However, robbery does not appear to be the motive.
逮捕这个人时有什麽问题吗?
Was there any problem in the arrest of this person?
就我所知没有
None that I'm aware of.
朗恩霍夫曼警探负责调查此桉
Detective Ron Hoffman is put in charge of the investigation.
你知道他当时发生什麽事吗?
Do you have any idea what happened to him?
他正要离开他的公♥寓♥...他正要离开
He was leaving his apartment-- He was leaving
停在前门的一辆豪华轿车...正要回家
a limousine in front of the-- arriving at home,
他在公♥寓♥的门廊从背后遭到枪击
and he was shot from behind in the vestibule of his apartment.
请你说大声点 - 不清楚原因吗?
Talk louder, please. - No I-- No idea why?
没有发生口角吗? - 目前所知没有
No altercation? - Not at this time.
我们从来不用“主责警探”这个词
We never use that term, "the lead detective."
你们在电视上很常听到这个词
You hear that on TV all the time.
我们只称我为分配到此桉的人
We just referred to me as the guy that caught the case.
(纽约市警探,朗恩霍夫曼)
要是办桉不顺,就是我的错
And if it goes bad, it's my fault.
传言说有共犯
There was the talk of a second suspect.
那说法是真的吗? - 我不知道,我...
Is that-- Is there anything to that? - I don't know. I--
你说是个年轻男子,多年轻?
You said a young boy. Well, how young?
你们一直缠着我问问题,我并不知情
You're badgering me. I don't really know.
抱歉,我们只是... - 我不知道,年轻男性,20岁左右
I'm sorry. We're just-- - I don't know. A young male, around 20.
我只看过他几秒钟
I saw him for a couple seconds.
我马上就知道,这会变成天大的桉子
I knew immediately that was gonna be a giant case,
所以我们没有犯错的空间
and there was no room for errors on our part.
凶手遭到逮捕
The perpetrator, he was placed under arrest
被带到辖区等候处置
and taken to the precinct to be processed.
那是我见过最忙碌的情况
It was as busy as I've ever seen it.
而且电♥话♥开始响了
And the telephone started ringing.
我是说,我接到来自世界各地的电♥话♥
I mean, I was getting calls from all over the world.
我面临比平常大很多的压力
The pressure on me was much thicker than normal.
大很多 - 局长...
Much thicker. - Chief, chief.
局长...
Chief, chief. Chief.
警探们在楼上讯问他
The detectives were upstairs interrogating him,
想知道他脑袋裡在想什麽
trying to find out what was going through his head.
他不在牢房♥裡
He's not in a cell.
他是在办公室裡,警探的办公室
He's in, like, an office, a detective's office.
他坐下,然后有三或四个人在跟他说话
He's sitting down, and there's three or four guys talking to him.
他们看得出来他不是暴♥力♥型的人
They saw that he wasn't a violent-type person.
你看着这个人,心裡会想 “这个人枪杀别人?
If you looked at this guy, you would say, "This guy, shoot somebody?
不可能”,他看起来就像个大学宅男
Never." Looked like a nerdy college kid.
他们试图儘可能地从他身上得到资讯
And they're trying to get as much information from him as they can,
稍微耍他一下
kind of playing him a little bit.
稍微试着跟他当朋友,让他能更敞开心房♥
Trying to befriend him a little bit, so that he opens up a little bit more.
那是我们的目的,对
That's kind of the idea. You know.
有人被逮捕时,很自然地
Automatically, when somebody is arrested,
我们会打给刑事鑑定局
we call the Bureau of Criminal Identification.
看能不能拿到他的纪录
Try and get his record.
就是所谓的前科
His rap sheet, they call it.
我们对这个人的背景一无所知
We'd knew nothing of this man's background.
我毫无头绪,什麽都没有
I had nothing to go on. Nothing.
他如同一张白纸
He was a nonentity.
他来到这裡,却没有前科,没有任何纪录
He came here with no criminal record, no record of anything.
消息传开后,目击者开始出现
As news spreads, witnesses start coming forward.
计程车司机马克史奈德来到警局
Taxi driver, Mark Snyder, arrives at the station.
新闻报导出来的那天 我就知道我载过那个人
I knew I had this guy in my cab the day the news broke.
他一直问约翰蓝侬的事
Kept asking about John Lennon.
(计程车司机,马克史奈德)
我觉得他可能就是凶手
I figured he might have been the guy that did it.
我去了关押他的那个分局
I went into the police precinct where they were holding him.
跟他们说了整件事
I told them the whole story.
我当时开晚班车
I was working the night shift.
我开着我的计程车进城 沿第八大道往北走
I was driving my cab into the city, north on 8th Avenue.
我看到有人拦我的车
I see somebody hail me.
他好像背着行李袋,看起来像军人
Looks like he was carrying a duffel bag and he looked like he was from the army.
他一开口就跟我说 “我是滚石乐团的製作人
The first thing he said to me was, "I'm a producer for the Rolling Stones.
我跟你说,我刚刚才跟披头四一起录音
I'm telling you that I just got back from a recording session with the Beatles.
他们又合体复出了”,我要回他什麽?
They all got back together again." What am I going to say to that?
“是喔,对,好”
"Yeah, sure. Yeah."
我问他:“你记得哪首新歌♥吗?”
I asked him, "Can you remember any of the new songs?"
他就生气了,“我才不告诉你
And he got angry, you know. "I'm not going to tell you.
算了吧”
Forget it."
他疯狂地翻着一本书,那是一本笔记本
He was flipping through this book madly, and it was a notebook.
我看了看后照镜 除了空白页面,什麽都没有
And I looked in the rearview mirror and there was nothing but empty pages.
他说:“在这裡让我下车” 于是我转了弯,让他下车
He said, "Drop me off here." So I turned, dropped him off.
他先走到驾驶座那一侧
He walked over to the car on the driver's side first.
我摇下车窗
Rolled down the window.
他付了不知道多少的车钱给我
He paid me whatever it was.
他说:“我是马克大卫查普曼
And he said, "My name is Mark David Chapman.
你们会记住我的名字”
You'll remember my name."
调查团队很清楚
It's clear to the investigating team
他们处理的是一件非比寻常的桉子
that they're dealing with an extraordinary case.
但警探们找不到合理的解释
And for the detectives, things just don't add up.
其中一件不寻常的事是,当他被捕时
One of the unusual things was when he was apprehended,
他正在读一本叫《麦田捕手》的书
he was reading a book called Catcher in the Rye.
他站在那裡,他想要被抓
He stood there and he wanted to get caught.
他大可离开,隐身在曼哈顿街头
He could have walked away and into the streets of Manhattan.
那样的话,我可能到现在还在找他
I'd still be looking for him.
他是单独犯桉吗?
Was he alone?
有人在暗中操控他吗?
Was somebody working behind the lines with him?
一个人杀人时,总会有个理由
When somebody kills somebody, you always have a reason.
他的理由是什麽?
What was his reason?
(下一集)
联邦调查局档桉清楚地显示 蓝侬被视为政♥治♥威胁
FBI files clearly reveal Lennon was considered a political threat.
我开门,有些人就站在
I'd open the door and there'd be guys standing
街道的另一侧
on the other side of the street.
我上车,他们就跟着我
I'd get in the car, and they'd be following me.
我突然发现这是来真的
Suddenly I realized this was serious, you know.
他们冲着我来
They were coming for me.
我们来这裡是要把男孩们带回家 别忘了那些枪砲武器
We're here to bring the boys home. Let's not forget the machines.
他们採取最高层级的措施 要解决蓝侬的问题
Steps were taken on the highest level to do something about the Lennon problem.