前情提要
真的吗 就这个
Is this all you have?
一个笔记本
A notebook?
没错 是我写的
Yes, I wrote it,
但那都是十六七年前的事了
But it was 16 ... 17 years ago.
我当时年纪还小 才刚毕业
I was a boy. I just graduated.
我这是在做什么
What am I doing here?
为什么派我来这种鸟不拉屎的地方
Why did they sent me to this godforsaken... backwoods?
与其说我是个医生
I'm not a doctor.
不如说我是个屠夫
I'm nothing but a butcher.
医生 这位是佩拉盖娅
Doctor, this is Pelageya.
不要被她的外貌迷惑
Do not let her distract you.
我不会的
No, I... won't.
她比我记忆中漂亮多了
You know, she's not as ugly as I remembered.
真不敢相信我竟然...
Still I can't believe, actually...
她跑去哪里拿吗♥啡♥了
Where the hell did she go, with that morphine?
你要注射吗♥啡♥吗
You're going to take it!
不行吗
Is that a problem?
我不能这么干两年
I can't do this for two years,
我应付不来的
nor will be able to cope.
我就是想要点漱口水
All I want is the gargle.
开点眼药水就行了
I'll just take the drops.
你们没有漱口水了吗
Are you out of gargle?
利奥波德·利奥波德维奇
Leopold Leopoldovic...
他从早到晚都在手术室忙碌
he was in theatre from dawn till dusk.
-是吗 -我要见医生
- Was is he? - I need to see the doctor!
天职在召唤你
I believe duty calls.
戒吗♥啡♥的过程很痛苦
Morphine withdrawal is an unpleasant business.
焦虑 抑郁 恶心 失眠
Anxiety, depression, nausea, insomnia...
肌肉痉挛 高血压
muscle spasms, high blood pressure...
体重下降
rapid weight loss...
频繁的胃肠功能紊乱
frequent and uncontrollable bowel movements...
无意识射♥精♥
involuntary ejaculation.
1917年3月
March 1917.
你好 医生同志
Greetings, comrade doctor.
抱歉这么久没给你写信
Forgive my lack of correspondence,
请考虑到 现在是非常时期
but these are extraordinary times we live in
沙皇退位
The Tsar is gone
革命兴起
and revolution is in the air
莫里耶瓦的人♥民♥反应如何
What is the reaction in Mur'eva?
我们能将年轻的生命献给俄♥国♥
Oh are indeed blessed to be young
是否应感到欣慰
and in Russia
我已经加入了布尔什维克
I have joined the bolsheviks
我和我的同志们
My comrades and I
白天欢饮畅聊
talk and drink all day,
晚上肆意狂欢
and make love all night and all morning.
弃医入党是我做过的最明智的决定
Abandoning medicine is the best decision I have ever made.
整个世界都病了
The whole world is sick.
医生也束手无策
What good can a doctor do?
但我不像你一样
But then I did not score
能在十五门课中拿到"优秀"
fifteen fives in the public examinations as you did.
我也从没像你一样
I was never destined
命中注定成为一名优秀的医生
to become a great doctor as you are.
抱歉一直没有给你写信
Apologies again for not writing sooner,
但我相信你现在一定身心安康
but I trust this letter finds you well and in good spirits,
希望彼得格勒这股反常的暖流
and I hope that some of this unseasonably warm Petrograd weather
能够到达你居住的地方
makes it to your neck of the woods.
生日快乐 鲁尔若夫
Happy birthday, Jurov.
我的生日三周前就过完了
It was my birthday three weeks ago,
而且过得糟透了
and it was wretched.
这是四周前寄出的
Right, he sent it four weeks ago, but
邮局的效率你又不是不知道
you know what the post is like.
连信都不想到这种鬼地方来
Even letters don't want to be sent here.
别这样
Come on...
我相信过段时间
I'm sure it's only a matter of time
贺卡就会像雪花片似的到你手里
before the greetings cards come flatting in.
你也清楚妈妈的情况 她...
