Very few.
很少
You know, it's interesting, 'cause, like...
还挺有意思的...
It's kind of what I struggle with.
这也是我挣扎的地方
What do you mean?
我不懂你的意思
The NA shit.
戒毒互助所这玩意
Step one, I, I, I'm cool with.
第一 我没意见
Like, you know, I, I can,
就像 我能
I can agree, you know,
我同意
I'm powerless over drugs, and my life is unmanageable.
对于毒品我无能为力 我无生活一团糟
That's not, like, fucking inconceivable.
一切皆有可能
Right. Right. But, um... It's step two.
同意 但是... 第二
"Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves
"要相信 比我们自身更强大的力量
could restore us to sanity."
可以让我们恢复心智"
That one, I just, I, uh...
这点我 我...
I have some trouble with.
我理解不了
Oh, oh, okay.
这样啊
All right, all right, I see.
好的 明白了
Now I get it.
了解
You don't believe there's a power on Earth
你不相信世界上能有
greater than Rue.
比你自己更强大的力量
That's not true.
不是这样的
Really? It's not true.
真的吗 不是
I think there's tons of shit
我觉得
that is of greater power than me.
比我强大的力量多了去了
Name one.
比如
A Mack truck.
一辆卡车
What? Name another.
不是吗 再比如
Uh, the ocean.
海洋
Try again.
还有呢
Shit. I would say
还有
That doesn't make any sense.
才不是呢
It does. Yeah, it does.
真的是 真的
It does. What?
本来就是 是什么
The... The impact that "Try a Little Tenderness"
"试一抹温柔" 这首歌♥
had on the world is, is more than I, I could ever do.
对世界的影响力 是我永远无法企及的
Well... It's more than probably
怎么说呢 任何人
any of us will ever fucking do. All right, all right, all right.
都无法企及 好了好了
Little smart ass. Okay, that's not gonna cut it.
小鬼头 并不是这样的
Ali, I don't believe in God.
阿里 我不信上帝
Guess what?
你知道吗
God doesn't give a fuck if you believe in him.
上帝根本不在乎你信不信
He believes in you. I don't know.
他相信你 我不知道
That, that, that sounds good,
这话听着不错
but it, it doesn't really mean anything.
但 又有什么意义呢
Of course it means something.
当然有意义了
If God didn't believe in you, you wouldn't even
如果上帝不相信你
still be breathing.
你现在也不会活着
So, you're saying the reason my dad died is because
你的意思是说我爸去世是因为
God didn't believe in him?
上帝不信他了
Rue, uh, that's not what I ...
鲁 我不是...
There's nothing that makes me angrier than
这种该死的理由
that fucking argument.
最让我生气
Hey, that's, that's not what I was saying...
我不是这个意思...
You know, 'cause every time someone survives,
因为每次有人
like, a mass shooting or some terrible fucking earthquake,
从枪弹雨林还是他妈大地震中死里逃生
they always say, you know, "I survived for a reason.
他们就会说一句话 "我活下来是有原因的
God saved me for a reason. I have a purpose."
上帝让我活着是有原因的 我有使命"
And then I think to myself, like, okay, well,
那我就会想 好
what you're saying is that your life is more important
你说你的命
than that six-year-old who died that day,
比那天死去的六岁小孩重要
or the newborn who died that day,
比那天死去的新生儿重要
or anybody fucking else who died that day.
比那天死去的任何人都重要
Your life has a purpose, right?
你有使命 是吗
Well, why does your life have a purpose,
那为什么就你有
and my dad's doesn't?
我爸就不能有呢
Because I could argue that my dad's purpose
我可以说我父亲的使命
was to raise me and my sister.
是把我和我妹妹抚养成人
To be there for my mom.
是陪在我母亲身边
That was his purpose, I think.
这就是他的使命
But, you know.
但是
He's dead.
他死了
Listen... Ali, if you're,
听着... 阿里 如果你
if you're about to tell me
如果你只是想说
that he died for a reason, or you know, whatever,
他的死事出有因什么的
I will literally walk the fuck out.
我真的会转身就走
I, I wasn't.
我 我不想那么说
He didn't die to teach us a lesson.
他不是为了给我们一个教训才死的
Okay? He didn't die to, you know,
他不是为了
have us all come together, or whatever the fuck
让我们团结起来或者干什么而死的
people tell people when they don't have anything to say.
人们之所以这么说是因为没话说了
He died because he died. That's it.
他死了就是死了 就是这样
Same stupid reason I came out of the womb
就跟我出生时会被脐带缠脖子
with a couple wires crossed.
一样愚蠢的理由
Right? Just fucking luck.
对吧 只是他妈幸运罢了
You said it.
你说得对
That's it.
就是这样
Listen...
听着...
I don't know all the answers.
我并不知道所有问题的答案
And I'm not gonna pretend to.
我也不会假装我知道
But I do know that at any given point
我确实知道的是在任一时刻
that we're unable to see and comprehend
我们都没办法探知和理解
the overall arc of human life.
人类生命轨迹的全貌
No person can see it.
没人能知道
The whole chain reaction of how things come to be
自始至终事物如何形成的
from beginning to end.
这整个连锁反应
It's a mystery, and will always remain a mystery.
这是个谜 这将永远是个谜
How, um, six-year-old Malcolm Little's daddy
六岁的马尔科姆·利托的爸爸
was killed in a streetcar accident.
是如何死于有轨电车事故
Rumor was it that the Black Legion did it.
有传言说是黑色军团干的
The KKK.
三K党
How that little boy grew up believing that this white world
那小男孩是如何在成长中相信这白人世界
had no place for a black man like him, so fuck it.
没给像他这样的黑人留位置 所以去他妈的
He moves to Harlem, becomes a pimp.
他搬去哈莱姆 成了皮条客
Becomes an addict.
成了瘾君子
Starts robbing and stealing, till he gets locked up.
开始抢劫 盗窃 直到被关起来
Who discovers Islam.
谁创立的伊♥斯♥兰♥教
Who starts a movement.
谁发起的运动
Who scares the living shit out of white America so bad
谁把美国白人吓得屁滚尿流
that white America was so afraid that they
以至于他们如此害怕
embraced another Negro, one who had a dream,
接纳另一个曾经有梦想的黑人
not to cut the head off the snake,
但为了和谐相处 并没有斩草除根
even if that's what they deserved, but to live in harmony.
即使他们明明值得这一切
Next thing you know, Civil Rights Act.
接着就有了民权法案
The first legislative steps granting you and I the right
第一个赋予你我坐在
to sit in this motherfuckin'
这操蛋餐厅
diner to have a conversation about whether or not
讨论你是否想
you wanna stay clean from drugs.
远离毒品的权利法案
Drugs that were given to your ancestors
这些毒品曾是控制你的先辈
to keep them inebriated, inoculated, enslaved.
酗酒 进行人体试验和被奴役的东西
Drugs that stripped them of their ability to not
这些毒品不仅剥夺了他们追求自♥由♥
just be free, but to imagine a world in which they were free.
也剥夺了他们想像身处自♥由♥世界的能力
So, why is one person's purpose greater than another's?
这就是为何有人会有更崇高的使命
Why are some people struck down while others live?
为何有些人倒下了 而其他人活着
Why are you, Rue Bennett, sitting here when other
为什么你 鲁·班内特 可以坐在这
17-year-olds, 17-year-olds who are better, who are kinder,
而其他更棒 更友善 更令人尊敬的
who are more respectful than you, aren't sitting here,
十七岁少年却未能如愿
I don't know.
我不知道
That's the mystery.
这是个谜
But here we are.
但我们就在这
So what now?
现在怎么办