剧集 | 现代爱情 | 导航列表
改编自《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》现代爱情专栏的个人散文
部分元素有所改动
现代爱情
第一季 第八集
外面天气很好
Beautiful day out there,
但预报今天下午晚些时候
but there is a thunderstorm forecast
有雷雨
for later this afternoon.
如果你要外出 记得带伞
So if you are going out, remember to bring an umbrella.
接下来播放舒伯特
Here's Schubert's "Serenade No. 4"
天鹅绝唱的《小夜曲》
from the Swan Songs.
-妈 -你好
- Hi, Mom. - Hey.
你有睡觉吗
Did you sleep?
睡了一会
A little.
现在已经十一点半了
It's 11:30.
我知道
I know.
我去煮点咖啡
I'll put on some coffee.
比赛在接近最后一圈的时候变得甜蜜起来
可怜的家伙
Poor guy.
-谁 -他
- Who? - Him.
我一开始就注意到他了
I noticed him at the start.
我猜你也是
I'll bet you did.
不
No.
我注意到他起步太快了
I mean, I noticed that he went out too fast.
他现在就在付出代价
Well, he's paying for it now.
他看起来没劲了
He looks done.
也许他只是需要一点鼓励
Maybe he just needs a bit of encouragement.
快 伙计 你可以的
Come on, buddy. You can do it.
我有点担心了
Hmm. I'm getting worried.
你觉得他身上
Do you think it's possible that something
可能发生了什么事吗
could have happened to him?
肯定有人会注意到的
Well, surely someone would have noticed.
如果在我有机会约他出来之前
I'd be very disappointed if he died
他就死了的话我会很失望的
before I had the chance to ask him out.
别拿这开玩笑 玛戈
Don't even joke about that, Margot.
我没有
I'm not.
继续 肯
Go on, Ken.
你可以的
You got this.
谢谢...
Thanks...
谢谢护送 各位
for the escort, fellas.
抱歉耽误了你们这么久
Sorry for keeping you so late.
但说真的 肯 高尔夫...
But seriously, Ken, uh, golf...
真的适合你
is really gonna be your thing.
别听他的 哥们
Don't listen to him, man.
去按♥摩♥一下
Get a massage.
那可太丢人了
Well, that was humiliating.
并不 很有意思
Not at all. It's just a fun run.
那跟有意思一点边都不沾
That was the opposite of fun.
他们真的很担心
They were... genuinely worried
他们要拿出
they were gonna have to break out
-除颤器 -别说傻话了
- the defibrillator. - Don't be silly.
不 他们一直问...
Oh, no. Oh, they kept asking...
他们能不能...
if they could...
最后那部分开车载我 我说
drive me the last bit. I said,
"不 我自己完成"
"No. I'm gonna complete the course."
你可真厉害
Good for you.
你怎么还在这里
How come you're still here?
你应该早就到了
You must've finished ages ago.
我们在拉伸
We're just, um, warming down.
我喜欢拉伸久一点
I love a good long warm-down.
机智
Huh, smart.
你自己慢跑吗
Were you jogging on your own?
还是你有伙伴一起
Or you have a buddy?
我自己一个人
Oh, on my own.
也许你可以考虑一下加入我们
Maybe you'd like to think about joining our club.
好...
Oh, well...
我想... 我会很乐意的
I-I think... I'd enjoy that.
谢谢
Yeah, thanks.
你介意我开窗户吗
Do you mind if I open a window?
这里太闷热了
It's like a sweatbox in here.
你开吧
Oh, sure.
肯喜欢把恒温器的温度调高
Ken likes the thermostat way up.
他的血要比我的冷一些
His blood runs a little colder than mine.
你决定好你穿什么了吗
Have you decided what you're wearing?
穿黑色套装
Uh, well, there should be a black pantsuit
在衣柜里的干洗袋里
in the... dry cleaning bag in the closet.
找到了
Got you.
鞋呢
Shoes?
我来拿
I'll pick them.
-我来吧 -谢谢
- I got it. - Oh, thank you.
我不打扰你准备了
I'll leave you to get ready.
-你还好吗 -一分耕耘一分收获
- Are you okay? - No pain, no gain.
对 付出才有收获
That's right. No guts, no glory.
你今天很棒
You're doing great today.
我用起搏器了
Oh, I'm using a pacemaker.
真的吗 心脏那种吗
Really? The heart kind?
不 不 人那种
No, no. The people kind.
我跟着一个节奏很好的人跑
Uh, I pick a runner doing a nice gentle pace,
他们带着我跑
fall in behind and they tow me along.
你说的"他们" 是"她"的意思吗
Now when you say "They," Do you really mean "She"?
不 那让我听起来...
No, th-that makes me sound...
不正派
Sleazy?
我本来要说肤浅的
I was gonna say superficial.
我跟你开玩笑呢
I was teasing you.
不过这可能会有争议的...
It could be argued, though, that...
能驱使男人做任何事的唯一的事
the only thing that motivates men to do anything
-就是追女人 -真的吗
- is chasing women. - Oh, is that true?
你是这样的吗
Are you like that?
好吧...
Well, uh...
我怀疑我是
I was, I suspect.
直到我遇到我的贝蒂
Till I met my Betty.
她什么时候死的
When did she die?
如果你不介意我问的话
If you don't mind my asking you.
六年前
Six years ago.
-癌症 -我很遗憾
- Cancer. - I'm sorry.
没事的
Oh, it's okay.
我很幸运了
I was lucky.
我们结婚36年
We were married 36 years.
肯...
Ken, um...
很明显你很爱你的贝蒂
it's obvious that you loved your Betty very much,
我很尊重你们的婚姻
and I have great respect for your marriage,
但我想你心里可能也有我的位置
but I think you may have room in your heart for me, too,
或者有像我一样的人的位置
or someone like me.
我不认识像你一样的人
I don't know anyone like you.
六年听起来有很久 但...
Six years sounds like a lot, but...
比起兔子来说 我更像是乌龟
I'm more tortoise than hare.
也许如果我慢下来
Well, maybe if I slowed down,
你就不用追我 我们可以用我们自己的节奏跑
you wouldn't have to chase me. We could run at our own pace.
你可以吗
Well, could you though?
顺便说一下 我能找人帮我盯着工作
I was able to get someone to cover at work, by the way,
这样我就能待几天
so I can stay on a few days.
至少能待到下周三左右
Middle of next week, at least.
再多待就有点难了
Then it's gonna start getting tricky.
我很开心 谢谢你这么做
I'm glad. Thank you for that.
你下周去纽波特跑10公里吗
Are you gonna run the 10K in Newport next week?
我计划去
I was planning on it, yes.
你想一起去吗
Would you like to go together?
好的
That-that would be nice.
不是仅仅作为慢跑伙伴
I mean, not just as jogging buddies.
好
Okay.
我的意思是
W-What I mean is,
我订一间大床房♥
if I made a reservation for a room with one bed,
可以吗
would that be okay?
挺好的
剧集 | 现代爱情 | 导航列表