剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
in the computer's ability to create lifelike creatures.
He believed that the linearity, the perfectness,
他相信电脑那种线性的
完美的数学属性
the mathematical aspect of computers
makes them create things that have that characteristic,
只能创造出相同属性的东西
比如液态金属人之类
and things like the liquid metal man.
Get out.
出去
而活的 会呼吸的生物
Whereas living, breathing creatures do unexpected things,
行为总是会出人意料 不会表现出你想要的样子
don't behave the way you want when they trip or break their leg.
当它们绊倒 摔断腿时
会弄得血肉模糊
It looks all ugly and messed up.
他在理念上反对我们的方法
He was sort of philosophically against that approach.
他看待这个东西就像
He was dealing with this thing that he saw as being,
看待伏地魔 电脑很邪恶
you know, a Voldemort. Computers, right?
我看到他在电脑上工作
You know, I'd see him there working on the computer
用鼠标之类的那些东西
with the mouse and all this stuff and just... (MUTTERING)
我想象的画面就像
And what I visualized was like, you'd be saying,
“假设你是个牛仔”
"Okay, well, if you're a cowboy
“你有两把左轮手♥枪♥ 试试把那个铁皮罐”
"and you have two six-guns, let's see you shoot that tin can
“从三十米外的柱子上打下来” 他们就像这样…
"off that post 100 feet away." And they go like...
(MIMICKING GUNSHOTS)
我问 “你为什么不开枪?”
I was like, "Well, why didn't you shoot the can?
“我没有子弹 但我招式很棒”
"Well, I don't have any bullets." (LAUGHING) "But I do this really well."
So what happened then is now
所以当时的情况就是
这个项目正式立项了 作为工业光魔的实验项目
the project became official, as in sort of an experiment at ILM.
Obviously, Dennis had talked to Spielberg about it,
当然 丹尼斯已经 和斯皮尔伯格谈过了
工业光魔悄悄得到了更多的资金
and so more money had secretly come to ILM,
他们想让我们做出整套皮肤
and we find out that they want us to build the whole skin.
我听丹尼斯·穆伦说
I have heard Dennis Muren say that the view paint,
珍·博尔特 数位美术师
the texture painting, was the thing that made the transformation for Jurassic.
纹理绘画是《侏罗纪公园》 项目转向的关键
画一只恐龙需要六个月的时间
It took a long time, I think it was six months to paint one dinosaur.
They originally had planned to do much more of the texturing of the animals,
他们原本计划用电脑 对动物纹理做更多的
卡罗琳·伦杜 数位美术师
procedurally with the computer by saying, "Here is a pattern.
程序化处理 比如用一个图案
在动物身上不断复♥制♥这个图案
"Repeat this pattern all over the animal."
但问题是重复度太高
But the problem with that is that it was too repetitious,
太机械化了
it was too machine-like.
我们非常需要更多的艺术自♥由♥
We really needed some more artistic freedom.
斯蒂芬·范梅尔 计算机图形总监
So we went back to designing skin texture
所以我们回过头来 重新设计皮肤纹理
采用凹凸贴图和颜色贴图
to actually bump maps and color maps, where an artist would actually go in
让美术师把纹理画到恐龙上
and paint those onto the creatures.
CAROLYN: This is the wire frame on the T. rex.
这是霸王龙的线框图
这是交给我们上色的模型
This is how the model comes to us before it's painted.
Once this wire model is made, its skin...
线框模型完成后 有了皮肤
And then I put the color on the model.
我就可以给模型上色
This is exactly how I would go in and paint.
这就是我上色的方式
我会选择颜色 从头到脚
I would choose my colors and I painted him from toe to nose
上三遍色 然后以此为基础
three times, and then went in and did lot of touch-up work
大量修饰润色
on top of that.
当它足够完善以后
When the thing could tell a story, and it could,
恐龙就有了鳞片 纹理和颜色
the dinosaurs could have the scale, pattern, and the color...
That was the tremendous leap forward about Jurassic Park.
那是《侏罗纪公园》的巨大飞跃
So we got a sixth scale T. rex model that Stan Winston had built,
我们拿到了斯坦·温斯顿 建造的1:6霸王龙模型
然后我们在工作室里 小心翼翼地把它切开
and then we cut it up very carefully in our shop.
我们的能工巧匠可以做到 切得很完美
We got these wizards that can do anything like that, perfect.
这些模块要足够小
And it's in these sections small enough
能放进蒙特雷的激光扫描仪里
to put into the laser scanner that existed down in Monterey.
我们去了一家提供三维扫描技术的公♥司♥
We went down to a company called Cyberware.
只有他们有三维扫描仪
They had the only three-dimensional scanner.
And it would extract the data into a polygonal data set.
能将数据提取到多边形数据集里
多边形数据集是90度十字截面 就像一艘船
Now, polygonal data sets are 90 degree crosshair section, like a ship, okay,
但没有轮廓线 所以你不能直接做动画
but there's no contour to it, so you can't have proper animation.
因此我们必须重建所有数据 获得正确的轮廓线
So from that we had to rebuild all the data to have the proper contour.
Then we hooked on all the skin data from the skin artists.
然后我们把美术师给的 所有皮肤数据放上去
Then did the first walking,
然后是第一次行走测试
按照白天的环境完全渲染 花了我们大约四个月时间
fully rendered in daylight shot, which took us about four months to do.
And Dennis went and shot a plate, I think might even been a still in the end.
丹尼斯去拍了一张背景照片 我想甚至可能是片场剧照
这是我能想到的最难的设计 使用静态视角
DENNIS: I picked the hardest design I could come up with,
which was just a static view
of the T. rex in broad daylight, walking right toward you.
