剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
One was Harryhausen's Golden Voyage of Sinbad,
另一部是《星球大战》
the other one was Star Wars.
两部电影把我带到了不同的世界
Both of those films transported me into different worlds,
我想更多地了解 这是如何做出来的
and I want to know more about the process.
《星球大战艺术图典》
This is when they start to publish art books and "making of" books.
当时他们开始出版 艺术图书和“幕后制♥作♥”系列
杂♥志♥介绍了许多电影制♥作♥人 有史蒂夫·加利奇
Magazines where they actually showed you filmmakers like Steve Galich,
洛恩·皮特森 理查德·埃德伦德 肯·拉尔斯顿和丹尼斯·穆伦
and Lorne Peterson, Richard Edlund, Ken Ralston, and Dennis Muren.
And I saw all the artwork, the creativity, from Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston,
我看到了拉尔夫·麦夸里 和乔·约翰斯顿的画作与创造力
我当时想 “是这些人打造了那个世界”
and I was like, "Wow, these are the people doing the craft."
我以为他们接受过多年的训练
I thought they had trained for years to do this job.
其实他们对这个领域也很陌生
In reality, they were all very new to it as well.
And I thought, "Okay, there's hope for me."
我想 “好 我还有希望”
于是我走进地下室 开始搭建我的布景
And I went into the basement and started to create my sets
开始自学电影制♥作♥
and started learning about filmmaking on my own.
Model building, animation.
搭建模型 动画
我最终去了加州大学学习
I ended up at UCLA.
我最早有一部电影叫《思维阻断》
One of my first films was called Mental Block.
是一部四分钟的 实验性定格动画电影
It was a four-minute, experimental stop motion film
that I did sort of in my dorm room.
我基本上是在宿舍里完成的
(GRUNTING)
(LOUD RUMBLING)
(GROANS)
得了焦点奖第一名
And that won first place in the Focus Awards.
And the first prize was a car. And I was like, "Okay, fantastic."
一等奖是一辆汽车 我当时想 “好 太棒了”
我在大学就能赢一辆车 或许可以把电影当成职业
I got a car in college. Maybe filmmaking could be a career.
80年代中期 我在一家 叫做“数位制♥作♥”的公♥司♥工作
In the mid-1980s, I started working for a company called Digital Productions.
他们制♥作♥电影片名 标志动画 企业广♥告♥片
They were doing movie titles, flying logos, companies show IDs,
我学会了设计电脑绘图
and I learned how to design for computer graphics.
干了几年后 我居然得到了
Lasted a good several years, and then I actually got
工业光魔美术部的面试邀请
an invitation to interview for the ILM art department.
我搬出公♥寓♥ 收拾好所有东西
I moved out of my apartment, packed everything up,
我开车一路向北 我觉得这是一个难得的机会
and I drove north because I thought this was my foot in the door.
我必须全力以赴
I was gonna put it all in.
当时在场的有哪些关键人物?
Who are these key people who were there at that time?
People I'd seen when I was 15 years old in these documentaries,
是我15岁在纪录片里见过的人
我当时想 终于见到本尊了
I was like, here they were in person.
记得第一天走过走廊 我看到了这个身影
I remember the first day walking through the hallway, and I just saw this figure.
我知道他就是丹尼斯·穆伦 因为他是标志性人物
I knew it was Dennis Muren because he's so iconic
我看过很多他的照片 而我是工业光魔的新人
and I've seen so many pictures of him.
And me being the new kid at ILM, it was just like, wow!
感觉就像 哇!
你果然名不虚传
Okay, you do live up to your stature.
每个人都了解所有的项目
Everybody knew all the projects.
我们都参与彼此的日常工作 可以一起通力合作
We were all in everybody else's dailies, and we could all work together.
不管是《谁陷害了兔子罗杰》 还是《飞越长生》
Whether it was Roger Rabbit, or Death Becomes Her,
它们都非常不同 特效要求也都非常具体
they were all very different, and they were all very specific.
工业光魔就像是一个实验室
MARK: ILM was this laboratory experience in a sense,
because you're being asked to do things no one's ever done.
因为你要做的事 从没有人做过
我记得有一天丹尼斯说 “卡梅隆刚刚又打了电♥话♥”
I remember one day Dennis goes, "Jim Cameron just called again."
他想让我们做这一个 比《深渊》更复杂的东西
He wants us to do this thing, and this is a lot bigger than The Abyss.
拥有人形 却不是人类
你得签保密协议 才能坐进房♥间里
You had to basically sign something that you could sit down in a room here
when somebody was sort of out there
门口有人守着
waiting for you to finish reading the script.
直到你把整个剧本看完
流动物质
变色龙
人体
I remember reading it going, "How the hell are we gonna do this?"
我记得一边读一边想 “这到底该怎么做?”
我说 好吧 “我们得创造一个人类”
I said, "That's it, we have to build a human being."
在《终结者2》中
JAMES: In T2,
《终结者2》 审判日
I wanted to have a worthy adversary to Arnold's Terminator
我想为阿诺德扮演的终结者 安排一个旗鼓相当的对手
但要与他非常不同
but something so unlike him that it wasn't just two robots
詹姆斯·卡梅隆 《终结者2》导演
不仅仅是两个机器人在打拳击一样
doing, you know, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.
我想象出这种液态金属终结者
I imagined this kind of liquid metal terminator.
But the question was,
但问题是
“能把整部电影押在一个 表面柔软的电脑动画角色上吗”
"Can we hang the whole movie on a soft surface character with CG?"
