剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
克纳公♥司♥光学研究实验室
工业光魔总部
加州圣拉斐尔 克纳大道3160号♥ 1980年
研究实验室
我记得我第一次去克纳的时候
STEVEN SPIELBERG: I remember the first time I got to Kerner,
我第一次看到…
and the first time I saw, you know, the fact they had
史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格
那里到处都是诱人的垃圾食品
really great junk food everywhere.
每个人都非常聪明 富有创造力
And I saw how really smart and creative
工业光魔的每个人都才华横溢
and talented everybody was at ILM.
那时候没有数字技术
It was all analog in those days.
一切都是手工做出来的
You did everything with your hands.
我觉得克纳就是一个大学校园
I kind of looked at Kerner as a kind of college campus
在某种程度上 我们就是一群新生
in a way, it was like we were a bunch of freshmen,
还有四年时间才会毕业
and we were four years away from graduating from anything.
因为我们都很年轻
Because we were all so young.
这里很棒 能结交很多志同道合的人
It was a great place to hang out with a lot of like-minded people.
我们都喜欢电影 喜欢谈论电影
We all love movies and we loved talking about movies.
我们都有一种技术宅气质
There was a sense of nerdiness to all of us
因为这是工业光魔 不是橄榄球联盟
because it was ILM, not the NFL.
那种心态
And that kind of mindset,
那么有趣的地方 对我来说就像游戏厅
that kind of a fun house, a playhouse for me,
让我流连忘返
I never wanted to leave that place.
因为他们知道怎么创造奇迹
Because they understood how to make magic
同时还能玩得开心
and how to have fun at the same time.
(THEME MUSIC PLAYING)
(ROARS)
《光影与魔法》
《第四集 我找到了同道中人》
(INDISTINCT CONVERSATION)
STEVEN: This is great.
很不错
乔治当时突然出现在阿♥拉♥巴马
George showed up in Mobile, Alabama. Right in the middle of Close Encounters.
乔治·卢卡斯 史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格
我们正在拍《第三类接触》
He had just finished Star Wars.
他刚拍完《星球大战》
他拍摄的过程很不顺利 至少你自己这么想
And he had a terrible time on Star Wars, at least you did in your head,
我不知道真实情况有多糟
I don't know how bad it was in real life.
乔治很沮丧 说 “太可怕了 看看这些剧照”
George was all depressed, saying, "This is terrible, look at these stills.
“看看这打光 我真看不下去”
"Look how my movie's lit, I'm really upset."
I look at these stills and it was gorgeous lighting.
我看着这些剧照 灯光美极了
It was just incredible. "God, George, you're depressed."
简直太棒了 “乔治 你太严格了”
We had dinner at my house that night.
那天晚上我们在我家吃了晚饭
He said, "This is terrible and it wasn't what I wanted."
他说:“太糟了 不是我想要的”
我们坐在《第三类接触》的石头上
And we were sitting on the rocks that are in Close Encounters.
我说:“我们交换一个点怎样?”
I said, "Why don't we just trade a point?
“我给你《第三类接触》 票房♥的一个点”
"I'll give you a point of Close Encounters,
1点=1%电影票房♥
"you give a point of Star Wars.
“你给我《星战》的一个点”
"And we'll see, we'll cover our bets, you know?"
“怎么样?我们都输不了多少”
乔治 谁知道我们会 赌上那么多钱?
Who was to know, George, that we were gonna throw so much money away?
对 我以为我会是赢家 因为当时我觉得
Right. Well, I figured I had it made because I felt, at that point,
我的电影拍得很烂
my picture was such a turkey.
《星球大战》在1977年5月上映 乔治不想待在洛杉矶
Star Wars was opening in May of 1977, and George didn't want to be in LA,
于是我们去了夏威夷 一起待了一星期
so we went to Hawaii and we spent a week together.
他问我 “下一部电影准备拍什么?”
He said to me, "So what's the next movie you're going to make?"
我说 “这么多年来 我一直想让艾伯特·布洛克里”
And I said, "I've been trying for, like, years to get Cubby Broccoli
“来找我拍一部007电影”
"to hire me to do a James Bond film."
《金手指》 盖·汉弥尔顿 196♥4♥年
Do you expect me to talk?
你想让我开口吗
不 邦德先生 我想让你死
No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.
我一说007 他就说
The second I said James Bond, he said, "I got something better than James Bond."
我有比007更好的东西
他向我推荐了一个 叫《夺宝奇兵》的故事
And he pitched me the story called Raiders of the Lost Ark.
我说 “我推荐你一部007电影”
I said, "I've got a James Bond film for you.
乔治·卢卡斯
"It's great. It's about an archaeologist.
“特别好 是关于一个考古学家的”
(RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK THEME PLAYING)
“他发现了许多古代文物 与宗教或超自然现象有关”
"He finds ancient artifacts that are religious or supernatural,
“而且他总是让自己惹上麻烦”
"and kind of always in over his head."
他是个不守规矩的冒险家 不惜一切代价
STEVEN: He was going to be a rogue adventurer that stops at nothing
和纳粹战斗 最后夺得宝物
fighting the Nazis to get his prize.
-我要去追那辆卡车 -怎么追?
-I'm going after that truck. -How?
不知道 边走边想吧
I don't know. I'm making this up as I go.
Hyah! Hyah!
它是共和国影业那种系列电影 就像《星球大战》一样
GEORGE: But it's basically a Republic serial like Star Wars.
每个段落都有一个悬念
We want to have a cliffhanger every reel.
不!
No!
