剧集 | 阿奇(2023) | 导航列表
'Because you're making me look old'.
她当时95岁
She was 95.
她身形矮小,却是个烈女
She was a small, fierce woman
她的认同、她的爱
whose approval, whose love,
是我毕生所求…
I tried my entire life to win...
却未竟全功
and failed.
她爱我吗
Did she love me?
我知她爱阿齐
She loved Archie, I know that.
可能是认同,或多半是不认同
Maybe it was approval or mostly disapproval,
总之她会评价我所做一切
she had something to say about everything I did.
这变成了业余心理疗程
This has turned into rather an amateur therapy session.
我并无这打算,对不起,但
Not my intention, and I'm sorry, but
我还是要与你们分享
I'm going to tell you anyway...
来自加利医生
the advice from Dr Cary,
跌宕82年后,累积得来的简单忠告
accumulated after 82 rocky years, is very simple.
把过去留在过去,它属于旧时…
Leave the past in the past where it belongs...
一不小心,过去便会成为陷阱
if you're not careful, it becomes a trap,
几乎无法逃离的陷阱
one that is almost impossible to escape from.
我指几乎,谢天谢地
Almost. Thank God.
《战争与和平》的重点
So, the key to War and Peace
是托尔斯泰将
is that Tolstoy was mixing...
虚构叙事融入
a fictional narrative
真实历史及哲学
with actual history and philosophy.
如果有不明之处,过来问我吧
If you get stuck, come and get me.
我会写进论文中,谢谢你,芭芭拉
I'll put that in the essay. Thanks, Barbara.
我急不及待想读了
I can't wait to read it!
请别播放唱片
No playing records, please.
先做功课,这位小姐
Homework first, young lady!
好吗?听到吗
Yes? Do you hear me?
谢谢你
Thank you.
为什么
For what?
因为…你令生活…轻松得多
Oh, for...just making life so... so easy.
你把她培育得非常出色
You are doing a wonderful job raising her.
戴安也有份
And Dyan too.
对,我们尽了本分,我♥干♥脆认了
Yeah, we do our best, I'll own that.
希望不算太大口气
If it's not too swanky to say.
这一切尽是恩赐
It's just bliss. All of it.
我在想,我多年来未试过
I was just thinking, I have so much more energy
精力如此充沛
I haven't had in years.
也睡得比以前多
I'm getting so much more sleep.
并非人人都是派对动物,对吧
Not all of us are party animals, are we?
不再是了
Not anymore.
你知道我爱你,但我…
You know I love you, but I...
但我不能迎娶你
but I could never marry you.
谁说我想你娶我
Who said I wanted you to?
只不过…
It's just that...
婚姻是一切开始崩溃的起始
that's when everything starts going wrong.
迎娶她…
Marry her! Marry her!
办不到,对不起
I can't! I'm sorry!
加利…没错
Cary...yes,
当你的妻子会很幸福
it would be nice to be your wife,
但我对彼此的关系已很满意
but I'm perfectly happy as we are.
好吗
Okay?
对不起
I am sorry.
布里斯托竞技场剧院
多年来
Over the years,
我不遗余力地收藏珍品
I assiduously gathered precious things.
最新间谍电影「夺魄惊魂」上映
我很害怕失去它们
I was so frightened of losing them,
所以全放在防火藏宝室中
I kept them in a fire-proof vault.
当站在我的珍藏中间之际…
And I was standing there, amongst my treasure...
我认清了真♥相♥
when I realised the truth.
我想告诉你,我已爱上芭芭拉…
I wanted to tell you that I've fallen in love with Barbara...
她令我无比幸福
she makes me very happy.
我也想令她幸福
And I want to make her happy.
对我来说,你是世上最重要的人
You are the most important person in the world to me,
这一点永远不变
and nothing's ever going to change that.
但我想先知道你的想法
But I want to know what you felt first.
我…
So I'm...
我打算向她求婚
I'm thinking of asking her to marry me.
这是个坏主意吗
Is it that bad an idea?
才不
No!
我喜极而泣,爸爸
I'm crying because I'm happy, Daddy.
我爱芭芭拉
I love Barbara
我认为你俩是彼此的绝佳伴侣
and I think you'll be wonderful for each other.
谢谢你,甜心
Thank you, sweetheart.
这对我来说最为重要
That means the world to me.
因此我向芭芭拉求婚
So I asked Barbara to marry me
很高兴,也松了一口气,她答应了
and, to my delight and relief, she said yes.
其实她今晚也在这里
She's here tonight actually.
与我那美丽的女儿一起,在那边…
There with my beautiful daughter. There...
至今,我花了大半辈子弄清楚
To this day, you know, I spent most of my life wondering
我到底该是谁
who I was supposed to be.
到底我是阿齐,还是加利
Was I Archie? Was I Cary?
那是真的,或者这是假的
That was real. Or it wasn't.
我最近梳理好两个身份的关系
Well, I had to introduce them to each other quite recently
两者相处得非常融洽
and they got on like a house on fire.
重点是,这并不重要
But the point is, it doesn't matter.
任凭你们如何称呼我
You can call me whatever you like now.
我很确切清楚我是谁
I know exactly who I am.
我是芭芭拉夏莉丝的丈夫
I'm Barbara Harris's husband.
最重要的是
And most of all,
我是珍妮花戴安格兰的父亲
I'm Jennifer Dyan Grant's dad.
我有了归宿,永远如是
I belong somewhere and I always will.
一切都非常惬意
Everything is copacetic.
自己查字典吧
Look it up in the dictionary.
希望在座各位都拥有平和心境
And I wish you all the same peace of mind.
我想我听到出场音乐了
I think I hear my exit music.
谢谢
Thank you.
1986年11月29日下午
加利格兰在爱荷华州达文波特
预备单人演讲骚时,再次中风
他初时拒绝入院,延至当晚离世
他的身边人深信
他自知大限已到
死亡?我当然有想过
但我不想沉溺其中…
我想来到我这年纪
你会思考该如何迎接死亡
而且自己有否好好表现
阿齐博尔德阿历山大李奇
1904年至1986年
加利格兰,1932年至1986年