圣人的活着!谁死了?
Saint's alive! Who's dead?
霍根太太,我听说你的孩子昨天出生了。
Mrs. Hogan, I hear your new baby came yesterday.
他也是个很好的小伙子。你不应该在床上吗?
And a fine broth of a boy he is, too. Shouldn't you be in bed?
嗯,我今天早上想呆在床上……
Well, I had a mind to stay in bed this morning...
可是还有衣服要洗,所以我对自己说,我说:
but there was the washing to do, so I says to meself, I says:
“现在,不是装病的时候了。”
"Now, this is no time for playing sick."
你打算给孩子取什么名字?
What're you going to name the baby?
霍根联合太平洋。那是你丈夫的主意吗?
Union Pacific Hogan. Was that your husband's idea?
迈克?当然,他打算去夏安镇庆祝。
Mike? Sure he's after going to Cheyenne to celebrate.
这小伙子醒过来的时候就半大了。
The lad'll be half-grown by the time he sobers up.
投!让孩子们进来!
Injuns! Get the kids in!
红人队!
Redskins!
各就各位!准备行动吧!
To your posts, men! Get ready for action!
等他们靠近了再开火。
Hold your fire till they get closer.
他们只有两个。
There's only two of them.
他们看起来像我的人。
And they look like my men.
我闻到了比印第安人更可怕的麻烦。
I smell worse trouble than Injuns.
回去工作,你们这些娇生惯养的人……
Get back to work, you mollycoddles...
不然我就用我的手把敲别人的裤子了。
or I'll be banging on somebody's pants with me pick-handle.
回去工作吧,你们这群胆小鬼!
Get back to the job, you terriers!
我们这次有很多麻烦,队长。
We got plenty troubles this time, Captain.
你知道安迪·卡拉汉吗,那个年级夏令营的工头?
You know that Andy Calahan, the foreman over at the grader's camp?
是的。关于他的什么?
Yeah. What about him?
没什么,只是他死了。
Nothing, only he's dead.
如何?
How?
一个叫杜克·琳的人有点发脾气了。
Fella named Duke Ring sort of lost his temper.
是的。现在,根本没有人在工作。
Yeah. Now, nobody's working at all.
但他们必须工作。
But they gotta work.
如果没有等级,我们就不能铺设轨道。
We can't lay track if there's no grade.
几百人在那边抱怨没有工资所以我们没有开始。
Couple of hundred of them over there yowling about no pay so we didn't start nothing.
我上楼去招待林先生。也许在日落前回来。
I'll go on up and entertain Mr. Ring. Back by sundown, maybe.
你最好带上我们,杰斐逊。那个工头死了。
You better take us with you, Jefferson. That foreman is awful dead.
忧郁的!忧郁的克莱顿!
Dusky! Dusky Clayton!
你能借我这支队伍去给年级生营送邮件吗?
Would you give me the loan of this team to take mail to the graders' camp?
那不是你该去的地方。谢谢。
That's no place for you to be going now. Thanks.
对不起,莫莉。嘿,这是什么?
Sorry, Mollie. Hey, what's this?
哎呀,凭我的脚底起誓!
Well, by the soles of me feet!
(你为什么工作?)
What're you working for?
不是钱,因为你根本没有钱。
It ain't money because you don't get none.
你是为了流汗而工作吗?
Are you working for your sweat?
这就是你能得到的一切。
That's all you'll get out of it.
除非有印第安人过来把你的头发扯下来。
Unless some Injun comes along and tears the hair off your head.
哇。
Whoa.
给我。
Give me that.
杜克的戒指。
That's Duke Ring.
你不需要这个。
You ain't gonna need this.
奥克斯·艾姆斯不喜欢看到他的铲子被这样用。
Oakes Ames would hate to see his shovels used like that.
在这儿等着。
Wait here.
你跟那群暴徒作对,是在自杀。
'Tis suicide you're contemplating, going against that mob.
也许吧。杰夫。
Maybe. Jeff.
没人会在一个人的脑袋上开个弹孔,让他的大脑恢复理智。
No one's ever put any sense into a man's brain through a bullet hole in his head.
也许你是对的。
Maybe you're right.
不管发生什么事,你都别插手。
Whatever happens you keep out of it.
那傻瓜根本没带枪。
The fool ain't got a gun on him.
你好,男孩!
Hello, boys!
你的领班在哪儿?
Where's your foreman?
你们的工头是个好家伙。
Your foreman was a fine fellow.
这个彪形大汉取代了他的位置?
This bruiser taking his place?
你打算怎么办,小子?
What're you going to do about it, bucko?
没什么,林先生如果这些人真傻到相信你这种满嘴谎言的人。
Nothing, Mr. Ring if these men are fools enough to believe a lying windbag like you.
我是在说谎,?
Lying, am I?
你到底有没有拿到两个月的工资?
Have you been paid for two months or ain't you?
不。
No.
当然,当然。你们都有工资。我也有。
Sure, sure. You've all got wages coming. So have I.
我们会得到应得的每一分钱。
We'll get every cent that's due us.
铁路不会因为你坐在那儿看雷先生破铁锹而给你钱的。
The railroad won't pay you for sitting around watching Mr. Ring break shovels.
现在,我们开始工作吧。
Now, let's go to work.
听起来像常识。
That sounds like horse sense.