And you know what mother is like. She's...
她儿女众多
Well, she's got a lot of children.
是啊
Right.
看到我的香烟了吗
Have you seen the cigarettes?
抽屉里
In the drawer.
我想吐
I feel nauseous.
我也不怎么舒服
Yeah I don't feel too special myself.
希望只是消化不良
I hope it's just indigestion...
或是可以手术解决的小毛病
or... something operable.
我得找个医生看看
I need to see a doctor.
非常时期 与我无关
"Extraordinary times"... not for me!
革命愈演愈烈 不过这里例外
"Revolution is in the air"... no, here it isn't.
这里愈演愈烈的只有雪
All we have in the air is snow.
除了雪还是雪
Nothing but snow.
革命都是三周前的事了
And that was three weeks ago.
你在革命期间做了些什么 爸爸
"What did you do in the Revolution, Father?"
革命 什么革命
"Revolution"?? What Revolution?
没人问我革命时候的事
Nobody asked me about a revolution!
我在一个鸟不拉屎的小村子里当医生
I helped stupid peasants in a small hospital
给目不识丁的农民看病
outside a tiny village in the middle of nowhere.
真的没烟了吗
Are there really, no cigarettes?
现在没有了
Not now.
好吧 我要去趟商店
Right. I'm... I'm going to the shop.
-商店 -没错
- The shop? - Yes,
去买♥♥香烟和报纸
to buy cigarettes and a newspaper.
要给你带点什么吗
Would you like anything?
你知道商店在哪吗
You do know where the shop is, don't you?
不知道 在哪
No, I don't, where is it?
卡乔夫卡
Grachevka.
来回要一天时间
It's half a day there, and half a day back.
这样 那我还是带好行李吧
Right. Ehm... I'd better pack.
-要去什么好地方吗 -不是
- Going to anywhere nice? - No.
其实我也...我也不知道
Actually, I don't... I don't know.
卡乔夫卡算好地方吗 我看够呛
Is Grachevka nice? I doubt it.
算啊 卡乔夫卡阳光很好
Oh, yes! "The Bright Light of Grachevka."
邮局门口的广♥告♥上说的
I'm told it hangs outside of the house of the Postmaster.
应该叫我来帮你打包的
You should ask for help to pack.
我就说你熬不过这个冬天的
I said you'd not see out the winter.
不 我只是去一趟卡乔夫卡
No, no, I'm just off to Grachevka.
天气好一点再去吧
Not in this weather.
但一直都是这种鬼天气啊
Yes, but it's always this weather. Isn't it?
要等积雪融化的话
If I wait to the snow to melt,
我就别想出去了
I'll never set the foot out of the hospital, will I?
别这样
Come on.
一个男人去卡乔夫卡没那么荒唐吧
It's not that ridiculous for a man to travel to Grachevka?
男人的话不荒唐
For a man, no.
不过你的话 会冻死的
But you will freeze to death.
这里没有香烟了 而且我想看报纸
We're out of cigarettes and I need to read a newspaper.
你要去商店
You want to go to the shop?
是 别跟我说这也荒唐
Yes, but don't tell me that's ridiculous, too.
就是去趟商店而已
Is it, to go to a shop?
是挺荒唐的 商店关门了
Yes. The shop is closed.
什么时候营业
What time does it open?
来年八月份
August.
我就是想出去走走 哪怕一天也好
It'd be nice to get out of here. If only for a day.
去四处看看
See the sights.
但是去加里雷瓦的军事墓地要三天时间
The military graveyard in Gavrilova it's three days from here.
有道理
It's a good point.
我可以先借你个烟斗
I can lend you a pipe, if you'd like,
先撑过这一阵
until the provisions come.
还可以借你点烟叶
And pinch of tobacco.
别忘了我还订了一大箱腌鱼
Don't forget I've ordered a case of pickles sprats.
还要庆祝生日呢
We've still have a birthday to celebrate
我做不到
I can't do that,
这条胳膊抬都抬不起来