什么自伤 他们在自杀
Self-harm? They're killing themselves!
无意冒犯 部长 但这是未授权文件
With respect, Minister, this isn't an authorised paper.
它出自您的 特别顾问
It came from your...special adviser.
你说数据是错的
So you're saying the figure's wrong?
你一旦探究到这类政策的细节
Once you get into the granular in this area of policy,
事情往往不像表面那么简单
things aren't as simple as they seem.
死倒是很简单的
Dead's pretty simple.
再加上每年监狱关押囚犯的费用
And the annual cost of keeping an inmate in prison?
数据不可靠
The figures are soft.
-是啊 又大又不可靠 -要看不同的类型
- Yeah, big and soft. - Depending on the category...
好吧 是一年四万英镑 少年犯要六万英镑
All right. It's a 40,000 a year. For a young offender, 60,000.
-还不如送他们去上伊顿 -乍一看可能
- May as well send them to Eton. - At first appearance, it might...
你知道维持一家监狱的费用吗
And do you know the cost of maintaining the entire estate,
你知道数字是多少吗
do you know what that is?
新上任的司法部长可能会被数字误导
New ministers on arrival at Justice may be slightly misled.
监狱每年要花掉四十三亿英镑
Prisons are costing us £4.3 billion a year.
所以我们才要用私有化
And that is why we've been trying to bring down
-减少开销 -我对私有化没意见
- costs through privatisation. - Got nothing against privatisation.
只要它有用 但我有一个更简单的提议
As long as it works. But I do have a simpler suggestion.
我怀疑你要老调重弹了
I think I may have heard it before.
我们为什么不停止把人们关起来
Why don't we stop locking people up?
据我所知 这是一个政♥治♥问题
Well, as you are aware, that is a political question.
这不是我能决定的
It's not something I can decide.
这个部门越来越离谱了
This ministry is drifting.
是时候设定新路线了
It's time to set a new course.
乔伊
Joy!
部长准备好看他的日报了
The Minister's ready to look at his diary.
谢谢
Thank you.
你就是那位神秘的玛格丽特吗
And are you the mysterious Margaret?
猜的真准
Good guess.
你要喝一杯好的吗
You going to have a proper drink?
跟你说一声 我要喝大杯伏特加
I'm going to have a large vodka, just so you know.
你不记得我了吧
You don't remember me, do you?
我该记得吗
Should I?
彼得·劳伦斯的案子结束后你走了出来
You were leaving court after the Peter Laurence case.
我就不小心听到了
I overheard you talking to that little boy
你和小跟班的谈话
who always follows you around.
卢克
Luke.
我说了什么
What did I say?
你说你喜欢给有罪的人脱罪
You said you loved getting the guilty ones off.
不 我没说有罪的人
No, I didn't say guilty.
我说的是怀疑有罪 谢谢
I said suspected guilty. Thank you.
你应该学会把声音放低
You should learn to keep your voice down.
无论那是什么 我都不想要
Whatever that is, I don't want it.
你自己选
That's your choice.
但你拿着吧 反正也没坏处
But hang onto it. It won't do you any harm.
你要告诉我你是谁吗
You going to tell me who you are?
我猜你要么是疯了
I assume you're some kind of nutcase,
要么就是心怀怨恨
or maybe someone who's nursing a grudge?
-都不是 -那是什么
- Neither. - What, then?
某个在意真♥相♥的人
Someone who cares about the truth.
我看不像
Unlikely.
你要是在意真♥相♥
If you cared about the truth,
你几周前就会把这份材料 无论这是啥
you would have given the papers team this dossier,
交给媒体了
or whatever it is, weeks ago.
-不可能的 -为什么
- It wasn't possible. - Why not?
你对劳伦斯的了解有多深
How well did you get to know Laurence?
够深了
Well enough.
你是怎么找到他的 接他的案子
How did you find him? To deal with.
耳目一新
Refreshing.
劳伦斯的鲁莽和不计后果
There's something about Laurence's recklessness
几乎算得上是气节了
that adds up to integrity.
他是个有真正立场的人
He takes up genuine positions.
媒体因为他对监狱的看法而疯狂
The papers are going nuts over his views over prisons,
而他压根儿不在乎
and he doesn't give a damn.
