剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
What are you getting, a third?
三分之一 我们之前是
What? Oh, we were.
那拉塞尔就是四亿 -那会让我们一败涂地
Well, then, 400 for Russell. That would annihilate our entire share.
如果你输了 你要承担十五亿
You'll be eating the whole $1.5 billion if you lose in court.
不会的 因为法官不会放过你的客户
No, because the jury will take a literal shit on top of your clients.
你不想法庭上见 六亿是个好数字
You don't want to go to court. Six hundred is a good number.
去告诉你们的老板 你们做得很好 我们也很满意
That way, you get to go back to your bosses and tell them what a good boy you've been, they'll be happy, you'll be happy, we'll be happy.
否则我们要打 一个月的官司 结局会很惨
Otherwise, we're all gonna be in trial for a month, and we're all gonna be fucking miserable.
好的 六亿
All right, 600.
我很满意 你呢
I'm happy. You?
窃喜 -对
Maleficent? - Yeah.
我们非常高兴
Hey, we're fucking ecstatic.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿
Hey.
哇
Wow.
嘿
Hey.
我在镇上 我想我会逗留一会 你明白
I was just... I was in town, and I figured I'd stop by, you know?
当然
Sure.
比利想让你知道他正在想办法
Billy wants you to know that he's working on it.
好的 你知道多少吗
Okay. How much do you know?
比你知道的多 他全都跟我说了
More than you. He gave me the full rundown.
那不公平 因为我什么都不知道 我刚才在楼上 不能再拖了
Yeah, but that's not fair, 'cause I don't know shit. Like, just now, I'm upstairs, I can't stall.
我要促成和解 我是…
I have to negotiate a settlement. I mean, what am I supposed to...?
抱歉打扰下 你好
Sorry to interrupt. - Hi.
阿瓦说和格里芬的谈判很顺利
Ava said things went great with Griffin.
你还好吗
You feel good?
不是很好
Not really.
好吧 你做得很好
Well, you did great.
抱歉 这是我外地来的朋友 布列塔尼
I'm sorry. This is my friend from out of town, Brittany.
珊曼莎马戈利斯 执行事务合伙人
Uh, Samantha Margolis. She's the managing partner.
我的老板 -很高兴见到你
Uh, my boss. - Oh. Oh, nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你 小珊 -你好
Nice to meet you. Sam. - Hi. Hello.
你来自哪里 -芝加哥
So where are you from? - Chicago.
太棒了 我喜欢芝加哥
Oh, great. I love Chicago.
你们怎么认识的
And how do you guys know each other?
我们以前是同事
We used to work together.
以前一起在地♥产♥公♥司♥工作 -是的
Our old days in real estate. - That's right.
对 我忘了你以前是做地♥产♥销♥售♥的 -对
Oh, that's right. I forget that you used to sell houses. Yeah.
我载你们去听聆讯吧
Would you like a ride to the hearing?
我还要再等几分钟 到时候见 但还是谢谢你
Uh, you know, I'm gonna take a few minutes, and I'll see you there, but thank you.
很高兴见到你 那你在这等吧 -很高兴见到你
It was nice meeting you. Enjoy your stay. Nice to meet you.
所以
So?
见到你真好 -好吧
It's good to see you. Okay.
我也很高兴
It's good to see you, too.
别去听比利取消律师资格的聆讯
Don't go to Billy's disbarment hearing.
威廉汉弥尔顿麦克布莱德 从事渎职行为
William Hamilton McBride has engaged in misconduct
威胁司法机关
that has threatened the administration of justice.
他藐视纪律 被强行赶出法庭
He was held in contempt and forcibly removed from court.
未向他的客户传递和解需求
He failed to communicate settlement offers to his clients
拒绝遵守他们的决定
and refused to abide by their decision.
他违反了客户的保密权利
He breached privileged client confidences
使用前客户的保密信息 用于不利于其的意图
and used protected information to the disadvantage of his former client.
为了保护公众
To protect the public,
我们要求立即取消他的律师资格
we are asking for his immediate disbarment.
麦克布莱德先生
Mr. McBride.
麦克布莱德先生
Mr. McBride?
是
Yes.
你有什么要为自己辩护的吗
Do you have anything to say in your defense?
有的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
25年前扎克斯制药雇佣我审查
Twenty-five years ago, Zax Pharma hired me to review test results
某种实验药物的试验结果 并让我写了一份劝诫信
of an experimental drug and write an advisory letter.
他们雇佣我 是因为我不是该领域的专家
The reason they hired me was because I wasn't an expert in the field.
这只是他们的一种策略
It was just strategy.
这些大企业
You see, these huge corporations,
他们把工作分发给周围所有的律所
they, uh, toss a little work to all the law firms around
这样这些律师未来就不能起诉他们
so these attorneys can't sue them in the future.
麦克布莱德先生 这是关于你的不当行为的聆讯
This hearing is about your misconduct,
不是企业策略
Mr. McBride, not corporate strategy.
