剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
他说要三分钟长
And you're looking at it like, you know, he said three minutes long.
这是大致的情节 但随便你怎么做
Here's what happens roughly, but do whatever you want.
好的
于是他决定拍摄一段动画
So he decided to shoot an animatic for that.
但成本很低 只用小玩偶
But just do it really cheap and with little dolls.
好 准备好了吗
MAN: Okay. Are we ready? Hey, Joe, can you pull cable on this?
乔 你能在上面拉绳子吗
九十五
Ninety-five.
在工业光魔反复试错是家常便饭
JOE: It was an awful lot of trial and error at ILM.
但对我来说 有很多正确的方法
But for me, there's always a lot of right ways to do it,
也有很多错误的方法
and there's a lot of wrong ways to do it.
也许 就像另一个镜头那样 如果我撞到了那辆车
Maybe, like we did in the other shot where if I hit that bike,
就会晃动你的手和摄影机
it moves your hand and the camera.
像受了震动
我会想 “最好的正确方法是什么”
And it's like, "What's the best right way to do it?"
开始
And, action.
这是直觉 不是逻辑
DENNIS: It's instinctive, it's not logic.
尽管我试图弄清楚 但这仍然无关逻辑
As much as I've tried to figure it out, it still really isn't logical.
你们能靠得更近吗
Can you get closer together?
特效工作真的很辛苦
s work is really grueling,
对每个人来说都很难 而且必须非常精确
and it's hard on everybody doing it and it has to be so precise.
但我真的非常享受这个过程
But there definitely is something in the process that I really enjoyed.
开始
Action.
(DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING)
我们用这个小动画指导最终的拍摄
We used this little animatic as our guide for the final shots.
(ENGINE ROARING)
我可以去看看每个角度 想出不同的方法
And I could go and look at each angle and come up with different ways
拍摄整个连续镜头
that we could shoot the whole sequence.
这样才更容易操控
And so it all became manageable.
(MUSIC CONTINUES)
-拍到了吗 -有了
-Got it? Do we have it? -Yep.
要再拍一次吗 还是可以了?
Wanna do one more? Or do we have it?
你说得对 可以了 下一个
-You're right, we've got it. Onward! -(LAUGHS)
我不知道还能做什么
I don't know what else we could do.
-好 太棒了 -完美 可以了
-Okay, terrific. -Well, perfect. That's it. Next shot.
-下一个镜头 -下一个镜头
《绝地归来》有900多个视觉特效镜头
Jedi, for its time, it had 900 and some visual effect shots.
理查德·埃德伦德 视觉特效总监
It was the most complicated color visual effects movie even conceived of.
是当时能构思出来的 最复杂的彩色视觉特效电影
但我认为随着工业光魔的发展 随着《帝国反击战》
But I think that as ILM evolved and as The Empire Strikes Back
和《绝地归来》的出现
and Return of the Jedi came along,
要保持工业光魔最初的那种特质
it got harder and harder to maintain that essence
越来越难 因为我们想不断重复
of what ILM was at the very beginning because we were trying to repeat it.
我们想要创造出更好的东西
We were trying to create something that was better.
我不想做了
And I had had enough. Man, I was burned out.
筋疲力尽了
《绝地归来》是个苦差事
RICHARD: Jedi was not fun.
完全是连轴转 我们破纪录地做完了
Jedi was nose to the grindstone, and we did it in record time.
后期的时候 有一段剪辑
KEN: Late in the game, there was cut of the movie,
乔治对其中的一些镜头不太满意
George wasn't thrilled with some of the sequences in it.
肯·拉斯顿 视觉特效总监
他重新剪辑 丢掉了很多镜头
And he re-cut and lost a lot of shots.
我觉得问题是 它太静态了
The problem I have with this is that it's too static.
我们必须采取措施
我们非常疲惫
KEN: We were pretty frayed.
硬逼着自己 按时完成了电影
Beating ourselves up anyway, just to get the movie done in time.
当我们的镜头被丢弃时 那种感觉让你沮丧
As our shots go into the toilet, the depressing feeling
让你火冒三丈
goes through you, then you get pissed off.
熬了这么多夜 加班加点…
Like, after all that work and these late nights...
大家的付出需要得到认可
People require recognition for what they're giving.
在《绝地》后 理查德·埃德伦德 选择离开 创办了博思电影公♥司♥
After Jedi, Richard Edlund chose to leave and start his own company, Boss Film.
罗丝·杜伊格南 制♥作♥总监
我觉得工业光魔变得太企业化了
It felt that ILM was becoming a little too corporate.
公♥司♥的组织方式 也不像以前那样有趣了
And the gestalt in the company was not as much fun as it as it used to be.
我们在《绝地归来》后 进行了一次大规模裁员
CHRISSIE: After Jedi, we did a really big layoff.
这真的很难
That was really difficult.
有些人再也没有回来
Some people never came back. Some people left earlier.
克里西·英格兰 制♥作♥部
有些人提前离开了
那是一段艰难的时期
So that was a difficult time.
打开灯 菲尔
Light it up. Okay, lights up, Phil.
但我们的基础还在
ROSE: But we still had the infrastructure.
我们还有乔治
We still had George.
还有丹尼斯 肯 和其他崭露头角的特效总监
We still had Dennis and Ken and other up-and-coming effects supervisors.
