music.
他周末总是会过来
He's always down here at the weekend.
别忘了 这是他的选区
Remember, it's his constituency.
他知道我对伦敦那些晚宴 派对
He knows I'm not keen on dinners
等等的东西没兴趣
and parties and things in London.
你会参加吗
Do you ever go?
如果是女王办的话
Oh, you know, if it's the Queen.
-莉莉 -我整晚都在家里
- Lily! - I've been at the house all night.
那里就一罐橄榄 热水也被关了
There is one jar of olives, the hot water has been turned off,
根本就没有我爸爸的影子 你都送他去哪
and there is no sign of my dad. So where do you take him?
莉莉 你知道我不能告诉你的
Lily, you know I can't tell you that.
怎么 他还有个家吗
What, he has another life?
你知道我不能说的
You know I can't.
永远对老板忠诚 是吗
Always loyal to the boss, is that it?
她叫玛德琳
She's called Madeleine.
有新的情况
There's a fresh development.
-哪方面的 -我正要告诉你呢
- Concerning what? - I'm about to tell you.
你要想边吃边说的话 就算了
Not if you're going to eat while you talk.
-我没想 -你知道我对这有多反感
- I'm not. - You know how I feel about that.
给你
Here.
她要发她的DNA
She's sending her DNA.
她... 什么
She... What?
她想做个基因检测
She wants a DNA test.
邓肯... 邓肯 不要啊...
Oh, Duncan... Duncan, come on...!
我们刚回到第一阵营的当口
Just when we're back in front.
我们连这所谓的女儿会是谁都不知道
We don't even know who this supposed daughter is meant to be.
她会告诉我们吗
Is she telling us?
-不会 -就是啊 所以即便基因相符
- No. - Right, so even if the DNA's a match,
也可能是这弗罗斯特从别的地方弄到的
this Frost woman could have got it anywhere.
她在监狱里
She's in prison.
她准备怎么发呢
Well, how's she planning to send it?
邮寄数字
On a comb in the post.
我们有办法确定梳子是谁的吗
Do we have any way of establishing who the comb belongs to?
邓肯 我们...
Duncan, we...
我们能否想一想
Can we just think about this?
我悄悄地去了趟监狱
I make a discreet prison visit.
二十四小时后 那边就骚乱了
24 hours later, there's a riot.
而你现在郑重其事地建议法务大臣
And you're now seriously proposing that the Minister of Justice
调查他是否有个女儿在谢普西尔
investigates whether or not he has a daughter in Shephill?
我感觉我比你更在意这件事
Something tells me I'm taking this more seriously than you are.
我屁都不会给这女人
I'm not giving this woman the steam off my piss.
你一定考虑过吧
You MUST have been thinking about it.
没有
Well, I haven't!
我们得在这事变得不可收拾之前把它解决掉
We need to deal with this before it gets out of hand.
我们不是在解决嘛
We ARE dealing with it.
以不同的方式而已 我的方式比你的好
In different ways. My way's better than yours.
要不是你让我措手不及 我都不会去那
I wouldn't even have gone there if you hadn't caught me off-guard.
大臣...
Minister...
你看过任何文学名著吗
Have you read any classic literature?
你不知道有个叫正义的东西
Don't you know there's something called justice,
而且最后它总会胜利吗
and it always wins in the end?
正义不是个概念 邓肯
Justice is not a notion, Duncan.
而是个政♥府♥部门
It's a department of state.
而且是管理得很混乱的部门
And a badly run one, at that.
你和我学到了什么
What's the one thing that you and I have learned?
如果你咬住不承认的话就什么事都能赖过去
You can get away with anything if you just brazen it out.
今晚395号♥公路从1号♥口一直到国会山
Traffic flowing freely down Route 395 this evening,
都非常畅通
all the way from Junction 1 to Capitol Hill.
谢啦
Cheers, thanks.
我觉察到了
I couldn't help noticing.
觉察到什么
Noticing what?
你一直在看我
You've been looking at me.
-我有吗 -而且你已经待了有一阵了
- Have I? - And you've been here for some time.
如果你知道这些 那是你一直在看我
Well, if you know that, then you've been looking at me.
喝的是金酒吗
Is that gin?
不 不是金酒 我只喝的汤力水
No, it's not gin. I just have tonic.
在酒吧里喝汤力水多奇怪啊
Odd to drink tonic in a bar.
你是参加这个共和党的活动的吗
You part of this whole Republican thing?
应该不是 我是应该参加吗
Not that I know about. Should I be?
不是 不过这是共和党人的酒吧
No, it's just it's a Republican bar.
我喜欢这酒吧
I like this bar.
让人放松
It's comforting.
你怎么一个人啊
Why are you drinking alone?
我是爱尔兰人
I'm Irish.
我们不怕自己一个人
We're not frightened to be alone,
而且我更愿意待在人多的地方而不是酒店房♥间
and I'd much rather be among people than in a hotel room.
你来干什么啊
What are you doing in town?
是我姐姐的生日
It's my sister's birthday.
巴里·埃雷拉
Barry Errera.
斯特拉·琼斯
Stella Jones.
斯特拉
Stella?
我还没遇到过叫斯特拉的人呢
I've never met a Stella before.
那抱歉了 你可不是我的第一个巴里
I'm sorry, but you're not my first Barry.
我知道另外一间酒吧
I know another bar.
安静一些
Quieter.
好啊
Yeah, OK.
你是做什么的啊 斯特拉
So, what do you do for a living, Stella?
类似... 公♥关♥之类的
Oh, sort of, erm...public relations, you know?
-你呢 -我在煤气工厂工作
- What about you? - I work in a gas factory.
华盛顿到处都是
Washington's full of them.
我不明白那是什么意思
I don't know what that is.
是个打着智库旗号♥的游说组织
Oh, it's a lobby group dressed up as a think tank.
-这样合法吗 -它也不违反啊
- Is that legal? - It's not illegal.
我来告诉你是怎么运作的
I'll tell you how it works.
比方说 你卖♥♥烟草
Say, for instance, you sell tobacco.
你怎么办呢 你不能说烟草有益
What do you do? You can't just say tobacco is good,
-因为很显然它没好处 -对
- cos, obviously, it's not. - No.
于是你编出个理论出来
So you dream up a philosophy.
你说 "吸烟事关个人自♥由♥"
You say, "Smoking's an issue of individual freedom."
意思是每个人都有污染自己肺的权利吗
Like, every human being has the right to pollute their own lungs?
-你有让自己得上癌症的权利 -可不
- You have the right to your own cancer. - Sure.
然后你找一帮学者
So, you get a gang of academics
便宜 让他们说什么都行 你组建个智库
they're cheap, they'll say anything and you form a think tank.
开间办公室 搞块铜匾
Open up an office, give it a brass plate,
忽然之间你就和参议员们说上话了
and suddenly you're talking to senators.
不是推销员的身份 那可不行
Not as a salesman. Oh, no.
你是美国自♥由♥论♥坛♥的主席
You're the president of the American Forum for Freedom.
你这个机构叫什么
And what you do call this group?
英美发展论♥坛♥
It's called British American Development Forum.
-听说过吗 -没有
- Heard of it? - No.
真希望我能说服你