剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
weaknesses,
我和你今年都不在状态
you and I haven't had the best year.
接下这案子 会为“狄金森”这个名字带来新意义
Taking this case would give a new meaning to the name "Dickinson."
那意味着我们支持正确的事情
It would mean that we stood for what was right.
正一针 反两针
Knit one, purl two.
你在编织什么
What's that you're knitting?
-你会看到的 大家都会看到 -看到什么
-You'll see. Everyone will see. -See what?
伟大针织艺术品的诞生
Epic yarn bomb incoming.
早上好 外面天气很好
Good morning. Beautiful day out there.
可不是嘛
Isn't it though?
天气这么好 让我心情愉快 充满活力
I've got a spring in me step from this nice weather.
鸟儿和蜜蜂的交♥配♥ 你懂的 花粉和花蜜
The birds and the bees, you know? The pollen, the nectar.
让我感觉有点狂野
Makes me feel a bit wild.
真希望有一位潇洒的绅士来带我去嬉戏
I'd love for some dashing gentleman to come whisk me off for a frolic.
好的 玛吉欲♥火♥中烧
Okay, Maggie's horny.
我在找艾米莉 她在吗
I'm looking for Emily. Is she in?
-她在楼上写诗 -你有什么东西要给她吗
-She's upstairs, writing. -Have you got something for her?
如果她在写诗 我不想打扰她
If she's writing, I don't wanna disturb her.
她总是在写诗 或者思考 艾米莉必须思考
She's always writing, or thinking. Emily has to think.
她是我们之中唯一要思考的人
She's the only one of us who has that to do.
上去吧 她看到你会很开心
Go on up. She'll be happy to see you.
正一针…反两针
Knit one…purl two.
我的战争被安放在书本中
My Wars are laid away in Books --
是谁
Who is it?
贝蒂 进来吧
Betty. Come in.
我知道你很忙
I know you're busy.
没关系 怎么了吗 你没有收到亨利的消息 对吧
It's all right. Is something wrong? You didn't get word from Henry, did you?
没有 没有亨利的消息 我准备放弃了
No, nothing from Henry. I've just about given up on that.
贝蒂 真遗憾 真希望我能帮上忙
Betty, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do.
不 听好 这是我来的原因
No, listen. That's why I'm here.
因为你一直尝试帮我 而我对你太苛刻了
Because you've been trying to help me, and I was too hard on you.
你只是想要给我希望
All you were trying to do was give me hope.
那并没有错 完全没有
And there's nothing wrong with that, nothing at all.
世界需要更多人为彼此做这件事
The world could use more people trying to do that for each other.
奥斯丁 我不肯定
I don't know, Austin.
我已经接受了我的功绩跟政♥治♥无关
I've already accepted that my legacy won't lie in politics.
我真正的功绩就是在这里的人 我的家人和孩子们
My true legacy are the people right here, my family, my children.
那就想想你的孩子们吧 安吉琳才11岁
Well, then think of your children. Angeline was 11 years old.
想想那个年纪的艾米莉吧
Think of Emily at that age.
他们要为了600美金把她卖♥♥给陌生人
They tried to sell her to a stranger for $600.
你真的很在乎这件事情 对吧
You really care about this, don't you?
对 事情是时候改变了
Yes. It's time for things to change.
季节更替 社会也一样
Seasons change, and so do societies.
我们可以成为新世界的一部分
And we can either be a part of the new world,
也可以化为灰烬
or we can crumble to dust.
我们会接下案子
We'll take the case.
太好了
Wonderful.
我本来担心你要宣布 你们要搬到内布拉斯加州
I was afraid you were going to announce you're moving to Nebraska.
不…他会留在阿默斯特 看看能否让这个地方变得更好
No. No, he'll stay here in Amherst and see if he can make it a better place.
-你能把他还给我吗 -不…
-Would you pass him back to me? -No. No.
其实有件事情我需要你的帮忙
So, there's actually something I could use your help with.
什么事
What's that?
我想做一条新裙子
I want to make a new dress.
店里的订单有点多…
I'm a little backed up with orders at the shop--
不 我不是要你为我做裙子
No, I don't want you to make it for me.
我想自己做
I wanna make it myself.
-你自己做 -对
-Yourself? -Yes.
我知道我不擅长针线活
I know I'm not good at sewing,
但我为自己做这件事真的很重要
but it's really important that I do this for myself.
一条可以让我穿着写诗的裙子
A dress I can write in.
一条可以让我穿着生活的裙子
A dress I can live in.
所以我真的需要你的专业咨♥询♥
So, I could really use your expert consultation,
因为我不确定这样的裙子是否曾经出现过
because I'm not sure that a dress quite like this has ever existed before.
我很乐意帮忙
Well, I'd be happy to help.
我喜欢新设计带来的挑战
I love the challenge of a new design.
太好了
Great.
