他的嘴裡已经冒出鲜血
He had blood coming out of his mouth already
然后就倒在地上
and just collapsed on the floor.
我让他翻身躺着,把他的眼镜拿下来
I half rolled him to his back and took his glasses off,
放在桌上
put 'em on the desk.
洋子在尖叫,她说:“快叫救护车...
And Yoko was screaming, you know, "Get an ambulance, get an ambulance,
快叫救护车”
get an ambulance," you know.
我赶快跑去柜檯
So I ran out into the front office.
杰伊站在那裡,满身是血 什麽话都没对我说
Jay was standing there, full of blood, and didn't say anything to me.
于是我走过柜檯
So I walked past the desk,
然后...约翰就那样直挺挺地躺着
and, John was laying straight out like that.
静止不动,一动也不动
Still, no movement, nothing.
洋子将他的头枕在她的大腿上
And Yoko had his head in her lap.
他对他开枪
He shot him.
我还以为他们在拍电影
I thought they were making a movie.
我当时是那样以为的
That's what I thought.
我以为他们在拍电影
I thought they were making a movie,
但我没看到灯光或摄影机等等
but I didn't see no lights or cameras or anything.
于是我才想到:“嘿,这不是电影”
So, I just realized, "Hey, this ain't no movie."
但那个人还是拿着枪站在那裡
But the guy was still standing there with a gun.
非常冷静...
Calm as a cucumber, calm as a cucumber.
枪手反常地留在现场
Unusually, the gunman remains at the scene,
第一位赶到现场的是彼得库伦
and the first responder is Peter Cullen.
我们接到电♥话♥说可能有枪击桉
We got the call of possible shots fired.
我们把车停在达科他公♥寓♥对面时 有人朝我跑过来
When we pulled up opposite the Dakota, somebody came running over to me.
他正跑离那座公♥寓♥
He was running away from the building.
(纽约市警员,彼得库伦)
他说:“警官,小心,那裡有人开枪”
And he says, "Officer, be careful. There's a guy shooting a gun."
我说:“天啊,我们走吧”
I says, "Oh, Christ, here we go."
在那几秒钟裡,你的人生会在眼前闪现
Your whole life goes in front of you for that couple of seconds.
我环顾四周,我看到大家都静止不动
I looked around. I saw everybody froze.
就像一张照片
It was like a picture.
在场我唯一认识的人就是门房♥,我问他
The only person I knew there was the doorman, and I said,
“这裡发生什麽事了?” 他边指边说:“他对蓝侬开枪”
"What the hell's going on here?" He pointed, "He just shot Lennon."
接下来抵达现场的是赫伯弗劳恩伯格警员
Next on the scene is Officer Herb Frauenberger.
我们把车停在西侧
We pulled in on the west side.
(纽约市警员,赫伯弗劳恩伯格)
所以事实上,我们当时有两辆车
So in effect, what we had was, we had two cars
各停在拱门的两侧,车头灯都对着拱门
on either side of the arch with the headlights on the arch.
另一个单位的警员把一个人按在牆上
The other unit has a guy pinned against the wall.
我们给他戴上手铐,情况很奇怪
We put the cuffs on. And it was strange.
他完全没有反抗
He didn't fight us at all.
完全不抵抗
There was no resistance there at all.
他还向我们道歉
He actually apologized to us.
他说:“天啊,真抱歉我让你们... 我毁了你们的晚上”
He said, "Gee, I'm sorry I gave you guys-- I ruined your night."
我说:“你在开玩笑吧”
And I says, "You got to be kidding me."
我说:“你刚刚毁了自己的一生
I says, "You know, you just ruined your whole life.
你到底在想什麽?”
What the hell was going through your mind?"
有人♥大♥喊:“这裡有一个人中枪
Somebody is yelling, "There's a guy shot back here.
这裡有一个人中枪” 于是我们进去,手上当然拿着枪
There's a guy shot back here." So we go in and-- guns out, of course.
我马上就看到有个男人躺在地上
And the first thing I see is a man laying on the floor.
我不知道他是死是活,他没在动
I don't know if he's alive or dead. He's not moving.
于是我说:“他也许还有脉搏”
So, I said, "Well, maybe he's got a pulse."
我把他的头稍微转过来
So I turned his head just a little bit
这样我才能试着用手感觉他的脉搏
so I could put my hand and try to feel for his pulse,
他的脉搏非常微弱
and he had a very faint pulse.
我后方一位赶来现场的人员说
Somebody in back of me that was, you know-- had responded said,
“那是约翰蓝侬”,然后我才发现
"That's John Lennon." And then it hit me.
我说:“我的老天,这是约翰蓝侬”
I said, "Holy smokes, this is John Lennon."
这时人群越聚越多
By this time there was a crowd forming,
我们把他抬出去,放到我们车上,然后...
and we carried him outside, put him in our car and just--
“我们快带他离开这裡”
"Let's get him the hell out of here."
我们先用无线电通知医院
We radio ahead to the hospital,
但我们没有说是蓝侬,因为记者们
but we never mention it's Lennon because reporters
都在监听所有警用无线电
monitoring all these police radios--
我们不希望那裡乱成一团
We don't want a circus down there.
