剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
(邮局)
亲爱的狄金森小姐
Dear Miss Dickinson,
你的诗作给人新颖独到的感觉
Your writing gives the impression of a wholly new and original poetry.
“新颖独到”
"Wholly new and original."
我的诗作还有生命力
My poetry's not dead.
它仍然充满生命力
It's not dead. It's alive!
《狄金森》
《陛下 发自内心去歌♥唱》
维妮…你不会相信的
Vinnie! Vinnie! You won't believe this.
我刚收到托马斯温特沃斯希金森的信
I just got a letter from Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
你知道他是谁吗
Do you know who he is?
好的 维妮 他很棒
Okay. He's amazing, Vinnie.
他…是个废奴主义者 也是一位牧师
He's-- He's an abolitionist and a minister,
他为《大西洋月刊》写文章
and he writes essays for The Atlantic.
维妮 他是自♥由♥思想家 社运人士
He's a freethinker, Vinnie, an activist,
他真的在乎要把这世界变得更好
a person who really cares about making the world a better place,
然后你知道嘛
and guess what?
他喜欢我的诗
He likes my poems.
他请我再给他寄更多作品
He asked me to send more.
我无法亲自上战场 但也许通过向这个男人学习
I may not be able to go to war myself, but maybe, by learning from this man,
我就能写出对人们来说重要的诗歌♥
I can write poems that actually matter to people.
可以帮上忙的诗歌♥
Poems that can help.
为什么你一言不发
Why aren't you saying anything?
对了 你为了表示与军队团结一致 而立誓禁语
Right. You took a vow of silence in solidarity with the troops.
拉维妮亚 你真的以持续不断的行为艺术
You know, Lavinia, you're really pushing boundaries
突破极限 变得很前卫
with your durational performance art. You're getting pretty avant-garde.
(阿默斯特 被子义卖♥♥及卫生委员会市集)
(为联邦士兵们筹款)
看就好 请勿触摸
Please, look with your eyes, not with your hands.
-这针法真精细 -对
-The stitching is so intricate. -Yeah.
我们就是这样把秘密讯息写在上面
It's how we get all the secret messages in there.
等等 什么
Wait. What?
真惊人 美国建国不到100年
Wow. America's been a country for less than 100 years,
居然以为是自己发明被子的吗
and it thinks it invented quilting?
是炒作吧
Go off, I guess.
-嗨 艾米莉 拉维妮亚 -嗨
-Hi, Emily. Hi, Lavinia. -Hi.
拉维妮亚今天不说话
Lavinia is not speaking today.
她立誓禁语 向战死的士兵们致敬
She's taken a vow of silence as an homage to our fallen men.
你好 拉维妮亚
Hello, Lavinia.
那么你们有看到喜欢的东西吗
So, you guys see anything you like?
那张…真小 是宝宝用的吗
That's… It's very small. Is it for a baby?
对
Yeah.
(女性投票权)
-女性主义宝宝 -真厉害 好的
A feminist baby. Wow. Okay.
我的天啊 看看贝蒂的被子多美啊
Oh, my God. Look at Betty's quilts. They're gorgeous.
谢谢 很开心能为联邦筹款
Thank you. Happy to raise money for the cause.
这些方格不相称
These squares don't match.
它们的形状和大小都不一样 被子并不对称
They're all different shapes and sizes. It's not symmetrical.
这是怎么一回事 这被子不合常理
What's going on here? This quilt makes no sense.
艺术不需要合理
Art doesn't have to make sense.
她是天才
She's a genius.
-我要买♥♥下来 -我先来的
-I'm buying it. -I was here first.
谢谢
Thanks.
你知道嘛 我听了你的建议
Guess what? I took your advice.
什么建议
What advice?
我给世界写了一封信 世界回信给我
I wrote a letter to the world, and the world wrote me back.
做得好
Well, there you go.
爱德华 你觉得人们在盯着我们看吗
Edward, does it feel like people are staring at us?
不
No.
也许有一点吧
Maybe a bit.
我感觉到这些镇民对我表示不赞同
I'm getting a lot of disapproving energy from these townspeople.
拍卖♥♥时间到了
It's time for the auction.
我捐出了诺克罗斯外祖母的被子
I donated Grandmother Norcross's quilt.
我肯定它会卖♥♥个好价钱
I'm sure it'll fetch a pretty penny.
这被子的拍卖♥♥起价是5美金
We'll start the bidding for this at five dollars.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
我母亲用那张被子 在1822年的蒙森被子大会上
My mother won the 1822 Monson quilting bee's blue ribbon
赢得冠军
with that piece.
