剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
菲尔·蒂佩特 生物设计和定格动画
I have no rhythm at all, and can't dance.
我完全没有节奏感 也不会跳舞
但我穿上戏服 开始表演时
But when I got into this thing and started performing,
我妻子进来问 那个穿戏服的是谁?
and my wife comes in and goes like, "Who's that in the suit?"
“那是菲尔” 她说 “不可能 他不会跳舞”
And he said, "Phil's in the suit." and she goes, "No, he can't do that."
这太神奇了
It's amazing how it works.
一旦穿上戏服就进入了状态 你穿上一个国王的衣服
You know, when you go into costume, you put on, you know, a king's outfit,
你就成了国王
you become a king.
当你穿上一套蓝色戏服
And you put yourself, you know, inside of a little blue guy
一开始弹钢琴 你就会入戏
that's playing the piano and you've actually become that,
you feel it.
你能感觉到
(SUPER FREAK BY RICK JAMES CONTINUES PLAYING)
在《绝地归来》里 有三个人解决舞台上的问题
ROSE: On Jedi, three people emerged as the problem solver on the stages
因为我们有三个特效总监
because we had three effects supervisors.
理查德·埃德伦德
Richard Edlund,
丹尼斯·穆伦
Dennis Muren...
肯·拉尔斯顿
and Ken Ralston.
他们每个人都有自己的风格
And each of them had their own style.
肯就像一台机器
Ken was a machine.
肯负责太空战 因为他就像流水线一样
You know, Ken got the space battle because he could just churn out
制♥造♥出一个又一个元素
element after element after element.
他连鞋子都能做道具
He's the guy that shot the shoe.
肯·拉斯顿 视觉特效总监
My tennis shoe is actually in Return of the Jedi.
我的网球鞋被拍进了《绝地归来》
还有一些酸奶盒
Along with some yogurt containers
和口香糖
and some wads of gum... (CHUCKLES SOFTLY)
充当了远处背景中的舰队
that represent fleets of ships in the background in the distance
你根本分辨不出来
that you really can't tell what's going on.
我觉得理查德·埃德伦德
I don't think Richard Edlund ever
肯定不会这么做 丹尼斯也不会
would have considered doing that or Dennis, for that matter.
不过丹尼斯有很敏锐的直觉
But Dennis was very much intuitive.
他是一位直觉敏锐的艺术家
He's an intuitive artist. And Richard's, you know,
理查德做事一板一眼
going to pound out the numbers and figure it out.
这应该和他的军事背景有关
You know, I think that's his military background.
肯会说 “我们试试 放只鞋在上面”
And Ken is just, "Let's try it. Yeah. Put a shoe up there."
(LAUGHS)
协作和团队合作是这里的王道
The collaboration and the teamwork was king here.
这不仅仅是三个特效总监的事
But it wasn't just the three effects supervisors,
他们都会听取员工的意见 分享想法 尝试新东西
they would each listen to their crew and get ideas and try things.
每个部门都有自己的特点
Every department had their own character.
没什么面子不面子的
There were not a lot of egos.
这就是我们的大家庭
PHIL: That was our family.
我们真的很喜欢一起工作
We just really enjoyed each other's company.
菲尔·蒂佩特 生物设计和定格动画
我第一次看到丹尼斯·穆伦时
The first time I laid eyes on Dennis Muren,
他正在放自♥制♥的电影《春分》
he was screening a movie that he had made called Equinox.
丹尼斯·穆伦 制♥作♥《春分》 1967年
《春分》
MAN: Equinox.
-(GROWLS) -(SCREAMING)
《春分》
我就是这么认识丹尼斯的
So that's how I got to know Dennis. (LAUGHS)
菲尔可能比我小五岁
DENNIS: Phil was probably five years younger than I am.
我们过去常常聚在一起 看当时制♥作♥的大电影
We used to get together and look at the big movies that were being made,
大多数时候我会说 “我认为他们做的不对”
and... (LAUGHS) most of the time I would say, "I don't think they did that right.
丹尼斯·穆伦 视觉特效总监
"You know, those effects do not look very good."
“那些效果看起来不是很理想”
我马上回来
PHIL: We'd sit around drinking beer in my little apartment
我们会坐在我的小公♥寓♥里喝啤酒
在加利福尼亚的威尼斯 谈论我们想做的事情
in Venice, California, talking about what we wanted to do.
我妻子朱尔斯向我求婚时
In fact, when my wife, Jules, proposed to me,
就是在格兰岱尔市 丹尼斯公♥寓♥的阳台上
it was on Dennis' balcony in Glendale.
有一次 他 朱尔斯和我在湾区
And then he and Jules and I were up in the Bay Area
在伯克利艺术博物馆 一个女人从朱尔斯旁边路过
at the Berkeley Art Museum, and this woman walks by and then Jules
她转身和朱尔斯对视
and the woman turn and look at each other.
她竟然是朱尔斯在英国 读艺术学校时候的同学
And it was a woman that Jules had gone to art school with in England.
她叫扎拉·平福德
Her name was Zara Pinfold,
她和朱尔斯是大学同学
and she and Jules had gone to college together.
她后来嫁给了丹尼斯
PHIL: She ended up marrying Dennis. (LAUGHING) That's where they met.
