When I was younger, an early night was a punishment.
现在成了恩赐
Now it's a treat.
你还在想那只狗 对吧
You're still thinking about that dog, aren't you?
我想我会上报皇家防止虐待动物协会
I think I'm going to report it to the RSPCA.
你确定吗 詹姆斯 这可是个重大的决定
Are you sure, James? That's a big decision.
我知道 但我有责任要确保
I know, but I have a duty to make sure
犬瘟热不会传染到任何其他狗
it doesn't spread to any other dogs.
不管你是怎么想那个男孩的
No matter what you think of that boy,
他真的应该失去他的狗吗
does he really deserve to lose his dog?
因为结果肯定是这样
Cos that's what will happen.
那他就应该照顾好他的狗啊
Then he should have taken better care of him.
我要把动物放在第一位
I've got to put the animal first.
我真的希望你是对的
I really hope you're right.
我觉得我别无选择
I don't see that I have any choice.
上♥床♥吧
Come on.
很好
Very good.
行 我们在他家外面见
All right, I'll meet you outside the property.
谢谢 拜
Thanks. Bye.
他赞同这是动物福利紧急情况了
He agreed it's an animal welfare emergency.
一小小时后 我们会在卫斯理家外面会合
I'm to meet them outside Wesley's place in an hour.
至少那只可怜的狗狗还有一线生机
At least that poor dog will stand a chance now.
别瞎吃 来这 杰茜 过来
Cut it out. Come on, Jess, come on.
去吧 是明天吗 齐格菲
Come on. Is it tomorrow, Siegfried?
还是复活节周日 什么
Or Easter Sunday? What?
大斋节正式结束后 你一定在倒计时了
When Lent is officially over. You must be counting down the hours.
感觉你认为这对我来说是个挑战
You seem to think this is a challenge for me.
坚持很简单的
It's simply a question of tenacity,
一个人投身于某件事的时候 就会坚持到底
when one commits to something, one sees it through.
但这不是永久的
It's not forever, though.
也可以是永久的
Well, it could be.
只要我想 当个不抽烟的人对我来说就是小事
I could easily be a non-smoker, if I chose to be.
斯莱文斯先生打的电♥话♥
Mr Slavens is on the phone.
说他的母羊排斥小羊羔
Says his ewe has rejected its lamb.
我刚开始吃 -杰茜
I'd just started.
下去
Get down.
不可以
No.
法侬的包裹
Delivery for Farnon.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
这到底是什么
What on earth is it?
无菌敷料 在这写着
Sterile dressings, it says here.
我订的是72卷
I ordered six dozen rolls.
不 你订的是72箱
No, you ordered six dozen boxes.
每个包裹里有六箱
There's six boxes each one.
等等
Wait, wait.
我们能把这些送回去吗
Can we send 'em back?
你要和办事处说 他们周三营业
You have to speak to an office. They are closed till Tuesday.
复活节快乐
Happy Easter.
我去和齐格菲说我犯了个错
I'll tell Siegfried that I made a mistake,
能坏到哪去
how bad can it be?
你是对的
Yeah, you're right.
我们该怎么办
What can we do?
最好放在食品储藏室里 我去找詹姆斯
Best stick it in the pantry. I'll get James.
这是最后一批了吧 可以了
That the last of them?
詹姆斯
James!
放这 放这
Here. Here.
他来了 他来了
He's coming, he's coming.
他来了 快点
He's coming. Quick!
快点快点快点 进去
Quick, quick, quick, get in.
詹姆斯在哪
Where's James?
我觉得他在楼上
Erm, he's upstairs, I think.
该死
CLATTERING Oh, bugger.
你把我丢在里面就不管了吗
Were you just going to leave me in there?
我可是在帮你做事
The things I do for you.
母羊不让小羊靠近它 法侬先生
She won't let him near her, Mr Farnon.
它有喝到一点奶吗
Has he had any milk at all?
昨晚我给了它一瓶奶 但它需要的是初乳
I gave him a bottle last night, but it's colostrum he needs.
让我来看看
Let's have a look.
口腔没什么问题
Mouth seems fine.
好了 老姑娘 不会伤害到你的
All right, old girl, not gonna hurt you.
没有溃疡
No sores.