如果丹尼斯说做不到 我就不会去做
If Dennis said we couldn't do it, I wasn't gonna do it.
我们做了一些测试 确保我们可以完成这项工作
DENNIS: We did some tests here to make sure that we could do the job,
我们可以让反光的金属人物 四处移♥动♥ 改变形状
that we could make a chrome figure move around, change shape.
我觉得很好玩 将这么一项…
It was kind of fun to be able to throw
巨大的挑战丢到他们面前 然后说…
such a huge challenge down in front of them and say,
“我们会资助你们开♥发♥大量新软件”
"We're gonna underwrite you to write a lot of new software,
“满足你们的需求”
"stuff that people have only been talking about,
“这部电影就交给你们了”
"and you're gonna do it on this movie."
A liquid metal man is a big leap from a water snake.
液态金属人相比于水蛇 又是一次巨大的飞跃
我们必须开♥发♥一种全新的方法
And we had to develop an entirely new approach
because even though it's not organic, it is supposed to embody
因为尽管它不是有机体 但它应该呈现出
T-1000的特征
the characteristics of the T-1000,
也就是演员 罗伯特·帕特里克的特征
which is actually the actor Robert Patrick.
这是一个令人激动的机会
It was such an exciting opportunity.
就算没有那个伪足生物 你也可以拍《深渊》
You probably could have made The Abyss without that pseudopod character
吉姆·莫里斯 工业光魔总经理 1991年-1993年
换一个方式讲故事就行
and figured out a way to tell the story.
但《终结者2》里的 液态合金角色必须成功
The polyalloy character in T2 had to work, right?
它必须成功
It had to work.
我们欣然接受了挑战 并没有夸下海口
DOUG: We really embraced the risk, not overpromising,
但有信心说 “我们在几个月后会有答案”
but knowing just enough to say, "We will get the answer months from now.
“现在我们还不知道会怎样 但我们会一起找到答案”
"We don't know what it is now, but we will find it together."
最让人担心的是 他们只有九个月
JAMES: They only had nine months, which was the scary part
来制♥作♥这些极其复杂的镜头
to do these really complicated shots.
他们必须研发新技术
They had to create the new technology,
然后付诸实践 按期完成
then they had to apply it and get it done on a schedule.
制♥作♥过程从蒋道格开始 他必须先设计外观
The process started with Doug Chiang, who has to first envision that look.
我们想要这个效果 去用3D技术做出来
Here's what we want, go. Go ahead and do it in 3D.
这就是用设计驱动技术进步
That's where design started to push the technology,
because I just want to go for the aesthetics, to come up with these things.
因为我设计这些东西 只是为了追求美感
我知道有很多电脑动画师
Knowing that there were going to be many computer graphics people
to figure out how to execute.
会找出具体的执行方法
为这部电影 我们分成五个小组
STEVE: In this film, we broke up into five teams.
我所在的小组
The one I was on,
要想办法用数据搭建T-1000
we had to figure out how to build the T-1000 in data.
我想 就用大自然的方式
So I figured, I'll do the way nature does it.
从骨骼 肌肉 肌腱开始 再把它包裹起来
Start with bones, muscles, tendons, vacuum wrap it,
and hopefully we get something that looks like a human.
希望能得到一个人形的东西
于是我们请来了罗伯特·帕特里克
So we had Robert Patrick come up here.
他得站在这个十字架装置上
MARK: He had to stand in this sort of crucifix device.
我们给他的身体画上网格
We put this grid on his body,
然后我们拍摄大量照片 来分♥析♥身体的肌肉组织
and then we shot lots of stills to analyze his physical musculature.
我想尝试模仿他的走路方式
STEVE: I wanted to try and mimic his walk,
但那时没有动作捕捉技术 我们用两台
but this is pre-motion capture, so we shot him with two
高速摄影机 从正面和侧面同步拍摄他
VistaVision division cameras synced both from the front and from the side.
马克开始担任视效总监助理
Mark started being more assistant visual effects supervisor.
他在片场工作
He was on set.
我决定专注于
I decided to concentrate on the Robert Patrick form,
马克·迪贝 工业光魔特效主管助理
罗伯特·帕特里克的体形
因为罗伯特就是T-1000
because Robert is the T-1000.
我们要研究他的身体
We're gonna study his body.
我们要观察他的动作
We're gonna watch his movements.
他走路和跑步的方式 他的行为举止
The way he walks, the way he runs, the way he behaves.
我们要捕捉所有这些东西 来建立他的动作数据库
JIM: We're gonna capture all this stuff to build a database of his movements.
他的步态有点奇怪
He had a little tiny bit of a weird gait.
史蒂夫注意到他有一点点跛
He had a little bit of a limp that Steve caught
我们复♥制♥了这个特征
and we kind of replicated it and put it into
将其融入角色动画
the animation of that character
体现在他的液体金属状态中
when he was, you know, in full polyalloy form.
那就是载入历史的一刻
That's the moment. That's the moment in history.
我们看到了希望 从《深渊》的16个电脑动画镜头
We've seen the light and we went from 16 CG shots on The Abyss to 42
到《终结者2》的42个镜头 而我们还处于过渡阶段
in T2, and we were in this transitional phase
仍在制♥作♥实体特效
where we're still doing stuff of practical effects.
同时也使用电脑动画
while we were doing stuff with CG and getting them to meet in the middle.
需要将两者融合起来
I brought my friend Stan Winston to do some of the effects,
我请朋友斯坦·温斯顿 来制♥作♥一些特效
实体特效
the practical gags.
(EXPLOSIONS)
(CHUCKLES) So that was our team.
这就是我们的团队
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表