剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表
she threw her skateboard at me and hit me in the chest.
她朝我扔了一块滑板 正中我胸膛
Well, officer, yes or no,
警官 请回答是或者否
you are not assigned to the transit bureau?
您并不隶属于交通管理局
Yes, not.
是的 不隶属
You're not...Not?
你 不 不隶属
Right. Not.
是的 不隶属
The double negative is a little confusing, counselor.
您的双重否认有些表意不清 律师
I apologize, your honor.
向您致歉 法官大人
just relax.
放松
Mr. Roswell?
罗斯威尔先生
Um, excuse me.
不好意思
One second, your honor.
稍等 法官大人
I need you to take over.
你来接替我
Officer lidell, as a patrol officer,
埃德尔警官 作为巡警
your precinct doesn't cover the subway, does it?
您的执勤范围并不包括地铁 是吗
Uh, no, we can enter the subway in pursuit of a suspect.
不 如果有追缉疑犯的需要 我们可以进入地铁
Only you weren't pursuing ms. Guerrero
可当时您进入地铁站的时候
when you entered the subway, were you?
并没有在追捕格雷罗女士 是吗
No.
是的
We just happened to be there.
我们只是恰巧在场
You arrested ms. Guerrero at 3:46...
您于3:46逮捕了格雷罗女士
...Right before your tour ended.
当时您的执勤即将结束
That's right.
是的
So, seven hours of nothing,
7小时的工作 一无所获
and you happen to find a crime outside your jurisdiction,
然后就在您即将下班的14分钟前 在您的辖区范围外
14 minutes before the end of your shift?
您正好发现了一个罪犯
That's how it happened, counselor.
是这样的 律师
Well, that's funny.
有意思
That's how it happened three times that same week,
是这样的 一周内 这样了三次
and twice the week before.
上周有两倍这样的事情
yeah. Yeah. These records reflect
拿着 这些纪录显示
that this officer and his partner
这位警官和他的搭档
arrested nine other people on five separate occasions
过去两周时间内 在即将结束执勤之前
at that same subway station
于五个不同场合下
right before the end of their shift
在同一个地铁站
in the past two weeks.
逮捕了九个人
Now, including the time it takes to process the paperwork,
再加上处理文书工作的时间
that's about 94 hours of overtime,
总共是94小时的加班
for a total of about $6,200, isn't it?
共挣得6200美金 是吗
Objection.
反对
Is he seriously arguing
难道他要证明
this officer's overtime is relevant?
这位警官加班也与本案有关吗
Well, it's relevant if this officer
如果这位警官用加班
and his partner engaged in collars for dollars.
换业绩 那么就有关
I've never heard of collars for dollars.
我不知道什么用加班换业绩
I was doing my job.
我只是在做本职工作
No, you weren't.
不 你不是
You were lining your pockets before christmas
你想在趁着圣诞节快到了多挣些钱
and abusing the system for your own benefit.
你这是假公济私
Is he going to ask any questions
他还问不问问题了
or just make unfounded accusations?
还是继续无端控告
Your honor, everyone sitting here
法官大人 在座所有人都知道
knows that collars for dollars exists.
加班换业绩的事情真实存在
I know it.
我知道
She knows it.
她知道
I'm guessing you've heard of it.
我想你也知道
The defendant still jumped the turnstile,
但被告人跳过了旋转门 她的地铁卡
and her metrocard records prove it,
也是证据 这是不争事实
so I'm afraid none of this really matters.
恐怕他所说的这一切都不重要
It'll matter when we file a clayton motion.
如果我们发起克雷顿动议就有效了
If a police officer's conduct
如果一位警官的行为
is more corrupt than a defendant's --
比被告人更腐♥败♥
okay, maybe the cop wants to impress his boss.
也许这位警♥察♥是想给上司留个好印象
Maybe he's in a bad mood.
也许他是心情不好
None of it matters if the people he arrests
但只要他逮捕的人确实有犯罪行为
commit the crime.
这一切就都不重要
She has a point there, counselor.