对
Right.
我们的职业操守 旨在维护和保护我们的客户
But our ethics rules are meant to shield and protect our clients.
但是这也成了 富人和有权势的人的武器
But they've become weapons for the rich and powerful.
说重点 麦克布莱德先生
Get to the point, Mr. McBride.
好的
Okay.
重点是这个案子里 其中一位开除我的被告
My point is, is that one of the defendants in the case that I was dismissed from
就是扎克斯制药
is Zax Pharma.
他们被指控引起了阿片滥用
They're being sued for their role in the opioid epidemic.
具体而言 他们制♥造♥、营销
More specifically, their liability in the manufacture, marketing
销♥售♥一种叫曲马东的药物 而这种药物将导致公众健康危机
and sale of a drug called Trimadone, which caused a public health crisis.
而我在25年前所发现的
And what I've discovered
他们雇佣我 审查某种药物的试验结果
is 25 years ago, they hired me to review test results of a drug
他们希望那是 一种非上瘾形式的曲马东
that they were hoping would be a nonaddictive form of Trimadone.
这意味着 早在25年前
Which means 25 years ago,
他们就知道曲马东具有高度成瘾性
they knew that Trimadone was highly addictive.
否则他们不会 开♥发♥另一种药物 另一种版本
Otherwise, they wouldn't develop another one. Another version.
非上瘾性的版本
A nonaddictive one.
他们在这个案子的 每个环节都隐瞒了该信息
They withheld this information every step of this case.
他们说谎了
They lied.
麦克布莱德先生 要么为你自己辩护 要么就别说了
Either defend your misconduct, Mr. McBride, or I'm cutting you off.
显而易见 他们在法庭上使诈
That's fraud on the tribunal, pure and simple.
好了 麦克布莱德先生 我已经给了你很多回旋的余地
Oh, that's it, Mr. McBride. I've given you plenty of leeway.
你说的所有内容都不是 你在公开法庭上泄露客户隐私的借口
There's nothing you've said that excuses breaching a client's confidence in open court,
但我想那不是你要说的重点
but I suspect that wasn't your point.
显然 你完全无视我们专业人员的职责
You've shown a clear disregard for our rules of professional responsibility
也无意弥补你的过错
and an indifference toward atonement for your misconduct.
你将被吊销律师资格一年
You are hereby suspended from the practice of law for a year,
你将进入考察期 直至你证明你了解
and you are on probation until you can prove
专业人员的职责
your knowledge of the rules of professional responsibility,
这意味着 你要重新参加职业道德考试
which means you will be taking the MPRE again.
休会
This court is adjourned.
我懂… -我明白你所说的
I understand, but I just... I can hear what you're saying.
但我真的希望你能再考虑下
But I just... I urge you to reconsider.
比利麦克布莱德 在拿他自己的职业生涯冒险
Billy McBride just put his career on the line
为了将信息呈到法庭上
in order to get that information into court.
如果他说的是真的 我们要好好调查一番
Now, if what he said is true, we have to pursue it.
简单来说 如果我们要起诉扎克斯
To be clear, if we pursue Zax
我们会错过一亿六千万的和解金
and we void the $160 million settlement
开庭审判 那是你的选择
and force a trial, that's your choice.
然而 如果两份和解都撤销
However, if Griffin pulls both of the settlements,
我们要承担十五亿美元
we are liable for $1.5 billion.
对
Correct.
是的 那是个大数目
Yeah, it's a lot of money.
我会承担一亿六千万的损失
I will eat the 160,
但是比利麦克布莱德违背职业操守
but Billy McBride's malpractice?
现在马戈利斯与楚律师事务所 就要承担责任
Now, that's on Margolis & True
老实说 不是我的问题
and, frankly, not my problem.
好吧
Right.
回去工作吧
Better get to work.
我的天啦
Jesus fucking Christ.
小珊 我真的觉得 你没有看到事情的要害
Sam, I-I really think that you're not seeing the bigger picture here.
如果我们进入审判阶段 我们可以证明麦克布莱德说的一切
So, if we go to trial and we can prove everything that McBride says,
马戈利斯与楚律师事务所 会成为告倒制药集团的事务所
then Margolis & True becomes the firm that takes down Big Pharma.
那会带来我们难以想象的业务量
That's gonna generate more business than we could ever have imagined.
如果我们输了呢
And what if we lose?
如果让帕蒂做首席律师打官司 那我们输定了
Well, with bloody Patty leading the show, we will.
你要抓住机会…
You step up, I'm really...
不 这样不行 -小珊
No. - That's not gonna happen. - Sam, I'm confident
我相信如果你在这个位置上…
that if you take this position...
不 阿瓦 不会那样的
No. Ava, no. It's not happening.
扎克斯制药
我们该怎么办
So, what are we gonna do?
我们
"We"?
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表