剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
伟大的美国诗人
Great American poet.
未来从不说话
The Future never spoke
它也不会像哑巴
Nor will he like the Dumb
以音节为记号♥来显示
Reveal by sign a syllable
它深沉地到来
Of his profound To Come -
希金森上校
Colonel Higginson?
长官 你能听我说吗
If I may request your attention, sir?
亨利 击拳问好
Henry. Fist bump.
没想到你会来 进来吧
Wasn't expecting you. Come on in.
我在尝试理解这张地图
Just trying to wrap my head around this here map.
我从不擅长看地图
I've never been good with maps.
但你说吧 你在想什么
But tell me, what's on your mind?
你知道联盟军在行军中
You're aware that Confederates are on the march
不久之后
and that not long from now
激烈的战事将会在博福特基地爆发
the heat of battle will reach the base here in Beaufort itself.
对
Yes.
事实上 如果我没看错地图的话
In fact, if I understand this thing correctly,
我们的敌人正从这边过来
our enemy is coming from right here…
(布罗德河)
然后和我们交战的位置
and will be engaging us…
(皇家港口岛)
大概在这里
somewhere here.
战况会很混乱
It's gonna be messy.
亨利
You know, Henry…
有时候我真希望我能回去
Sometimes I wish I could just be back
回到《大西洋月刊》舒服的办公室
in the comfortable offices of the Atlantic magazine,
为年轻诗人提供建议
giving advice to young poets.
写关于小鸟生活的文章 对现在的我来说就好像天堂一样
Writing essays about the life of birds seems like paradise to me right now.
战争是地狱
War is hell.
上校 我深表认同
I'm right there with you, Colonel.
但我要问的是
But what I am asking is,
当战事来临的时候 你要我们的志愿兵做什么
when battle comes, what would you have our men do?
你训练他们、考验他们
You've drilled them and tested them,
你要他们穿起士兵制♥服♥ 却没有给他们武器
you've dressed them up like soldiers, but you haven't armed them with weapons.
难道要他们排好队 纯粹像炮灰那样死去吗
Are they expected to line up and perish as mere cannon fodder?
萨克斯顿将军下令
The men have been ordered by General Saxton
志愿兵团要加固路障
to reinforce the barricades.
上校 恕我直言
With all due respect, Colonel,
我开始感觉真正的路障就在这房♥间里
it's starting to feel like the real barricades are in this very room.
当林肯一同意 我的士兵们手上就会有枪
The moment Lincoln approves, there will be guns in my soldiers' hands.
但如果那天永远不到来呢
But what if that day never comes?
会到来的 一定会
It will come! It will!
但如果我们动作太快
But if we move too fast,
我们可能会失去我们已经取得的所有成果
we may lose all the ground that we've already gained.
你不理解我为了设立这个军团
You don't understand how much scrutiny I'm under here,
在这里受到多少审查
trying to set up this regiment.
那就像种植一种想要生根的农作物
It's like trying to plant a crop that wants to take root,
但它却不断被拔起 看看它长得怎么样
but it's constantly being pulled up to see how it's growing.
最轻微的错误都能推♥翻♥ 我们在上个世纪所取得的进步
The slightest mistake could send us back a hundred years.
-你无法想象… -长官 我可以想象
-You can't imagine-- -I can imagine it, sir.
我想…我每天都过着那样的生活
I think-- I live it every damn day.
那你要我怎么做
Well, what would you have me do?
违反总统的命令 把武器交给他们
Just go against the president's orders, hand over the weapons?
那听起来确实像是 激烈社会活动人士会做的事情
That certainly sounds like something a radical activist would do.
这个嘛…
Well…
我不能那样做
I can't do that.
原来如此
I see.
但是…
But…
但是…
But…
如果有人想为这些士兵提供武器 我会告诉他们可以怎么做
If somebody wanted to arm these men, I would tell them what they could do.
他们可以…
They could…
拦截预计在今天送到的新步♥枪♥
intercept the delivery of fresh rifles that's expected today
就在贝壳路那边
along the shell road.
他们可以告诉来自查尔斯顿工厂的司机
They could tell the driver from the factory in Charleston
他们收到我的命令当中间人
that they were sent on my orders as a middleman.
这些工人不懂军事规则
These factory workers don't know anything about military rules,
所以他们会相信士兵说的话
so they'll take a man at his word.
一整车枪♥械♥
A whole wagonful of guns
就能轻易拿到手了
would be handed over just like that.
(博福特)
希金森上校
Colonel Higginson?
是的
Yes.
他们对我的卧室干了什么
What have they done to my bedroom?
那甚至不是我的被子
That is not even my quilt.