她说的有道理 律师
Why should their motivations matter?
动机重要吗
Because it's happening at every precinct in the city.
因为这样的情况 每天都在城市里的每个角落上演
And police officers are targeting people of color,
警官专门瞄准有色人种
which takes us to one of the other clayton factors --
这就要涉及到克雷顿判例的一条
"the impact of a dismissal upon the confidence of the public
驳回诉讼对刑事司法制度的公信力
in the criminal justice system."
之影响
and you think dismissing this one case
您认为撤回本次公诉
will improve public confidence in the system?
将提升刑事司法制度的公信力
When it represents a corrupt city-wide practice,
如果说这个案子代表着全市范围的不当执法行径
then yes.
那就可以
That's our argument.
这就是我们的理由
How will you prove collars for dollars
你怎么证明这种权钱交易
is bigger than these two officers?
不仅涉及这两位警官
Let me subpoena nypd records.
请允许我传讯纽约警局记录
I'm not opening up that can of worms
就你目前提供的证据
based on what you've presented so far.
我是不会去捅那个马蜂窝的
Then I can't bring you anything else
没有那个传票
without that subpoena.
我提供不了其它证据
I admit it's a conundrum.
那就陷入了两难之境
So you have 48 hours to figure it out.
给你48小时找出解决之道
That was embarrassing.
刚才太丢人了
it was just nerves. It's been a long time.
你只是紧张而已 毕竟过去这么长时间了
I'll walk them out, make sure they're okay.
我送她们出去 保证她们没事
It was more than just nerves.
不只是紧张
I've never been in a courtroom sober.
我从没有清醒状态下上法庭
I wish you'd have told me that.
你怎么不早点告诉我
I could have helped you prep or something --
我可以帮你准备或者演练一下
I just don't know what we're gonna do now.
不知道我们现在该怎么办
we need a whistleblower, someone on the inside.
我们需要个告密的 一个内部人员
Never gonna happen.
绝对不可能
There's lots of cops -- it's a blue wall, aaron.
那么多警♥察♥ 警♥察♥不会出♥卖♥♥♥自己人 亚伦
Collars for dollars is their honey pot.
抓人创收是他们的钱罐子
Alright, then...
好吧 那么
We find someone outside the force,
我们找个警局之外的人
someone retired.
已经退休的
you must know some people. Right.
你肯定认识什么人 是啊
Like I got a bunch of old cops on my speed dial.
你以为我电♥话♥簿里存了一堆老警♥察♥的号♥码吗
Just 'cause you blew it in there
刚才一次失利
doesn't mean you get to throw in the towel.
不代表你就彻底失败
look. I just need a minute, okay?
好吧 让我先静一静 好吗
Hey!
嘿
You pushed her to do this.
你逼她走到了这一步
So now it's time to dig deep.
现在是时候刨根问底了
That's how this has gotta be.
我们必须这么多
Dig deep, henry.
刨根问底 亨利
hey, thanks for your lead.
嘿 谢谢你的讲话
I'm not on the third step yet,
我还没开始第三步呢
but I like your idea of a higher power.
不过我喜欢你说头顶三尺有神灵那些的
Oh, I'm glad. It's henry, right?
喜欢就好 你叫亨利吧
Yeah. Haven't seen you for a while. yeah.
是啊 好久不见了 嗯
I switched to a morning meeting a few months ago.
几个月前我换到参加上午的互助会了
But I miss this place.
但是我怀念这个地方
It's where I got sober.
我是在这里戒酒的
Yeah. You and half of manhattan.
是啊 你还有半个曼哈顿
You used to be a cop, right?
你以前是警♥察♥吧
I'm a criminal defense attorney.
我是名刑事辩护律师
Oh, well, we gotta arm-wrestle now?
那我们有得一拼了
can I ask you something?
能问你点事儿吗
Have you ever heard of collars for dollars?
你听说过抓人创收吗
Why?
怎么了
I got this case.
我有个案子
A young kid who could get deported
一个小孩子因为逃票
because of a turnstile jump,
要被驱逐出境
剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表