剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表
有两条主线
There are two big threads of
蓬勃发展的数位技术
digital technology that have blossomed up, you know.
吉姆·莫里斯 工业光魔总裁 1994-2005年
The big effects ones and then the ones that every film can use a little bit of,
包括那些大型特效 也包括每部电影都能用的少量特效
很多时候你甚至都看不出来
and you don't even know there's stuff there a lot of the time.
《地下铁道》 巴里·詹金斯 2021年
When I came to do The Underground Railroad, I thought,
我刚开始拍《地下铁道》时 心想…
巴里·詹金斯 《地下铁道》导演
"I don't want CGI trains, I don't want CGI tunnels."
“我不要电脑合成的列车和隧♥道♥”
It would be a tragedy if you're watching this thing,
那太糟糕了 如果你看见一个东西…
最引起你注意的 是这个东西人造痕迹太重
and the thing you notice most is the artifice of the creation.
所以我觉得一种真实感
So I felt like there was a degree of realism
that we wanted to approach.
是我们必须追求的
工业光魔和所有这些优秀艺术家
ILM and all these wonderful artists
有能力真正让一个画面
are capable of really taking this image to this place
摆脱人造痕迹 呈现出真实感
beyond artifice to this place of realism.
I love that some people watch The Underground Railroad,
有些观众在看《地下铁道》时
看到10个小时的列车和烈火
which is 10 hours of trains and fire,
他们会说 “没怎么用视觉特效吧?”
and they go, "Yeah, and there's very few visual effects, right?"
我心想 “谢谢”
I'm like... (CHUCKLING) "Thank you.
"And I would tell the folks at ILM,
“我会转告工业光魔的人”
"You said that, but there are tons of effects, tons of effects."
“但其实里边有无数特效”
有时候你会想告诉大家
Sometimes you want it to be, this is going to be
你绝对没看过这么棒的画面
the best thing you're ever going to see.
有时候你想不露神色
Sometimes you want to be like nothing to see here.
我的天 太棒了
Oh, my God, that's so great.
但归根到底 这是种障眼法游戏
But at the end of the day, it's a big shell game, right?
所以你在表演障眼法时 核心其实是故事本身
So sometimes it's the story you're telling when you're moving the shells around.
ROB: Just doing something that's impossible
过去只要做一些不可能发生的事情 就足以打动观众
used to be enough to impress somebody.
现在作品的驱动力必须是某种…
Now, the driving force has to be something
与故事叙述本身更有内在联♥系♥的东西
that's more intrinsically tied to the storytelling,
罗布·布雷多 工业光魔CEO
and the parts of the story you really care about.
还有故事中你真正关心的部分
因为魔术本身
Because just the magic trick on its own,
人们已经知道了它的原理 或者他们至少自认为知道
people either know how it's done, or they at least think they know how it's done.
我们关注的是人
We care about humans.
我们确实喜欢这些数位技术和视觉特效
We think we like all of this digital stuff and this visual effects stuff,
这很有趣 但归根结底…
and it's interesting, but at the end of the day
观众真正要看的是一个人
you really got to see another human.
所以我们想搭建更多现场的场景
ROB: So we wanted to bring more of the environment, live on set,
这样演员就有了真实的反应 摄像机也能捕捉到真实的情景
so the actors had to act against and the camera could actually see it.
《曼达洛人》 2019年
《曼达洛人》是一个绝佳的机会
And The Mandalorian was really the opportunity
让我们得以把所有这些想法
where we got to take all those ideas...
and build it out at the largest scale.
以最大的规模呈现出来
技术是现成的 使用新的硬件设备
The technology was there. Using newly available hardware,
这些高速的游戏显卡 性能绝佳的屏幕
these fast video cards for gaming, these really good screens,
还有动作捕捉技术
and motion capture technology, so you had positional data on the camera.
让你掌握了在摄影机的位置数据
我们制♥作♥了环幕布景
We made what we called the volume.
Because that's what they call a motion capture volume.
这是动作捕捉舞台的名称
不是我们创造的 我们只是沿用这个词
It wasn't like we coined it. We were just using that term.
ROB: And the basic idea is, what if you had a perfect screen
基本想法是 如果你有一个完美的屏幕
几乎360度围绕着你 包括你上方和四周
that surrounded you almost 360 degrees above you and all of your sides
你可以在这面墙上呈现 任何你想创建的数位环境
and you could make any digital environment that you wanted to create on that wall.
上千块这样的小屏幕组成了无缝的墙
It's thousands of these small patches that make up a seamless wall,
效果真的很神奇
and it's really kind of amazing.
根本看不出来有很多块小屏幕
You can't even tell that they're individual screens.
肉眼和摄影机看去都是一个完整的表面
It's just a continuous surface to your eye and to the camera.
It turned it from a system of having to do blue screen
以前所有东西都必须做蓝幕…
或绿幕合成
or green screen composites on everything to a system
现在你看到什么 拍出来就是什么
where what you see on the day is what you get in the show.
You can be anywhere in the world.
你可以到世界任何地方
如果你有一天想去冰岛
So if you want to be in Iceland one day, and you want to be in the desert the next,
后一天你想在去沙漠
您只要单击按钮就能在这些位置之间切换
you can literally change between those locations with a button click
用一台电脑驱动整个环幕布景
back at the computer that's driving the volume.
