剧集 | 梅尔罗斯 | 导航列表
Patrick?
我觉得杰拉尔德·弗罗格莫尔
I gather that Gerald Frogmore
去年打的鸟比英格兰任何一个人都多
shot more birds last year than anyone in England.
对一个坐轮椅的家伙而言相当不错
Not bad for a chap in a wheelchair.
也许他怨恨它们能够自♥由♥行动
Perhaps he resents their freedom of movement.
你母亲呢 你想告诉你母亲吗
I mean, what about your mother? Do you want to tell your mother?
好吧 我马上回来 我保证
Okay, I'll be right back. I promise.
我不相信你
I don't believe you.
你说你会回来但你不会的
You say you will but you won't.
帕特里克 我会的
Patrick, I will.
每个人都很开心
Everyone enjoyed themselves,
甚至是那个被吊着的人
even the man who was being hanged.
全家都找到了乐子
Fun for all the family.
我看到帕特里克在楼梯上
I found Patrick on the stairs.
他想和你讲话
He wants to talk to you.
-亲爱的 埃莉诺 -嗯
- Darling. Eleanor? - Yes?
我以为我们已经达成共识 你不会每次
I thought we'd agreed that you wouldn't rush to Patrick
在他哭哭啼啼的时候都跑去哄他
each time he whines and blubbers.
他之前摔倒了 所以可能受伤了
He fell earlier so he... he may be hurt.
那样的话他可能需要找个医生
In that case he may need a doctor.
他没受伤 他只是想找他的母亲说话
He's not hurt. He just wants to talk to his mother.
听到了吗 亲爱的 他没受伤
You see, darling? He isn't hurt.
所以只是情绪化的问题
And so it's just a question of sentiment.
难道我们要容忍♥他的勒索吗
Does one allow oneself to be blackmailed or not?
如果你坐下 我们可以讨论讨论
If you sit, we can discuss it.
我想提出的建议是
The proposition I'd like to make is that education
教育应该让儿童以后能说出
should be something of which a child can later say:
"如果我这都能挺过来 以后什么都难不倒我"
"If I survived that, I can survive anything."
这既病态又错误 你心里清楚
Well, that's crazy and wrong and you know it!
我确实认为孩子应该经受考验
Well, I certainly think a child should be challenged--
老天啊 维克托
Oh, for goodness sakes, Victor!
没人希望别人痛苦 我们只是在说...
Well, nobody wants anyone to be miserable. We're just saying--
"我们" 是啊 谁都不准反驳他
We! Because God forbid you should ever contradict him.
溺爱对孩子没任何好处
..It doesn't do a child any good to be molly-coddled.
我知道这种观点过时了
I know it's an unfashionable point of view,
但在我看来 人小时候的遭遇
but in my opinion, nothing that happens to you
根本无关紧要
as a child really matters.
说到无关紧要的事物
When it comes to things that don't matter,
你在我心目中排第一位
you're top of my list.
-你说蠢话来让自己显得没那么傲慢 -天啊
- Saying silly things to sound less pompous, - Oh, my word!
又说傲慢的话来让自己显得没那么蠢
and pompous things to sound less silly.
年轻的美国左翼分子
A ferocious backhand there
-使出猛烈的反手回击 -真可悲
- from the young American lefty. - It's pathetic.
你童年时期的遭遇的确毫不重要 尼古拉斯
Well, nothing that happened in your childhood did matter, Nicholas.
他所做的完全符合大家对他的期望
He just did exactly what everyone expected.
我拒绝为平淡无奇的童年道歉
Well, I refuse to apologize for an uneventful childhood,
也不为享受痛苦胜过快乐而道歉
or to relish the suffering over the happiness.
-大草坪 桶和铲子 -搞什么
- big lawns, buckets and spades, - What the fuck?
把硬币扔进丽思卡尔顿的金色水池里
Throwing coins into the golden pool at the Ritz.
你想吃一个无花果吗
Would you like a fig?
现在是最应季的时候
They're at their best this time of year.