就我看来 没有乳腺炎
No mastitis, as far as I can see.
你之前用过围栏吗
Have you used a bonding pen before?
用下应该会起到作用
A few of these should do the trick.
好
Right.
现在看看我们能不能帮到你
Now, see if we can't give you a helping hand, eh?
宾克斯夫人 是我
Mrs Binks. Aye.
我叫哈里特 是名兽医 这位女士来自皇家防止虐待动物协会
My name is Herriot, I'm a vet, and this lady's from the RSPCA.
我们找卫斯理
We are looking for Wesley.
他带着狗出去了 在上面能找到他
Oh, he's out wi' dog. You'll find him on tops.
其实 你介意我们和你谈谈吗
Well, actually, do you mind if we speak to you?
自己坐吧
Sit yourself down.
谢谢
Thank you.
你一定是卫斯理的祖母了
So, you must be Wesley's grandmother?
曾祖母
Great-grandmother.
附近没见过兽医
Er, no veterinary around here.
你们来干什么
What's this about?
是为了杜克 宾克斯夫人
It's about Duke, Mrs Binks.
考虑到它的健康和整体的情况
Given his health and general condition,
我们认为让其他人照顾会更好
we feel he would be better off in someone else's care.
老实说 我真希望他从没养过那条狗
Honest to God, I wish he'd never got that dog.
我们真不需要再多一张嘴要喂
Last thing we need is another mouth to feed.
没什么可耻的 境遇这么艰难的情况下
There's no shame in it. When times are tough like these,
宠物往往是第一个被舍弃的
pets are often the first to go without.
你把这话告诉卫斯
Ha, you try telling that to Wes.
他把狗看得比自己还重要
Puts that dog before hisself.
他一直把自己的食物给杜克吗
He's been giving his food to Duke?
他确实很爱那条狗
Worships that dog, he does.
我都不知道我们吵了多少次架
I can't tell you the rows we've had.
这就是狗睡觉的地方吗
And is this where the dog sleeps?
是
Aye.
我们出去一下可以吗 宾克斯夫人
Would you excuse us, Mrs Binks?
关于那条狗
Ee, that dog.
很明显是我错了
Clearly I was wrong.
杜克不差食物 它的床很整洁
Duke has plenty of food. His bed is pristine.
受到了很好的照顾 很抱歉浪费了你的时间
He is well looked after. I'm sorry for wasting your time,
但很显然你不需要待在这里了
but you're obviously not needed here after all.
哈里特先生… -哦
Mr Herriot... Oi!
怎么了 -卫斯 不需要担心 我能解释
What's going on? Nothing to worry about. I can explain. Wes!
我很清楚 哈里特先生 这只动物的状况不佳
It's obvious to me, Mr Herriot, that the animal is poorly
而且处于危及它生命的环境
and in a situation that poses a risk to its life.
你我都知道 它在我们的照顾下会活得更好
You know as well as I do the animal would be better off in our care.
但他在竭尽全力照顾了
But he's doing his best for him.
听着 我会负起全部责任
Please, look, I'm prepared to take full responsibility,
我会确保杜克得到所有必需的照顾
I'll make sure Duke gets all the necessary care,
如果你是想听到这句话的话
if that's what you need to hear.
好吧
Right,
下一次请正确地评估情况后
well, next time, make sure you do a proper assessment
再来致电我们 谢谢 谢谢你
of the situation before calling us. Thank you. Thank you.
卫斯
Wes!
卫斯 我能看见你藏在那后面
Wes, I can see you hiding behind there.
我非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
如果你再靠近我和我的狗
If you come anywhere near me and my dog again,
我会让你后悔的
you'll be sorry.
卫斯 如果你不让我进行治疗 它会死的
Wes, if you don't let me help him, he is going to die.
你的女儿们最近怎么样 斯莱文斯
How are your daughters, Mr Slavens?
我记得你有两个女儿
You have two girls, as I recall.
她们很好 谢谢关心
Both well. Thanks for asking.
莉莉今年21岁了
Lily turns 21 this year.
孩子们一眨眼就长大了 对吧
They grow up fast, don't they?
方法是把它的头抬高
Now, the trick is to hold her head up high,
然后用你的手
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表