剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
好的 事情是这样的
Okay, here's the deal.
志愿兵要接受军服检查
The soldiers are going to have a uniform inspection.
军服检查 他们根本没有军服可穿
A uniform inspection? They barely have uniforms to begin with.
我知道 坦率地讲 这真的很荒谬
I know. It's bullshit, frankly.
但那是我们带来改变的方式
But it's part of how we move the needle.
改变
The needle?
让这些人完全获得认可 并被授权成为联邦士兵
Towards getting these men fully recognized and authorized as Union soldiers.
萨克斯顿将军
The more that General Saxton sees
越是把南卡罗莱纳州第一志愿兵团 视为正当的军团
the First South Carolina Volunteers as a legitimate regiment,
他就越能对指挥链上面的人施加压力
the more pressure he's able to send up the chain of command.
直接对林肯施压
All the way to Lincoln himself.
一次检查就能改变一切
One inspection could make all the difference.
因此他们必须认真看待这件事情 你明白吗
So it's imperative the guys take this seriously, you understand?
他们看起来必须干净、庄重 而且准备就绪
They need to look clean, sharp and ready.
今天下午我会在那里进行检查
I'll be there to conduct the inspection this afternoon.
好的
Okay.
我明白了
Message received.
我看看我能帮上什么忙
I'll see what I can do to help.
太好了
Hell yes.
这个过程正在起作用
This process is working.
我感觉得到
I can feel it.
这是我们的大厅
And this is our great hall.
你会发现我们的女病人 在这里得到最先进的护理
You'll find our girls here receive state-of-the-art care.
我们对精神病有非常先进的理解
We have a very progressive understanding of mental sickness,
涵盖了所有现代女性的疾病
covering all modern female illnesses,
范围从疲惫、过多教育、月经来潮 懒惰、未婚…
ranging from exhaustion, overeducation, menstruation, laziness, being unmarried--
未婚是精神疾病
Being unmarried is a mental illness?
不 对 那似乎是对的
No, yeah, that feels right.
还有急性躁狂症、慢性躁狂症 性♥爱♥成瘾 还有抑郁症
To acute mania, chronic mania, nymphomania, and melancholia.
通常被称为悲伤
It's more commonly known as grief.
狄金森夫人最近经历丧亲之痛
You know, Mrs. Dickinson here was recently bereaved
为她姐姐的死而悲伤
over the death of her sister.
爱德华 我没有 你说谎
Edward. I was not! You liar!
我哀悼我唯一的姐姐 不可能
Me mourning my one and only sister? Unlikely!
我已经不再为她悲伤 总算摆脱那女人了
I'm over her. Good riddance to that woman.
请往这边走
Come this way.
你们听到吗
Did you hear that?
亲爱的 听到什么
Hear what, my dear?
可能是我脑子里的声音吧
Maybe it was just in my head.
你经常在脑子里听到声音吗
Does that happen often, hearing things in your head?
是的 艾米莉很有想象力 她在这方面很有天赋
Yes. Emily has quite the imagination. She is very gifted that way.
有趣
Interesting.
跟我来吧
Come along.
这个地方有点可疑
There's something off about this place.
艾米莉 你就不能享受家庭出游的乐趣吗
Emily, can't you just enjoy a fun family outing?
我以为你想帮爸爸留下好印象
I thought you wanted to help Dad make a good impression.
没错 但我认为如果这里有什么可疑之处
I do. But I think Dad deserves to know
爸爸应该要知道
if there's something suspicious going on here.
(不准进入)
医生 那道门是做什么用的
Doctor, what is that door for?
它通往另一个房♥间
It leads to another room.
当然 是什么房♥间
Sure. What kind of room?
就是专为需要多些 独处时间的病人而设的房♥间
Just a room designed for patients who require a bit more privacy.
对 艾米莉 你肯定能理解
Yeah, surely you can understand that, Emily?
她总是想独处
Now, she's always had a taste for privacy.
是吗
Has she now?
爱德华 有些事情我想私底下跟你讨论
Edward, there's some business I'd like to discuss with you in private.
当然 好的
Surely, yes.
那淑女们呢
And the ladies?
别担心 我们有人看着她们
Don't worry. We'll have eyes on them.
到处都有人看着
And there are eyes everywhere.
我只是好奇 你们在大楼上刻名字的方针是怎样的
Just curious, what is your policy on engraving names in the building?