那就是他们相遇的地方
菲尔 朱尔斯 扎拉和我
DENNIS: So, our relationship between Phil and Jules and Zara
一直保持着很熟的关系
and mine is very tight. Very tight.
非常熟
我们就像一家人
Yeah, we're, you know, pretty... Family.
我们一起工作 相处融洽
And we worked together really well, you know.
设计兰克兽时
For rancor,
我把它想象成熊和土豆的混合体
I imagined it as a cross between a bear and a potato,
我就这么做了
and I just ran with that.
乔治接受了第一版设计 只需要一点完善
George accepted the first design and, you know, just refined it.
那些设计本身就是艺术品
GEORGE: You know, the designs themselves were mostly artwork.
非常了不起
It was brilliant.
可能不错 作为…
It might be good, just as a...
我把它设计成定格动画角色
PHIL: I had designed it as a stop motion character,
但乔治说想做的是 用他的话来说是…
but George said he wanted to do it as... The way he characterized it
“有史以来最好的哥斯拉戏服”
was "the best Godzilla suit ever."
生物设计部负责制♥作♥ 贾巴宫殿里的所有生物
And so we have the whole Creature Shop for all the creatures in Jabba's palace
我们动员整个生物设计部 制♥作♥了一套兰克戏服
that we were doing, and we built a rancor costume
让演员穿上
for someone to fit in.
效果并不好
And it just didn't work.
所以丹尼斯的想法是 把它做成一个高速木偶
So it was Dennis' idea to do it as a high-speed puppet.
我们只用了一个小木偶
DENNIS: We went with just a real smaller rod puppet.
搭建了小小的骨架 可以四处移♥动♥
Building little tiny skeletons that you can move around.
我们做了整套的微缩布景 它所在的洞穴和各种东西
And we made a whole miniature set that it was in, all sorts of stuff
让它看起来很庞大 就像一部专业电影
to make it look big and like a professional movie
而不是一群小孩子过家家
instead of a bunch of kids having fun.
从肘部伸出来的杆子 能单独控制手臂
The arms were controlled separately from rods coming out of the elbows,
下面的人可以操纵这些杆子
going down with guys down below, moving those around.
要让它动起来
PHIL: To move the thing,
能够表演
the performances, there's me,
我把手从后面伸进去控制他的头
I've got my hand up his ass doing his head.
另一个人 汤姆·圣阿曼德 拿着涂黑的手♥枪♥手柄
There's a guy, Tom St. Amand, with the kind of pistol grips
用隐藏手柄来操纵双手
that we had hidden, blacked out, that would operate the hands.
桌子下面还有一个人操纵脚
Another guy under the table that were doing the feet.
有些场景我们以每秒72帧来拍
Some scenes we shot at 72 frames a second, three times faster.
快了三倍
摄影机会快速运转
Camera would get up to speed,
我们就像…这样
and we just go... (MAKES SWISHING SOUND) Like that.
(GROWLING)
然后…
And...
(LAUGHS) Who knows?
谁知道拍成什么样
所以我们会拍很多次
And so, uh, we would do a lot of takes.
我们一直在讨论
DENNIS: All the time, we're saying,
“怎么做才能看起来不像木偶”
"What can we do to make it not look like a Muppet, right?"
那我们倒放试试
Well, let's try it backwards.
我们试试慢速倒放
Let's try it backwards at a slow speed
再看看正常播放 而不是倒放时
and see if when we run it forward instead of backwards,
效果怎么样 我们试了试
see what we get then. We tried that. I think that's in the film.
我想那就是电影里表现的
这里的镜头必须得有质感
All right, now, here's the shot that has to be done with taste.
我们在这个镜头要做的是 当牙齿向下咬的时候
'Cause what we're gonna do on this cut is as the jaws come down,
他会疯狂地尖叫
he's squealing like mad on the cut. Here.
(SQUEALING, CRUNCHES)
-咔嚓 -对 尖叫声会停止
-Crunch. -Yeah, the squealing will stop, so...
(CHUCKLES)
他开始咀嚼 他最后做的是
As he starts chewing and then what he does at the very end,
他转向你 看着卢克
then he turns toward you, sees Luke, (IMITATES SLURPING)
然后开始前进
and then starts to move forward.
(SQUEALING)
(LAUGHS)
在《绝地归来》中 我们都在一起工作
On Return of the Jedi, we were all working right there,
乔·约翰斯顿 美术部
you know, in close proximity.
合作非常紧密
So I could go into the cutting room
所以我可以进入剪辑室
如果乔治想要修改一组连续镜头 他会向我解释
if George wanted change a sequence and he would explain to me,
“我要去掉这些镜头”
"I'm going to throw out these shots,
“但需要一个新镜头来代替”
"but we need a shot to replace them that does this."
乔治就是这样引导我们的
It was George sort of guiding us and steering us.
叛军 快向基地报告
MAN: Rebels, we'd better report to the base.
(ENGINES ACCELERATING)
(GUN FIRING)
乔治要求我们提出想法
DENNIS: George was asking to come up with ideas
拍摄摩托追逐的连续镜头 让他有一些内容可以切入
for the sequence for the bike chase so he would have something to cut to.
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表