剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
"I want Toht's face to melt."
但我不知道要怎么做
But I have no idea how to melt a face.
我把这个问题留给 工业光魔的天才们
I leave it to the geniuses at ILM.
为了这个镜头 史蒂文多次修改故事板
Steven had had it storyboarded several times.
乔·约翰斯顿 美术部
And he wasn't happy with how it was turning out.
但还是对效果不满意
他给了我三组故事板
He gave me three separate sequences of storyboards.
他说 “我喜欢这个想法 还有另一组里的这个想法”
He said, "You know, I like this idea, and I like this idea from this one.
“把它们连成一组镜头”
"Make one sequence out of it.
“你想怎么做就怎么做” 这真的很有趣
"And then just do whatever you want," which was great fun.
(MARION WHIMPERING)
等等
Wait.
我什么都说
I'll tell you everything.
当然 我知道你会说
Yes, I know you will.
(SCREAMING)
托特 这是他的头 最后只剩下这个
RICHARD: Toht, here's his head, this is what's left.
我们在头骨基础上塑造出肌肉
Basically, this skull, we sculpted the muscles and the different layers
和脸部的不同层次
of what would actually be in the face
我们用的这种藻酸盐凝胶 是牙医用来给牙齿翻模的
out of this dental alginate, the thing, the stuff that the dentist uses
使用加热灯后
to take molds of your teeth. And using the heat lamp
凝胶就会受热融化
and by putting heat on this alginate, it naturally melts.
每秒拍摄一帧
And by shooting at one frame a second,
看起来它似乎融化了 但你看不到凝胶滴下来
it appears to melt, but you don't see all the drops.
这是一个惊人的特效镜头
I mean, it was like an unbelievable effect shot, you know.
开始
Now!
(SCREAMING)
工业光魔为所做的特效
STEVEN: The ILM portion of Raiders
给我留下了深刻的印象
made a lasting impression on me.
我明白在以后的职业生涯中 我都想继续与他们合作
And I knew instantly I really wanted to work with ILM for the rest of my career.
最佳视觉特效的获奖者是 理查德·埃德伦德
In the category of visual effects, the winners are Richard Edlund,
基特·威斯特、布鲁斯·尼科尔森 和乔·约翰斯顿 《夺宝奇兵》
Kit West, Bruce Nicholson, and Joe Johnston for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
-谢谢 -谢谢
-Thank you. -Thank you.
那是一个不起眼的地方 却汇集了一群才华横溢的人
KATHLEEN: It was a nondescript place, but it was full of exceptional people.
我们都非常了解彼此
And we all got to know each other quite well
因为我们经常在那里住四五个月
because we often live up there for four or five months.
好的
-你先走 -谢谢
这些人成了你的家人
You know, these people become your family.
我们经常去那里 我们会在7月4日野餐
We would go up there a lot, and we would be at the 4th of July picnic.
我们一起度过了很多时间
We spent a lot of time together.
这里真的像一个大家庭
CHRISSIE ENGLAND: It really was a family environment.
氛围特别好 我喜欢去工作
It was a great atmosphere. I loved going to work.
克里西·英格兰 制♥作♥部
我喜欢待在那里
I loved being there.
和大家一起工作 并肩作战
Working with the crew, people side by side.
DENNIS MUREN: And they had parties that were for crews and everything, all of us.
他们会为员工举办聚会
这里的人有一种特质 一种精神
There was just something here about the people and the spirit.
丹尼斯·穆伦 视觉特效总监
这是艺术和技术的融合
The mixture of art and technology.
我们一直努力尝试
And we were always pushing to try to come up
用各种方法制♥作♥出 令人惊叹的镜头
with some other way to make just amazing shots.
让效果看起来更新奇 更真实
So that it would look fresher, more realistic.
《屠龙记》 马修·罗宾斯 1981年
很罕见的是 这样一家公♥司♥ 竟然由一位电影导演主导
It's a rare thing to have a company like this that's supported by a film director.
我最深的印象就是敬畏
KATHLEEN: What I remember more than anything was just being in awe
对于在那里工作的人 以及我们谈论的内容
of the people who work there and the conversations we would have.
那是一种不可思议的感觉 无论你有什么想法
And that incredible feeling when all you've got is an idea
只要你敢想 他们都能做到
of something that you think could happen
无论我们正在制♥作♥什么电影 都令人兴奋和激动
and be exciting and thrilling in whatever movie we were working on.
(GASPS)
-(SCREAMING) -(E.T. EXCLAIMING IN FEAR)
Stop! Stop!
停!不要!停下来!
Stop!
《E.T.外星人》是我第一次
E.T. was pretty much, you know, that was my first time
与史蒂文密切合作
working really close with Steven.
我始终认为 这部片子很依赖图像
The show was, I always thought it was a very pictorial show.
史蒂文希望在视觉上带给人美感
Steven wanted these beautiful moments visually.
所以我要确保 在拍自行车时
So I made sure that when we were doing the bicycles,
或者飞船降落的地点
if they had effects in them or whatever,
or the landing site of the ship coming down
或者任何有特效的场景 都好像是…
or anything that was an effect, that it looked like it was shot
在一天中最完美的时间拍摄的 所有效果都要增强一点
at the perfect time of day, with everything amped up a little bit.
