剧集 | 地狱之轮(2011) | 导航列表
巴克顿·普莱斯考特列兵
Private Buckton Prescott was killed
在华盛顿特区的一处教堂被杀
in a church in Washington, D.C.
丹尼尔·约翰逊上尉
Captain Daniel Johnson,
联合太平洋领班 在地狱之轮被杀
Union Pacific foreman, murdered in hell on wheels.
我们明白了重点 医生
I think we get the point, doc.
快完了 将军
Nearly done, general.
伍斯特和坦纳中尉
Lieutenant Wuster, Lieutenant Tanner,
以及弗兰克·哈珀中士都被谋杀
sergeant Frank Harper, all murdered,
这些都是卡伦·博汉南所为
and all attributed to Cullen Bohannon,
埃里森小姐的报道中已一一列出
as enumerated in Miss Ellison's article.
我接下这份工作时就告诉你 这条铁路沿线
Told you when I took this job there's a lot of graves
-有许多坟墓 埃姆斯先生 -是的
- along this railroad, Mr. Ames. - Yes.
但你没告诉我们是你谋杀了这些人
But you didn't tell us that you had murdered these men.
没人想念他们
Ain't nobody misses 'em.
尽管如此
Well, be that as it may,
董事会是来查明你的为人的 博汉南先生
the board is here to ascertain your character, Mr. Bohannon.
你的不正当行为 暴♥力♥倾向
Your impropriety, your penchant for violence,
你天生缺乏判断能力 这才是审判内容
your innate lack of judgment is what's on trial here,
将军可以证实
as the secretary will attest.
顺便说一句 是他的手下杀了我的家人
For the record, it's his men done the murdering of my family.
格兰特将军并不是此次审问的对象
General Grant is not the subject of this inquiry.
也许该是他
Maybe he ought to be.
-你太失礼了 先生 -冷静点 议员
- You're out of order, sir! - Calm down, Senator.
我建议在传唤第一位证人之前
I suggest a ten-minute break before we call
休息十分钟 董事长先生
our first witness, Mr. Chairman.
休息十分钟
Tenminute break.
博汉南先生
Mr. Bohannon.
你说格兰特将军的手下杀了你家人
What did you mean when you said General Grant's men
这是什么意思
murdered your family?
如果我要写出真♥相♥ 就需要你的...
Look, look, if I'm gonna write the truth, I'm gonna need your...
什么真♥相♥
What truth?
你的 我的 还是他们的版本
Yours, mine, or theirs?
真正的真♥相♥
The truth.
没有绝对的真♥相♥
There's no such thing.
别碰手♥枪♥
Hand off that pistol.
如果你理解就点点头
Nod if you understand me.
你答应过我
You promised that if
如果我给你提供信息 你就会保护我
I provided you with information, you'd protect me.
我是白手起家的 你知道吗
I came from nothing. Did you know that?
我没有一点遗产 没有背景
There is nothing in my heritage, my people, where they came from,
没有势力
their place in the world,
来让我对抗命运
to give me even the slightest leg up on what is to be my destiny.
艰难的生活就是我的老师
The school of hard knocks was my teacher.
你知道我学到了什么吗
And do you know what I learned?
如果博汉南先生发现
If Mr. Bohannon finds out that
-是我给你提供情... -如果一个人
- I've been feeding you infor... - That a man who is encumbered
被是非所困
by what's right and what's wrong
他将永远一事无成
will never achieve anything.
你在听我说话吗
Are you listening to me?
我并不为大多数人的烦心事而烦心
I am not encumbered by what encumbers most men
因为我不是大多数人
because I am not most men.
我以为你身上也有同样的潜能
I thought I saw the same potential in you.
如果我看错了
If I was mistaken...
你也只能怪你自己
you'll have no one to blame but yourself.
我会提醒你 埃里森小姐
I will remind you, Miss Ellison,
你在道德上有义务说出真♥相♥
that you are under a moral obligation to tell the truth,
你也知道 这是为了诉讼
as you know it, for the benefit of these proceedings.
我明白
I understand.
自从你被派到地狱之轮之后
You have written numerous articles
你为《纽约论♥坛♥报》写了许多
about Mr. Bohannon for the New-York tribune
关于博汉南先生的文章
since your assignment in hell on wheels,
是吗
haven't you?
是的
Yes.
你很了解他吗
You know him well?