来一个吧 我知道你有多喜欢
Go on - I know how much you like them.
我要用刀才吃得了
I'll need a knife.
抱歉 我真的尽力了
I'm sorry, I've really tried here,
但我实在待不下去了
but I can't do this anymore.
你是一个自大又愚蠢的马屁精
You... You are a pompous, silly little sycophant.
而唯一对你有利的是
And the only thing in your favor
你让他害怕
is that you frighten him.
除此之外 你就是个失败者
That aside, you're a failure.
我同情的是你的儿子
And it's your son I feel sorry for,
如果当时能如我所愿的话...
and if I had my way then...
维克托 你可以留下来陪你的朋友
Victor, stay with your friends by all means,
但如果你真这么做 我以后都不想再看到你
but if you do then I never want to see you again.
不 不 我跟你一起走
No, no, I'm coming with you.
你们真得这么早就走吗
Must you leave so soon?
是的 埃莉诺 我明天得早起
Yes, Eleanor, I have to be up early
写...写我的书
to er... make some... some progress on my book.
埃莉诺 帕特里克在走廊
Eleanor, Patrick is in the hallway.
他很难过 而且孤单又害怕
He is sad and he's lonely and scared.
我答应了他会带你去找他
And I promised I'd bring you with me.
你能不能去问问他发生了什么
Will you come and find out what's happened?
埃莉诺 求你了
Eleanor, please.
埃莉诺
Eleanor.
维克托这么传统的人
For someone so conventional,
找的女朋友却那么标新立异
Victor does love an unconventional girlfriend.
几乎没什么比眼看一个聪明
Almost nothing is as entertaining
又自命不凡的犹太人气得面容扭曲更有意思了
as the contortions of a clever Jewish snob.
你能邀请一个犹太人来作客 就很有气量了
Very broad-minded of you to have one in the house at all.
你们俩都去死吧
Oh, do fuck off, the pair of you.
-谢谢你 -不 你说得对
- Thank you. - No, you were right.
人终究得反对残暴
In the end one must oppose cruelty,
哪怕只是拒绝参与其中
even if only by refusing to take part.
我们为什么要小声说话
Why are we whispering?
我也不知道
I have no idea!
等一下
Oh, one moment.
帕特里克
Patrick?
帕特里克 只有我在
Patrick? It's only me!
他一定是已经上♥床♥睡觉了
He must have gone to bed.
巴里 你真是我的救命恩人
Barry, you are saving my life.
我一向都是 不是吗
Like I always do?
他们很想让她过上乡村生活
They're desperate to get her into Country Life.
妈妈热爱玫瑰
Mummy's keen on roses,
爸爸喜欢马儿
Daddy loves the gee-gees.
我带他们去科芬园看歌♥剧《费加罗的婚礼》
I took them up to Covent Garden to see Le Nozze di Figaro,
但指挥走上指挥台时
and when the conductor came on the podium,
罗德尼·沃森-斯科特说
Rodney Watson-Scott said,
"瞧 他们等候发令准备起跑了"
"Look, they're under starter's orders."
巴里
Barry.
明白了吗
You see?
没有你想的那么轻松
It's not as easy as you think.
睡不着吗
Can't sleep?
我也是
No, me neither.
一定是因为太兴奋了
Must be all the excitement.
这么多客人
All these people.
来
Here...
好点了吗
Is that better?
我先走了
I'll leave you now.
但你记住
But know one thing.
如果你告诉你妈妈
If you ever tell your mother...
或任何人 今天发生的事
or anyone else, about today..
我会把你砍成两半
I will snap you in two.
大卫·梅尔罗斯
约翰尼
Johnny?
你可以走了
You can go now.
喂
Hello.
喂
Hello?
帕特里克 帕特里克 是你吗
Patrick? Hello, Patrick, is that you?
尼古拉斯
Nicholas?
帕特里克 恐怕我有个坏消息告诉你
Patrick, I'm afraid I have rather bad news.
我在纽约
I'm in New York.
和你父亲有关
It concerns your father.
剧集 | 梅尔罗斯 | 导航列表