I'm not trying to talk to her through you, Imani.
我没想通过你找她 艾玫妮
That's not what I was try...
我不是这个意思…
Right.
好吧
♪ Of sentimental veneer ♪
♪ 伤感的表象 ♪
♪ I wonder how I'll sleep ♪
♪ 我该如何入睡 ♪
I'm doing good. I'm... I just came from my meeting.
我挺好的 我…刚刚在和别人见面
Now I'm standing in the parking lot. Ha.
现在站在停车场上
Nah, nah, nah.
不是的 不是
I'm just getting pancakes with a kid I sponsor.
和一小孩吃松饼 我是她的担♥保♥人
♪ Hold out a little bit more ♪
♪ 再多坚持一会 ♪
♪ A little bit more, just a little bit more ♪
♪ 就一点点 再多一点 ♪
Who's this?
这是谁啊
Rashad?
拉沙德吗
"Who's this?"
你问我是谁吗
It's Poppo.
是爸爸啊
Poppo Ali.
阿里爸爸
Wait, wait, wait. Say it again.
等下等下 再说一遍
Oh, yeah, little man!
啊 小家伙
What a voice he has on him.
这小家伙的声音真可爱
Right?
不是吗
Wait. How tall is he by now?
小家伙现在多高了
Is he... What... yeah.
他是不是…
Oh, yeah. No, I, I, I understand.
不 我理解
It's not a problem.
没问题
♪ Is it laced within my DNA ♪
♪ 铭刻在我生命里 ♪
♪ To be braced in endless January ♪
♪ 在没有尽头的一月 被支持着 ♪
♪ Have I become the cavity I feared? ♪
♪ 我被曾经害怕的空洞吞噬了吗 ♪
I, I'm all right.
我没事
I, I just feel like I'm in a...
我只是觉得…
one of them old movies.
我好像在一部老电影里
"It's a Wonderful Life."
"美妙人生"
It's a wonderful life.
人生真是美妙
Merry Christmas, Imani.
圣诞快乐 艾玫妮
♪ Ask me in 20 years ♪
♪ 二十年后 再问我 ♪
Ali, what am I supposed to do about Jules?
阿里 我该怎么和朱尔斯相处
Miss Marsha?
玛莎小姐
Question.
我有一个问题
Yes?
请讲
How long you been clean?
你戒毒多久了
Seventeen years,
十七年
by the grace of God.
上帝保佑
Seventeen years.
整整十七年
Never thought I'd be able to say that.
从没想过我能戒这么久
But I say it with a lot of pride.
但我很骄傲
Seventeen years.
整整十七年
Why?
为什么
What would happen if, uh, you thought about dating
你觉得刚戒毒那几年
in the early stages of you trying to get clean?
如果邀请你去约会 你会怎么取舍
You want to know if I was interested in dating,
你是要问我对约会更感兴趣
or if I was interested in getting clean?
还是对戒毒更感兴趣
'Cause the answer is "yes" to both of those questions.
我对两者都很热衷
But...
但是…
I had to not be in a relationship,
我跳出一段亲密关系
so that I could focus on my sobriety.
好让我专心戒断
Because that's what I wanted,
这才是我想要的
and I didn't have enough energy for both of those.
鱼和熊掌 我没办法两者兼顾
And I wanted to get clean.
更别说我还要戒毒
Everything that's good to you
不是所有美好的事情
ain't always good for you.
都适合你
What do you have to say to somebody who doesn't
你想对一个完全丧失希望的人
have a whole lot of hope?
说些什么
When I was a little girl growing up,
当我还是小姑娘 在长大的时候
my grandma used to
我祖母经常说一句老话
always have this saying,
我从来不明白
and I never understood what it meant
直到我下定决心要戒毒时
until I was ready to get clean.
才理解它真正的含义
And her words were, "Baby, trouble don't last always.
她说 "孩子 烦恼只是一时的"
And it doesn't, if you want to make a change.
她说的没错 只要你决心改变
That's up to you.
这取决于你自己
You got any more questions for me
我要继续数小费了
while I'm trying to count my tips?
你还有其他问题吗
Nah, count 'em.
没有了 你数吧
Imma throw a couple more in there later.
等下我再给你加一点
You need to, with your cheap ass.
确实 你个小气鬼
That's the truth, right there.
她刚说的没错
You know...
你知道吗...
It's funny, when I think about it.
这事我现在想来还是觉得可笑
I still blame Jules for all this shit.
我依旧觉得这都是朱尔斯的错
Why?
为什么
'Cause...
因为...
I was clean.
我都已经戒毒成功了
And I was, like, gonna stay clean.
也打算要一直保持下去
And for the most part, I was pretty happy, so...
而且大部分时间里 我还是挺开心的 所以...
And fuckin' Jules... Wait, wait.
然后朱尔斯他妈的... 等下
You were gonna stay clean?
你说本来打算不复吸的
Yeah. With pills in your room?
是啊 可药还在你房♥间里
I wasn't taking them.
我又没吃
You were saving them. Yeah.
你存着这些药 对
Even though you just said you were gonna stay clean.
即便你刚刚说决定不复吸
And that relapsing was Jules' fault.
之后你又把锅全甩给朱尔斯
Ali, you don't know what she did to me.
阿里 你不知道她对我做了什么
You're right. I don't.
我确实不知情
She cheated on me.
她劈腿
When I was sober, she literally cheated on me.
在我戒毒的时候 她还劈腿
I didn't know that.
我不知道这些事
Exactly.
没错
So, you were in a relationship.
所以你们是情侣吗
Yeah.
是啊
I thought you two were just friends.
我以为你们只是朋友
No.
不是
Huh.
是吗
When did it shift?
你们关系什么时候进了一步
Uh, the night of the carnival, she came over,
就嘉年华那晚 她来找我
and we, like, kissed a whole bunch.
然后我们 亲了好一阵
Okay, but when did it become a relationship?
好 但你们什么时候确认关系的
I just told you. That night.
我刚说了 那天晚上
It became a relationship that night.
你们那天晚上就在一起了
Yeah. So it wasn't just kissing.
对 所以那晚你们不只是接吻
You two talked about being together.
还谈了关于在一起的事
What? That's so weird.
什么 那也太奇怪了吧
What?
怎么
Why would we talk about it?
我们干嘛要谈这些
Because that's how people get into relationships, Rue.
人们都是这样确立关系的 鲁
They talk about it.
他们会谈清楚
I mean, we said "I love you."
但我们互相说了"我爱你"
A lot.
很多次
I say "I love you" to my barber.
我对我的理发师也会说"我爱你"
Okay, yeah, but you don't make out with your barber.
好吧 但你不会和你的理发师亲热
Even if I did, my barber might assume
即便我做了 他可能会默许
it was just a casual thing.
我们是炮♥友♥的关系
We talked about getting matching tattoos
我们还说要在唇内
on the inside of our lips.
纹相同的纹身
Damn.
我去
Did you?
你们去纹了吗
No, but we, we talked about it.
没有 但我们 我们说过的
Okay.
好吧
Keep going.
继续说
I mean, there's nothing else to say, you know?
也没什么其他的好说了
Except that I loved her.
还有就是我爱过她
I trusted her.
我曾经很相信她