剧集 | 政坛野兽(2012) | 导航列表
What a day for American politics.
今天是美国政坛的大日子
Former first lady, governor of Illinois
前第♥一♥夫♥人♥ 伊利诺伊州州长
and candidate for the president of the United States,
美国总统的候选人
Elaine Barrish Hammond,
伊莱恩·巴瑞仕·哈蒙德
just minutes from addressing the pack ballroom
即将在芝加哥克里夫酒店的宴会厅
at the Cliff hotel in Chicago.
发表演说
There's not much you can say
关于州长
about the governor that hasn't already been said.
早已有诸多评论 褒贬不一
She's been called everything from a feminist liberal icon
从女权主义自♥由♥派的代表人物
to an opportunistic closet conservative--
到机会主义壁橱里的保守主义者
cold and ambitious,
从铁腕和野心勃勃
to warm, charming, and unfairly maligned.
到热情 有魅力以及恶意中伤
But no matter your opinion,
但无论你的观点如何
you have to admire what she has accomplished.
你不得不钦佩她的成就
Democrat or Republican,
无论是民♥主♥党还是共和党
man or woman,
无论是男是女
watching the room,
目睹这一幕
it's impossible not to feel a sense of history today.
你定能感受到 今天是创造历史的一天
That's the sound of the Hammond family
现在哈蒙德家族
now entering the ballroom.
正步入宴会厅
First is Douglas Hammond
首先是道格拉斯·哈蒙德
with his girlfriend Anne.
和他的女友安妮
Douglas' taking a leadership role in his mother's campaign.
道格拉斯在他母亲的竞选活动中担任领导角色
Some say he has quite a future of his own in politics.
有人说他的政♥治♥前途一片光明
And of course,
当然
directly behind them is Thomas,
紧随其后的是托马斯
referred to as T.J. in Hammond circles.
在哈蒙德圈中被称为T.J.
Everyone kept waiting for his homosexuality to be an issue,
曾经所有人都坐等他的同性恋身份落人口舌
but, nope, it never was.
但不是 这从来不成问题
The governor's mother is now entering the room.
现在步入宴会厅的是州长的母亲
Always a fixture in a Hammond campaign,
哈蒙德竞选活动的固定参与人士
dating back to both of Bud Hammond's
可以从巴德·哈蒙德
successful runs for the presidency.
两次赢得总统大选追溯至今
If you can't hear anything,
厅内已经震耳欲聋
that's because Bud Hammond just entered the room.
因为巴德·哈蒙德刚刚步入了这里
Man, they love this guy.
他们爱死这男人了
Former President Hammond got himself into a bit of trouble
前总统哈蒙德在过去半年
in the last six months
惹上了一些麻烦
calling directly into question
他公然质疑加尔塞蒂
Garcetti's competency for the job.
说他力不胜任其位
Governor's theme song signaling her entrance.
州长的主题曲标志着她的入场
This kind of enthusiasm is usually reserved for her husband,
这种热情欢呼通常是献给她丈夫的
but it's not his name they're shouting now.
但如今人♥民♥呐喊的不是他的名字
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Okay, please.
好了 请听我说
Earlier today,
今天早些时候
I called Senator Garcetti to congratulate him
我打电♥话♥给参议员加尔塞蒂 祝贺他
on a tough and hard-fought primary...
赢得了这场艰难激烈的预选
...but a primary worthy
这场预选配得上
of the people of this party and of this great nation.
这个党派和这个伟大的国家
Although we were not successful in securing the nomination,
虽然我们在获得党内提名的战役中失败了
this campaign has had so many victories,
但这次竞选我们已经获得太多的胜利
and I want to take a moment to say something to the young women
所以我想用一点时间跟参与这次竞选的
and little girls who joined our cause.
年轻女性和小女孩们说几句
Please, don't be discouraged by my loss.
请不要因为我的失败而丧失勇气
As sure as I stand here,
毫无疑问 我现在站在这里
and because I stand here,
也因为我能站在这里
one day, one of you
终有一天 你们的其中一个
will be the President of the United States of America,
将会成为美♥利♥坚♥合众国的总统
and that is a day
那一天
this woman plans on living to see.
我翘首以待
Thank you Elaine, we love you.
谢谢你伊莱恩 我们爱你
Mr. President, can you sign my pin?