这套体系的关键之处在于
The real trick to what we're doing is that
当摄影机在环幕布景内移♥动♥时
as the camera moves inside of this volume,
蕾切尔·罗斯 工业光魔研发部
布景本身周围都有小摄像机
there are little cameras all around the volume itself
在关注它的移♥动♥方向
that are paying attention to where it's moving,
然后校正屏幕上的图像
and then correcting the image on the screen
确保摄影机拍到的图像 有正确的透视关系
so that the perspective of the image that is being seen by the camera is correct.
视差锁定得非常完美
The parallax is locked in it perfect. Your brain tells you it's real.
你的大脑觉得这是真的
Half the set might be made practically, real props on the set,
一半的布景是实际制♥作♥的真实场景
他们会以数位方式向远处延伸
extend that off into the distance digitally,
当你通过摄影机看时
and when you look at it through the camera,
看起来就像是完全真实的
it just looks like it's completely real.
摄影师非常喜欢 因为你可以自己构图
JON: The cinematographer loved it because you could actually compose your own shots.
不用后期依靠合成师处理
You weren't trusting it later to a cop artist.
我记得影业来了一个人
I remember the guy from the studio came
他说 “我以为你们不会搭建布景”
and he says, "I thought you weren't building a set.
“我以为我们已经安装了屏幕”
"I thought we already, we installed the screens.
“我们投入了那么多钱”
"We invested all that money."
我心想 “那只是桌子”
And I was like, "That's just the desk.
(LAUGHS) "That's just the desk and some boxes."
“那只是桌子和一些箱子”
他没意识到我们在环幕布景里
He didn't realize that we were in the volume.
这一切都是投映出来的
It was all projected.
DEBORAH: The first day I went in for an interview, actually, for Mandalorian,
我去面试《曼达洛人》的第一天
I didn't even know what I was going to the meeting for.
黛博拉·周 导演
我甚至不知道具体项目是什么
And then Jon walked in,
然后乔恩走进来
我当时想 “之前完全没人告诉我”
and I was like, "Oh." (CHUCKLES) "Nobody had told me this at all."
不到五分钟 我就戴上了VR设备
And then within five minutes, I was in a VR headset,
在《曼达洛人》布景中飞来飞去
flying around one of the sets for Mandalorian,
那是个早期布景原型
one of the early prototypes.
乔恩后来告诉我
Jon told me later actually that it was also his way of kind of seeing
他是想借机看看
我的适应速度有多快 和我对技术的熟悉程度
how quickly I would adapt to it or how techie I was, basically.
这对我来说真的很简单
It was really quite simple for me
因为我玩了很多PlayStation游戏
because I had played enough PlayStation in my life
手柄非常相似 所以我很快就掌握了
that the controllers are very similar, so I got it pretty fast.
Mandalorian was a very different process for me
《曼达洛人》对我来说 是一个非常不同的项目
与我参与过的电视剧完全不同
because it was like no TV show that I'd ever worked on.
We were working very closely with all the ILM team, right from the get-go,
我们从一开始就与所有 工业规模团队密切合作
包括我们的表达方式 如何构建场景
about how we're articulating things, how we're building sets.
所有人的合作方式是我从未见过的
So everybody had to collaborate in a way that I've never seen happen before.
一是因为技术的要求
Just because the nature of the technology
二是大家需要相互了解对方的工作
and the dependence of people knowing what each other are doing.
比如布景装饰做了一些东西
Like, you'd have something like, set dec creating something,
随后需要拍摄出来
but then it has to be photographed
因为要用在环幕布景里
because it'll be on the volume and you've got it both
它既是实体元素也是视效元素
as a practical element and a visual effects element.
KATHLEEN: What's happening with something like the volume
运用环幕布景
拍摄《曼达洛人》的方式 是将后期处理提前
and what we're doing with Mandalorian is by taking that post process,
the creation of those images that usually we wouldn't see
凯瑟琳·肯尼迪 卢卡斯影业总裁
以往我们制♥作♥的特效图像
在拍摄完几个月后才能看到
until months after shooting,
现在可以移到流程的开头
and moving that to the beginning of the process.
好 大家请保持安静 开始重放
WOMAN: All right, nice and quiet all around, please, here we go.
And play back!
KATHLEEN: With actors who are being directed by the director,
演员们在导演的指导下
能身临其境地看到场景
with something they can see and actually experience,
就像又回归到实景的电影制♥作♥
I think you're getting back to real filmmaking.
当你让所有部门投入制♥作♥
ROB: When you get all the departments working on something
你镜头里当天的拍摄内容 你汇集了专业的电影制♥作♥过程
that you have in camera on the day, you bring back the expertise
也得到了很多奇妙的机遇
to the filmmaking process on the day and you get these wonderful coincidences.
罗布·布雷多 工业光魔CEO
你有了更多的可能性 因为你在当天拥有了一切组合
You get opportunities because you have everything there on the day.
因为你必须提前做出决定
Because you have to make decisions up front,
琳文·布伦南 卢卡斯影业 总经理
将视觉效果技术和工具
and you're using visual effects techniques and tools
用于主摄制阶段
as part of your principal photography,
所以拍摄流程改变了 你必须做出非常明智的决定
it changes the process, and you do have to be very judicious with your decisions.
我认为这实际上带来了更好的结果
And I actually think that that ends up with a better end result.
剧集 | 光影与魔法(2022) | 导航列表