剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
它必须有某种机械连接
It had to have some kind of mechanical connection.
我们采用了 “样板模型技术”这个词
We adopted the phrase "boilerplate technology."
模型师很大程度上 只能依据草图行事
The model builders were working off sketches for a lot of it.
对于一些微小的细节 他们直接从模型套件里
But for some of the minute detail, they were just finding parts
from model kits that looked like, "This is a mechanical thing, this'll look good."
寻找机械感很强 看起来不错的零件
我们管这叫“零件堆砌”
LORNE: We called this kit bashing.
我们会购买♥♥德国坦克 飞机 大炮的二战模型
And we would buy German tanks, airplanes, guns,
从上面选用大量的零件
World War II equipment, just to provide an incredible amount of good parts.
JOE: We were limited somewhat by the model kits that we could get,
模型套件一定程度上 限制了我们的制♥作♥
如果要做10架X翼战机 我们必须找到10组套件
because if we had to build 10 X-wings, we had to find 10 of those kits.
所以经常需要大量采购
So we'd buy these kits by the pound.
我当时在做沙漠履带车
LORNE: I was working on the Sandcrawler,
大概需要280块履带零件
and the treads on the Sandcrawler... There's about 280 treads.
我对鲍勃·谢帕德说
And I said to Bob Shepherd,
“老天 如果我有一台小型注塑机”
"Oh, my God, if I had a little injection molding machine,
“我立刻就能完成它”
"I could do these in no time."
他问:“那种机器要多少钱?”
He said, "Well, how much would a machine like that cost?"
我说:“1500或1800美元可以买♥♥一台”
I said, "I can get one for about $1,500, $1,800."
他说 “我的天 只要1500或1800? 那你快去 用卡车拉回来”
He said, "Oh, my God, $1,500, $1,800? Go get it. Get the truck and go get it."
我突然醒悟过来 “老天爷 1500美元只是九牛一毛”
All of a sudden, the light went on like, "Oh, my God, $1,500 is a pee in the pot
“他们在英国制♥作♥的这部电影 耗资数百万美元”
"compared to this multi-million dollar movie they were making in England
“而这部电影必须在1977年上映”
"that has to be out by 1977."
(GEORGE SPEAKING)
我们做得真慢
我以前28天就能做一部电影
(GUNSHOT)
我正要到那边去
I was just getting over there.
制♥作♥电影非常困难
(GEORGE SPEAKING)
这是一项技术活儿
你得全身投入
对星战这种电影 每个细节都非常重要
就像小定时炸♥弹♥ 散落在布景里
有成千上万个
如果你漏掉一个
整个项目就得完蛋
对哦
Right-o.
(FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING)
(MAN SPEAKING INDISTINCTLY)
开拍
And action!
(CLANKING)
没锁住 对吗?
Didn't lock. Didn't lock. Doesn't lock, does it?
你还好吗 乔治?
你看起来有点…
We'll get there somewhat quick.
乔治还在英国 但我们还没到拍摄阶段
LORNE: George was still in England, but we weren't producing film yet.
从零开始设计和搭建 所有的布景道具
Designing and building everything from scratch
比预期的要难得多 也更耗时
was much harder and more time-consuming than could have been anticipated.
乔恩·厄兰和我原本只签了两个月合约
Jon Erland and I were originally hired for two months,
但我们掌握的工业设计流程非常有价值
but the industrial processes that we knew were incredibly valuable.
我注意到他们做飞船模型时
I noticed that the way that they were making the spaceships
他们会找出一个零件
is that they would find a part
混合五分钟硬化的环氧树脂 涂在零件背面
and then they would mix five-minute epoxy, put it on the back side,
然后他们会贴上胶带 将其固定到位
and then they'd put masking tape and hold it in place.
接着再找下一个零件
And then they'd go to the next part
遮盖胶带和五分钟环氧树脂
and, you know, masking tape and five-minute epoxy.
那时候你在五金店 买♥♥不到强力胶
You couldn't buy superglue in hardware stores.
那种叫“伊斯特曼910”
It was called Eastman 910.
但乔恩·厄兰和我可以买♥♥到
But Jon Erland and I could buy things industrially
that regular human beings couldn't get.
普通人买♥♥不到的工业用品
所以我说:“你们所有人 其他五个模型师”
So I said, "All of you other guys, the five other model-makers,
“大家先停一停 花一分钟看我的做法”
"I want you to stop and watch what I am doing here for a minute."
我拿起一小截铅笔
I held one quarter of a pencil
贴在桌子边上 滴了一小滴强力胶
on the edge of the table, I put a little drop of superglue
然后我移开手 铅笔仍然悬在桌子边上
and I moved my hand and the pencil remained cantilevered out over the table.
他们都惊呆了 “我的天 你怎么做到的?”
And they were all like, "Oh, my God, how did you do that?"
自那以后 再也没人说 我们只有两个月合约了
Well, after that, no one ever mentioned that we were only hired for two months.
每个人都多才多艺 十分了解彼此的需要
JOHN: Everybody had a broad range of skills that overlapped.
那些建造模型的人
So the guys who were building the models
知道要拍摄的人需要什么
knew what the guy who was going to photograph it was going to need.
