And I asked him, "What are you doing here?"
他说他想跟约翰要签名
And he said he wanted to get John's autograph.
不知为何,我记得他说他其实
And for some reason, I remember he said he didn't really
不喜欢他的音乐,但他是收藏家
even like the music, but he was a collector
所以他收集一些东西,像是... 我好像记得他说
and he collected things like-- I thought I remembered him
他收集蝴蝶或类似的怪东西
saying he collected butterflies or something weird like that.
这个专访什麽时候会播出?
When's this gonna be on or whatever?
我想听,如果... - 我们会寄一份给你
I like to listen to these, if I-- - We'll send you a copy.
好...这不是...我很想听
Oh, yeah-- It's never the-- I like to listen to it.
洋子接到一通电♥话♥,然后跟约翰说 “哇,我们该走了”
Yoko got a call and said to John, "Gee, we've got to go."
她签了什麽?
What'd she sign?
我没看到 - 这是要给妳的
I don't see it. - "To whom" is to you.
那我也用原子笔签
I'll go over it in ballpoint as well.
然后在两者中间
And then between the two,
会有我们的人像,然后妳可以...
you'll have the impression, and then you can--
洋子,我现在要签在这裡了
Yoko, I'm doing it here right now.
(葡萄柚)
(给萝莉,爱妳的小野洋子)
这对夫妻人非常好
This amazing couple.
我觉得我跟他们很有缘分
I felt like I had really made a connection.
我很荣幸,我...妳知道...
It's a pleasure. I-- You know--
毕竟我也是别人的粉丝
I'm a fan of people too, you know.
他们当晚本来会待在录音室
Their evening was going to be spent in the studio.
(下午4点30分)
我们一起离开了公♥寓♥
We all left the building together.
当时在达科他公♥寓♥门外的人...
There were definitely more people in front of the Dakota--
披头四和约翰蓝侬的歌♥迷... 肯定比我们抵达时来得多
Beatles, John Lennon's fans-- than there had been when we arrived.
我们都走了出去
We all walked out,
有个挺烦人的傢伙向我走来
and this rather irritating guy came up to me
开始说:“妳有跟他说话吗?
and started saying, "Did you talk to him?
妳有拿到他的签名吗?
Did you get his autograph?
妳有跟他说话吗?妳有拿到他的签名吗?
Did you talk to him? Did you get his autograph?"
我们以为他会离开,但他没有
We thought the guy would leave. He didn't.
约翰和洋子上了豪华轿车,车子开走了
John and Yoko got into the limo. They drove off.
这个人又来找我
This guy came up to me again.
“所以呢?怎样? 他说了什麽?他到底说什麽?”
"Well? Well? Well? What did he say? What did he say?"
我转身就走
I just turned and walked away.
约翰和洋子正前往录音室
John and Yoko are heading to the recording studio
要跟製作人杰克道格拉斯 一起完成一张新单曲
to finish work on a new single with producer Jack Douglas.
我们在做一张唱片
We were working on this record.
我们合作得很愉快
We were having a great time.
(唱片製作人,杰克道格拉斯)
他非常乐在其中
He was back in it completely, you know.
他的信心高得破表
He was like-- His confidence level was way off the charts.
鲍伯,我们来拍伸缩镜头
Let's do a zoom, Bob.
好 - 在哪裡?
Yeah. - Where is it?
前面是焦距,后面是拉近拉远
The front one is focus, the back is to zoom,
或上面这两个按钮
or these two buttons up here.
关于电影
About movies.
好电影就是会让你想拍一部电影
A great movie is one that makes you want to make a movie.
真希望我也拍过那种电影
I wish I'd made that.
可恶,是我就会马上去拍
Shit, I'd go right out and make it.
要是我听到一张好唱片,我也想做一张
If I hear a great record, I mean, I want to make it.
我也会做一张好唱片
I'll make one like that.
31和32,对吧? - 对
Thirty-one and 32, right? - Yeah.
把这些带去,放进大门裡 然后把钥匙给...
Take 'em and put 'em through the gates and send a key off of--
我们开始录製后,他的创造力真的...
Once we got rolling, his creative juices were really--
你感受得到
You could feel it.
好了
Okay.
一切都很顺利
Everything was going right.
他非常高兴
I mean, he was on top of the world.
约翰幸福的家庭生活
John's happy home life,
尤其是担任幼子西恩的父亲角色
especially his role as father to young son, Sean,
让他又有了做音乐的动力
has inspired him to make music again.
在那个电视萤幕上 那个萤幕上就贴了西恩的照片
On that TV screen right there, over that screen was a picture of Sean.
所以你抬头看喇叭时,就能看到他
So that when you were looking up at the speakers, there he was.
我们把他的照片一直贴在那裡
We had his picture up there all the time,
就像他一直看着我
so he was looking at me all the time.
一切都是为了西恩
Everything was about Sean.
他说:“我不能停下来”
He says, "I can't stop."