我们都知道一切会好起来
We all knew we'd be okay.
好 就在这里 大家都来这里
Good. Right here. Everybody, right here.
我不想把我的电影交给别人
STEVEN: There was nobody else I wanted to give my films to.
没有人像工业光魔那样让我信任
No one else I trusted as much as ILM.
我们合作了很多项目 拍了很多电影
We had a lot of work, and we were making a lot of movies.
《夺宝奇兵》《七宝奇谋》
Indiana Jones. Goonies.
《回到未来》系列
The Back to the Future films.
找工业光魔就对了
ILM was the place.
罗伯特·泽米吉斯 《回到未来》导演
I mean, there was just no discussion about it.
没什么好讨论的
你想做视觉效果 就找他们
You know, that's where you want to do your visual effects.
这里充满了能量 我们双方都有一样的心态
It was super charged with energy, and it was like a mutual kind of,
“做一些前所未有的东西”
"Yeah, let's do something that no one's ever seen before" attitude.
从80年代早期到中期 在拍摄电影《魔茧》的时候
RON HOWARD: In the early mid-'80s, when I was there working on Cocoon,
工业光魔的氛围
the vibe at ILM was this sort of
就像一种集♥合♥体…
intersection of a kind of loosey goosey intellectualism
朗·霍华德 《魔茧》导演
一种放松的追求知识的精神
不走寻常路的思维方式 一种焦虑的技术宅气质
and real outlier thinking, and enough angsty nerdy need
迫切想要加入某种事业
to sort of be a part of something that created
这创造了一种能量和创新力
a certain kind of energy, you know, of innovation.
我们刚刚完成《夺宝奇兵2》
JOE: We had just finished Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,
我约好和乔治谈谈
and I made an appointment to talk to George.
我说 “乔治 我不干了”
I said, "George, I'm done.
“我不想再画故事板了”
"I can't draw another storyboard.
“不想再看视觉特效了”
"I don't want to see another visual effect.
“我一直在挣钱都没时间花钱”
"You know, I'm gonna take some of this money that I haven't been able to spend
乔·约翰斯顿 美术部
"'cause we've been working back to back and I'm going to just...
“因为我们一直在连轴转”
"I'm going to travel the world
“我要去环游世界”
"and I'm going to see some stuff and go places."
“去外面看看 四处走走”
他沉默了一会儿
And he was silent for a bit.
我看得出来他在思考
He was thinking, I could see he was thinking.
他专注地想了想 说 “你想去电影学院吗?”
He was focused on something. He said, "Wouldn't you rather go to film school?"
我说 “乔治 我觉得过去十年 一直在电影学院深造”
And I said, "George, I feel like I've been in film school for the last ten years."
他说 “如果你想去南加州大学 我会给你付学费”
He said, "If you want to go to USC, I'll pay your tuition,
“给你保留一半的工资”
"I'll keep you on half salary,
“我保证你想上什么课都可以”
"and I'll see to it that you can take any classes you want."
你怎么可能拒绝这样的提议?
I mean, how could you turn down that kind of offer?
因为我在南加大拍的电影 我指导了 《亲爱的 我把孩子缩小了》
The film I made at USC got me the job on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
我有一种感觉 可能某一天
Now, I have a feeling that at some point,
乔治给迪士尼打了电♥话♥说 “这孩子能行”
George called Disney and said, "This kid can do it."
No! Don't eat me! (SCREAMING)
救命啊!不要吃我!
《亲爱的 我把孩子缩小了》 乔·约翰斯顿 1989年
-Aah! -(DOG BARKS)
我就在这下面
这真的太慷慨了
It was just generosity.
你该怎么回报呢?
I mean, how do you repay somebody for that?
我一直很珍视这份慷慨
And I have been able to take that
《火箭手》 乔·约翰斯顿 1991年
and parlay it into a pretty great career, in my opinion.
将其转化为
《野蛮游戏》 乔·约翰斯顿 1995年
一份出色的事业
《侏罗纪公园3》 乔·约翰斯顿 2001年
当我回顾自己做过的事 我感到非常幸运
I feel very fortunate when I look back at the things I've done.
《美国队长》 乔·约翰斯顿 2011年
我知道自己可以把视觉特效
And the fact that I know visual effects,
交给一个真正有才华的人
that's something that I can hand to a really talented guy,
我不必再担心了
and I don't have to worry about it anymore.
约翰·诺尔
JOHN: When I first heard about ILM, these were my heroes.
我第一次听说工业光魔的时候 他们就是我的偶像
也许有一天我会像这些人一样工作
You know, maybe someday I'll do work kind of like these guys.
欢迎来到安娜堡 中西部研究中心
我在安娜堡长大
I grew up in Ann Arbor.
父亲是密歇根大学的核工程教授
My dad was a nuclear engineering professor at the University of Michigan.
大家好 我是格伦·诺尔
Hello, I'm Glen Knoll, chairman of the Department
密歇根大学核工程系主任
of Nuclear Engineering at the University of Michigan.
我在一个科学家 工程师 和医学专家的家庭长大
JOHN: I grew up in a family of scientists, engineers and medical professionals.
我是个科幻宅男 但也喜欢做手工
I was a science fiction nerd, but I also like doing things with my hands.
我做过木工 粘土动画 模型
I did woodworking, clay animation, model making.
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表