哦,是吗?
Oh, does it?
我要杀了第一个搬土的人。
I'll kill the first man to move a shovel of earth.
你得先走一步,小子。
You'll go out of here feet first, bucko.
我不在那里。我在这里,林先生。
I'm not there. I'm over here, Mr. Ring.
我看见你了,你这个可恶的铁路警♥察♥。
I see you, you stinking railroad cop.
我还在,林先生。
Still here, Mr. Ring.
这边走,Ring先生。
This way, Mr. Ring.
伙计们,你们的恶霸来了。
Well, mates, there's your bully.
没有人能强迫你工作。
Nobody can make you work.
但如果你完成了工作,就离开营地,为那些真正想工作的男人腾出空间。
But if you're through with the job get out of camp and make room for men who do want to work.
好了,孩子们,一点了。这仍然是常识。
Well, boys, it's 1:00. That's still horse sense.
我们还在等什么?来吧,男孩。
What are we waiting for? Come on, boys.
来吧,孩子们,拿上你们的铲子。
Come on, boys, bring your shovels.
我一直在铁路上工作
# I've been working on the railroad #
所有的一整天
# All the livelong day #
我一直在铁路上工作
# I've been working on the railroad #
#只是为了打发时间#打领带,戒指。
# Just to pass the time away # Hit the ties, Ring.
别停下来跟坎培说再见。
And don't stop to say goodbye to Campeau.
你没听见汽笛声吗?#
# Don't you hear the whistle blowing? #
#早上起得这么早#
# Rise up so early in the morn #
你没听见工头在喊吗
# Don't you hear the foreman shouting #
哦,黛娜,吹响你的号♥角
# Oh, Dinah, blow your horn #
天哪,真是个男子汉。
Gorry, what a man.
我一直在铁路上工作
# I've been working on the railroad #
#一辈子##
# All the livelong ##
你能看见他吗?
Can you see him?
我最后一次见到他时,我正从一片越橘地朝他开枪。
Last time I seen him, I was shooting at him from a huckleberry patch.
夸夸其谈,但没有工资。
Plenty big talk, but no payroll.
这样的举动意味着灾难,格兰特将军。
Such a move means disaster, General Grant.
我们的信用透♥支♥到了极点。
Our credit is stretched to the breaking point.
有个无法无天的家伙,在这条路的尽头跟我们纠缠不清。
An element, lawless beyond all reason, hangs onto our coattails here at the End of Track.
这就像是一个要破坏铁路的可怕阴谋。
It's like a monstrous conspiracy determined to wreck the railroad.
现在,巴罗斯先生提议在拉勒米以西进行新的调查。
And now Mr. Barrows proposes a new survey west of Laramie.
有名望的工程师告诉我,我们目前的路线不切实际。
Reputable engineers advise me our present route is impractical.
我宁愿听一头老水牛的建议。
I'd rather take the advice of one old buffalo.
一头水牛吗?噢,得了吧,将军。
A buffalo? Oh, come now, General.
这条铁路建在一条古老的野牛小道上。
This railroad is being built on an old buffalo trail.
这些动物都是实用的旅行者,巴罗斯先生。
Those animals are practical travelers, Mr. Barrows.
我从没见过哪个人因为经济原因改变了他的路线。
And I never knew one that changed his route for financial reasons.
我们不能这么做,赶在中♥央♥车站之前到达奥格登。
And we can't do it and reach Ogden before the Central.
我唯一关心的,格兰特将军,就是铺设一条诚实的道路。
My only concern, General Grant, is to lay an honest stretch of track.
巴罗斯先生想要增加90英里的铁轨。
Mr. Barrows wants 90 miles of additional track.
如果那是命令,我必须辞去总工程师的职务。
If that is ordered, then I must resign as Chief Engineer.
但是,一般躲避…
But, General Dodge...
政♥府♥希望该公♥司♥能按合同规定完成这条铁路。
The Government expects the company to finish the railroad as contracted.
它还希望通用道奇公♥司♥继续掌权。
It also expects General Dodge to remain in authority.
埃姆斯先生。
Mr. Ames.
你需要多少钱来支付即时账单和工资?
How much money do you need for immediate bills and wages?
至少一百万美元。
At least a million dollars.
你似乎对这条路很感兴趣,巴罗斯先生…
You seem to have the interest of the road so deeply at heart, Mr. Barrows...
我建议你把钱借给艾姆斯先生。
I suggest you lend Mr. Ames the money.
一百万美元吗?是的。
A million dollars? Yes.
联合太平洋航♥空♥公♥司♥。
For the Union Pacific.
我认为为公路和下一任美国总统服务是一种荣幸。
I consider it a privilege to serve the road and the next President of the United States.
第一批现金将在本周内寄出。
The first shipment of cash will be sent before the week is over.
将军。先生们。
General. Gentlemen.
谢谢你,将军。谢谢你!
Thank you, General. Thank you.
谢谢你,将军。
Thank you, General.
将军,把铁建在那些山上是需要钱的。
It takes money to put iron over those mountains, General.
进来吧,孩子们。一个相同的缓存为一个和所有。
Come on in, boys. An equal cache for one and all.
能麻烦你借个火吗,陌生人?
Can I trouble you for a light, stranger?
确定。
Sure.
电影精选列表