Hello?
对 对 是我
Yeah, yeah, it's me.
我的天 太棒了
Oh, my God, that's great.
好的 发过来吧
Yeah. Yeah, send it on.
我这就去找你
I'll be with you as soon as I can.
太感谢了
Thank you.
-你还好吗 -当然
- You OK? - Sure.
之前忘记和你说了
I didn't tell you,
我明天就要回伦敦了
but I think I have to go back to London tomorrow.
你妹妹的生日是哪天
When was her birthday, your sister?
昨天
It was last night.
太可惜了 我还想多留你几天呢
Shame. I was hoping you'd stay longer.
给你倒了杯白兰地
I poured you a brandy.
谢谢
Thanks.
-我该走了 -我给你打辆车
- I should go. - I'll get you a cab.
不用了 我想走走
Actually, I need to walk.
你要是再来华盛顿 记得来看我
If you're ever back in Washington, be sure to look me up.
我会的
Sure.
我在此恭候
I'll wait for it.
谢谢你的晚餐
Thanks for dinner.
纳迪娅
Nadia?
-是莎米安吗 -是我
- Charmaine? - Charmian, yeah.
你能来联♥系♥我
Thank you so much for calling. I, uh...
真是太感谢了
I appreciate it, I really do.
-进来吧 -谢谢
- Come in. - Thank you.
你真是太好了
This is really kind of you.
你真的不介意我录音吗
And you're sure you don't mind going on record?
有什么好介意的 反正我已经一无所有了
Why wouldn't I? What have I got to lose?
-妈妈 -莎米安
- Mum. - Charmian.
有够老派啊
Old school.
说来你可能不信 但留声机确实更保险
Believe it or not, they're actually safer.
我不喜欢英美发展论♥坛♥
I didn't like British American.
那些重大的宏伟议题
It was all meant to be so grand and important
他们一个也不讨论
and such a highfalutin place, but it wasn't.
其他女孩都拿到了工资
The other girls, they paid off.
只有我没有
But me, they didn't,
因为他们觉得我不配
because they didn't think I was worth anything.
可以讲讲彼得·劳伦斯吗
Can you tell me about Peter Laurence?
这场国际会议的主题
This was an international event.
本应是西方价值
Meant to be about Western values.
-本应是 -但实际上 不过是在
- Meant to be? - Really, it was a chance for interested parties
给相关利益集团的交易打掩护
to meet in discreet surroundings.
然后呢
So what went wrong?
我之前见过几次彼得·劳伦斯
I'd seen Laurence once or twice before.
我还挺喜欢他的
Actually, I really liked him.
他对每个人都一视同仁
He treats everyone the same, however lowly you are.
-之后他怎么了 -他并未官宣参会
- So what happened? - He wasn't officially there.
也不在日程名单上
He wasn't on the schedule.
但他确实参与讨论了
But he did have meetings to discuss deregulation.
放松药品管制的相关事宜
In this case, pharmaceuticals.
-他当时很激动 -怎么说
- He was very passionate. - In what way?
他说公共卫生机构
He said it was impossible for a public health service
不可能满足全体人♥民♥的最大利益
to function properly in the best interests of all the people.
他想说明什么
And what did he mean by that?
他说英国现在正需要
He said what Britain needed was what
谨慎地推行私有化
he called discreet privatisation.
还就英国医疗机构应该如何引入美国药物
He gave advice on how to get American practises and drugs
给出了具体建议
into the British health care system.
纳迪娅 你说他当时在场
Nadia, you're saying he was present.
你能确定有人付费请他来提建议吗
Can you confirm he was paid for this advice?
那要看你怎么说了
Depends on what you call paid.
官方的说法是他们付费请他做演讲
Officially, he was paid to give a speech.
付多少钱
How much?
五十万美元
Half a million dollars.
五十万一场演讲 可真够多的
That's a hell of a price for giving a speech.
英美发展论♥坛♥可有很多高价演讲 去查一查吧
Lots of expensive speeches at British American. Go figure.