等等 妈妈到哪里去了
Wait. Where did Mom go?
天啊 这房♥间真好看
This is a nice-looking room.
有什么事吗
Can I help you?
抱歉
My apologies.
-我不是有意打扰你… -你在开玩笑吗
-I didn't mean to bother-- -Are you kidding?
这里没有事情打扰我 我感觉前所未有地放松
Nothing bothers me here. This is the most relaxed I've ever felt.
真的吗
Really?
这世上没有其他地方像疯人院一样
Nowhere in the world does a woman get treated so well
对女性那么好
as at an insane asylum.
这里的职员包办煮饭和清洁的工作 拍松我的枕头
The staff here does all the cooking and the cleaning, plumps my pillows.
简直是天堂
It's heaven.
墙纸 医生 墙纸里有人
The wallpaper. There are people in the wallpaper, Doctor!
那位医生对病人很好
Great bedside manner, that one.
等等
Wait.
所以你不是…
So you're not--
疯子
Crazy?
不是 跟你一样正常
Nope. No more than you.
我来这里只是因为我很需要休养
I'm just here for some much-needed R & R.
那你整天休息 没有人对你有任何要求
So you just rest all day and no one expects anything from you?
没错
Bingo.
医生…
Doctor. Doctor!
这张墙纸很奇怪
There's something funny about this wallpaper!
嘿 这是我的把戏 你用自己的吧
Hey! That's my shtick. Get your own.
你去找妈妈 我要看看这里面有什么东西
Go find Mom. I'm just gonna see what's in here.
真酷
Cool.
我是说 如果不是这么可怕的话
I mean, if it wasn't totally horrifying.
妈妈 我保证 如果你不在这里
Mom, I swear, if you are not out here,
我就要去前台报称你失踪了
I'm gonna report you missing to the front desk.
嗨 你有见过一个女人 大概是…
Hi. Have you seen a woman who's about--
很抱歉 我会离开 让你处理情绪
I'm so sorry. I will just leave you to your feelings.
没关系 我真的希望有人陪伴
It's fine. I would really love some company.
我是弗洛伦丝
I'm Florence.
你确定吗 我不想打扰你
Are you sure? I wouldn't wanna interrupt.
不 我总是在哭 我被诊断患有过度悲伤症
No, I'm always crying. I was diagnosed with excessive grief.
我只是无法停止哭泣
I simply can't stop weeping.
听起来至少可以宣泄情感
That sounds cathartic at least.
就在两个月前 我的爱人战死沙场
I lost my lover to the war just two months ago
然后我就一直这样了
and I've been like this ever since.
我知道你不认识我 但相信我所说的
I know you don't know me, but trust me when I tell you,
我很清楚你在经历什么 完完全全明白
I know exactly what you are going through, like, 1,000%.
我想象他的尸体躺在战场上
I picture his body lying cold on the battlefield.
以前总是抱着我的那双手臂
Those arms that used to hold me.
-以前总是亲我的那双嘴唇 -对
-Those lips that used to kiss me. -Yes.
天啊 还有他的头发 他的头发非常好看
And, oh, God, his hair. He had such great hair.
他叫什么名字
What was his name?
世上最美好的名字
The sweetest name in the world.
约瑟夫莱曼
Joseph Lyman.
约瑟夫是你的爱人
Joseph was your lover?
我应该在有机会的时候就嫁给他
I should have married him when I had the chance.
他向你求婚
He proposed to you?
算是吧
Well, kind of.
什么意思
What?
虽然我全心全意爱着约瑟夫
Even though I loved Joseph with all my soul…
对
Yeah.
他的心总是属于别人的
…his heart always belonged to someone else.
是谁 那混♥蛋♥ 艾比盖尔 弗吉妮娅
Who was it? That bastard. Abigail? Virginia?
不 是来自阿默斯特的某个笨蛋
No. It was some nitwit from Amherst.
他只是叫她维妮
He just called her Vinnie.
认真的吗
Seriously?
那太可怕了
That is so horrible.
我知道
I know.
但反正他死了
But anyways, he's dead.
天啊
Oh, my God.
没错 他死了
That's right, he is.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我在重新布置我的办公室
I'm rearranging my office.
你可能记得 我要开设自己的法律公♥司♥
As you may recall, I'm starting my own law firm.
我没想到你是认真的
I didn't realize you were serious about that.
对 一切就绪 我已经挑选了名字
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表