所以我们在哪里安装 是否会有阴影
So where I was going to mount it, whether it would cast a shadow,
表面的反射特性是什么
what are the reflective qualities of the surfaces,
我们就像银汞合金
and that amalgam, whatever it is,
会产生一加一大于二的效果
that synthesis is greater than the sum of its parts.
我们是一家人
RICHARD: We were a family.
每天早上醒来 我都干劲十足
I'd wake up in the morning, I was ready to go.
我想说我真的很享受 所以我愿意一直待到很晚
I mean, I enjoyed it so much that I'd just stay there until
晚上九点十点十一点
9:00. 10:00, 11:00 at night, you know.
大家就住在那儿 每天在那儿待18个小时
People lived there. I mean, we were there 18 hours a day.
大部分人都二十几岁
Most of us were all in our 20s.
只有个别人有孩子或其他牵绊
Very few had children or other commitments.
他们给我们充分的自♥由♥
They let us do what we wanted to do.
如果你愿意可以中午过来夜里走
You could come in at noon and work till midnight if you wanted to.
屋子里超过38摄氏度
RICHARD: And it was like 100 degrees plus.
那是一座铁皮仓库 没有空调
It was a tin building, right, with no air conditioning.
街对面有一家空军♥用♥品♥商店
There was a military Air Force surplus store across the street,
有个家伙弄了个货箱回来
and one of the guys came back with a shipping case
我们往里面灌满了冷水
so we would fill it up with cold water
每个人都在里面泡一下
and then everybody would dunk in it
再回去工作
and then go back in to work.
我爸从一家军品店 买♥♥了一个飞机逃生滑梯
JOE: My dad had bought an aircraft escape chute at a surplus place.
我们会在上面滑来滑去
We used it as a slip and slide.
你按一下按钮 它就会…
You just push the button and it... (MIMICS WHOOSHING)
你还能用它干什么?
What else are you going to do with it, right?
你不会用它来…
You can't use it to...
从飞机上逃生
escape your airplane.
HARRISON: I would go there at night,
我一般都是晚上过去
这样我就不用 边蒸桑拿边吃午餐了
so I didn't get to participate in lunch hours in the hot tub,
哈里森·艾伦肖
(CHUCKLING) so...
我那时白天在迪士尼工作 晚上兼♥职♥做《星球大战》
I was still working at Disney when I was moonlighting on Star Wars.
白天是干净整洁的迪士尼影业
Going from Disney Studios during the day
晚上则是凌乱肮脏
over to this rather unkempt,
(CHUCKLING) dusty warehouse,
尘土飞扬的仓库
这真是云泥之别
was literally night and day.
彼得·艾伦肖和哈里森·艾伦肖
我从小受许多电影人 和创意工作者耳濡目染
I grew up being surrounded by filmmakers and creative people.
我父亲是迪士尼的绘景师
My father was a matte painter at Disney.
迪士尼你懂的
Disney was Disney.
它是业界标杆
It was iconic.
我被迷住了
I was enchanted.
我父亲确实很有才华
My father was one of the chosen ones.
彼得·艾伦肖的遮景绘画
多年来 人们只是知道 我是彼得·埃伦肖的儿子
For years, I was known because I was the son of Peter Ellenshaw.
我不想追随父亲的脚步
I didn't want to follow in my father's footsteps,
子承父业
fill his shoes.
(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
彼得·艾伦肖于1965年 凭《欢乐满人间》获奥斯卡奖
谁会想这么做呢?
Who could possibly do that?
我曾经上过手绘课程 只得了一个C
I took one course in freehand drawing and I got a C.
但我父亲说:“我知道 你对这行不太感兴趣”
But my father said, "I know you're not that interested in doing it,
“但迪士尼绘景部门正急缺人才”
"but the Disney Matte Department is having a really difficult time hiring people."
他说:“待六个月试试”
And he said, "Give it six months."
于是我就去迪士尼工作了
So now I'm working at Disney,
大约六年后 我接到了一个电♥话♥
and after about six years, I got a call
有点出乎意料 来电♥话♥的是吉姆·尼尔森
kind of out of the blue, from Jim Nelson,
他是一位制片人 正在做 一部叫《星球大战》的电影
one of the producers on a film called the Star Wars.
He was clever.
他很聪明
带来了拉尔夫·麦夸里的草图
He brought over Ralph McQuarrie's sketches.
那些画水准极高
They were intimidating,
but at the same time inspiring.
同时又引人遐想
我就来了
That's all it took.
在迪士尼 我是最年轻的画师之一
At Disney, I was one of the youngest people. I was a kid.
但在工业光魔 我已经算老人了
At ILM, I was an old guy.
我觉得他们可能会来问我 默片时代的电影是什么样
I almost expected people to come and ask me what it was like before sound.
他们从没见过遮景绘画
They'd never seen a matte painting.
遮景绘画是一张画出来的背景
A matte painting is the painted piece of scenery
它需要和现场拍摄出来的
that goes together with
演员和布景完全吻合
actors on a location, on a set.
反正你也不会看见我把它扔掉 对吧?
You wouldn't see me get rid of it anyway, would you?
在《星球大战》中欧比旺·克诺比
In Star Wars, the shot with Obi-Wan Kenobi
关掉追踪器的那个镜头就用了遮景绘画
turning off the tractor beam, that was a matte shot.
亚历克·吉尼斯站在离地不到两米的地方
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表