that's much richer than what we've seen with Spot.
那就意味着我们能做出有意识的机器了吗
Would that mean that we could build a conscious machine?
有些机器人专家正在尝试用机器人
Now, some roboticists are trying to mimic the human sense
模拟人类的触觉
of touch in robots.
让我们欢迎来自牛津机器人研究所的
From the Oxford Robotics Institute,
珀拉·马约利诺
please welcome Perla Maiolino!
麦克好 大家好
Hello, Michael. Hello, everyone.
你好 珀拉 欢迎来到圣诞讲座
Hello, Perla, and welcome to the Christmas Lectures.
你带上来一台
Now, you have brought on a really
外观着实相当引人注目的机器
quite spectacular-looking machine.
它是什么
What is it?
这是一台机械手臂 它的柔软手掌上装配有
So, this is a robotic arm that is equipped with a soft hand
集成触觉传感器
with the integrated tactile sensor.
触觉传感器会提供对于触摸的感受
This tactile sensor provides the sense of touch.
我们要做个实验对吗 -是的
Now we're going to do an experiment, aren't we? - Yeah.
所以我们需要一位志愿者
And for this, we need a volunteer.
好 就你了 请到台上来
OK, you. Come on down. Yep.
你好 你叫什么 -特里克茜
Hello. What's your name? - Trixie.
特里克茜 好的 到珀拉那儿去
Trixie. OK, over to Perla.
珀拉会告诉你要做什么
And Perla is going to show you what to do.
请到我身边来 好
Please, come close here with me. OK.
你要试着去握这只手
So, you should try to shake the hand.
这就是一次握手 你有什么感觉
And this is a hand shake. How do you feel it?
感觉十分奇怪
It's quite strange,
因为它有点软
because it's, like, soft.
是的 这些实际零件就是触觉传感器
Yeah. These actual parts are the tactile sensors,
通过它们 那只手就能感知你的手
and through them, the hand is perceiving your hand.
我来向你们展示
And I will show you,
这里你们能看到手部的影像
here you can see the image of the hand.
传感器被触碰时 你们能看到
When the sensors are touched, you can see
颜色的改变 这与作用在传感器上的
that the colour changes and this is related to the pressure
压力有关
that is applied on them.
我们可以利用这些信息控制它
And we can use this information to control it,
安全地与人类和环境交互
to safely interact with humans and with the environment.
好的 珀拉 非常感谢为我们带来这件
OK, Perla, thank you so much for bringing on
了不起的装置 也非常感谢你 特里克茜
your incredible equipment. And Trixie, thank you so much.
让我们为这只大手热烈鼓掌
Let's have a big hand for the big hand!
说到我们人类了不起的智力
For all our human intellect, our incredible human intellect,
我们就是靠自己的身体探索 诠释
our bodies are how we navigate and interpret
理解这个世界
and make sense of the world.
我们可以同时通过
And we learn about the world
身体的所有感官了解和诠释
and we interpret the world through our senses,
这个世界
all our senses at once.
我们的大脑与我们闻到 看到
Our brains are intrinsically connected to what we smell, we see,
尝到 听到 以及在所处世界的体感
we taste, and we hear, as well as to our sense of our bodies
都有着内在联♥系♥
and in the world.
我们要做个实验 再深入一点探究
Now, we're going to do an experiment to explore a little bit more
感受的概念 以及它为何如此重要
about the idea of experience and why this is so important.
我面前有一只气球
Now, in front of me is a balloon, and
气球里装满了氢气
the balloon is full of hydrogen.
我们马上要让它爆♥炸♥
And in a moment, we're going to blow it up,
因为每场圣诞讲座都要有场爆♥炸♥
because every Christmas Lecture has to have an explosion!
当我点燃这只气球 你们的身体会感受到
Now, when I light this balloon, your bodies will experience it,
我向你们保证 你们一定会感受到的
and I assure you, you will experience it,
通过一系列不同的方式
in a range of different ways.
你们肯定会堵耳朵的 因为 相信我
And you're going to have to cover your ears, cos, believe me,
声音肯定会很响
it's going to be loud.
需要堵耳朵时我会告诉你们的
I'll tell you when you need to cover your ears.
我需要戴上点安全装备 因为我就是那个
I need to put on some safety equipment, because I'm the mug
要引爆它的傻瓜
that's going to blow it up.
好的
Ok.
好了 各位 堵上耳朵
OK. Folks, cover your ears!
你们真的需要这样做
You really do need to do this,
因为声音真的会很响
cos it is going to be really loud.
所有人都准备好了吗
Is everybody ready?
三 二 一
Three, two, one!
