整个音乐界 可以分为两大阶段
There are two things in the music business:
《颤栗》之前和《颤栗》之后
before Thriller and after Thriller.
Michael Jackson - Thriller 40 (2023)
注意
Mark.
我第一次听到迈克尔·杰克逊的《颤栗》时
The first time I heard Michael Jackson's Thriller,
它既是流行乐 又是节奏布鲁斯 也是福音 是摇滚
he was pop, he was R and B, he was gospel, he was rock.
它是我所喜爱的一切
It was everything that I loved.
他融合了所有的流行元素
And bring all of these elements together
舞蹈和编舞
dance and choreography
和具有戏剧性的片段和那种感觉
and theatrical moments and the feeling,
就像音乐剧一样 让人身临其境
you know, like a musical, damn near.
它的神奇之处在于 一首歌♥比一首歌♥好
The magic of it-- each track was better than the next.
它深入你心 每个人都感觉得到
It was in your brain, and everybody knew it.
迈克尔·杰克逊的《颤栗》专辑 连续十四周
For the 14th consecutive week, the best-selling album in the country
成为美国最畅销专辑
is Michael Jackson's Thriller.
如果《颤栗》是现在发布的
If Thriller came out today,
那它仍然会成为 有史以来最伟大的专辑
it would still be the greatest album ever made.
这是现代流行音乐的终极蓝图
It's the ultimate blueprint to modern pop music.
我喜欢这张唱片的歌♥曲排序
I love the way that record is sequenced, right?
《想要挑起事端》 歌♥名说明了一切
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." The title says it.
他现在想开始搞一些事情 他想要...
He wanted to be starting some shit right now. He wanted...
就像是他在说 "我现在就要
He's like, "I'm about to start some shit
在这个行业开创一番事业了 我要'干翻'所有人"
in the industry right now. I'm about to blow everybody up."
这是他开创的一切事业的顶峰
This was literally the pinnacle of everything that began with him.
《颤栗》《避开》
"Thriller," "Beat It"
还有《比利·简》
and "Billie Jean."
我想说 从《颤栗》发行 直到今天
To this day, when "Thriller" comes on, I mean,
没有任何一次万圣节
there's not a Halloween that doesn't happen
你会听不到那首歌♥
where you don't hear that song.
然后还有《人之本性》《P.Y.T》
But then you have "Human Nature," "P.Y.T.,"
还有《我生命中的女孩》
and then you have "Lady in My Life."
它成为有史以来最畅销的专辑
It became the biggest-selling album ever.
迈克尔·杰克逊 是我车上必不可少的
Michael Jackson. Always keep one in the cab.
这就是历史
This is history.
我想说这是黑人文化
I want to say it's Black culture,
但这是 属于每个人的
but it's-it's for everyone.
《颤栗》是有史以来最畅销的专辑
Thriller is the biggest-selling album of all time.
《颤栗》是一种文化现象
Thriller is a cultural phenomenon
这已经持续了四十年
that's lasted four decades
并且这似乎还在继续稳固前进
and seems determined to continue going forward.
最让人佩服的是
What takes your breath away is
他有成为世界上最大的明星的野心
he had the ambition to become the biggest star in the world.
并且他做到了
And he did it.
事实上 他早已有那个梦想 或者说那个目标
The fact that he had that dream, I mean, that-that goal,
这就是不同寻常的故事
that's what's the remarkable story.
从我们小时候开始
Ever since we were kids,
我们一直都想要跳舞 或者跟着音乐的节奏
we've always wanted to dance or keep the time to the music.
这是我们的一部分
And that's part of us.
就像是 我们必须得有的东西
It's like, uh, something we have to have.
就在我们内心
And it's in us,
因为我不知道 如果没有音乐的话 我会怎么办
because I don't know what I would do if there was, uh... wasn't music.
乔·杰克逊在孩子们的职业生涯中扮演的角色
Joe Jackson's role in his children's careers
引发了人们广泛的讨论
would give people a lot to talk about.
这位前钢铁工人 不知怎的带领他的家庭离开了印第安纳州
The former steelworker had somehow gotten his family out of Indiana,
为明星之路做好了铺垫
groomed for stardom.
接下来要登场的是 来自印第安纳州加里的
Now, here are five brothers from Gary, Indiana,
年龄从10岁到18岁不等的五兄弟组合
from Gary, Indiana, ranging in age from ten to 18:
杰克逊五兄弟
The Jackson 5.
这个可怜男孩的生活
This poor man's life has been
已经被完全"剖析"
dissected completely.
到现在为止 还有什么是我们不知道的呢
Is there anything anybody hasn't asked you by now?
跟我谈谈 你认为
Now, tell me, what do you think
你自己和杰克逊家族 成功的关键是什么
is the success of the Jacksons, yourself and the Jacksons?
我觉得关键应该是 团结
I would say probably, um, togetherness.
当我想到迈克尔的时候
I can't think about Michael without thinking about
就会自然而然地想到杰克逊五兄弟和摩城
The Jackson 5 and Motown and all of that,
这让我回想起更久远的过去
so it takes me a little further back.
让我回想起《墙外》 这是我最喜欢的唱片之一
Takes me to Off the Wall, which is one of my favorite records.