这只是起价
It's only a starting bid.
狄金森夫人 买♥♥家们会决定这捐赠品的价值
The buyers will determine the value of your donation, Mrs. Dickinson.
这不公平
Well, that's not fair.
这就是拍卖♥♥会的运作方式
That's literally how auctions work.
我的家传之宝只值5美金 岂有此理
Five dollars for my family heirloom? That's outrageous.
不行
No.
对不起 我…决定不卖♥♥了 还给我
I'm sorry. I-- I've decided I'm not selling it. Give it back.
狄金森夫人 我…以为你想支持军队
I-- I thought you wanted to support the troops, Mrs. Dickinson.
我当然想
Well, of course I do.
但我姐姐刚死了
But my sister just died,
我只剩下这被子来让我怀念她
and this quilt is the only thing I have left to remember her by.
把它还给我
Give it to me.
你要把被子拿回去的话 就得竞标
If you want the quilt back, you'll have to bid for it.
爱德华
Edward.
是的
Yes?
我要你把这被子买♥♥回来
I need you to buy this quilt back.
我才不会花我的血汗钱买♥♥一张被子
I'm not gonna spend my hard-earned money on a quilt
狄金森夫人 那被子在我们结婚后 就一直放在我们的阁楼落灰
that's been sitting in our attic since we got married, Mrs. Dickinson.
爱德华 家庭是最重要的
Edward! Family is all that matters.
我只剩下这被子来怀念我死去的姐姐
And this quilt is the only thing I have left to remind me of my dead sister.
20美金
Twenty bucks?
这被子是你的了
The item is yours.
太好了
Oh, thank heavens.
狄金森夫人 你太小题大做了
You're making quite a to-do, Mrs. Dickinson.
-好了 -只是…
-Okay. -Just--
狄金森
Dickinson.
康齐
Conkey.
我很惊讶看到你在这里
I'm surprised to see you here.
惊讶 为什么
Surprised? Why?
这是重要的城镇活动
This is an important civic event.
而且我是大学司库
Not to mention, I'm treasurer of the college.
是的 当然
Oh, yes. Of course.
但看了你最近写的读者来信以后
But after your recent letter to the editor,
我没想到你特别在乎
I wouldn't have thought you particularly cared
支持我们的联邦士兵
about supporting our Union soldiers.
伊萨马尔 你再说一遍
I beg your pardon, Ithamar.
爱德华 你今天刊登在报纸上的信中
Your letter in the paper today, Edward,
充满了对邪恶联盟军的赞赏和同情
in which you offer nothing but praise and sympathy for the vile Confederates.
我绝对没有
I certainly did not.
你有 叛徒
Yeah, you did! Traitor!
杰拉尔德 别这样
Gerald, come on.
早在1850年 你投票支持那让人厌恶的逃亡奴隶法
Back in 1850, when you voted in support of that disgusting Fugitive Slave Act…
-又来了 -我愿意接受
-Here we go. -…I was willing to accept
你提出理据说那是一种妥协
your justification that you did so as a compromise
以保护我们脆弱的和平
in order to preserve our fragile peace.
但现在战事如火如荼
But now, with war raging,
夺走我们勇敢儿子们的性命
claiming the lives of our valiant sons,
你却写出这种…麻木不仁的信 含糊其辞地请求大家文明一点
you pen this-- this tone-deaf, equivocating plea for civility,
要我们听取两边的想法
asking us to listen to both sides.
爱德华 我的天啊
My God, Edward.
你是罪行和恶魔的辩护者
You are an apologist for villainy. For evil.
你竟敢这么说
How dare you.
我是为了我弟弟才写那封信
I wrote that letter on behalf of my brother.
只因为他刚好住在乔治亚州 不代表他是我们的敌人
Just because he happens to live in Georgia doesn't make him our enemy.
-他绝对是 -内战就是这样的
-It most certainly does! -That's literally how civil wars work.
-谢谢 -你的态度居高临下
-Thank you. -Your tone was condescending,
你的信息完全跟现况脱节
and your message was deeply out of step with the moment.
说得难听一点 你看起来像个偏执狂 说得好听一点
At worst, you looked like a bigot. And at best…
怎样
Yes?
是老顽固
A fossil.
我今天又长一岁了 所以我想你是对的
Well, I turned a year older today, so I suppose you're right.
我的天啊 今天是你的生日吗 生日快乐
Oh, my God. It's your birthday? Happy birthday!
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
-我并不知情 -我不喜欢把生日搞大
-I didn't know. -I don't like to make a big deal of it.
他从来不喜欢把生日搞大
He never likes to make a big deal out of his birthday.
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表