他说:“我觉得我气势正顺 我不想停下来”
He says, "I feel like I'm on a roll and I just don't want to stop."
因为我五年没进录音室了
Because I hadn't been in the studio for five years,
所以他很习惯我一直陪着他
so he's used to me being around all the time.
有一天,他突然坐起来,然后说
Then one day he just sat up and said,
“你知道我长大后想做什麽吗?”
"You know what I want to be when I grow up?"
我说:“不知道,你想做什麽?”
And I said, "No, what's that?"
他看着我的眼睛说:“就当个爸爸”
He looked me right in the eye and said, "Just a daddy."
我不知道是不是因为 他跟我的生日是同一天
I don't know whether it's 'cause he was born on the same day as me.
所以我们几乎就像双胞胎
So we're almost like twins.
如果我觉得沮丧,他也会开始有那种感觉
If I'm feeling depressed, he starts getting that way.
所以我现在更有理由保持健康和正面
So now I have a sort of more reason to stay healthy and bright.
跟西恩相处,让我突然有写歌♥的灵感
Being with Sean, and suddenly I got the songs.
我不想跟以前的我竞争
I'm not trying to compete with my old self.
保罗跟我在那时候製作了很多歌♥
Paul and I turned out a lot of songs those days,
但后来变得不像以前一样有乐趣了
but then it got to be sort of not the pleasure that it was.
现在我想重新享受那乐趣
And I'm trying to go back and enjoy it.
大家总是认为:“约翰跟洋子刚刚在一起
People are always thinking in terms of, "John and Yoko just got together,
披头四就解散了”
then the Beatles split."
我们在一起的时间比披头四还久
And we've been together longer than the Beatles.
那晚,我们完成了溷音 困难的部分完成了
That night, we finished mixing, and the heavy lifting was done.
我们知道我们做到了
We knew we were there.
然后我见到他的最后一个画面
And the-- You know, the last I saw of him
就是他在十楼进了电梯
was getting in the elevator on the tenth floor.
电梯门要关上时
As the elevator door was closing,
他站在我面前,带着大大的笑容
he was standing right in front of me with this big smile.
他很高兴一切顺利进行
He was so happy about how everything was going.
那天过得非常愉快
It had been a glorious day.
然后他跟我说
And he just said to me,
“我们早上9点见”,他整个人兴高采烈
"I'll see you in the morning, 9:00 a.m." Happy as a lark.
(晚上10点40分)
有个人站在公♥寓♥的入口旁边
This guy was there by the entrance into the building.
我问他说:“你怎麽还在这裡?”
And I asked him, I said, "Why are you still here?"
他说:“我想跟洋子要签名”
He said, "I want to get Yoko's autograph."
然后我回到楼下
And then I went back downstairs.
一辆豪华轿车 载着约翰和洋子回到达科他公♥寓♥
A limousine takes John and Yoko back home to the Dakota.
纽约计程车司机理查彼得森 也载着一位乘客前往同样的目的地
New York cab driver Richard Peterson is taking a fare to the same destination.
我载了这两个人
I picked up these two guys.
在后座一直聊个不停
Chatter, chatter, chatter in the back seat.
大家都说我们没在听,但我们其实会听
They say we don't listen, but we do listen.
(计程车司机,理查彼得森)
计程车司机听得到后座的所有谈话
Cabbies, we hear everything goes on back there.
他们要去达科他公♥寓♥参加一场派对
They were going to a party at the Dakota.
(晚上10点48分)
我们到了那裡
We get up there.
我停在一辆豪华轿车后头
I pulled up behind a limo.
洋子下了车
Yoko gets out
走向达科他公♥寓♥,而约翰在后头
and walks towards the Dakota building ahead of John.
那时已经要...快下班了
Was getting close to-- Gonna go off duty.
然后我听到砰一声,车门关上...砰一声
And I heard boom-- You know, car door slam-- Boom.
接下来一定是约翰蓝侬下车 我没看过他本人
Oh, John Lennon must be coming out next, and I had never seen him in person.
我心想:“约翰蓝侬” 我可以说我看过约翰蓝侬了
It was sort of like, "Oh, John Lennon." You know, I can say I saw John Lennon.
你能听到他正走过来 因为他的脚步很轻快
And you could hear him coming 'cause he walked briskly.
你可以听到...
You know, you could hear the--
那时我看到了他
That's when I saw him.
我看到那个人
I saw the guy.
蓝侬当时正走进去,有个年轻人说
Lennon was walking in, and this kid says,
“约翰蓝侬”,他就站在那裡
"John Lennon," and he had-- He was standing there.
那人体格魁梧又矮胖
Heavyset, chunky guy.
我看着他,透过我计程车的...
I'm looking at him, looking through the front--
挡风玻璃看着他
front window of my cab.
我看着他朝他开枪
I'm looking at him shoot him.
五枪
Five shots.
这个人对约翰蓝侬开枪
This guy just shot John Lennon.
他跑过我身边,他说:“我中枪了”
Runs past me. He goes, "I'm shot."