让霸王龙在全日光环境下 正面朝你走来
巨大的身形笼罩着你 史蒂夫·威廉斯制♥作♥了动画
Big, looming above you, and Steve Williams animated it,
斯蒂芬·范梅尔负责打光
Stefen Fangmeier did the lighting on it.
在这个测试中你能看到 每一个可能发生的错误
Every opportunity to see anything wrong, you were going to see in this test.
我们不想隐藏任何缺陷
We weren't trying to hide anything.
史蒂夫·威廉斯邀请我 参加最早的试映会之一
JEAN: Steve Williams invited me for one of the very earliest screenings
在C楼观看霸王龙测试
in the C building of the T. rex test.
我当时在放映室里
And I was in this perceived screening room... I think Dennis,
只有丹尼斯和少数几个人 我很幸运能参加
and a handful of people, and I knew that I was lucky to be there.
这将是一个非常有趣的时刻 但我还不知道
This was going to be a very interesting moment, but I had no idea.
看到那些小测试是一回事
It's one thing to see little tests,
看到呈现在银幕上是另一回事
you know, it's another thing to see it rendered on the screen.
(FILM REEL ROLLING)
And the T. rex comes thundering across the screen and it's fully painted.
霸王龙迈着大步在银幕上出现 皮肤已经完全上好了颜色
它还处于早期阶段 但已经活灵活现
I mean, it's still early days, but there it was in the scene.
And to watch that T. rex coming across the screen...
看着那只霸王龙冲过屏幕
I knew that at that moment, I knew that visual effects
在那一刻 我知道视觉特效
将会天翻地覆
would never be the same again.
测试成功了 而且一瞬间
The thing worked, and just instantly, it's like, everything worked.
感觉一切都成功了
动画 设计 灯光都可以
The animation worked, the design, the lighting worked.
合成可以 它站在地上的重量感可以
The comp worked, the sense of it being standing on the ground worked,
模糊效果也很好 全都不错 因为这些家伙都很棒
the blurring on it worked. All this stuff, because these guys are all terrific.
直到那一刻 我们在模型室
Up until really that moment, everything that we were doing
为恐龙模型所做的一切 菲尔出色的定格动画
in the model shop to create a dinosaur, Phil's beautiful stop motion work
还有斯坦·温斯顿公♥司♥创造的一切
and the stuff that Stan Winston's company created...
they were all bound by gravity.
都被重力约束着
你必须想办法支撑模型
You had to have a way to support that thing
用线 杆子或手偶什么的
with your wires or a pole or a hand puppet or something.
And all of a sudden I realized
突然间我意识到
这个模型可以存在于任何地方 可以做任何事情
that this could exist anywhere and it could do anything.
我在C楼放映室和一小群人 一起见证了这一切
And I was witnessing it with a small group of people in the C screening room,
我几乎虚脱了
going almost weak, you know,
感到叹为观止 我永远不会忘记那一刻
with the amazement of it. I'll never forget that.
They did the stained glassman for Young Sherlock and water snake thing
他们为《少年福尔摩斯》做过彩色玻璃人
《深渊》的水蛇和《终结者2》 我一直都认为…
in The Abyss and Terminator 2, and I had always kind of thought
电脑很适合做这些虚构的东西
well, yeah, the computer is great for these hallucinogenic things
但做一个活生生 会呼吸的生物 你就自求多福吧
but good luck doing a living, breathing creature.
直到他给我看了 要给斯皮尔伯格看的最终镜头
Until he showed me the final shot that they were going to show Spielberg,
and it was like... Whoops! (LAUGHING) Okay.
我当时就…
好吧
我记得菲尔的反应是
My memory of Phil is he's kind of going, "Okay, it looks pretty good."
“好吧 看着还不错”
但就是一只恐龙走几步而已
But, you know, that's just a dinosaur, kind of taking a few steps,
他还是觉得不过如此
you know, so he was still kind of like, okay, and but he's,
但你不能说它很差
you know, you can't say, it sucks.
房♥间里的每个人都震惊了 你不能否认…
Everyone in the room's going holy (BLEEP), you can't.
你必须接受这个真♥相♥
You've got to, like, accept the truth of what it is.
SPAZ: Then Dennis brought down the film with Tippett
然后丹尼斯带着片子 和蒂佩特一起
向斯皮尔伯格展示 结果突然
to show Steven Spielberg, and, boom, comes on Kathleen Kennedy.
凯瑟琳·肯尼迪就来了
This isn't a very long piece of film that we're putting up.
我们当时看的片子并不长
很快就放完了
It's pretty quick.
那是一只完成渲染的行走的霸王龙
It was a fully rendered walking T. rex, and they saw it and they flipped out.
他们看完都惊呆了
我们都跳了起来
All of us leapt to our feet. I mean, literally leapt to our feet.
真的从椅子上跳起来
I had a kind of religious experience,
我当时感觉就像一个信徒
and probably the greatest epiphany
猛然间彻底顿悟
就在我自己制♥作♥电影的世界中
I've ever experienced in my own world of making movies.
That was the moment that I suddenly saw
就在那一刻 我突然意识到
一切都将改变
that everything was going to change.
Not just my movie was going to be a better movie,
不只是我的电影会变得更好
but the entire world was going to follow in the footsteps
整个世界都将群起效仿
丹尼斯·穆伦 菲尔·蒂佩特 和工业光魔实现的成果
of what Dennis Muren and Phil Tippett and ILM were bringing to Jurassic Park.
这将彻底改变我们所有人
It was going to change everything for all of us
以及世界各地的观众
and for audiences everywhere.
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表