剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
Pain management is... downtown, long-term.
所以能赚大钱 -现在你懂了
Hmm, so big money? - Now you got it.
你是否赞同他的策略
Did you agree with his strategy?
抱歉 -他的策略 你同意了吗
I'm sorry? - His strategy. Did you agree with it?
一开始我是同意的 我想要做一种更温和的止痛剂
At the beginning, yeah. I wanted to come up with a milder analgesic.
是否有任何理由 让你不想生产阿片类止痛药
Was there any reason that you didn't want to make an opioid-based painkiller?
太容易让人上瘾
Too addictive.
过去几百年的经验都能证明这点
And we've had centuries
鸦♥片♥、吗♥啡♥、可待因
opium, morphine, codeine.
说清楚一点就是 麻醉剂被用来制♥造♥阿片类止痛药
So just to be clear, opiates are used to manufacture opioid-based painkillers?
是的 是人造的
Yeah, they're man-made.
所以 既然所有人 都知道天然麻醉剂具有成瘾性
So if everyone knows that natural opiates are addictive,
为什么合成阿片药物 就不一样了呢
then why wouldn't it be the same for synthetic opioids?
其中一个原因是 1980年左右《新英格兰医学杂♥志♥》
Well, one reason is there was a piece in the New England Journal of Medicine
刊载了一篇文章
around 1980,
一些医生认为 阿片类不具有成瘾性
where some doctors said that opioids were not addictive...
从数据来看是这样的
statistically speaking.
这封信是经同行评议的 还是具有科学依据
Was the letter peer-reviewed or... scientifically backed up?
不是的 那上面只有一段话 但是乔治看到了它
No, ma'am. It was only a paragraph long. But George found it.
他喜欢那段话 因为他认为 这能在法律上保护我们
He loved it because he thought it gave us legal cover.
你是否被这封信说服了 -我是一名科学家
Were you swayed by the letter? - I'm a scientist!
抱歉我太大声了 那只是一篇表达意见的文章
Excuse me for raising my voice, but no. It was just an opinion piece.
但是乔治 他根本不在乎这点
But George, he didn't give a shit.
扎克斯博士 请注意你的措辞
Dr. Zax, language, please.
曲马东的测试结果如何
So the test results from Trimadone come back. What do they say?
结果显示它具有成瘾性
It said it was addictive.
那么 扎克斯博士 既然你知道曲马东具有成瘾性
So, Dr. Zax, why, if you knew that Trimadone was addictive,
为什么你不放弃它 选择做其他药物呢
why didn't you shelve it? Why didn't you work on something else?
我试过 我以为我做出了 一种不具备成瘾性的版本
I tried to. I thought I had developed a non-addictive formula for it.
但是突然 我遇到了意想不到的麻烦
But then suddenly I ran into unexpected complications.
我反对 -这个人
Objection! - This guy.
扎克斯博士 请不要提及阿穆辛
Dr. Zax, please refrain from mentioning Amurzyn.
她问了我一个问题 那我要如何回答呢?
She asked me a question, how am I supposed to answer?
索利斯帕帕吉恩小姐 你可以换个问题吗
Ms. Solis-Papagian, would you like to try that again?
当然
Sure.
如果你知道曲马东具有成瘾性 你为什么让它上市
If you knew that Trimadone was addictive, why did you release it?
因为那是乔治的要求
Well, 'cause that was George's call.
他从不真正关心 我所担忧的问题
He never seemed really interested in any of my concerns.
他只想要让曲马东尽快面世
All he wanted to do was get Trimadone out there as fast as he could.
那对他而言 是无法拒绝的商业模式
It was an undeniable business model for him.
让人上瘾的合法药物 自然会大卖♥♥
An addictive, legal drug? Sells itself.
接下来发生了什么
What happened next?
他把我赶出了公♥司♥
He pushed me out of the company.
他摆脱了我 都结束了 “你在这里的工作结束了”
He got rid of me. Done. "You're done here."
他想做扎克斯制药里 唯一的扎克斯
He wanted to be the only Zax in Zax Pharma.
继续大把地捞钱
And went on to make billions--
上亿美元的收入
and I mean billions of dollars--
不惜以人的生命为代价
off people's lives.
我能和你谈谈吗 法官大人 就一会
Um, can I have a moment, Your Honor? Just one moment.
陪审团喜欢他 我们应该在这里结束
The jury loves him. I think we should just end here.
你想要我跳过 精神健康的问题吗
What are you... Are you... You want me to skip over the mental health issues?
让格里芬来说 好吗 -不行 这就是最佳时机
Let Griffin address it, yeah. - No way, this is the perfect time.
我坚持 -他们会毁了他的 小珊
I insist. - They're gonna destroy... - I insist.
我坚持 -索利斯帕帕吉恩小姐 还有吗
Um, Ms. Solis-Papagian, anything else?
还有一件事 法官大人
Yeah, one more thing, Your Honor.
弗兰克 你能帮帮我吗
Frank, would you do me a favor?
你能看看我们的陪审团吗
Would you take a look at our fine jury, please?
你想和大家说说 为什么你有一只眼睛周围青了吗
Want to tell everyone why you have a black eye?
我弟弟打我
Well, my brother punched me.
