我们必须唤起英格兰同胞
We must instead rouse our fellow Englishmen.
"良方"近在咫尺
The remedy is close.
就在我们心中
It is here, in our hearts...
是
Aye.
也存于佛兰德斯的流亡者心中
Just as it lives on in the hearts of the exiles in Flanders.
走 我们还有事要办
Come, we have work to do.
"胡安·费南德斯·德瓦拉斯科 卡斯提尔总务警长
"From Juan Fernandez de Velasco, Constable of Castile,
寄给现居伦敦的查尔斯亲王"
to Charles de Ligne, presently residing in London."
多佛的手下今早截获的
The searchers at Dover intercepted it this morning.
快点 阿尔福大人
Make haste, Master Alford.
破译总长大人的密信
Break the Constable's cipher,
让我们听听看 西班牙人想达成什么条约
and let us hear what the Spanish want for their treaty.
佛兰德斯 布鲁塞尔
这边走 快到了
This way. We are near.
不 不对
No, no...
这是谁
Who's this?
这可不是斯坦利
This is not Stanley.
我说过 只和威廉·斯坦利爵士谈
I said I would speak to Sir William Stanley and no other.
斯坦利在此
Stanley is here.
从你身上 我看到了你父亲的影子
I see in the son the father I once knew.
汤姆·温特 我表亲
Tom Wintour, my cousin.
我听说你是个律师
A lawyer, I'm told.
对 但不够雄辩
Aye, though not versed in argument well enough to
没能说服西班牙人相助我们
turn our friends in Madrid to our purpose.
你意欲为何
What is your purpose?
但说无妨
Well, speak freely.
福克斯是我可信赖的同盟
Fawkes here is my trusted confederate.
我们想把英格兰天主教♥徒♥从压♥迫♥中解救出来
We mean to lead the Catholics of England out of their oppression.
如何做到 我要知道手段
How? I want means.
如果你助我们召集一支反叛军
If you help us raise an army for the rebellion,
我所需的一切都能轻易在伦敦找到
all that I need can be found freely in London.
数量充足的
It is there in abundance...
火♥药♥
Gunpowder.
你信任温特吗
Wintour, do you trust?
可将性命托付给他
With my life.
你需要更多人手来完成这个行动
You'll need more men for this venture.
还有其他人 和温特一样
There are others, equal to Wintour,
都是和我有血缘关系的亲人
known to me personally by family and kin.
那就找到他们 让他们誓死追随
Then find them and swear them to your cause.
我会的
I will.
盖伊·福克斯精通工程和防御工事
Guy Fawkes is a man with excellent knowledge of engineering and fortification.
我看不懂他 他少言寡语
I do not know what to make of him. The man says nothing.
这也是他最大的长处
Well, that's his great strength.
他一定能助你一臂之力
You will find him well fitted to your purpose.
如果你觉得他有用 那我就让他加入
If you say he is fitted, then I will have him.
这并非易事 罗宾
It will not be easy, Robin.
塞西尔到处都布下了眼线
Cecil's espials are everywhere.
绝不能让他们发现你的图谋
They must not discover your design,
以及我正召集人马 跟随你的脚步入侵英格兰
or that I am gathering men to invade England in your wake.
你越早起事 成功的机会就越大
The sooner you strike, the more chance of success.
那我准备好返回英格兰了
Then I am ready to return to England.
勋爵大人 我们破译了西班牙的密信
My Lord, we have deciphered the Spanish letter.
谢谢 阿尔福大人
Thank you, Master Alford.
非常感谢
I am most grateful.
非常感谢
Most grateful.
他们吃硬不吃软
They will in no ways be soothed out but rather disturbed,
到最后你将事与愿违
and the end you achieve will be the opposite of that you intend.
天主教♥徒♥从土地的黑暗角落里涌现出来
Papists burst out of the dark corners of the land,
腐蚀虔诚的人
infecting the godly.
我知道你受到了误导 对他们的处境感到同情
I know you have a misguided sympathy for their plight,
诺森伯兰大人 但我们说好了要立法禁止他们
my Lord Northumberland, but we promised laws against them.
现在我们必须兑现这一诺言
We must now deliver on that promise
-否则我们将被彻底毁灭 -不
- or we will be utterly destroyed. - No.
如果我们强制执行这些法规
If we enforce these laws,
西班牙人就会中断谈判
then the Spanish will break off their negotiation.
谈判必须顺利进行
The negotiations must be brought to a good pass.
战争已经掏空了国库
War has emptied the Treasury.
