-我们将如何生存 -发扬教义不需刀剑相助
- How are we to survive? - The sword plays no part in what we do.
必须如此
It must...
如果我们想自救
If we are to save ourselves.
你万不可手沾血腥
Thou shalt commit no murder!
特纳上尉 过去十四年 你一直从军吗
Captain Turner, you have been a soldier these 14 years past?
-是的 大人 我一直服役于... -那为何在这儿
- l have, my Lord, and always served... - Why are you here?
-您说什么 -那你为何成了囚犯
- My Lord? - Why stand you a prisoner in chains?
我被指控杀人 大人
l was indicted for the killing of a man, my Lord,
有人企图干掉我而获益
by some that sought to profit from my death.
大人 事实是 我与一人争吵
That is, my Lord, I quarrelled with a man,
说了一些难听的话
hard words were offered.
他借用一个女人诽谤我的好名声
He had slandered my good name in respect of a woman,
我当时别无他法 只能一泄私愤
and I had no other recourse but to seek satisfaction.
你戳瞎了掌柜的眼睛
You stabbed an innkeeper through the eye
就在你猥亵了他的妻子后
after you had laid hands upon his wife.
有二十名证人证实你的罪行
You were observed by a score of witnesses,
你在巡回法庭中受审 如今被判死刑
stood trial at the assizes and now are condemned to death.
这正是我不幸和被冤枉的命运 大人
Such is my unhappy and undeserved fate, my Lord.
你们家族信奉天主教吗
Your family are of Catholic stock?
不 大人 我以生命起誓
No, my Lord! On my life.
参加过苏塞克斯郡一役的雅各布·特纳
Jacob Turner of Battle in the county of Sussex.
应该是你父亲吧 他在米迦勒节期间
Your father, I believe, at the sessions of Michaelmas was
被指控不服从国教 被罚款27先令
accused of recusancy, fined 27 shillings.
参加过苏塞克斯郡一役的罗伯特·特纳
Robert Turner of Battle, Sussex,
-你的兄长... -大人 我恨透了罗马天主教
- your brother... - My Lord, I detest popery with all my heart.
我与家人在过去十二年来形同陌路
My family are unknown to me these 12 years past.
-我以我的荣誉... -你的荣誉 特纳上尉
- Upon my honour... - Your honour, Captain Turner,
虽然没什么价值
such as it is,
我也完全不感兴趣
holds no interest for me.
召你前来是因为你也许能为国王
You're here because you may yet perform some service to the King,
为国家 和为我效力
your country and me.
以命起誓 您吩咐的事 我定当全力去办
On my life, I will perform whatever you ask of me.
你的命现在掌握在我手中 特纳上尉
Your life now belongs to me, Captain Turner.
这是你的密信
This is your cipher.
每个符号♥代表一个字母
Each symbol represents a letter.
你将与大人通信联络
Your correspondence will be with His Lordship.
大人是一号♥ 你是三十二号♥
His Lordship is number one, you are number32.
绝不要提及你和大人的本名
Never refer to yourself or His Lordship by name.
明白了吗
Do you understand?
明矾墨水
Alum ink.
经加热后才会显现
Invisible to the eye unless it be exposed to heat.
你要在佛兰德斯搜出一个臭名昭著的天主教♥徒♥
In Flanders, you will seek out a notorious papist,
威廉·斯坦利爵士 你认识他吗
Sir William Stanley. Do you know him?
他是个声名显赫的士兵
He's a soldier of great repute.
斯坦利是个背信弃义的叛党
Stanley is a turncoat and traitor.
他统领着一群危险的天主教♥徒♥
And the leader of a nest of dangerous Catholics
正密谋弑君
who plot the King's destruction.
你要查明他的目的和阴谋
You will discover his designs and stratagems.
然后向我汇报
And report them back to me.
这封信件可助你混入他们之中
This will ease your entry into his society.
去吧 有艘船在等你
Now go. A ship for your passage awaits you.
沃里克郡 阿什比圣莱杰斯
最迟明天就要交租
They demand payment by tomorrow.
把这些卖♥♥了应该能凑够钱
If we sell these, it should raise what we need.
-疼吗 -不疼 汤姆叔叔 不过是头破了而已
- Does it hurt? - No, Uncle Tom. 'Tis nothing but a broken head.
不过是头破了而已
Nothing but a broken head?
意志坚定的人才能坚守立场
It takes a strong will to stand your ground.
您孙子是个勇敢的小伙子
Your grandson's a brave lad.
你怎么回事 居然让他和那些恶霸打架
What were you thinking, letting him fight with those bullies?
男人必须学会挨揍
A man must learn to take his bruises.
您要把那些也卖♥♥掉吗 父亲
You're selling those too, Father?