他是怎么拿到那笔钱的
Can you remember how he got the money?
他们把钱通过一家控股公♥司♥打给他
He got paid through a shell company.
斯坦菲尔德产权公♥司♥吗
Was it Stanfield Titles?
是的
Yeah.
找到一个愿意接受录音的受访者
You don't know how long I've been searching for someone
实在是太不容易了
willing to go on the record.
好在你找到我了
Now you've found her.
感谢你
Just thank you and...
还有感谢你的酒
Thanks for the drink.
-你还醒着啊 -我很关心你的状况
- You're still up. - I wanted to be sure you were OK.
卢克 我刚结束一场超棒的采访
Luke, I just had the most fantastic meeting.
终于找到愿意为彼得·劳伦斯那天在华盛顿作证
I've finally found someone who's going to go on record
还愿意接受录音的受访者了
and say that Peter Laurence was in Washington on that day.
你那边信♥号♥♥有点模糊 莎米安
You're sounding a little blurry, Charmian.
那我20分钟后再给你打回去
Look, Luke, can I call you back in, like, 20 minutes?
你那时候还醒着吗
Will you still be up?
好
Ok.
女士 你要去哪
Lady, where you going?
我只是想和你聊聊
I just want to talk to you.
来吧 女士
Lady, come on.
你都不知道你往哪里走呢
You don't even know where you're going.
我想好好准备庆祝一番
I wanted to make something special to celebrate,
-只是没什么时间采购 -庆祝什么
- but I didn't have enough time to shop. - Celebrate what?
庆祝你回家了
Your being home.
你和你父亲聊过那些照片的事吗
Have you spoken to your father about the pictures?
我去伦敦和他说了
I went to London to tell him.
我觉得我们家需要
I have a feeling this family needs to kick up
彼此坦诚相待
to a whole new level of honesty.
你知道父亲有情人吗 还是你只是没问
Do you know that Dad has a girlfriend, or do you simply not ask?
莉莉 我不知道
No, Lily, I don't know that.
我很奇怪你是如何得知的
I'm not quite sure how you do.
你能转过来看着我吗
Can you turn from the table and look at me, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
我还很奇怪你为什么要告诉我
I'm also not quite sure why you want to tell me.
他在伦敦的时候 和一个文件管♥理♥员♥一起过了夜
When he's in London, he stays the night with a librarian.
不是给书盖章的那种 而是管理手稿的
Not the kind who stamps books, the kind who handles manuscripts.
这你知道吗
Did you know that?
回答我
Did you?
不完全知道
I did and I didn't.
你能给父亲打个电♥话♥吗
Can you call Dad, please?
我们得重新把家庭聚起来
I think we need to get the family together.
-先生 你的妻子打进一号♥电♥话♥线了
- Sir, it's your wife on line one.
-我在工作 一会给她打回去
- I'm working. I'll call her back.
她说她很需要你立刻接电♥话♥
She says it's the only time she's ever insisted
仅此一次
you pick up the phone right away.
稍等
One second.
什么事
Yeah?
等一下
Hold on.
可以回避一下吗
Would you mind?
你说吧
Yeah.
怎么了
Well?
我遇上麻烦了
I've got a problem.
莉莉去了哈斯丁市 告诉她母亲
Lily turned up in Hastings and told her mother
我在马里波恩有个情人
that I have a girlfriend in Marylebone.
我一直以为海伦知道 难道不是吗
I always assumed Helen knew. Didn't she?
谢谢 希尼 今天就到这里吧
Yeah, er, thanks, Sydney. I think we're done for tonight.
晚安 先生
Goodnight, sir.
谢谢
Thanks.
玛德琳 家
彼得·劳伦斯暂时不在 请留言
This is Peter Laurence. Leave a message.
邓肯·诺克
怎么了
Yeah?
彼得 有消息给你
Peter, I've got some news.
我用她寄给我的梳子做了DNA检测
I did the DNA test with the comb that she sent me.
什么
What...?
你都做了什么 我告诉过你别做