过来坐吧
Pull up a chair.
在女孩们把宝宝带走之前 你能告诉我他的名字吗
Before the girls take the baby away, will you tell us the name?
好的 我想我们可以说
Well, yes. I suppose we can.
苏 你能告诉他们吗
Sue, would you like to do the honors?
-大便多多爵士怎么样 -很准确
-How about Sir Poopsalot? -Accurate.
我们洗耳恭听 我们怎么叫这小子
We're all ears. What do we call this little fellow?
我和奥斯丁决定…
Well, Austin and I have decided…
-什么… -不 继续说吧
-What-- -No, go on. Say it.
-那会是谁呢 -有人在门前
-Who can that be? -There's somebody at the door.
来了
Coming!
我的天啊
Faith and begorra,
在我眼前出现的这位优秀男子是什么人
what is this fine specimen of a man that I do see before me?
我是托马斯温特沃斯希金森上校
My name is Colonel Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
我是来见伟大诗人艾米莉狄金森的
I'm here to see the great poet, Emily Dickinson.
-叫什么名字 -…名字换个时间说
-What is it? -…the name at a different time.
有位客人来找艾米莉
There's a visitor here for Emily.
艾米莉 是谁
Emily? Who is it?
一个军人、高级军官 帅得不像话
An army man, a high-ranking officer, handsome as anything.
他的名字叫温特维♥汉♥斯沃斯汤普顿爆米花
His name is Wintwig Hansworth Tompton Popcorn.
-玛吉 你中风了吗 -玛吉 慢慢说
-Maggie, are you having a stroke? -Say it slowly, Maggie.
海姆斯沃斯威格尔斯顿提拉钩
Hemsworth Wiggleston Tenterhooks.
什么
What?
我是托马斯温特沃斯希金森上校
Colonel Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
你女儿艾米莉狄金森是我…
Your daughter, Emily Dickinson, is my…
素未谋面的笔友
unseen correspondent.
笔友 你是说…
Correspondent? You mean--
-她一直写信给你 -是的
-She's been writing to you? -Yes.
很多信和诗
Many letters and poems.
如此不同凡响的诗歌♥
Such extraordinary poems.
艾米莉的文字 优雅而必要的字词
Emily's words, her exquisite, necessary words,
在痛苦的战争中为我带来安慰
have been a balm to me amid the anguish of war.
不知何故 我一直在前线
Somehow, I've been out there on the front lines,
然而她才是那个捕捉到这经历的人
yet she's the one who's managed to capture the experience.
这个远离战场的女人怎么可能
How is it possible that this woman so far from the battlefield
道出了它最深刻、最黑暗的真♥相♥
seems to speak its deepest, darkest truths?
我必须亲自来见她
I had to come and meet her for myself,
当然也要看看她的家、见她的家人
and to see her home, of course, and to meet her family.
告诉我 你们是什么时候 发现她是天才的
Tell me, when did you first realize she was a genius?
我会在这条裙子体现整个存在
I will circle the entirety of existence in this dress.
我将前往意识本身的边缘
I will journey to the edges of consciousness itself.
好的 所以你不想要拖拽的下摆
Okay, so you don't want a hem that drags.
意识是浑浊的
Consciousness is muddy.
对…没错
Yes. Yes!
裙子必须容易清洁 这样我才能每天都穿着它
And it has to be easy to clean so that I can wear it every day
体验各个层面的经历
as I run through all dimensions of experience.
那么裙子必须是白色的 白色最容易洗
So then it'll have to be white. White is simplest to wash.
白色裙子
A white dress?
好的 由光构成 只存在于春天的光
Yes. Made of light, the light that exists only in spring.
非常好 那么构造呢
Very nice. And what about construction?
锁扣、钩子、钮扣
Latches, hooks, buttons?
如果裙子有太多钮扣 我需要帮忙才能穿上
If it has too many buttons, I'll need help putting it on.
如果钮扣全都在前面呢
Well, what if it buttons all the way up the front?
那你就可以自己穿了
Then you can put it on yourself.
-钮扣在前面的裙子 -与众不同
-A dress that buttons up the front? -It's different.
是别出心裁
It's innovative!
-钮扣全都在前面 -我超爱
-Buttons all the way up the front. -Love.
好了 现在来谈谈外形
Now, let's talk about shape.
这是我们真正表态的地方
This is where we really make a statement.
裙撑、衬裙、箍裙
Bustles, petticoats, hoop?
我都不要 我想要流线型的
I don't want any of that. I want a streamline.
我会告诉你我还不想要什么
I'll tell you what else I don't want.
-这个 -不要束腹
-This. -No corset?
我需要这裙子让我活在每一种可能之中
I need this dress to let me live in every possibility.
束腹让太多事情变得不可能
Corsets make too many things impossible.
我告诉你一个小秘密 我不♥穿♥束腹
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表