欢迎再次来到WBLS电台 迈克尔·杰克逊
Welcome to WBLS once again, Michael Jackson.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
专辑的名字是...
The name of the album is...
-《墙外》- 是吗
-Off the Wall. -Are you?
我和迈克尔马上回来
We'll be back with Michael right after this.
我不是杰克逊五兄弟的忠实粉丝
I was not the biggest Jackson 5 fan.
我是一个严肃的流行音乐评论家
I was a serious pop music critic.
我觉得 "嗯 他们确实非常可爱"
And I said, "Well, it's cute what they're doing."
詹姆斯·布朗 杰基·威尔逊 他们都很厉害
You know, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, that's really nice.
但是这些不是我真正感兴趣的
You know, it wasn't what I was interested in.
后来《墙外》发行了
And then Off the Wall comes out,
我开始沉浸在它的快♥感♥之中 尝试深入了解迈克尔和他的内心世界
and I was caught up in the excitement of learning more about Michael and his world,
因此我单独采访了他
so I interview him separately.
集体采访杰克逊五兄弟 再单独采访他
You interview the brothers all together, him separately.
看得出来 他很紧张
You know, he's nervous.
他不喜欢接受采访
He doesn't like to do interviews.
他说 他时常感到悲伤和孤独
He's sad, he's lonely, he says.
他开始讲述自己的生活
He starts talking about his life.
他在 14 15 16岁那会儿受了很大的伤害
He was so hurt around 14 and 15 and 16,
那时他的脸变了
when his face changed.
他长大了
He got bigger.
我的意思是 他的脸上开始冒痘了
I mean, his face had broken out.
他非常伤心
He was so sad.
人们不再像以前那样关心他了
People didn't care about him anymore.
你知道吗 年轻人们会去参加别人家里的派对
You know, adults would come into a party at some house,
他们会环顾四周 寻找着 "迈克尔在哪里"
and they would be looking all around. "Where's Michael?"
他们甚至从他身边走过 完全没注意到他
And they'd be walking right past him, you know?
他觉得别人在说 "我们不在乎你了 我们想念的是那个小孩子"
And he got the feeling that, "We don't care about you. We want that little kid."
他下定决心要以一个独♥立♥歌♥手的身份
He was dead set on his focus to be, you know,
成为迈克尔·杰克逊
Michael Jackson, solo artist.
他必须这么做
And he had to.
他明白 他知道是时候了
He knew that it was time. He knew that...
他很高兴能够完全按照自己的想法去做这件事
He was excited to have it all be on his own terms.
而是... 不依靠于任何人
You know, not attached to anybody.
无需多言 他都懂...
And he knew that...
脱离了这些 他甚至能够"一步高飞"
that he was even gonna soar from that.
《墙外》取得了巨大的成功
Off the Wall was an enormous success.
它确立了迈克尔作为独♥立♥歌♥手的地位
It-it put Michael on the map as a solo artist.
人们忘记了 在《墙外》之前
People forget that, before Off the Wall,
也就是从摩城时期到《命运》专辑之间的一段时间
there was a period between Motown and the Destiny album
人们认为杰克逊五人组的职业生涯就要结束了
where people thought maybe the career of The Jackson 5 was over,
他们已成为昨日黄花 成为了被遗忘的男孩乐队
that they were yesterday's news, forgotten boy band, really.
所以《墙外》重新确立了迈克尔值得关注的地位
So Off the Wall reestablished Michael as someone to watch.
《墙外》是一张令人难以置信的专辑
Off the Wall was just this incredible record,
我们知道 迈克一定会带着一些特别的东西回归
and we knew that Mike was coming back with something special
因为在格莱美颁奖典礼上 他并未赢得他想要的一切
because he didn't win everything that he wanted during the Grammys,
他只获得了一个奖项
and he only won one award,
那就是节奏布鲁斯奖项
which was the R and B award at that.
他认为自己肯定能大获全胜
He thought he was gonna sweep.
他肯定在想 "我这都是流行热曲啊“
He thought for sure, "I got a pop smash here."
所以 当这没能发生时 他怀着复仇的决心离开了
So, when that didn't happen, he left there with a vengeance,
下定决心 下次要做得更好
just determined to do better next time.
他下定决心 要去改变人们对他的看法
He was determined to change the way he was perceived.
他给自己写了很多东西 包括肯定自己的话
There were a lot of writings he did to himself, affirmations.
我站在镜子前 一遍又一遍对自己说..
I look in the mirror, and I would say over and over to myself...
我会深深吸一口气 双脚并拢 挺直身体 坚强地如一位...
I'd take a deep breath, put my feet together, raise myself erect, strong like a...
一位英雄战士
a hero warrior,
然后我会对自己说 "史上最畅销专辑 销量最大"
and I'd say, "Biggest-selling album of all time, greatest seller,"
一遍又一遍地在心中默念 注视着我的双眼
over and over to my mind, and look in my eyes.
我是认真的
And I'd mean it.
我会说 "有史以来最畅销的专辑"
I'd say, "Biggest-selling album of all times."
除这个之外 我什么都不会去接受
And I wouldn't accept anything unless this was exactly what I wanted.
我的态度是 我要拿到史上最畅销的专辑
电影精选列表