我不认为有任何人了解他
I don't think anybody knows him well.
好吧 他不喜欢和人交流 是吗
Ah, well, keeps to himself, does he?
我不是这个意思
That's not what I meant.
那你是什么意思
What did you mean?
他
Well, he's...
不是个健谈的人 而且
not the chattiest person, and...
他是个
he's...
恶霸
A bully.
不是的 我本来想说
No, I was going to say...
你是否写一篇关于博汉南先生
Didn't you write a story about Mr. Bohannon's decision
吊死一个小男孩的故事
to hang the hatch boy?
写了
Yes.
你把地狱之轮描述成
You described hell on wheels
内布拉斯加平原上的罪恶之城
as a Sodom and Gomorrah of the Nebraska plains,
由博汉南先生管理
with Mr. Bohannon as its lot.
当然了 你不能谴责
Well, surely you don't condemn
联合太平洋公♥司♥的首席工程师
the chief engineer of the union pacific
执行了自己的职责
for performing his duty
惩罚了那个杀了他的警长的凶手
and punishing the murderer of his chief of police?
你可以 而且你必须谴责
You can, and you must,
假如你不确定那个被他处以私刑的男人
if you're not certain that the man he lynched
是否真犯下了死罪
committed the crimes for which he was hung.
你是在暗示博汉南先生
Are you suggesting that Mr. Bohannon,
以联合太平洋公♥司♥的名义
in the name of the union pacific,
吊死了一个无辜的人吗
hanged an innocent man?
被讯问的那个男孩只是有违法嫌疑
The boy in question was suspected of the transgression,
但是没人能肯定地说
but no one was able to say, definitively,
是他做的
that he had done it.
绞刑后 我非常彻底地
I myself thoroughly examined his skull
检查了他的头骨
in the aftermath,
但没找到任何有犯罪倾向的特征
and found nothing to suggest criminal tendencies.
而那男孩只有多大 十七岁
And the boy was, what, 17?
而且据说还很虔诚
And quite devout, I understand.
博汉南先生问过我
Mr. Bohannon asked me
我是否了解摩♥门♥教♥徒
if I'd had occasion to know what the mormons are like, as a people.
假如被赶出自己的领地他们会有什么反应
How they might react to being forced off their land.
他问我他们会不会反抗
He asked me if I thought they would fight.
听起来像是他在找机会挑起争端
Hmm, sounds like he was looking for fight.
他没有挑起争端 他只是在找婴儿
Not a fight. It was a baby.
和弗格森先生一起找 先生
Along with Mr. Ferguson, sir.
同时 也是博汉南先生
And yet, it was Mr. Bohannon
给了那些年轻人
who gave those young people,
也就是你的雇员 还有她不幸的追求者
your employee and her hapless suitor,
一把手♥枪♥和子弹
a pistol, and bullets,
然后让他们在荒野里自生自灭
and left them to die in the wilderness.
他是给了他们一把枪 没错
He handed them a gun, yeah.
你目睹了这不一人道的行为吗
Did you witness this inhumanity?
没有 先生
No, sir, um,
但是博汉南先生和我说了这件事
but Mr. Bohannon told me about it, yeah.
毫无疑问是在炫耀
Bragging, no doubt.
放屁
Bullshit.
我再说一遍 先生
Again, sir,
你太失礼了
you're out of order.
我是唯一一个看清♥真♥♥相♥的人吗
Am I the only one who sees what's going on here?
你想说什么 博汉南先生
What, Mr. Bohannon?
这完全是对事实的曲解
A total mis-retelling of events.
我有时必须做出一些决定
Decisions had to be made, it fell to me to make them,
铁路必须得继续修
the railroad had to move forward.
你落后了两周 不是吗
You're two weeks behind, are you not?
就因为你决定不搬迁营地
Over the decision you made not to move camp
而去搜寻一个妓♥女♥的孩子
while you searched for a whore's baby.
这难道也是我的曲解吗
Or am I mis-retelling that?
这些问题很复杂 博汉南先生
These are complicated issues, Mr. Bohannon,
会导致严重的公♥关♥和信♥用♥危♥机♥
with serious public and fiduciary ramifications.
作为这个公♥司♥的股东
And as stockholders of this company,
我们有权深究此事
we have every right to explore them,
剧集 | 地狱之轮(2011) | 导航列表