总统先生 你能在我的胸章上签名吗
Oh, you betcha.
那是当然
Keep walking, Bud.
走起 巴德
Oh... excuse me.
不好意思
Why can't you run again, Mr. President?
你为什么不再次参选呢 总统先生
Would if I could, honey.
如果可以的话 甜心
I would if I could.
我会的
There have been some serious screwups
这个党内的历史上
that have happened in this party's history,
有过不少烂糟透顶的事
but none, none as historic as this horseshit.
但没有 没有能跟这屁事相提并论的
I need a drink.
我要喝一杯
Just give me two fingers with a little Diet Coke.
两盎司酒兑些无糖可乐
I have to watch my figure.
我要注意体型
Come on, you're a hottie, Grandma.
少来了姥姥 你是个辣妹
Oh, all you homos love me.
你们同性恋都爱我
It's the rich, straight guys I'm worried about.
但我要的是有钱的直男
What retard with half a brain
哪个弱智脑残
thinks that Italian shit show is gonna win the general?
会认为那意大利人的垃圾表演能赢得普选
Florida, gone.
佛罗里达州 没有了
Texas, sayonara.
德州 拜拜
Arnie wants to make sure you're still good
艾尔尼想确认你一小时后
sitting down with the majors in an hour.
能缓过神来跟政要们会面
If this party thinks we're lifting one finger
如果党内认为
to help that douche get elected,
我们会帮那个傻缺赢得选举
they've got another thing coming.
他们的麻烦就大了
Enough, Bud. Don't feel bad, babe.
够了 巴德 别伤心 宝贝
Garcetti had the press corps eating right off his nut sack.
加尔塞蒂有记者团帮他推波助澜
Even in my prime, he'd have been a challenge.
就算是我来参选 他也是块难啃的骨头
I would've licked him for sure, but...
我是肯定能赢他 但
I said be quiet.
我说安静
Can we have the room, please?
能请你们都出去吗
Now?
现在
It's okay, Sam;
没事的 萨姆
if I wanted to assassinate him,
如果我想刺杀他
I would have done it years ago.
很多年前就会下手了
In his sleep.
在他睡觉的时候
I should have campaigned more.
我应该多参加几次竞选的
They had me spending so much time in North Carolina,
他们让我花大把时间在北卡罗来纳州
you'd have thought I was running for governor.
连你都会以为我是在竞选州长了
You know, I know,
我明白
given your epic levels of narcissism,
很难让你这种自恋狂
that it's impossible for you to fathom
去想明白
this loss has nothing to do with you,
我的落选跟你毫无关系
but imagine for a moment that it doesn't.
但你就幻想一下跟你没关系
The country loves you, Bud.
这个国家爱你 巴德
They will always love you.
他们会一直地爱你
It's me they have mixed feelings about.
让他们五味杂陈的人是我
Now, now, sugar...
慢着 别 甜心
Please don't give me that crap
别跟我来那种
about how the people would love me if they just knew me.
如果他们了解你就会喜欢你的废话
It's been 20 years, okay?
都20年了 懂吗
They know me.
他们了解我
I hate campaigning.
我讨厌竞选
It's an Olympic sport in hypocrisy.
这是比虚伪的奥♥运♥会
Fat smokers droning on and on
肥头胖耳的吸烟者不停地唠叨
about their shitty medical coverage,
他们的医疗保险有多糟糕
smiling when babies with runny noses are shoved in my face,
当婴儿的鼻涕往我脸上蹭时我还要装笑脸
and most of all, I hate lying.
最关键的是 我恨撒谎
I hate lying and telling people that things
我讨厌当情况不会改善的时候
are gonna get better when they never will.
昧着良心跟人们说一切都会变好
You believe the lie,
你相信谎言
and that is why you have won
这就是你能赢得
every election you've ever been in,
所有参与竞选的原因
and that's why Garcetti is going to win, too.
这也是加尔塞蒂会获胜的原因
Bullshit. That man is going to be elected president,
胡说 他将会被选为总统
and if you don't get in line, you are going to be be iced out.
如果你不先拍好马屁 就会被打入冷宫
I left office with an 84% approval rating.
我离职时有84%的支持率
剧集 | 政坛野兽(2012) | 导航列表