你完全沉浸在角色当中
Your Method acting goes deep.
你是在纽约跟斯特拉斯伯格训练的吗
Did you train with Strasberg in New York?
我听说他讨厌女人
I hear he hates women.
墙纸褪色了
The wallpaper is faded,
还有那幅画不是挂在那里的
and that painting doesn't go in here.
但桌子在正确的位置
But the desk is in the right place.
对 就在朝向西南面的窗户旁边
Yes, right by the southwest-facing window.
好的
Wow. Okay.
就这样坐下来 仿佛你是这个地方的主人
Just sitting down like you own the place.
这是我与艾米莉的灵魂沟通的方法
This is how I commune with Emily's spirit.
真奇怪 我今天很难联络到她
Funny. I'm having a hard time contacting her today.
我就在这里 所以…
Well, I'm right here, so…
这应该有帮助
This should help.
-那是什么 -《艾米莉狄金森诗集》
-What's that? -The Poems of Emily Dickinson.
今年刚出版的诗歌♥全集
The complete collection was published just this year.
(《艾米莉狄金森诗集》 约翰逊编)
我以为我吩咐过你 在我死后要烧掉我所有诗作
I thought I told you to burn all my poems when I died.
我知道你不是认真的
I knew you didn't mean it.
我不会让所有人忘记我的姐姐
I wasn't gonna let everyone forget my sister.
你看 在未来你真的很有名
And now look, in the future, you're actually famous.
不是那么有名
Well, not that famous.
比较像是本地传奇人物
More of a local legend.
一个默默无闻、奇怪的女诗人 过着悲伤而悲惨的生活
An obscure, strange female poet who lived a sad, miserable life.
那不是真的
That's not true.
20世纪大部分人并不在乎艾米莉狄金森
Most people in the 20th century don't really care about Emily Dickinson.
他们很乐意把她的诗放在阁楼某处尘封
They'd happily leave her poems in an attic somewhere, collecting dust.
但我在乎 我对她有一份亲切感
But I care. I feel a kinship with her.
她患了病态的抑郁症 我也患了病态的抑郁症
She was morbidly depressed. I'm morbidly depressed.
她没有…我没有
She wasn't. She was not-- I'm not--
你知道她孤独地度过一生吗
Did you know she spent her entire life alone?
“孤独”是什么意思
What do you mean "alone"?
她是处♥女♥ 是可怜、干巴巴的老处♥女♥
She was a virgin. A miserable, dried-up spinster.
从来没有结婚 也没有找到真爱 甚至几乎没有离开她的房♥间
Never got married, never found love. Hardly even left her room.
艾米莉狄金森做的事 就只有穿白色衣服和哭泣
The only thing Emily Dickinson did was wear white and cry.
那并不准确 她几乎没有穿过白色衣服
That's not accurate. She almost never wears white.
艾米莉狄金森没有抑郁症 她不想死
Emily Dickinson is not depressed. She does not want to die.
她想活下去 透过她的文字与世界连结
She wants to live and connect with the world through her words.
我会反驳说她在卧室里独自死去
I would argue she died alone in her bedroom.
好的 我是艾米莉狄金森 所以我想我知道艾米莉狄金森的感受
Okay. I am Emily Dickinson, so I think I know how Emily Dickinson feels.
你对登山日表演的投入程度让人担忧
Your commitment to this Mountain Day bit is alarming.
你是从哪里得到资讯的
Where do you get your information?
那是常识
It's common knowledge.
艾米莉狄金森是伤心女孩的始祖
Emily Dickinson was the original sad girl.
她的人生糟透了
I mean, her life was so awful.
他们说她跟一个男人有私情
They say she had a love affair with a man,
她疯狂迷恋他 但他并不爱她
someone she was crazy about who didn't love her back.
天啊
Oh, my God.
-有个男人 是真的吗 -不
-A man. Is that true? -No.
-不 那是… -确实有一个男人
-No, it's-- -Yes, there was a man,
但没有人知道他是谁 而且完全是单相思
but no one knows who, and it was totally unrequited.
所以我只能假设她想自杀
So, I can only assume she wanted to kill herself.
毫无疑问她试过了
Undoubtedly she tried.
就像我割破自己双腿 还有吃了我妈妈的安♥眠♥药♥
Just like me when I slashed my legs up and took my mother's sleeping pills.
-真可怕 -好的
-Yikes. -Okay.
我从没自杀 也永不会自杀
I never tried to kill myself. I would never try to kill myself.
而且我没有爱上一个男人
And I was not in love with a man.
-艾米莉 是乔治吗 -不是
-Emily. Was it George? -No.
-弗雷泽 -不是
-Frazar? -No!
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表