(LAUGHS)
他说 “如果你要拍”
And then he said, "Okay, well, if you do it,
“你就得答应拍三部”
"you've got to commit to doing it three times,
“因为我想做一系列电影”
"because I want to make a whole series of these films."
相信我
Trust me.
他说 “我答应”
He said, "I'll do it."
(LAUGHING) It was just like that.
就是这样
我说 “那好 我们说定了”
I said, "Okay, well, let's make a deal."
我对自己说 “如果我要大干一番”
STEVEN: I said to myself, "Well, look, if I'm going to go into business,
“没人比他更合适做搭档了 他是我最信任的人”
"there's nobody I'd rather go into business with, nobody I trust more."
“夺宝奇兵” 劳伦斯·卡斯丹 编剧
乔治·卢卡斯 及菲力普·考夫曼 创意
KATHLEEN KENNEDY: I remember that Steven said, "Here, read this.
我记得史蒂文说
“来 读读这个”
“告诉我你怎么想 但别把剧本告诉任何人”
"Tell me what you think and don't talk to anybody about what the script's about."
凯瑟琳·肯尼迪
我当时入行时间不长
I had not been in the business a long time,
凯瑟琳·肯尼迪 《夺宝奇兵》制♥作♥会议
so it's not like I was used to reading a lot of screenplays,
所以还没读过多少剧本
我记得我坐在那里翻阅剧本
and I remember sitting there leafing through this.
我以前从没在电影里 看到过这样的东西
I hadn't seen anything like this in a movie before,
我合上剧本 坐在椅子上
and I kind of closed it up and I sat back
翻来覆去地想 “我们怎么把这东西拍出来?”
and all I kept thinking to myself was, "How are we going to do this?"
(LAUGHING) It was so exciting.
太令人兴奋了
《夺宝奇兵》有点像 介于幻想和现实之间
RICHARD EDLUND: Raiders was kind of like a bridge between fantasy and real movie.
理查德·埃德伦德 视觉特效总监
So Raiders was, you know, I mean, it was taking place in the Nazi era,
《夺宝奇兵》发生在纳粹时代
但是打开法柜之类的情节 某种程度上是幻想的世界
but the opening of the ark and all that was still kind of fantasy world,
可以这么说
you know, in a sense.
所以必须在银幕上 打造出这个世界
And so we had to make that work on screen.
你开始听到隆隆声 就像间歇泉要喷发一样
MAN: You start to hear a rumble. Almost like Old Faithful about to erupt.
轰隆声越来越大 嗡嗡声越来越大
And the rumble increases, the hum increases.
下一阶段的特效出现了
And then, the next phase of the effect occurs,
一层蓝绿色的气态的纱
which is where a rather gaseous, a bluish-green gaseous veil
从法柜中溢出 开始爬下台阶
spills from the ark and starts to crawl down the steps.
这是史蒂夫和特效人员
It'll be between Steve and the special effects
还有我的工作 决定影片呈现的最终效果
and me workin' out the final decision about how it's gonna finally look.
我们正在处理一种 具有新外观的特殊效果
We're dealing with a kind of special effect with a new look.
比我们过去做的东西更空灵
Something a little more ethereal than what we've been doing in the past.
为《夺宝奇兵》拍摄鬼魂时
RICHARD: And shooting the ghosts in Raiders,
有一个非常复杂的问题
it's a real complicated issue with that kind of a shot.
当你谈到鬼魂时 鬼魂究竟是什么样的?
And when you're talking about "What does a ghost look like?"
史蒂夫·高利 模型工作室
LORNE PETERSON: Steve Gawley came up with a very clever idea.
史蒂夫·高利想出 一个非常聪明的办法
Because we were using a cloud tank to manufacture the clouds.
洛恩·彼得森 模型工作室
我们利用云缸来制♥造♥云
上面用温的清水下面用冷的咸水
You use warm, clear water on the top and salty water on the bottom that's cold.
这样上下层就会保持分离状态
And so those layers would stay separate.
再用一个小装置注入蛋彩颜料
And then you would inject a mixed temperate with a little device,
接下来就等着积云形成
and then you would just wait for the cumulus clouds to develop.
(THUNDER CRASHING)
我们准备好了水箱
So we have the tank available. So Steve came up with the idea
史蒂夫想出了这个主意
把杆子插在鬼魂身上 就像一个木偶
of putting a rod on a ghost, like a rod puppet,
然后把它放在水里 让它来回游动
and then he ran it in the water and made it go back and forth.
水让柔滑的卷须完美地流动起来
And so the water made the silky tendrils, like, flow really nicely
这些丝质的卷须
with silk and these tendrils,
我们用高速摄影拍下来
and then it was shot high speed. So it really slowed it down.
看起来就放慢了速度
然后可以根据需要 加快或减慢速度
And then they could speed it up and slow it down as they wanted to.
拍《夺宝奇兵》时 我正在学习视觉特效
On Raiders, I was learning visual effects, and I didn't even know...
弗兰克·马歇尔 制片人
我知道什么是绘景 但不知道是怎么实现的
I knew what a matte painting was, but I didn't know how you did it.
所以去旧金山 对我来说真的很令人兴奋
So it was really exciting for me to go up to San Francisco
那里的工业园区并不起眼
and go to this sort of nondescript industrial park.
但有各种好玩的事情
And there was all this fun stuff going on,
和非常有创意的人
and great creative people.
我到了工业光魔 我说 “我想融化一张脸”
I went to ILM and I said, "I want a face to melt.
“我想融化托特的脸”
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表