国家需要和平
No, the kingdom demands peace.
身为国王 我需要和平
I, the King, demand peace.
如陛下所知 比我们都清楚
As Your Majesty knows, better than we do,
上帝要求真正的信仰
God demands true religion.
诸位大人 幸好我们二者可兼得
Fortunately, my lords, we can have both...
和平和真正的信仰
both peace and true religion.
西班牙不喜欢这些法规 也不希望看到被执行
Spain does not like these laws, nor their enforcement,
但尽管如此 西班牙还是会签署条约
but she will sign the treaty nonetheless.
这可说不好
You cannot know this.
我的职责就是清楚这种事 大人
It is my business to know it, my lord.
西班牙会将贸易和自身利益
Spain will put commerce and self-interest
放在对英格兰天主教♥徒♥那虚无的责任前面
before any imagined duty to the papists of England.
那我也要制定反对天主教♥徒♥的法律
Then I shall have my laws against the Catholics as well...
不过你最好是对的 勋爵
But you had best be right, my lord.
你们读了国王的公文吗
Have you read the King's proclamation?
"毋庸置疑
"Let there be no doubt,
我从未考虑过
I have never at any time entertained intention of
容忍♥他们那无比可恨
tolerating their utterly abhorrent,
邪恶且可憎的宗教"
wicked and detestable religion."
国王的原话
The King's own words.
国会想将我们变成国家公敌
The Parliament intends to make us capital enemies of the state.
我们犹如挨打的狗 被追捕的野猪
We are dogs to be beaten, boars to be hunted.
我们必须祈祷 上帝会倾注祂的爱与理解
We must pray that God pours his love and understanding
注入国会那些反对我们的人心中
into the hearts of those in Parliament who are against us.
你
You...
你在这里舒服地坐着
You... You sit there in comfort,
躲开了塞西尔和他的间谍
secreted away from Cecil and his espials.
你看你的书 饮你的酒
You-you-you read your books, you drink your wine,
你都不缺肉吃
you do not lack for meat,
但我要说 你忘了在外面
but I say that you have forgotten that outside these walls
你的教♥徒♥在受苦 加纳特神父
your flock suffers, Father Garnet.
西班牙发过誓要保护我们
Spain has vowed to protect us.
他们不会允许这些法律通过
They will not allow these laws to pass.
可怜的史密斯神父受刑时 我在场
I saw it when poor Father Smith was brought to his Calvary.
我看到了你当时的眼神 现在你也是这种眼神
I saw it in your eyes then, and I see it now.
你就是个懦夫
You are a coward.
我不害怕竭力捍卫我们的信仰
I am not afraid to defend our faith with a strong arm.
盖茨比就做到了
Catesby has it right.
我会与他同一阵线
I will stand with him.
你不是懦夫
You are no coward.
但我却躲在这里
But here I hide,
这个为了我而建造的密室里
with a priest-hole fashioned for my own purposes
独自苟延残喘 而其他人却在不断送命
so that I may survive while others do not.
你是信徒们心目中的火焰
You are the flame around which the faithful gather.
火焰必须一直燃烧着
That flame must be kept burning.
我没有你那种坚定的决心 安
I do not have your steadfast heart, Anne.
我知道你有 我的决心远没有
Know you, too, that my heart is nothing like as steadfast
你的信念坚定
as you would believe.
你很坚强
You have a strong heart...
我知道
I know it.
时而坚强 时而软弱
It is sometimes strong, sometimes weak.
如正常女人一般无二
It beats as a woman's heart beats.
陛下 这位是胡安·费南德斯·德瓦拉斯科阁下
Your Majesty, Don Juan Fernandez de Velasco,
弗莱堡公爵兼卡斯提尔警务总长
Duke of Frias and Constable of Castile.
陛下
Your Majesty.
这份礼物
By this present,
谨由我代表西班牙与葡萄牙天主教皇菲利普三世献上
I'm authorised by His Catholic Majesty Philip III of Spain
作为协商两国条约的见面礼
and Portugal to negotiate the treaty between our two countries.
你太客气了 先生
You are welcome, sir.
我衷心希望我们能尽快签订条约
It is my earnest hope that our work may be speedily concluded.
陛下 教皇对英格兰国会近日提出
Sir, His Catholic Majesty is grievously disturbed by laws
要镇♥压♥天主教♥徒♥的相关法律
lately proposed in your Parliament
深表忧虑
for the suppression of the faithful.
这个国家提出的完善健全法律