家里的东西越来越少了
The house empties by the day.
你宁愿我低头屈服吗
Would you rather that l conform?
我越反抗 他们拿走的就越多
The more I resist them, the more they take.
你父亲和你说话时 要看着他 罗伯特
Look at your father when he speaks to you, Robert.
我可以走了吗
May I go?
你也看到了 母亲
You saw that, Mother.
他怕我
He fears me.
子敬畏其父 很正常
Sons should fear their fathers...
这样才更易学会敬畏上帝
The better they may learn to fear God.
据称 凯尼尔沃思的寡妇安·哈德逊
Anne Hudson of Kenilworth, widow,
于1603年9月17日在斯通利
on 17th September 1603 at Stoneleigh
作出过以下发言
is alleged to have spoken the following.
"西班牙人会来的 我希望他们早日到来
"The Spaniards will come, and I would they would come soon.
上帝将把灾难带给国王所有的子民"
A plague of God light upon all the King's subjects."
你是否认罪
How do you plead?
我将自己交给上帝和我的国家
I put myself on God and my country.
请证人上前
Bring forth the witness.
被告作出上述煽动性发言时
You were present at the alehouse
你也在那家酒馆吗
when the accused spoke the said seditious words?
是 大人
I was, sir.
你听到她说什么了
And what did you hear her say?
我听到她说了被控诉的那番话 阁下
I heard her say the words in the indictment, sir.
我们判决罪名成立
We find the charge is proved.
另外 她的儿子詹姆斯·哈德逊
Additionally, James Hudson, her son,
约八岁
aged eight years or thereabouts,
劳工 偷了罗伯特·埃德蒙兹价值十便士的面包
labourer, stole bread from Robert Edmunds to the value of ten pennies.
是吗
Yes?
母亲鞭罚五十下 儿子二十下
50 strokes by the beating for the mother, 20 for the son.
下一个是谁
Who comes next?
天主教众叛 大人
Popish recusants, sir.
罗伯特·盖茨比 上前
Robert Catesby, come to the bar.
托马斯·温特 上前
Thomas Wintour, come to the bar.
约翰·罗林斯 爱德华·蒂特马斯
John Rawlings, Edward Titmarsh,
安·韦林斯 罗伯特·波顿
Anne Wellings, Robert Bolton.
你又来了 盖茨比
You are come again before us, Catesby.
你这么痴迷这里吗
Are you so addicted to these sessions?
我痴迷的是真理 阁下
I am addicted to the truth, sir.
认罪吧 你们的教士
You make a grand claim, sir, for one whose priests
对无知民众散播邪念 迷惑大众
pander superstition and magic to their ignorant, deluded flock.
我们都知道我为何会面临庭审 大人
We both know the reasons why I am come here, sir.
直接开始吧
I suggest we proceed.
你们被指控的罪名是
You stand indicted for being absent
缺席教区堂会四十周
from your parish churches for 40 Sundays.
每人罚五英镑
This court fines each of you the sum of £5.
而你 罗伯特·盖茨比
And in respect of you, Robert Catesby,
还有托马斯·温特
and you, Thomas Wintour,
你们至今还有罚款未交
there are outstanding sums as yet unpaid,
分别是八英镑和三英镑
£8 and £3 respectively.
恕我直言 先生
With respect, sir,
依照惯例 欠款...
it has always been practice that arrears...
依照国王的命令
We have commission from His Majesty
我们作为例会法官
to sit in judgment at these general sessions
有权决定征收合适数目的罚款
and to levy such fines as we deem fit.
这些罚款简直荒谬
These fines are beyond all reasonableness.
国王亲自赋予了我们权力
Our authority comes from the King himself.
-国王只是个凡人 -罗宾
- The King is but a man. - Robin...
国王无权赋予你们任何权利
The King wields no power over the mortal soul of his subjects.
-只有主才有这种权力 -注意你的言辞
- God alone has that power. - I'd mind your speech, sir.
国王又有什么特权
Is it the King's privilege
-去审判别人 -肃静
- to sit in judgment on men's souls? - Silence!
我的内心只遵从吾主
I say I owe my soul's allegiance to God alone.
-肃静 -我绝不会对凡人颌首
- Silence! - I will not bow my head to any man
血肉之躯又如何与神圣的吾主相较
whose flesh and blood carries no more divinity than mine own!
肃静
Silence!
法庭决定
It is the order of this general session
把你俩都关进监狱 直到付清罚款
that you both be held in jail until payment is made.
把他们带下去
Take them away!
约瑟夫爵士
Sir Joseph.
沃克斯小姐
Mistress Vaux.
我表弟盖茨比的13磅 托马斯·温特8磅