颜色稍微提亮一点 背光稍微强了一点
The colors are a little bright, you know, the back light's a little too strong...
让一切散发出光芒
That it's just got this glow to it.
我们的预算不是很充裕
We didn't have a lot of money to spend,
显然我们大部分的钱都花在
and obviously we're spending most of our money
探索如何创造外星人的角色
figuring out how we're going to create the character of E.T.
但是自行车的起飞和降落
But the takeoff and the landing of the bikes,
我们还没弄清楚怎么做 就已经没钱了
we were trying to figure out how to do and we were out of money.
于是我打电♥话♥给丹尼斯
And so I called Dennis and I said, "All right,
“我们必须想想办法”
"you know, we've got to figure this out,
“因为我们没法把这个加入特效预算”
"'cause we can't add this to the effects budget."
他说 “那我们就用穷♥人♥的办法”
And he said, "Well, we should just do really poor man's process kind of thing.
“我们就把绳子绑在自行车上”
"You know, we'll just tie ropes to the bikes,
“把它们从镜头前拉过去”
"and we'll just pull them through the shot."
我们真的把自行车…
(LAUGHING) Well, we literally pulled the bikes through the frame.
拉过去了
(E.T. SOUNDTRACK MUSIC PLAYING)
丹尼斯从来不会
KATHLEEN: Dennis never would just push something
仅仅因为可以做到
as the shot or how to do the shot,
就一定要那么拍
just because it could be done.
他总是为故事服务
He always was in service to the story.
我希望能够从拍摄的镜头中 感受到一些意义
DENNIS: I just looked for a way to be able to feel something back from the shot.
这个镜头有活力吗
Does the shot have energy?
这是这艘船的最佳视角吗
Is that the best view of the ship?
它看起来够宏大吗
I mean, does it look majestic?
Ah-ha!
-还有最佳视觉特效奖 -最佳视觉特效
-And the category for Best Visual s. -Best Visual s.
获奖者是卡洛·兰巴尔迪
The winners are Carlo Rambaldi,
丹尼斯·穆伦和肯尼斯·史密斯 《E.T.外星人》
Dennis Muren, and Kenneth F. Smith for E.T.
(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
非常感谢 史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格的出色指导
Thank you very much, Steven Spielberg, for excellent direction.
谢谢 史蒂文
MAN: Thanks, Steven.
卡洛·兰巴尔迪、丹尼斯·穆伦、肯尼斯·史密斯 《E.T.外星人》
在那之后 我们几乎所有事情 都和丹尼斯或理查德合作
KATHLEEN: After that time, almost everything we did
was either with Dennis or Richard.
我觉得 丹尼斯更像是 一个哲学家 一个梦想家
For me, Dennis is more a philosopher, more of a dreamer.
他会静静观察事情 然后提出建议
He kind of sits back and sees things and make suggestions,
理查德是个行动派
whereas Richard is the doer.
他会冲在前面
He's on the set. He's there. He's framing.
积极主动 不遗余力
他会说 “试试这个”
He's saying, "Try this, run in."
他们一个柔 一个刚
So one's soft and one's sort of hard, I would say.
理查德和丹尼斯就像孩子
Richard and Dennis are kids.
这就像你和一群 你喜欢的孩子一起玩
And it's just like hanging around a gang of kids you love,
一起变老 一起长大
you want to grow old with, you want to grow up with.
丹尼斯的性格很像E.T.外星人
And Dennis, his nature is very E.T.-like.
理查德的性格更像 《鬼驱人》里的角色
And Richard's nature is very, very Poltergeist-like.
《鬼驱人》 托比·霍珀 1982年
They're here.
他们来了
(LAUGHS) Richard loves scary movies,
理查德喜欢恐怖电影
史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格 合作编剧、制♥作♥人
and he loves creating scares. He's so great at it.
他喜欢制♥造♥惊吓
他很擅长这个
他有着邪恶的想象力
He has a diabolical imagination
绝对能让银幕上的东西吓到你
when it comes to putting things on the screen that will scare you.
-(ROARS) -(SCREAMING)
(OBJECTS SHATTERING)
(SCREAMING)
那是一个很棒的项目 我每天都在片场
That was a great project, and I was on the set every day.
理查德·埃德伦德 视觉特效总监
理查德和我相处得很好
FRANK: Richard and I got along very well.
每个视觉特效总监 都像是一个小导演
You know, each visual effects supervisor is like a mini director,
弗兰克·马歇尔 制片人
他们身边有自己的团队
and they have their team around them.
我们没时间提前做任何设计 所以我们开始工作时…
RICHARD: We didn't have time to do any design work up front,
so we went into the movie
不知道接下来要拍什么视觉效果
not knowing what we were going to shoot next for visual effects.
有很多视觉特效 是和物理特效结合的
There were a lot of visual effects that were combined with the physical effects.
(ALL SCREAMING)
救命!
(SCREAMING)
我们做了这个食道 用弹力绳把它悬挂起来
LORNE: We made this esophagus and it was all suspended with bungee cord,
还有富有弹性的橡胶悬挂
and all flexible pieces of rubber and all that stuff.
洛恩·彼得森 模型工作室
保罗·休斯顿 模型工作室
And Paul Huston made this device with a keyboard like a piano,
保罗·休斯顿制♥作♥了这个设备 键盘就像钢琴一样
可以让食道起伏波动
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表