刚才的爆♥炸♥ 你们都感受到了吗
That explosion, did you all feel it?
感受到了
Yes.
好的 那我先问问你们 你们感受到了
OK. Let me ask you firstly, what physical properties
什么物理特性 谁感觉到热了
did you experience? Who felt the heat?
对吧 好的 这很明显
Yeah? OK. That's remarkable.
你们都感受到阶梯教室里的温度了
You all felt the heat in this lecture theatre.
那光呢 你们看到爆♥炸♥时的光了吗
And the light? Did you see that burst of light?
是吧 最后是声音
Yeah? And finally, the sound.
即使全都堵着耳朵
Even though you all had your ears covered,
你们都听到声音了吧
did you hear the sound?
你们很难听不到那声巨响
You could hardly fail to hear that sound.
我觉得他们在曼彻斯特都能听到 好了
I think they could hear it in Manchester! OK.
不过刚才那仅仅只是人感受的一部分
But that was only part of your human experience.
刚才你们有什么感觉
How did it make you feel?
刚才的爆♥炸♥有人觉得吃惊吗
Was anybody surprised by the explosion?
感到吃惊的请举手
Put your hands up if you were surprised.
好的 我猜你们觉得吃惊是因为它比你们
OK, I'm guessing you were surprised cos it was a lot more violent
预想的猛烈得多 对吗 没错 好
than you expected. Is that right? Yeah. OK.
有谁在我们刚才营造气氛之后
Who was really excited and anticipating the explosion
相当兴奋 在期盼着爆♥炸♥
in the build-up that we did?
对吧 所以我们才要营造气氛
Yeah? OK, so we built it up.
好的 诚实一点 如果被刚才的爆♥炸♥
OK, be honest now, put your hands up
吓到了 请你举手
if you were possibly a little bit scared by the explosion?
好 能承认这件事 我觉得你们非常诚实
OK. I think you're very honest to admit that.
这绝对没有关系
And that's absolutely fine.
被像那样的爆♥炸♥吓到完全正常
It's perfectly normal to be scared by an explosion like that.
下面是我的观点
Now, here is my point.
我们可以给点点这样的机器人装上传感器
We can equip robots like Spot with sensors that will be able
好让它们能够检测到声光热
to detect light and sound and heat.
但你们的那些感受
But those experiences you had,
吃惊 期盼 害怕
surprise, anticipation, fear,
这都是属于人类的
they were human.
点点不会有那些感受
And Spot doesn't have those.
刚才的精彩表演 声光都贡献了力量
The spectacle, the noise, the light, they all contributed it.
但你们的心理反应才是人类感受中
But it was your mental response that was a crucial part
最重要的部分
of your human experience.
害怕 兴奋 吃惊 期盼 无论哪个
Fear, excitement, surprise, anticipation, whatever it is,
人工智能程序目前都不会有
an AI programme right now doesn't have it.
点点不会有那种感受
Spot doesn't have it.
人工智能现在能做的事 在二十年前来看
So, AI is doing things today that seemed pretty much impossible
几乎不可能
20 years ago.
在座的各位是极为特别的
And you in this audience are unique.
之所以特别 是因为你们将会是人类历史上
You are unique because you are the first people
第一批在成年时
in all of human history that will reach adulthood
被人工智能世界包围的人
in a time where AI surrounds you in the world.
人工智能将无处不在
AI will be everywhere.
它将融入我们与世界交互的
It will be embedded into pretty much everything
几乎所有事物
that you interact with in the world.
在今年的讲座中 我们已经见识到了
And we've seen in these lectures that there is amazing
它惊人的潜力
potential there.
人工智能将为医疗行业带来变革
AI is going to be transformative in health care,
这将造福全人类
and that's going to benefit people all across the world.
它将应用在游戏领域
It's going to be in games that are
使游戏变得更加好玩
going to be so much fun to play
让你们享受无尽的快乐时光
and give you endless hours of pleasure.
但也存在风险 我们在讲座中谈到过的
But there are also risks, the risks that we've been talking about
那些风险 你们需要警惕
in this lecture, and you need to be aware
那些风险 明白它们都是什么
of those risks, understand what they are,
确保在我们的未来那些风险不会变成现实
and ensure that our future doesn't realise those risks.
到那时 在你们迈向和创造未来的时候
Now, in that future, as you go and invent that future,
有些东西是你们的确需要记得的
there's something that you really need to remember.
人工智能不是有思维的人
AI is not a mind.
它和你我不一样
It is not like you or me.
因为人类是独一无二的
Because human beings are unique.
你们是独一无二的
电影精选列表