这是格调
That's class.
听起来你似乎赞同他
Sounds as if you agree with him.
是你问我意见的
You asked for my opinion.
听着 我已经把这个案子留在身后了
Look, I've put the case behind me.
人们不是雇我做调查的 他们要我打胜仗
People don't hire me to investigate, they hire me to win.
我也做到了
And that's what I did.
你会把这份文件带回家 扔在一边
You're going to take that file home and throw it aside...
而某天晚上 你会起床找它
And then, one night, you're going to get up
因为你就是忍♥不住想看它
because you can't resist reading it.
就算你真的不感兴趣 那个小兄弟也会的
And maybe if you're not interested, the little dude will be.
谢谢你抽空
Thanks for your time.
每日镜报
监狱暴♥乱♥骚动 着火的女孩
你还好吗
You all right?
里面有你认识的人吗
You know someone in there?
是啊 大概吧
Yeah, loosely.
听着 你要是不想说 就不用告诉我了
Look, you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to.
我不想
I don't.
起来了 斯蒂芙
Come on, Steff.
至少跟我说说话
At least talk to me.
-拜托了 -我没什么好说的
- Please? - I ain't got nothing to say.
他们把我关进来 因为我没用了
They put me in here cos I'm useless.
斯蒂芙 我们会出去的
Steff...we're going to get out.
我们能昂首挺胸地走出这里
We're going to walk out of here with our heads held high.
我不会让他们赢的
I'm not going to let them win.
罗丝
Rose...
我还要再加两百天刑期
I'm going to get 200 more days.
请进
Come in.
恐怕首相来消息了
I'm afraid there's a message from the Prime Minister.
您能马上去见她吗
Can you go in straight away?
你为什么要用恐怕
Why do you say you're afraid?
你知道什么内情吗
You know something I don't?
当然不
Of course not.
我只想说你去律师协会要迟到了
I just meant perhaps you're going to be late for the Law Society.
是啊
Yeah.
你当然是这个意思了
Of course that's what you meant.
部长
Minister.
你要释放所有的囚犯吗 彼得
You going to set all the prisoners free, Peter?
-首相 -我很高兴你能从那
- Prime Minister. - Well, I'm glad you have time
富裕而有趣的生活中抽空来见我
in your rich and interesting life to come and see me.
富裕 但不有趣
Rich, but not interesting.
我本来该出席律师协会的
I'm meant to be at the Law Society.
我不确定你是否还记得自己属于
I don't know if you remember what political party
哪个党派了 彼得
you belong to, Peter.
为什么这么问
Why do you ask that?
因为有时候 你似乎忘记了
Because, sometimes, its founding principles
吾党的基本原则
seem to slip your mind.
你知道的 道恩 我一直都相信国家
As you know, Dawn, I believe in pushing back
能突破自己的界限
the boundaries of the state.
-你相信这个 -是的 我是自♥由♥主义者
- Oh, is that what you believe? - Yes, I am a libertarian.
相对于党派我更关心自♥由♥
I care less about the party than I do about freedom.
那你对国家想要从坏人手里保护国民这事
And how do you feel about the state protecting its citizens
有何高见呢
from those who wish to do them harm?
我永远不会故意把任何人置于危险之中
I would never knowingly put anyone in danger.
但你却要让所有监狱大门洞开
But you're going to open all the prison doors
放所有人出来
and let everyone out.
这不是我的原话 你也知道我不是这个意思
That's not what I said, and you know it's not what I meant.
别跟我耍小聪明 我在谢普西尔监狱外看见你了
Don't get smart with me. I saw you outside Shephill.
-然后呢 -然后你就在
- And? - And you were sent to Justice
曝光暴♥动♥后被送去了司法部
after a period of riotous overexposure.
你应该去管理这个部门
You were meant to administer that department,
-而不是去颠覆它 -好吧 也许你应该在
- not to overturn it. - Well, maybe you should have
任命我之前审查我的观点
checked my views before you sent me there.
我他妈才不关心你的观点
I don't give a fuck about your views!
你以为这是在做什么 首相问答时间吗
What do you think this is, Question Time?
你在搞什么鬼 彼得 找死吗
What is it about you, Peter? A death wish?