你弟弟乔治打了你 是真的吗
I'm sorry, your brother George punched you, is that right?
是的 女士 -为什么
Yes, ma'am. - Why?
为什么 -嗯
Yeah. - Why?!
因为我在指证他
Because I was testifying against him.
谢谢 -谢谢 女士
Thank you. - Thank you, ma'am.
没问题了
No further questions.
我们知道 你非常懂药 弗兰克
We know you know a lot about drugs, Frank.
只是因为你的专业经验吗
Is that solely from your professional experience?
我反对 -我会重新措辞
Objection. - I'll rephrase.
你现在是否有服用任何 会改变你的精神状态的药物
Are you currently taking any drugs that may alter your mental state?
我在服用氯氮平和拉莫三嗪
I'm taking clozapine and, uh, lamotrigine.
一种是安定药 一种是情绪稳定剂
An antipsychotic and a mood stabilizer.
你上过学 是吗
Well, you've been to school, haven't you?
你服用这些药物 来治疗分♥裂♥情感性障碍 是吗
You take those to treat your schizoaffective disorder, right?
我反对 法官大人 这与本案无关
Objection! No, this goes beyond the scope of relevance, Your Honor.
你们两个人过来
Your Honor? - Both of you, up here.
这个问题关乎他证词的可信度
This questioning goes straight to his credibility.
精神疾病不意味着可信度会受到损害
Mental illness does not mean that his credibility is impaired.
那由法♥院♥决定
That's for the court to decide.
他在欺负一个脆弱的人
No, he is bullying a vulnerable person,
他在歧视精神疾病
Your Honor, and he is stigmatizing mental illness,
证人的可信度是本案的核心
and that is not fair. This witness's credibility is the heart of this case,
我请求给我回旋的余地
Your Honor, and I'm asking for some leeway.
你是在下一盘非常危险的棋 佩托克先生
You're playing a very dangerous game, Mr. Petock.
我没有别的选择
I don't see that I have any other choice here.
如果原告没有阐明 他们证人的问题 那不是我的错
It's not my fault the plaintiffs didn't address their witness's issues.
反对无效
Hmm. Objection overruled.
你可以继续 但要小心
You may continue, with caution.
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
弗兰克 -嗯
Frank? - Yeah?
你是否是定期服药
Are you taking this drug regimen regularly?
一天两次
Twice a day.
你在25年前就开始服用这些药物
And you started taking those meds about 25 years ago,
大概在你离开扎克斯制药的时候
around the time you left Zax Pharma?
差不多吧
Could be something like that, yeah,
四分之一个世纪前
about... quarter of a century.
你是否很难区别现实和幻想
Do you have any trouble differentiating between reality and delusion?
没有
None.
你说你弟弟 把你赶出扎克斯制药
You said your brother pushed you out of Zax Pharma
因为你企图阻止生产曲马东
because you tried to stop Trimadone,
是的
correct? - That's correct.
那是在…
And that was...
1994年8月5日 是吗
on August 5, 1994?
我不知道
Correct? - I don't know.
你记不记得7月30日前的 那一周发生了什么
Do you happen to remember what happened the week before, on July 30?
小伙子 你难倒我了
You got me, bud.
这张照片能让你想起什么吗 -我反对
Does this refresh your memory? - Objection!
法官大人 我们手上没有那个
Your Honor, we don't have whatever that is.
现在你有了 第233号♥附件
Now you do. Exhibit 233.
佩托克先生 为什么你之前没把这个拿出来
Any reason that you've kept this to yourself, Mr. Petock?
我们直到最后一分钟 才知道扎克斯博士会出庭作证
Dr. Zax is a surprise witness, Your Honor. Thrown at us at the last minute.
由于时间有限 我们会尽全力盘问他
We're doing our best to cross-examine him given the time constraints.
佩托克先生 请注意约束你自己
Consider yourself on a short leash, Mr. Petock.
你能读下这份报告吗 只要读重点标注的部分就好
Can you read that report, please? Just the highlighted parts will do.
我反对 这是小道消息
Objection, hearsay!
这是20年前的文件 并且是官方记录的一部分
The document's over 20 years old and a part of official state records.
反对无效 扎克斯博士 你可以读一下
Overruled. Dr. Zax, you may read.
你能读下这份报告吗
Can you please read the report?
我要戴眼镜 而我把眼镜落家里了
I wear glasses and they're at my house.
当然
Oh, of course!
乔治来了
Georgie comes in!
在他的庭审上 他的口袋里
Happens to have a pair of my glasses in his pocket
碰巧有一副我的眼镜
at his trial.
我要读什么 -只要读重点标注的部分就好
Where do I read? - Just the highlighted parts will do.
“警官在特克街200号♥
"Officers reporting to the 200 block of Turk Street
“发现亚瑟弗兰西斯科扎克斯 年龄51岁
found Arthur Francis Zax, age 51,
“走在马路中间
walking down the middle of the road...
“全身赤♥裸♥ 表现易怒且困惑
naked and in a state of irritability and confusion."
“他被拘留以待检查”
"He was taken into custody for evaluation."
在这阶段你曾有许多幻觉
You were suffering through a lot of delusions
不是吗
during this period, weren't you?
我不记得 我知道我当时压力很大
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表