约翰被送到罗斯福医院
John is taken to the Roosevelt Hospital,
(罗斯福医院)
曼哈顿最优秀的创伤部门之一
one of the best trauma units in Manhattan.
(加护病房♥)
我们知道他中枪了
We knew he was shot.
我们知道他大量失血
We knew he was bleeding terribly.
约翰蓝侬一直是我最喜欢的披头四团员
John Lennon was always my favorite Beatle.
(急诊护士,芭芭拉卡梅勒)
我觉得非常悲伤,那是我这辈子
And I just thought that it was so tragic, that was the only time
唯一一次见到他
in my life I got to meet him.
(急诊,罗斯福医院)
我跑过去说:“怎麽回事?”
I go running down there. I say, "What's going on?"
他们说:“有个中枪伤患”
They say, "We have a gunshot wound."
我们冲向他
We descend on him.
我们开始抢救他,准备静脉注射
We're working on him, getting IV started,
(急诊医师,大卫哈勒兰)
让他的心脏恢复规律跳动
pumping his heart and-- into a rhythm.
他们替他插了管子,帮助他呼吸
They got a tube in him. They're breathing for him.
然后突然间,有人说
And all of a sudden, someone says,
“嘿,他好像是约翰蓝侬”
"Hey, that looks like John Lennon."
我说:“不是,不可能的,不”
I said, "Nah, it can't be, no."
然后他们开始翻找他的衣服 找到他的皮夹
And they start going through his clothes, and there's his wallet.
裡头有几张他跟
There's some pictures of him and
西恩和洋子的照片 背景是一辆白色劳斯莱斯
Sean and Yoko and a white Rolls in the background.
我心想,天啊,他真的是约翰蓝侬
And it's like, my God, that is John Lennon.
医生还在抢救蓝侬时
While doctors are still working on Lennon,
他中枪的新闻开始播送
the news of his shooting is starting to break.
我们刚刚收到一则非常令人震惊的消息
We have a rather startling story that just came in here.
一名目前认为是前披头四团员
A man who has been tentatively identified as John Lennon,
约翰蓝侬的男子 于中♥央♥公园西侧遭到枪击
the former Beatle, has been shot on Central Park West,
就在约翰蓝侬的住处,达科他公♥寓♥外头
outside the Dakota where John Lennon lives.
警方已紧急将他送至罗斯福医院
Police rushed him to Roosevelt Hospital.
如果今晚有更多资讯 我们将及时为您报导
If we get any more information tonight, you'll hear about it here.
我们正试着向警方
We are trying to reach the police,
医院、他的妻子小野洋子询问
the hospital, his wife, Yoko Ono, to get
他们的说法,希望能得知更多
their comment tonight, and wanting to find out more details
关于整个情况的细节
on just what is going on.
各家新闻试着瞭解最新情况
Newsrooms try to keep pace with the story,
但蓝侬伤势的真正严重程度 对于正在抢救他的医护人员来说
but the true scale of Lennon's injuries are all too apparent
再明显不过了
to the medics working on him.
(祈祷)
真的,那时候,我的手放在他的心脏上
Really, there was-- Your hands are on the heart
不断地按♥摩♥它,它好像...
and you're squeezing it, as if it
在努力地想自己跳动
were trying to do it itself.
所以我继续按压它
You just keep pumping it.
我们希望会有...
And the hope was that something would--
会有一些生命迹象
You get some flicker of life.
很遗憾,还是不够
And unfortunately, it was just not enough.
总共花了大约45分钟,后来就...
I think total time was about 45 minutes before it became, you know,
急救无效了,所以我们就...
futile and, we just--
我们宣佈死亡,停止急救
we called it, and stopped.
急救现场寂静无声
You could've heard a pin drop.
我们还想多做点什麽,但是现在...
You still want to do more, but now, you know,
我们停下来,真的已经... 真的没什麽好说的了
you stop and there really is-- There's nothing to say, really.
很不幸地,现场非常非常安静
Unfortunately, it's just very, very quiet.
当他宣佈死亡,一切结束了
And when he had called it and it was over,
(急诊护士,狄雅特拉♥萨♥托)
我们走出那间房♥间时 背景音乐正在播《想像》
and we walked out of that room, the Muzak was playing "Imagine."
大家这时才意识到“糟了”
That was everybody's "Oh, shit" moment.
如果我有这样做或那样做,也许... 你觉得自己失败了
Maybe if I had done this or done that-- You feel like you failed.
拜託,上帝保佑你
Bless. God bless you.
上帝保佑你
God bless you.
我当时在工作,我太太上楼来
I was working, and my wife came up.
她脸色苍白地说:“我得跟你说”
She was pale, and she said, "I have to talk to you."
她说约翰遭到枪击
And she said that John's been shot.
我们马上坐上一辆计程车 司机打开了广播
Immediately, we got in a cab and the cab driver had a radio on,
所有人都在谈论这件事
and that's all they were talking about.
重複一次,前披头四成员约翰蓝侬的背上
Again, John Lennon, the former Beatle, has been shot twice
中了两枪,目前人在纽约市的一家医院
in the back, is now in a New York City hospital.
目前还不知他的状况如何